Didn’t See This Posted...Garrett Doubles Down on N-Word Accusation

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
Orangesteel

Didn’t See This Posted...Garrett Doubles Down on N-Word Accusation

Post by Orangesteel » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:12 am

Y’all see this? Day after he is reinstated Myles Garrett doubles down and says Rudolph threw out the racial slur during the melee. Damn. This guy is really going all out about this claim. Bonkers.

“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:37 am

That's all he has to try and make himself look less like the out of control criminal he is. It's a shame Rudolph has to deal with it but that's the world we live in. The only way I'd believe him is if Pouncey or Decastro, who were right there would have heard it. Teammate or not, there's no way they'd defend him is he said something like that.
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

steelmann58

Post by steelmann58 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:54 am

This is total BS he trying to come out as a good guy instead of the thug he really is .

Steelafan77

Post by Steelafan77 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:03 pm

...And In Other News Today..., The Earth is Spherical... :roll:
“I pride myself in creating discomfort for myself and others,” Tomlin said, “I’m fundamentally against comfort.” [3-24-2024]

stinger8

Post by stinger8 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:51 pm

Well Rudolph is I believe an acknowledged Magat so there's that. I heard Garret's interview and he came across thoughtful and articulate and what does he have to gain now that he is reinstated?? While no one here knows for sure what happened and probably never will, I dont think it is impossible that Rudolph was pissed getting hit and tackled a bit late in a losing game, frustrated, that his inner douche came out.

daikyu

Post by daikyu » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:57 pm

Well that is a huge accusation to throw out and you need evidence to back it up.

What Garrett has to gain is to find an excuse for his egregious behavior to try to restore his reputation. How many endorsements do you think Garrett is going to book after he clubbed Rudolph with a helmet?

Rupdolph was definitely frustrated. He got in Garrett's face after Rudolph was taken down. It is however, a huge leap to throwing out a word that is verboten in this day and age.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:30 pm

stinger8 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:51 pm
Well Rudolph is I believe an acknowledged Magat so there's that. I heard Garret's interview and he came across thoughtful and articulate and what does he have to gain now that he is reinstated?? While no one here knows for sure what happened and probably never will, I dont think it is impossible that Rudolph was pissed getting hit and tackled a bit late in a losing game, frustrated, that his inner douche came out.
Not a single person has corroborated Garrett's account. Nobody. Great discussion about Garrett's bullshit right now on Golic and Wingo.

Best point made was who benefits from burying the audio Garrett claims the league has of the incident?

Why IN THE FUCK would the league protect a fringe NFL player like Mason Rudolph over a franchise level talent like Myles Garrett?

Answer: they wouldn't, If audio existed of Rudolph calling Garrett the N word, the league would release it faster than MC Hammer Jr.'s balcony furniture could hit the ground. It would add context as to why a budding superstar like Garrett would go absolutely ballistic at the end of a blowout win against the Browns' biggest and most hated rival and would immediately make Garrett a sympathetic figure publicly.

So yeah, Rudolph didn't say it. No ifs, ands or buts about it. This is Garrett's attempt to place blame elsewhere, when 100% of the blame is on Myles Garrett himself.

Sort of how people tried to place blame on Ben Roethlisberger for when MC Hammer Jr. freaked out. Nobody's doing it anymore, because it became clear MC Hammer Jr. is a mental midget and Roethlisberger has been proven 100% innocent.

Don't be surprised if another incident arises with Garrett. He isn't all there.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

BethlehemSteel

Post by BethlehemSteel » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:49 pm

Rudolph should have pressed charges or sued him right away as many of us stated.

Guy is a glorfied pyschopath
"If our team doesn't face enough adversity early on in a season, I create it. Nothing builds a team like adversity." ~ Mike Tomlin

stinger8

Post by stinger8 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:38 pm

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:49 pm
Rudolph should have pressed charges or sued him right away as many of us stated.

Maybe should have done that but what if in a court case under oath Rudolph is asked if he used a disgusting racial slur and he denied it and an audio recording surfaced that proved he lied, hmmmm. Counter suit, career ender etc??? Maybe Rudolph just wants this to go away to cover his ass. Maybe not but maybe so??? The guy in the interview below comes across a calm rational person, why would he go so ballistic over a physical confrontation the likes of which he has engaged in hundreds of times over his playing days high school/college)?? Does not make sense..... unless something egregious happened. Hey you can be a Steeler fan and call out Steeler players who are P.O.S. if they deserve it

https://www.tsn.ca/nfl/video/garrett-ag ... wl~1900568

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:47 pm

Two of Garrett's Nigerian trainers did hear Rudolph say the N word but it wasn't on the football field but at 2 in the morning in a snowstorm on the way to get Subway sandwiches.

That's more believable than what Garrett claimed.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Nietzsche

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:04 pm

stinger8 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:38 pm
BethlehemSteel wrote:

Maybe should have done that but what if in a court case under oath Rudolph is asked if he used a disgusting racial slur and he denied it and an audio recording surfaced that proved he lied, hmmmm. Counter suit, career ender etc??? Maybe Rudolph just wants this to go away to cover his ass. Maybe not but maybe so??? The guy in the interview below comes across a calm rational person, why would he go so ballistic over a physical confrontation the likes of which he has engaged in hundreds of times over his playing days high school/college)?? Does not make sense..... unless something egregious happened. Hey you can be a Steeler fan and call out Steeler players who are P.O.S. if they deserve it

Dude....Garrett is claiming the NFL has audio of Mason calling this piece of utter shit the N word.

As I said above, why would the fucking league protect a fringe NFL player like Rudolph over an elite, franchise level talent like Garrett?

Oh yeah....they wouldn't. If audio existed, the NFL would look to protect the star player and would HAPPILY throw the racist fringe player to the wolves.

Get real. There isn't any audio because it didn't happen. Garrett was fined for punching Delanie Walker and had two absolutely uncalled for dirty hits on Trevor Siemian, one which ended his season. Garrett's a piece of shit, no matter what color he is.

The guy is a piece of shit.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

zeke5123

Post by zeke5123 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

stinger8 wrote:
First, drop it with the political bullshit.

Second, the "thoughtful and articulate" Garret is still an asshole if Mason did use the N word. Trying to brain someone because of using a word -- even a really bad inappropriate word -- is not a reasonable or rationale response. The end. Shut the fuck up, apologize, and go back to work. Doing anything other than that is missing the point by a mile.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:30 pm

zeke5123 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm
stinger8 wrote:

Second, the "thoughtful and articulate" Garret is still an asshole if Mason did use the N word. Trying to brain someone because of using a word -- even a really bad inappropriate word -- is not a reasonable or rationale response. The end. Shut the fuck up, apologize, and go back to work. Doing anything other than that is missing the point by a mile.
For the record, it's a fine line, but mentioning the player's politics without judgement is not the same as making a political post. And I agree with your second point.
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3× 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:41 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:30 pm
zeke5123 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm
stinger8 wrote:

For the record, it's a fine line, but mentioning the player's politics without judgement is not the same as making a political post. And I agree with your second point.
True. I think the contention is that "since he's a maga guy, he must be racist." Which is a touchy subject. But even if you focus on the last part - shut up and move on - he actually said that he's already past it (But he still called me the n word!!!). If he is, then why is he slinging shit again by bringing it up after his re-instatement? He's a hypocrite. He should have just apologized to the entire NFL and expressed gratitude that he's back playing football. End of story.
Last edited by COR-TEN on Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:42 pm

Oh, I completely agree COR-TEN. Myles is going to get some special "attention" in the first Steelers game this year.
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3× 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:43 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:42 pm
Oh, I completely agree COR-TEN. Myles is going to get some special "attention" in the first Steelers game this year.
I was gonna suggest the same. But was told that shit doesn't happen. They are professionals. 8-)
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:39 pm

<<Garrett sacks Mason and is on top of him.>>

Mason: You're bigger than me, get the fuck off!
Garett: What the fuck did you just call me?!
Mason: Hunh? What the fuck! Why are you ripping my helmet off?!

Etc, etc.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:47 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
For the record, it's a fine line, but mentioning the player's politics without judgement...
He referred to him as a "Magat". Just a typo, I suppose.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

StillerInCT

Post by StillerInCT » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:13 pm

This is what is driving me away from the NFL. It's turned into a 24/7 soap opera.
"Work harder not smarter" - Mike Tomlin

steeledge

Post by steeledge » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:34 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:47 pm
bradshaw2ben wrote:
For the record, it's a fine line, but mentioning the player's politics without judgement...

Right, and his homophonic reference to insect larva is just a non-judgemental faux pas.

whoopsie daisy! :roll:

What stinger8 is attempting is clever use of subtly provocative and incendiary language to rile up the masses and grab the popcorn.
It's cheap, but it also comes at the cost of exacerbating the problem instead of contributing to the solution.

I get it, it's an easy, low-brow entertainment form, but it does nothing to help the real societal issues that we all need to work to overcome.

In short, stinger8, you should stop while you're behind and shut the fuck up now.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:44 pm

steeledge wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:34 pm
Kodiak wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Right, and his homophonic reference to insect larva is just a non-judgemental faux pas.

What stinger8 is attempting is clever use of subtly provocative and incendiary language to rile up the masses and grab the popcorn.
It's cheap, but it also comes at the cost of exacerbating the problem instead of contributing to the solution.

I get it, it's an easy, low-brow entertainment form, but it does nothing to help the real societal issues that we all need to work to overcome.

In short, stinger8, you should stop while you're behind and shut the fuck up now.
Don't give such a niggardly reading of stinger8's post.

:D

I can't help it.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Ice

Post by Ice » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:56 pm

The late David E. Davis, Jr, one of my favorite automotive journalists, used the same word to describe a car's trunk space relative to the other two vehicles in the comparison test and received several letters to the editor essentially calling him a racist. Even at about 10 years old, I was sad for the English language in the United States.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

AirRescueFF

Post by AirRescueFF » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:12 pm

Rudolph should have Tim Younger put out an even stronger statement directly to Garrett or his representative. Remind him what slander is, and to put up concrete proof or zip it.

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:20 pm

AirRescueFF wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:12 pm
Rudolph should have Tim Younger put out an even stronger statement directly to Garrett or his representative. Remind him what slander is, and to put up concrete proof or zip it.
Not slander if Garrett really believes he heard it. Also, what damages would Rudolph claim?

AirRescueFF

Post by AirRescueFF » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:35 pm

It was investigated and no evidence was found, for whatever that is worth. Continuing to repeat it to the media can damage his reputation, for whatever that is worth as well.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:36 pm

Ice wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:56 pm
The late David E. Davis, Jr, one of my favorite automotive journalists, used the same word to describe a car's trunk space relative to the other two vehicles in the comparison test and received several letters to the editor essentially calling him a racist. Even at about 10 years old, I was sad for the English language in the United States.
I cannot begin to tell you the amount of perverse glee I get from working that term into classes with woke, Gen Z freshmen.

Ice

Post by Ice » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:42 pm

Fighting the good fight, sir.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

steeledge

Post by steeledge » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:03 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:44 pm
steeledge wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:34 pm
Kodiak wrote:

Don't give such a niggardly reading of stinger8's post.

:D

I can't help it.
I get it, it's an easy, low-brow entertainment form
:lol:

BethlehemSteel

Post by BethlehemSteel » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:03 pm

stinger8 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:38 pm
BethlehemSteel wrote:

Then we’d get the truth and we all can change our minds with new info.
"If our team doesn't face enough adversity early on in a season, I create it. Nothing builds a team like adversity." ~ Mike Tomlin

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:12 pm

AirRescueFF wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:35 pm
It was investigated and no evidence was found, for whatever that is worth. Continuing to repeat it to the media can damage his reputation, for whatever that is worth as well.
It's a higher standard than would apply to you or I. If Garrett really believes he heard that, it would be very difficult to prove he's lying about having heard it (and, no, a tape isn't necessarily going to be definitive one way or the other). "Reputation" isn't what is going to hurt Rudolph's earnings in the NFL. And no one really believe he said it, anyway.

In other words, Rudolph would be wasting his money suing for defamation. Defamation suits are almost always a waste of money.

Locked Previous topicNext topic