Didn’t See This Posted...Garrett Doubles Down on N-Word Accusation

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
stinger8

Re: Didn’t See This Posted...Garrett Doubles Down on N-Word Accusation

Post by stinger8 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:28 pm

I would put the over/under on the percentage of actual racists on this board at 70%. sad :(

Some people gettin real sensitive, probably because they are feelin kind guilty :o

The dudes telling me to shut the fuck can well..... shut the fuck up :P

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:52 pm

stinger8 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:28 pm
I would put the over/under on the percentage of actual racists on this board at 70%. sad :(

Some people gettin real sensitive, probably because they are feelin kind guilty :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:18 am

There is another possibility I submit!

Rudolph said something during the scuffle. Garrett heard something during the scuffle. Neither of which actually match. Each individual knows in their heart of hearts they are telling the truth.

Neither is telling a falsehood. Each is telling the truth.

As evidence I submit:

What do you hear “Green Needle” or “Brainstorm”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1okD66Rm ... sist_app=1

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:51 am

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:18 am
What do you hear “Green Needle” or “Brainstorm”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1okD66Rm ... sist_app=1

I hear "green stool"

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:57 am

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
There is another possibility I submit!

Rudolph said something during the scuffle. Garrett heard something during the scuffle. Neither of which actually match. Each individual knows in their heart of hearts they are telling the truth.

I mean, with thousands of racists in the stands it really could have been anyone that said it.

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:44 am

stinger8 wrote:

We have no way of knowing whether Rudolph said it or not, but I'm going to need some corroboration before I just believe it. I'm surprised you're so willing to entertain it just on Garrett's word.

And as I said before, even if Rudolph said the worst possible thing a white man can say to a black man, it would never justify Garrett whacking him with his helmet.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:29 am

Don't you think if he would have said it Garret would have called Pouncey out right there on the spot for protecting a racist? This story has so many holes. It's disgusting that this guy can get away with flat out lying about another player. I know his agent and the Steelers are probably keeping Rudolph from responding but this must be really hard for him to take. I don't care if the whole team gets suspended and we lose 50 to zero. The next time we play the Browns there should be a bounty on that fucker. He's trying to destroy Rudolph's character. That shouldn't be allowed to stand.
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

Burghboy

Post by Burghboy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:33 am

My freshman or sophomore year in college, I was called that name in a convenience store. Immediately I saw red and laid the guy out, tossed him around a bit and broke some stuff. Too dumb and full of rage to actually, you know get out of Dodge I told anyone that even looked in my direction the reason why I behaved like that. The clerk behind the counter, students waiting in line for a Schmuffin, the girl he was with, basically it was impossible for me not to express my reason. That's why I think Garrett is full of shit. If Rudolph really did call him that word and he was enraged enough to basically try to kill a guy there is no way Garret would have kept that in his back pocket until he went to see the commish. He's a piece of shit.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:37 pm

Burghboy wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:33 am
My freshman or sophomore year in college, I was called that name in a convenience store. Immediately I saw red and laid the guy out, tossed him around a bit and broke some stuff. Too dumb and full of rage to actually, you know get out of Dodge I told anyone that even looked in my direction the reason why I behaved like that. The clerk behind the counter, students waiting in line for a Schmuffin, the girl he was with, basically it was impossible for me not to express my reason. That's why I think Garrett is full of shit. If Rudolph really did call him that word and he was enraged enough to basically try to kill a guy there is no way Garret would have kept that in his back pocket until he went to see the commish. He's a piece of shit.
You know what? I appreciate Zeke's position that you don't swing a potentially lethal weapon at a guy's head for saying something disgusting. Permanently debilitating injury does not meet with demeaning insults. But I remain confused on whether it is never appropriate in any situation to administer a bit of a beating, particularly if the insulters is equal in stature.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Stlcrtn1974

Post by Stlcrtn1974 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:31 pm

The funny thing about racist or racism is that it still exists, and it always will. As a percentage, there are just as many white racists as there are black. I dont give a fuck what anyone says. Am I a racist for saying I cant stand hillbillies, white trash, black trash, or whatever you call any person from a certain race that is a lazy, self entitled, asshole that drains our society. My grandparents survived a famine (holodomer), Stalin, and Hitler. They never cried the blues about the past or wanted any handout. Why should I when I didnt experience it. And guess what, I'm a Democrat.

stinger8

Post by stinger8 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:57 pm

El Kabong wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:44 am
stinger8 wrote:

We have no way of knowing whether Rudolph said it or not, but I'm going to need some corroboration before I just believe it. I'm surprised you're so willing to entertain it just on Garrett's word.

And as I said before, even if Rudolph said the worst possible thing a white man can say to a black man, it would never justify Garrett whacking him with his helmet.
First of all I never said he did say it I suggested it was possible given Rudolph's political leanings. In the excited stats of america there are only 2 choices (unfortunate) and I know which side harbors all the racists, that is indisputable. Additionally I never condoned taking a weapon and hitting him over the head, however that is an easy position to take if you are white, which I am.

However if you are black and have seen the images (lynchings) of how black people were treated for 150 plus years by white people and the ongoing systemic racism that permeates the american landscape to this day (unbelievable) you may have had enough. Fuck that next time I see or experience injustice I am going to take matters into my own hands.

I have commented on this site a couple of years ago when I was tailgating in Pittsburgh and some black guys were trying to sell trinkets to all the white tailgaters and some dude out loud called them "shines", which I had never heard before (fortunately I am not American) and when told what that meant I was mortified that people in the US could be so overtly racist out loud in the open. So callous, so arrogant, so cocky, so disgusting.
BTW I gave one of the peddlers a porchetta sandwich and a beer cause I think its the nice thing to do, he was grateful and a decent guy who did not deserve to be disrespected by that fuckin Neanderthal.

So just saying dont summarily assume its impossible that Rudolph said it, the guy got reinstated what does he have to gain by beating a dead horse?? Maybe he wont be intimidated by the "system" which continues to discriminate against him his family and probably many friends.

Sadly there are knuckle draggers on this site immediately taking the white guys side, black dude is liar, how dare the black guy speak up and then saying there should be a bounty on his head who cares if we lose 50 to nothing gotta keep the black man down at all costs.

Burghboy

Post by Burghboy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:11 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:37 pm
Burghboy wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:33 am
You know what? I appreciate Zeke's position that you don't swing a potentially lethal weapon at a guy's head for saying something disgusting. Permanently debilitating injury does not meet with demeaning insults. But I remain confused on whether it is never appropriate in any situation to administer a bit of a beating, particularly if the insulters is equal in stature.
I think there are situations that could call for someone catching a beating, but you have to be willing to accept the consequences of administering that beating. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. In my situation I perfectly willing to deal with the fall out due to having the misguided values of a teenage kid raised in not the best environment. Now I'm in my mid-40s and have a fantastic life, so my value system is completely different.

I still believe someone that called me that would deserve a beating mainly because unprovoked acts of rudeness are plain dumb, but I would be unwilling to dole it out because A. I'm out of shape and B. an adult who cannot be phased by what someone I don't care about thinks of me. My life could have been seriously derailed that night, luckily it wasn't and I am forever grateful. Garret's career could have been seriously derailed that game, luckily for him, it wasn't. I recognize how fortuitous I was in my situation. IUP is a small campus. Eventually, I ran into that guy again, we talked it out, shook hands and went our separate ways because I guess we both grew and learned. Garrett doubling down when given an opportunity to extend an olive branch shows me that he has learned absolutely nothing.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:11 pm

stinger8 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:57 pm
First of all I never said he did say it I suggested it was possible given Rudolph's political leanings. In the excited stats of america there are only 2 choices (unfortunate) and I know which side harbors all the racists, that is indisputable.
Stinger, at the risk of being given a vacation by B2B, I'm going to relay an anecdote from personal experience. In 2008, I knocked on doors for Obama in Pittsburgh. Get out the vote action. The doors I knocked on belonged to Democratic Party members. I cannot begin to tell you the filthy shit spewed at me by at-that-time Democratic Party voters in Bloomfield. White working class dudes saying unreal racist stuff. (Maybe I got yelled at by Lynch! :lol: ) Now, maybe these folks switched and became Republicans in 2008. But this was 8 years prior to Trump. EIGHT. Meanwhile, having grown up in Texas, I know many Republicans there that would have been embarrassed and disgusted to hear what I heard. Long story short, having a D next your name or having historically voted as such sure does not mean you are not a racist piece of shit.

So, let's slow the roll on the gross generalizations. Apologize for breaking the rules, B2B, but I thought it worth posting.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

zeke5123

Post by zeke5123 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:13 pm

stinger8 wrote:
El Kabong wrote:
stinger8 wrote:

First of all I never said he did say it I suggested it was possible given Rudolph's political leanings. In the excited stats of america there are only 2 choices (unfortunate) and I know which side harbors all the racists, that is indisputable. Additionally I never condoned taking a weapon and hitting him over the head, however that is an easy position to take if you are white, which I am.

However if you are black and have seen the images (lynchings) of how black people were treated for 150 plus years by white people and the ongoing systemic racism that permeates the american landscape to this day (unbelievable) you may have had enough. Fuck that next time I see or experience injustice I am going to take matters into my own hands.

I have commented on this site a couple of years ago when I was tailgating in Pittsburgh and some black guys were trying to sell trinkets to all the white tailgaters and some dude out loud called them "shines", which I had never heard before (fortunately I am not American) and when told what that meant I was mortified that people in the US could be so overtly racist out loud in the open. So callous, so arrogant, so cocky, so disgusting.
BTW I gave one of the peddlers a porchetta sandwich and a beer cause I think its the nice thing to do, he was grateful and a decent guy who did not deserve to be disrespected by that fuckin Neanderthal.

So just saying dont summarily assume its impossible that Rudolph said it, the guy got reinstated what does he have to gain by beating a dead horse?? Maybe he wont be intimidated by the "system" which continues to discriminate against him his family and probably many friends.

Sadly there are knuckle draggers on this site immediately taking the white guys side, black dude is liar, how dare the black guy speak up and then saying there should be a bounty on his head who cares if we lose 50 to nothing gotta keep the black man down at all costs.
First, can we ban this asshole? He doubles down on politics to the point of stupidly claiming ALL racists are on one side of the political spectrum. Really? All racists?

Second, acting like a hooligan because bad shit happened to your ancestor in the past is not a productive or reasonable way to behave. That way doesn’t lead to a better outcome for anyway. Excusing behavior because of historical wrongs is not treating black people with agency. It is in fact disgusting. I think the vast majority of black people have the self control not to try to kill someone because their interlocutor uttered the N word.

Third, please explain how in anyway the system has been unfair to Garret. Please. I can’t wait.

Fourth, I’m curious how you know poster’s skin color.

Finally, last time I ended my post saying Garret should shut the fuck up on the subject. Well, now you should.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:16 pm

zeke5123 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:13 pm
First, can we ban this asshole? He doubles down on politics to the point of stupidly claiming ALL racists are on one side of the political spectrum. Really? All racists?
Indeed. See my response above. But let's move on before the forced vacations pile up.

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:32 pm

stinger8 wrote:
First of all I never said he did say it I suggested it was possible given Rudolph's political leanings. In the excited stats of america there are only 2 choices (unfortunate) and I know which side harbors all the racists, that is indisputable.
Anyone who believes the above is as mindless and hateful of a loser as the people they're disparaging.

There's a lot of ignorant, disgusting crap said on this board as a joke or to troll someone. But, unfortunately, it appears you're not pretending and that is actually who you are. And to be the most ignorant POS on this board is quite the fucking accomplishment.

Perhaps on your upcoming vacation you will reflect on how you're actually part of the problem, and attitudes and words like yours are a major contribution to driving a bigger wedge in this country. You don't even appear to realize how racist the comments you've made are.

And I didn't vote for Trump, or Hillary. There was actually a third (and fourth) choice. But I do imagine a lot of people who aren't remotely racist pulled the lever for Trump as a giant middle finger to you and people like you who have made identity politics their religion.

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:35 pm

zeke5123 wrote:
....Second, acting like a hooligan because bad shit happened...

WTF?!?? What the hell is your problem with Irish people?

stinger8

Post by stinger8 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:36 pm

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:11 pm
stinger8 wrote:
Stinger, at the risk of being given a vacation by B2B, I'm going to relay an anecdote from personal experience. In 2008, I knocked on doors for Obama in Pittsburgh. Get out the vote action. The doors I knocked on belonged to Democratic Party members. I cannot begin to tell you the filthy shit spewed at me by at-that-time Democratic Party voters in Bloomfield. White working class dudes saying unreal racist stuff. (Maybe I got yelled at by Lynch! :lol: ) Now, maybe these folks switched and became Republicans in 2008. But this was 8 years prior to Trump. EIGHT. Meanwhile, having grown up in Texas, I know many Republicans there that would have been embarrassed and disgusted to hear what I heard. Long story short, having a D next your name or having historically voted as such sure does not mean you are not a racist piece of shit.

So, let's slow the roll on the gross generalizations. Apologize for breaking the rules, B2B, but I thought it worth posting.
Not sure how I broke the rules, the OP is about a guy accusing someone of calling them the N word. How do you debate that without getting into these types of discussions. I will take your other comments with a grain of salt. I understand Texas is evolving however slowly so thats a good thing.

Better late than never :)

stinger8

Post by stinger8 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:40 pm

zeke5123 wrote:
stinger8 wrote:
El Kabong wrote:

Second, acting like a hooligan because bad shit happened to your ancestor in the past is not a productive or reasonable way to behave. That way doesn’t lead to a better outcome for anyway. Excusing behavior because of historical wrongs is not treating black people with agency. It is in fact disgusting. I think the vast majority of black people have the self control not to try to kill someone because their interlocutor uttered the N word.

Third, please explain how in anyway the system has been unfair to Garret. Please. I can’t wait.

Fourth, I’m curious how you know poster’s skin color.

Finally, last time I ended my post saying Garret should shut the fuck up on the subject. Well, now you should.
Hey Zeke there is a show on HBO called Succession. Not sure if you have watched it. They have made the art of the phrase "fuck off"

Zeke this is for you. Enjoy :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ1a1IpzpLI

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:53 pm

stinger8 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:36 pm
stinger8 wrote:

Not sure how I broke the rules, the OP is about a guy accusing someone of calling them the N word. How do you debate that without getting into these types of discussions. I will take your other comments with a grain of salt. I understand Texas is evolving however slowly so thats a good thing.

Texas was Democratic state as late as 1995 when Ann Richards ended her term as governor.

I told you something that doesn't fit your preconceived notions and so you are dismissing it. Shocker.

zeke5123

Post by zeke5123 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:18 pm

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:16 pm
zeke5123 wrote:
Indeed. See my response above. But let's move on before the forced vacations pile up.
You’re right. We should move on. I just think it’s better if keep politics out. We can talk about this topic without bringing up Rudolph’s political beliefs.

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:36 pm

We live in a world of phony apologies and expediency. Look at what's going on what this Astros bullshit.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Nietzsche

VASteelerGuy

Post by VASteelerGuy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:42 pm

Pouncey appears to be standing almost over Mason and Myles while the helmet issue is occurring. IF Mason had uttered something racial in the heat of the moment, I can't imagine it would have been muffled. Pouncey would have surely heard something and regardless of being a teammate, he would have reacted.

AirRescueFF

Post by AirRescueFF » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:54 pm

https://www.pennlive.com/steelers/2020/ ... -slur.html

Rudolph’s lawyer and agent, Tim Younger, responded and said Garrett has uttered a “defamatory statement” and “is now exposed to legal liability.”

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:59 pm

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
This is why I think he's an ass. The shit is over. He was re-instated. No need to bring it up again and dig in your heals. Whether it was said or not is irrelevant at this point. He's sadly mistaken if he thinks this is a good PR move. It just makes him look like a vindictive hypocrite. Unfortunately that is also, in todays current society, acceptable.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

AirRescueFF

Post by AirRescueFF » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:23 pm

CORE-TEN wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:59 pm
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
This is why I think he's an ass. The shit is over. He was re-instated. No need to bring it up again and dig in your heals. Whether it was said or not is irrelevant at this point. He's sadly mistaken if he thinks this is a good PR move. It just makes him look like a vindictive hypocrite. Unfortunately that is also, in todays current society, acceptable.

Good point.

That's why if he's gonna double down and publicly accuse again, either pony up evidence, or drop it. If not, he's just playing the role of revenge through the media using unproven accusations. Valid or not, it is a losing hand if they are empty.

Conversely, if somehow something of real substance does appear, well....good luck with that, Mason. Especially after all the statements he, Younger, and Tomlin made today.

stinger8

Post by stinger8 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:37 pm

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:53 pm
stinger8 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:36 pm

Texas was Democratic state as late as 1995 when Ann Richards ended her term as governor.

I told you something that doesn't fit your preconceived notions and so you are dismissing it. Shocker.
Dude that was 25 years ago, like that is some great accomplishment :lol:

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:55 am

VASteelerGuy wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:42 pm
Pouncey appears to be standing almost over Mason and Myles while the helmet issue is occurring. IF Mason had uttered something racial in the heat of the moment, I can't imagine it would have been muffled. Pouncey would have surely heard something and regardless of being a teammate, he would have reacted.
Hell yes he would have reacted. I bet Pouncey would have started kicking Rudolph in the head instead of that moron. Rudolph going after him legally would probably be the best course of action but I'd rather they took care of it on the field. Shame this isn't hockey.
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:18 am

stinger8 wrote:
El Kabong wrote:
stinger8 wrote:

Yes, there are a lot of racists in the US, and yes, the US has a horrible history of racism, none of which proves that Rudolph is racist or that he would say such a thing.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

Post by 955876 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:20 am

Yes, there are a lot of racists in the world, and yes, the world has a horrible history of racism
Fixed it for you.

The United States seems to be the sole target of racist accusations.

There is far more accusations of racism than actually takes place in this country.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Locked Previous topicNext topic