25th Amendment and Pence as President

Discussions. Still no racial epithets or political campaigning. Don’t bring any of this back to the sports boards. What’s said in FFA, stays in FFA.
jebrick

Re: 25th Amendment and Pence as President

Post by jebrick » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:33 pm

blu wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:27 pm
jebrick wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:12 pm
The GOP has found their own identity politics( white grievance) and they seem to like it so I do not see either one going away anytime soon.
If the Republicans want to survive in suburban America, they will have to choose the Liz Cheney wing over the Trump/Greene's. Even in a secret ballot last night too many chose the latter in the GOP congressional vote for Liz Cheney. There are many respectable Republicans - that is, if they haven't all burned their GOP cards yet. The craziness is just pushing more Democrats to show up to vote along with raising more cash & more Republicans to stay away. The Proud Boys contingent don't vote anyway.
This is the battle for the GOP that will play out over the next years. It seems to me that the party is trying to thread the needle, neither distancing themselves from Trump nor embarrassing him openly, in an effort to reap all the benefits of Trumpian politics without the pitfalls of Trump himself. The notion that support for Trump is somehow a fringe ideology or doesn’t represent the broader GOP doesn’t bear out. And, to me, MTG represents the “Trumpian with Trump” part of the equation that the GOP may be trying to tamp down without fully censuring her.

“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:26 am

jebrick wrote:
The GOP has found their own identity politics( white grievance) and they seem to like it so I do not see either one going away anytime soon.
Yeah....not sure rejecting identity politics = embracing white grievance. That sounds like a Don Lemon talking point.

Although I can see how a lot of poor, uneducated white people would reject the "privilege" argument. And I'm not sure how that automatically equates to "racist" outside of political agendas.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:35 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:26 am
jebrick wrote:
Yeah....not sure rejecting identity politics = embracing white grievance. That sounds like a Don Lemon talking point.

Although I can see how a lot of poor, uneducated white people would reject the "privilege" argument. And I'm not sure how that automatically equates to "racist" outside of political agendas.
Not saying racist. It is the same as the Dems playing identity politics with people of color. Trump ran on fear for the white woman that "they" were coming to the suburbs and the white women were in danger. Many GOP nominees ran on this notion. It is why you can get a video of a senor citizen yelling white power at The Villages while driving around in his golf cart. You can keep thinking the GOP wants to run on the Jack Kemp platforms but their rhetoric and actions do not match it.
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

SteelPro

Post by SteelPro » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:48 pm

I’m not sure if I would classify “white grievances” as identity politics. I don’t think being white and aggrieved is something the GOP has cornered, although that has somewhat fueled the populist movement and trumpism. But I don’t think those groups overwhelmingly skew Republican with 80%+ support like some demographics that skew Democrat. I think a better case for calling out identity politics within the GOP is evangelicals.
People who quote themselves look like dogs who lick their balls

- Deebo referring to SteelerDayTrader

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:04 pm

SteelPro wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:48 pm
I’m not sure if I would classify “white grievances” as identity politics. I don’t think being white and aggrieved is something the GOP has cornered, although that has somewhat fueled the populist movement and trumpism. But I don’t think those groups overwhelmingly skew Republican with 80%+ support like some demographics that skew Democrat. I think a better case for calling out identity politics within the GOP is evangelicals.
Populism and identity politics don't need to be same species and are not. But they belong to the same GENUS and that's the problem: both pit groups against each other and both appeal to grievance and being treated unfairly. A politics of unification is harder, but healthier. So when libertarians say let's concentrate on and have a rhetoric about focusing on better training for violent encounters for police rather than racism, they are 100% right. Because better police training will help cut down on minority deaths and not hyping up racism will not start a cultural flame war. It's not hard. Unless you're a politician in a gerrymandered district that has every incentive in the world to embrace a politics of division.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:13 pm

This one's for you to appreciate, KC :lol:

“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

blu

Post by blu » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:29 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:13 pm
This one's for you to appreciate, KC :lol:

You missed that the majority are deadbeats & income tax none-payers (according to the Washington Post research of the 200+ already arrested). Some wearing Blue Lives Matter shirts but badly beating the police. When Hillary used the term deplorables years earlier, she had no idea how deplorable. Those Trump followers who attacked the Capitol - find yourself another country to be part of & take him with you & don't come north. Canada has already officially designated the Proud Boys as terrorists.
Last edited by blu on Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 955876 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:24 pm

I wonder what Canada would do if 20,000 migrants from Central America was knocking on their door.

I bet Trudeau would just let them right in.

We know your country wouldn’t.

I wonder how many deadbeat, non tax paying, business destroying, anarchist scum populate the ranks of BLM & Antifa. Never seen a peep out of you over that. I’m sure Canada would be ok with those cocksuckers burning down and looting business in Vancouver.

Yet you sit on your pedestal Blu and decry others that don’t support such liberal policy or those groups.

Don’t support liberal policy = not even worthy of being in the country any longer. Got it.

I served this country. I’ve seen my brothers die serving this country. Fuck you if you think I don’t belong in this country because I don’t agree with liberal policy.

What a crock of shit. Thought you were better than that.

Obviously not.

You come off sounding like tiny minded KC with that post Blu.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

blu

Post by blu » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:07 pm

955876 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:24 pm
Yet you sit on your pedestal Blu and decry others that don’t support such liberal policy or those groups.
Don’t support liberal policy = not even worthy of being in the country any longer. Got it.
I served this country. I’ve seen my brothers die serving this country. Fuck you if you think I don’t belong in this country because I don’t agree with liberal policy.
What a crock of shit. Thought you were better than that.
Obviously not.
You come off sounding like tiny minded KC with that post Blu.
95, I'm pretty sure that you served the country very honourably & my comments were directed just to those who attacked the Capitol building & the D. C. police. The people who went to the Washington rally & who marched without attacking - you may have done that if you were there. But I don't believe for a second that you would have engaged in the violence or would chant hang Mike Pence or yell kill Nancy Pelosi or attack the Capitol. Those were all lowlifes & you are very far from being that.

I see nothing wrong with being Republican &/or being very conservative. How do you think John McCain would have reacted to the attack on the Capitol? He was a strong conservative & he was tortured by the enemy & saw his men die serving the country. There is no place in the daylight for those who attack politicians, attack police & promote racist ideologies. John McCain stopped a speech to reprimand a supporter who called Obama a Muslim.

From everything that you have posted - I don't believe that you are good with any of that. I commend you for serving the country & as I posted earlier - I respect your opinion & if you have lost respect for me for what I have typed - so be it but I still respect you. I should not have stated all Trump supporters should go - I meant just the ones who followed his words to attack the Capitol. You may have the t-shirt 'Blue Lives Matter' & that's fine with me but not if you are the one attacking the police & storming the Capitol. Meanwhile, KC may be less polite than me but after reading his posts for decades - I hardly see him as tiny-minded.

blu

Post by blu » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:19 pm

95, I corrected my above post that you reacted to specify Trump followers - who attacked the Capitol. I appreciate your post castigating me as I never meant right-wing conservatives.

Post by 955876 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:28 pm

Well thank you for the clarification.

What happened at the capital is widely condemned. And no I would not have been there storming anything. I have great disdain for those idiots over the damage they’ve caused. And I’m not referring to broken windows at the capital.

There are millions of folks in this country who simply don’t agree with the policies coming from the left.

Trump, with all his warts stood up to those policies.

I mean, Canada has very specific immigration laws. Canada in no way partakes in such ridiculous policy as “catch & release”. And now with Biden in control catch and release has morphed into “even if you are here illegally and commit assault, rape, theft, money laundering, fraud, identity theft, dui, drug trafficking etc etc we still aren’t going to give you the boot”.

Nice. And to who’s benefit is that?

That seems like a real good policy for us Americans doesn’t it?

You don’t deal with such nonsense in your country yet we get called vile racist for wanting the same immigration standards as say our neighbor to the north.

I’m also sure the thousands immediately sent to the unemployment line the moment Biden’s ass hit the seat in the WH are living their new POTUS as well. Like killing those pipeline jobs somehow just made the world cleaner. Meanwhile over in Europe, the Biden’s are ok profiting off energy deals. How convenient.
Trumps followers - find yourself another country to be part of
See how offensive that comes off as?? I can dislike Trump personally while recognizing he at least governed for Americans.

All I’ve seen Biden do this far is put Americans out of work while sending taxpayer dollars overseas.

Maybe year two he will focus on “we the people”

I do appreciate and respect your Mea Culpa.

I attacked you harshly because your comments painted a large group of people with the tiny tiny brush that covers the capital rioters.

We are good. Thank you.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:18 pm

Offensive only if you're a Trump follower. Didn't you vote for him just for taxes and hardline immigration policies? It's not like you're one of these looney state GOP functionaries that worships him. Trump literally has followers. It's weird.

Post by 955876 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:26 pm

I could make the argument the entire Democratic Party at present has “followers” which I think is also very weird.

Many people would be very hard pressed to actually voice (in their own words) the reasons why they support many of the policies and executive actions being taken by the new admin.

I think that is weird.

I can hold my nose and vote for Trump because he aligns with my views from a policy standpoint.

Seems so many dem voters vote the D with zero regard to actual policy.

And like clockwork so much of what he’s made a priority is based on idealism rather than sound policy that helps Americans right now.

I can give numerous examples but don’t wish to debate as I’m not changing any minds in this thread.

Post by 955876 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:31 pm

Offensive only if you're a Trump follower.
Explain how one can not be a “Trump follower” if they are vehemently against much of the shit Biden is already engaging in?

What other option is out there?

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:54 pm

955876 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:31 pm
Offensive only if you're a Trump follower.
Explain how one can not be a “Trump follower” if they are vehemently against much of the shit Biden is already engaging in?

What other option is out there?
I mean you do not have some weird worship complex of Trump. A disturbing minority of folks seem literally to worship him. Literally worship him. You don't strike me as the "following" type, but rather a I'm voting for this candidate because her or his policies better fit my wishes type.

Post by 955876 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:04 pm

You are exactly right. I am the furthest from a follower.

And yes, I get your point about “cult like” that you see.

But are dem supporters much different?

Many so blindly vote dem without a single regard for policy.

There was a legal immigrant from Fiji here in CA. He was gunned down by a person (1) in the country illegally and (2) already had multiple DUI charges.

He shot the officer because he was pulled over on Christmas Eve driving drunk once again.

So this legal immigrant who did it the right way, that is out serving his community on a holiday no less gets ruthlessly murder all because some piece of shit who isn’t here legally wanted to avoid a third DUI charge. Nice.

He left a young wife and son behind. I bet the piece of shit who murdered the sheriff will be out of jail before that boy gets out of high school.

And now that Biden is in charge scum such as this not only have a welcome mat rolled out but now also know once here, they won’t be sent back even if they commit crimes while here.

A policy such as that wreaks of political agenda with no visible or viable benefit to the tax paying citizens.

Now tell me millions of people voted for that policy and not simply for the Dem candidate.

Canada certainly doesn’t allow that type of bullshit but they’ll finger their nose at conservative “racist” that simply want a border and immigration policy similar to our neighbor up north.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:07 pm

955876 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:04 pm
You are exactly right. I am the furthest from a follower.

And yes, I get your point about “cult like” that you see.

But are dem supporters much different?

Many so blindly vote dem without a single regard for policy.

There was a legal immigrant from Fiji here in CA. He was gunned down by a person (1) in the country illegally and (2) already had multiple DUI charges.

He shot the officer because he was pulled over on Christmas Eve driving drunk once again.

So this legal immigrant who did it the right way, that is out serving his community on a holiday no less gets ruthlessly murder all because some piece of shit who isn’t here legally wanted to avoid a third DUI charge. Nice.

He left a young wife and son behind. I bet the piece of shit who murdered the sheriff will be out of jail before that boy gets out of high school.

And now that Biden is in charge scum such as this not only have a welcome mat rolled out but now also know once here, they won’t be sent back even if they commit crimes while here.

A policy such as that wreaks of political agenda with no visible or viable benefit to the tax paying citizens.

Now tell me millions of people voted for that policy and not simply for the Dem candidate.

Canada certainly doesn’t allow that type of bullshit but they’ll finger their nose at conservative “racist” that simply want a border and immigration policy similar to our neighbor up north.
What I'm talking about is not lazy voters who are just tribal and vote D or R because they always have without thought. I'm talking about being attracted to a guy like he's a fucking cult leader. That's what I mean when I say Trump has followers.

Bernie probably had a bit of that mojo going, yes, but not like Trump. The QAnon shit and religious right stuff where Trump is seen as an instrument of God is just....well, you know what it is.

blu

Post by blu » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:20 pm

955876 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:26 pm
Seems so many dem voters vote the D with zero regard to actual policy.
I wouldn't say that's totally true as many (dems) didn't like Hillary which gave Trump the space to slither through. This time around Trump may have lost due to Republicans (possibly the women) who like you may have agreed with many of Trump's policies but unlike you - could not get over his lack of integrity & could not stand the sight of him. Meanwhile, despite your little regard of Joe Biden - the man is hardly extreme left.

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:38 pm

I am a Democrat, I served in the Army 5 years, and more importantly I know Beer Hall Putsch shenanigans when I see them.

If you are an R or a D you should be very concerned that we are on the precipice of having an authoritarian dictator installed for life. Antisemitism and white supremacy is at the heart of all this either due to intense hatred or due to it being a great tool to attain power.

They eventually come together in the same arena and become uncontrollable when the power position is finally obtained. If Trump runs again in 4 years there is no telling what will happen. All of his experience gained in the first go round will be taken to cut throat Reichstag fire levels. This is not hyperbole! It will take some Republican somewhere to stand up and put a wrench in Trump’s works, or else we may face a dire election cycle in 4 years, and the scenario painted above.

I am a Democrat because I know the pull thyself up by the bootstraps is a bunch of horse manure. The bootstraps have to be funded by big government or big corporations, or the people at the bottom of the pyramid will be in a cycle of debt to pay off the training and education which is all pulling yourself up by the bootstraps means. Not everyone can go to the military. Not everyone is cut out for the military. That was my bootstrap. Not everyone can go to college, and not everyone is cut out for college. College was another bootstrap. Trade schools or serious on the job training is what is seriously under utilized and under funded in this country. That is a bootstrap as well.

The majority of Republicans are against all this type of funding and social net programs. That is why I am a D. The rich have the mechanisms to collect wealth; always have and always will. Grab a portion of the wealth at the top and send it to the bottom of the pyramid, or better yet in a chicken or egg scenario, prevent too much from getting to the top in the first place. The bottom of the pyramid is where all the people are and all the bootstrap programs are needed...when they get the money it just goes back up and hits all the aforementioned wealth mechanisms onbthe way back up the pyramid....it is win win.

Are there problems with too many taxes? You bet. NYC Metro area, DC metro area, LA and Silicon Valley...taxes are insane, and when you throw punitive taxes on top...DUIs, speeding tickets, fines etc you are talking billions and billions of dollars going to fund who knows what.

When everyone uses bootstrap programs and doesn’t have a vicious debt cycle afterwards, then all income and taxable income levels are raised as in a tide that raises all boats.

Immigration...not one party is serious about immigration. Ds want the votes, Rs want the labor.

Set quotas and enforce them. It is a complicated issue though. We benefit from smart people coming here. We also create problems elsewhere when there are brain drains and nobody is left in other countries to fix the problems in the immigrants’ homelands.

If any party was serious about immigration they would have done something 2008, 2016 and on and on.

The immigration problem is also not as big as everyone wants to make it out to be, nor is it a big bogeyman. Flip the war on drugs to the war on poverty and most of the immigration problems would go away.

Post by 955876 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:50 pm

He may not have been far left but at this point in his life/career he is but a figure head doing the bidding of others.

And regardless what you want to label the man, his policy actions and choices will speak for themselves.

And thus far, he’s making it loud and clear the working people of this country are not his top priority.

Who was he appeasing exactly when he killed all those pipeline jobs?

A project that puts millions of dollars into the states coffers used for schools, fire, police, infrastructure, and welfare benefits.

Gone to appease who? Those Hollywood elites that decry the pipeline while flying off to some location in their private jet?

Meanwhile, folks in those parts of the country are unemployed with few prospects.

But but but he said he’s going to create new green jobs for them. Mmmmkaaay. When they coming and where will they be coming to?

Also, seems most have zero clue how much fossil fuel it takes to create all this green energy.

In other words, he killed thousands of good lying US jobs while having no current viable aountion for those people all to appease the climate folks.

Nevermind a pipeline is much more climate friendly than transport by rail, truck etc.

Also nevermind that making America less energy independent only creates a sitariion where we must import. And likely do so from places not so friendly to us.

And also nevermind that the US is among the let’s call it “cleanest” in terms of how we pull fossils from the ground etc.

So if American oil and gas isn’t being produced and exported around the world that void will be filled by the Russians, the Saudis, the Middle East etc.

All places who’s processes are not as clean as ours.

While moving to green is a noble cause and something the world must work toward, it is FAR from something you can just flip a switch and have.

And yet he flipped a switch to kill thousands of jobs and decimate the local economy in already troubled parts of the country.

I ask again why? Who was he serving when literally one of his first actions is to kill those jobs.

Dunno bout you but i feel better about my oil & gas coming from Texas, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Montana etc than I do the Persian Gulf or Russia.

I wonder how much lil Hunter pushed for green energy and shutting down pipelines when he sat on the board of a Ukrainian energy company.

Prolly not much.

Post by 955876 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:08 am

Are there problems with too many taxes? You bet. NYC Metro area, DC metro area, LA and Silicon Valley...taxes are insane, and when you throw punitive taxes on top...DUIs, speeding tickets, fines etc you are talking billions and billions of dollars going to fund who knows what.
I’ll give you an example of “who knows what”.

In San Francisco, taxpayers foot the bill to provide drug addicts with free needles. But then, the druggies who receive these free needles dispose of them carelessly in part because they know there are plenty more to be handed out.

So they dispose of them dangerously on the streets. Then taxpayer gets to step in and fund a second program to go around cleaning up all those disgusting needles.

But that isn’t enough, there is yet another program to go around and pick up all the human feces now littering the streets of SF. Quite the liberal utopia it has devolved into.

And if you don’t have a job in SF no worries. The city has made it no longer a crime to steal as long as you keep your theft to under a $1,000. Now SF has the highest rates of smash & grab in country.

But that is all small potatoes. The best was swindling there voters to approve a bullet train from SF to La. sounds nice and all but in reality solves no congestion issues. All the heavy traffic occurs around those metro areas getting into them. All the while stretch of highway between SF and LA is a straight shot and really easily travelled free of any traffic till you get over the grapevine going south or into Bay Area going north. So kind of pointless. But got voted in nonetheless.

But then, the state comes out and says oh we’ve already blown through the budget, are years and years and years behind and oh by the way, won’t be able to finish the project. So we are shifting gears and now going to just put a bullet train between Merced and Bakersfield. Ummmm but....

1) that wasn’t what was presented to the voters and (2) is totally useless as that stretch of road only has Fresno as the biggest city and unless passing through in morning or evening rush hour one can blow through there with ease.

Thus far something I believe they’ve spent like $80 billion or some shit with next to no tangible results.

California also sent out something like $30 million of Covid relief to folks in prison etc.

Somehow just slipped through the cracks.

Taxpayer dollars to the liberals that run this state is treated with about as much respect as the TP I just wiped my dirty ass with.
Last edited by 955876 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 955876 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:19 am

The immigration problem is also not as big as everyone wants to make it out to be,
I agree. We don’t have an immigration problem in this country.

What we do have however is a HUGE fucking illegal immigration problem in this country.

You can’t openly have a “catch & release” policy where failure to show for your immigration hearing has zero consequences all the while shielding the offenders under “sanctuary” policies that most certainly were not voted on.

Making matters worse, this new administration came out on day 1 and said if you are here illegally you still won’t be removed even if committing crimes such as theft, assault, rape, money laundering, fraud, identity theft etc etc.

So the world has been informed that as long as you can sneak into this country you can

1) jump to head of the line and stay even though thousands are trying to immigrate here legally.

2) receive free medical, dental, shelter, food, clothing, schooling, and the ability to vote (SF already allows illegals to vote in city elections)

3) able to drive but don’t need a drivers license.

4) commit crimes while here.

5) be safe from deportation even if you commit those crimes.

You think those bright shining lights aren’t going to attract many more caravans?? There is already a huge spike in illegal border crossing and “No Mularkey” Joe hasn’t even been on the seen a month yet.

Question since you don’t think it’s a problem. At what point are the systems and resources so taxed that we can no longer sustain this financially?

Do you close the border then??

Not likely when it’s easier to call out those tired of such bullshit as being racist and then simply steal more money from their paycheck to cover it.

Sounds like a well thought out plan. Only problem is I can’t think who this possibly benefits aside from those breaking the law and the liberal elite pandering for votes.

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:24 am

You cocksure wokesters are sure bright and sooper informed:

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/loc ... cd4ead3d04

In other words, it is far more certain that the unarmed woman in the Capitol riots was killed by a police officer than George Floyd.

And no charges were filed.

BUT IT IS MURDER THE WORST MURDER EVER WORSE THAN THE VEGAS SHOOTER OR STALIN OR ANY MARXIST LOOK AT ME IM ONE OF THE GOOD WHITES!

OOH OOH maybe if I shout the popular opinion REALLY LOUD I can sit at the KOOL KIDS table and maybe Regina George will give me a blowjob.

No she won't you're a dork an a spaz.

Related to the above post, you can come to New York from Mexico without a COVID (or TB) test but not from Florida.

Why are we even a country at this point?

I'm OK with killing nationalism if I don't have to pay federal taxes.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Nietzsche

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:14 pm

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:24 am
In other words, it is far more certain that the unarmed woman in the Capitol riots was killed by a police officer than George Floyd.
I'm responding neither to agree nor disagree, but to point out that the CONTEXT of the two killings was, shall we say, DIFFERENT. Does that matter?

The woman and Floyd were both unarmed and both killed by cops. Do the similarities begin or end there? That is not to say this woman should have been killed, either.

Whataboutism. Keeping us from looking in the mirror since 2,800 BC. :lol:

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:29 pm

"We are now finally witnessing the logical fruition of their radical utopia: Censorship, electronic surveillance, internal spying, monopolies, cartels, conspiracy theories, weaponization of the intelligence agencies, pouring billions of dollars into campaigns, changing voting laws by fiat, a woke revolutionary military, book banning, bleeding the First Amendment, canceling careers, blacklisting, separate-but-equal racial segregation and separatism...The revolutionary animals are now running the farm in a way that would be nightmarish even to Farmer Jones."

Victor Davis Hanson

At some point one needs to stop talking about illiberalism and start actively fighting against it. Gina Carano is unemployed and Josh Whedon isn't.

The context of the killings were also different because in one case the perp was on drugs and literally taking them during an arrest and physically fighting with cops and in the other case the perp was climbing through a broken window and not fighting a cop.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Nietzsche

blu

Post by blu » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:01 pm

Last edited by blu on Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:32 pm

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:29 pm
"We are now finally witnessing the logical fruition of their radical utopia: Censorship, electronic surveillance, internal spying, monopolies, cartels, conspiracy theories, weaponization of the intelligence agencies, pouring billions of dollars into campaigns, changing voting laws by fiat, a woke revolutionary military, book banning, bleeding the First Amendment, canceling careers, blacklisting, separate-but-equal racial segregation and separatism...The revolutionary animals are now running the farm in a way that would be nightmarish even to Farmer Jones."

Victor Davis Hanson

At some point one needs to stop talking about illiberalism and start actively fighting against it. Gina Carano is unemployed and Josh Whedon isn't.

The context of the killings were also different because in one case the perp was on drugs and literally taking them during an arrest and physically fighting with cops and in the other case the perp was climbing through a broken window and not fighting a cop.
By crawling through a window, you mean participating in an insurrection against the Congress, yes?

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:36 am

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:29 pm

Victor Davis Hanson

Are you seriously as fucking stupid as you seem, or is it an act?
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:37 am

955876 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:19 am
The immigration problem is also not as big as everyone wants to make it out to be,
I agree. We don’t have an immigration problem in this country.

What we do have however is a HUGE fucking illegal immigration problem in this country.

You can’t openly have a “catch & release” policy where failure to show for your immigration hearing has zero consequences all the while shielding the offenders under “sanctuary” policies that most certainly were not voted on.

Making matters worse, this new administration came out on day 1 and said if you are here illegally you still won’t be removed even if committing crimes such as theft, assault, rape, money laundering, fraud, identity theft etc etc.

So the world has been informed that as long as you can sneak into this country you can

1) jump to head of the line and stay even though thousands are trying to immigrate here legally.

2) receive free medical, dental, shelter, food, clothing, schooling, and the ability to vote (SF already allows illegals to vote in city elections)

3) able to drive but don’t need a drivers license.

4) commit crimes while here.

5) be safe from deportation even if you commit those crimes.

You think those bright shining lights aren’t going to attract many more caravans?? There is already a huge spike in illegal border crossing and “No Mularkey” Joe hasn’t even been on the seen a month yet.

Question since you don’t think it’s a problem. At what point are the systems and resources so taxed that we can no longer sustain this financially?

Do you close the border then??

Not likely when it’s easier to call out those tired of such bullshit as being racist and then simply steal more money from their paycheck to cover it.

Sounds like a well thought out plan. Only problem is I can’t think who this possibly benefits aside from those breaking the law and the liberal elite pandering for votes.
I love how pissed off this Trumptard is.

:lol:

This is so beautiful!!

....and he believes Hunter Biden is behind it all.

:lol:
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:49 pm

Speaking of illiberalism, I may cancel my subscription to the NYT over its firing of Donald McNeil (and, wow, Donald, did you really have to practically thank the Times for treating you so unfairly? good lord, man) and apparent shelving of Brett Stephens' critical response. Apparently the under 35 looney Woke Brown Shirts run the paper, now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic