Steelers got 3 first round talents in draft??

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
stillthere

Steelers got 3 first round talents in draft??

Post by stillthere » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:25 pm

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/redr ... ith-lions/

According to CBS the Steelers got 3 guys that would go in the first round if they did a redraft of 2020.
Redrafting the 2020 NFL Draft: Justin Herbert picked by Bengals, Justin Jefferson lands with Lions
What would the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft look like if it happened today?
Chris Trapasso
By Chris Trapasso
Feb 11, 2021
They had Claypool gong to Denver with the 15th pick
Highsmith going to Minnesota at pick 25
Dotson next at pick 26 to Miami from Houston.

If the Steelers can replicate this kind of scouting in 2021 the turnaround could really quick in the post Ben era as far as having a competitive team that is just a QB away while getting a lot younger really quickly. Then you you can go draft or free agent or both at QB until the right guy is found.

Game film and pro days will be more important than the combine info this year. I wonder if it will be harder to find a gem like Dotson this year or easier. They say he would of been drafted earlier if he had been at the combine. Which teams have the better film scouts will be crucial this year. Hopefully we find a few more hidden gems.

Highsmith I thought played really well when he played and other than it being really fun watching Bud play on the D I don't think it is worth the 9 or 10 million (minimum #'s) more dollars per year it will cost. I think production and cost with Bud and Alex you can afford to go with Highsmith. The team would be better for the next at least 2 years with Dupree over Highsmith but I think they will be better for a longer period with Highsmith.

Claypool ended up returning big dividends and upon redraft is a top 15 pick.

Safety Kamren Curl that Washington got in the 7th round got jumped up to the 27th pick. That is some flying up the charts shit right there.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:06 pm

stillthere wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:25 pm

According to CBS the Steelers got 3 guys that would go in the first round if they did a redraft of 2020.
Redrafting the 2020 NFL Draft: Justin Herbert picked by Bengals, Justin Jefferson lands with Lions
What would the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft look like if it happened today?
Chris Trapasso
By Chris Trapasso
Feb 11, 2021

If the Steelers can replicate this kind of scouting in 2021 the turnaround could really quick in the post Ben era as far as having a competitive team that is just a QB away while getting a lot younger really quickly. Then you you can go draft or free agent or both at QB until the right guy is found.

Game film and pro days will be more important than the combine info this year. I wonder if it will be harder to find a gem like Dotson this year or easier. They say he would of been drafted earlier if he had been at the combine. Which teams have the better film scouts will be crucial this year. Hopefully we find a few more hidden gems.

Highsmith I thought played really well when he played and other than it being really fun watching Bud play on the D I don't think it is worth the 9 or 10 million (minimum #'s) more dollars per year it will cost. I think production and cost with Bud and Alex you can afford to go with Highsmith. The team would be better for the next at least 2 years with Dupree over Highsmith but I think they will be better for a longer period with Highsmith.

Safety Kamren Curl that Washington got in the 7th round got jumped up to the 27th pick. That is some flying up the charts shit right there.
I like Highsmith and all, but picking Dotson third out of those three is insanity. He might be the best and most valuable when it's all said and done.
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3× 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

Greeksteel

Post by Greeksteel » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:21 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:06 pm
stillthere wrote:

Chris Trapasso
By Chris Trapasso
Feb 11, 2021

I like Highsmith and all, but picking Dotson third out of those three is insanity. He might be the best and most valuable when it's all said and done.

And yet he was the only one of the 3 not to start vs the browns in the wc game.

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:43 am

“We do what we do”, Greek.
“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

Greeksteel

Post by Greeksteel » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:30 am

Orangesteel wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:43 am
lol yup

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:28 am

Greeksteel wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:30 am
Orangesteel wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:43 am
lol yup
Better to have just been Tomlin’d in one game rather than have been Tomlin’d and Brady’d in the game .

Mick

Post by Mick » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:57 pm

I still think our 1st rounder was a great pick as well, so i’d claim 4.

Charles Demarr

Post by Charles Demarr » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:22 pm

Greeksteel wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:21 pm
bradshaw2ben wrote:
stillthere wrote:

Especially after he was rag-dolling Myles Garrett the week before. Seriously one of the dumbest decisions all year. I really thought it was a joke when Decastro mentioned earlier in the week that Feiler was starting.

This team makes me drink.

chippedhamsandwich

Post by chippedhamsandwich » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:03 pm

Tomlin’s GUT sensed that Dotson was about to hit the “Rookie Wall” if he played in that playoff game.

Good thing we held him out, I heard a report that it actually happened the following week after being eliminated eating Wings from Quaker Steak and Lube.

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:00 pm

Mick wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:57 pm
I still think our 1st rounder was a great pick as well, so i’d claim 4.
I am with you on this. Minkah is the first round pick and the others fell where they did. For this exercise you could not in theory draft Minkah in the 2020 draft.

Post by 955876 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:04 pm

Talent alone only gets you so far when your opponent has equal or similar talent.

I’ll take the superior game plan and finely drilled team over the team with better talent but subpar plan & prep.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:27 pm

955876 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:04 pm
Talent alone only gets you so far when your opponent has equal or similar talent.

I’ll take the superior game plan and finely drilled team over the team with better talent but subpar plan & prep.
That is all well and good but getting guys that are now looked upon as first round talent in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds is a small coup. Looking forward to us repeating that success this upcoming draft.

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:23 pm

If we're going to make one more run, Colbert has to come up just as big this year.
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

blu

Post by blu » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:24 pm

955876 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:04 pm

It's like a classic early 70's Steelers draft. Too bad, our coaching isn't comparable.

Jizz Mop

Post by Jizz Mop » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:31 pm

RemoAZ wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:23 pm
If we're going to make one more run, Colbert has to come up just as big this year.
And load up the team w talent only to see it pissed away by yet another Aviator’s clogged toilet coaching job.

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:58 am

Jizz Mop wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:31 pm
RemoAZ wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:23 pm
And load up the team w talent only to see it pissed away by yet another Aviator’s clogged toilet coaching job.
Yeah but we might have another non-losing season!
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

Obviously

Post by Obviously » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:26 pm

Greeksteel wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:21 pm
bradshaw2ben wrote:
stillthere wrote:

Because Tomlin.
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#FireTomlin
#Obviously

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic