Post by jeemie » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:43 pm

anpsteel wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:43 pm
DP39 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:40 pm
anpsteel wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:32 pm

Don't be angry because you're wrong

And don't misunderstand; I think Rudolph sucks, but I'm equally clear Wentz does too.
Wentz has proven he CAN be a top QB. The question remains if he can be again. I think Reich gives him the best chance to do that. He's going into a perfect situation, imo.
We've watched a different Carson Wentz.

He's mediocre at best.
He was not mediocre in 2017.

And in 2019 he carried a really shitty offense to the playoffs almost by himself.

This year was bad, and he developed an ego problem.

But he’s been pretty good outside of this season.
“Yeah we suck, be there is a chance we could suck slightly more if we try to correct the problem.” - Art Deuce (summarized by SteelPerch)

Thrillsseeker

Post by Thrillsseeker » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:31 pm

anpsteel wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:16 pm
Ice wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:00 pm
Hyperbole alert... Wentz has actually done something in his career. It might be slightly dusty good tape, but it's 10x the good tape of Rudolph and Dobbs combined. They are not NFL starters, and never have been.
Wentz
comp att % yds avg td int lng rt
251 437 57.4 2,620 6.0 16 15 59 72.8
That's last season

Career
1562 2492 62.7 16,811 6.7 113 50 73 89.2

Rudolph / Career
201 326 61.7 2,089 6.4 15 10 76 82.7

So much for the hyperbole
No he’s right its hyperbole at its finest.

Judging Wentz on this past season with prob one of the worst O-lines in the league and his surrounding cast? Lunacy. Reich helped him. He knows what he has. If Wentz can stay healthy he’ll replicate some of his better years. Our backups can’t hold Wentz’s jockstrap.
Attachments
D0E37D85-8A08-4089-9660-96848C616E79.jpeg
D0E37D85-8A08-4089-9660-96848C616E79.jpeg (212.76 KiB) Viewed 1531 times

R_S

Post by R_S » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:09 am

Thrillsseeker wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:31 pm
anpsteel wrote:
Ice wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:00 pm
Hyperbole alert... Wentz has actually done something in his career. It might be slightly dusty good tape, but it's 10x the good tape of Rudolph and Dobbs combined. They are not NFL starters, and never have been.
Wentz
That's last season

Career

Rudolph / Career

Judging Wentz on this past season with prob one of the worst O-lines in the league and his surrounding cast? Lunacy. Reich helped him. He knows what he has. If Wentz can stay healthy he’ll replicate some of his better years. Our backups can’t hold Wentz’s jockstrap.
Wow. Pretty crazy Philly let the guy go after one shitty season. They cant possibly think the guy that played this year is the future, could they?

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:52 am

PennyBacker wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:24 pm

...what little I have watched of Canada’s offensive system, it looks like it could thrive with a player of Mariota’s skill set.

Trubisky's mobility could offer more than Rudolph over an extended period of time in my mind, but were it just for next season Mason might could out play him.
Mariotta was a thought I had the other day as well. He looked really crisp in that game he had to come off the bench when Carr messed his groin up. He has seen both ends of the spectrum from golden child new superstar treatment to being a backup with experience treatment.

I am out on Trubisky but I think he would a physical match for Canada's offense I don't think he is all that great mentally. That whole situation in Chicago and the media narrative has got to be in his head at this point.

Thrillsseeker

Post by Thrillsseeker » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:36 pm

R_S wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:09 am
Thrillsseeker wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:31 pm
anpsteel wrote:

Wentz
That's last season

Career

Rudolph / Career

Wow. Pretty crazy Philly let the guy go after one shitty season. They cant possibly think the guy that played this year is the future, could they?
I don’t know, that entire team sucked last year. I’d actually give the kid a mulligan but not sure he’ll ever “be the guy “ but, I guess come draft we’ll see what the org thinks.

Obviously

Post by Obviously » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:21 am

autopilot wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:22 pm
i would love to see mariotta as a steeler
Well, there's one.
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#FireTomlin
#Obviously

PennyBacker

Post by PennyBacker » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:10 pm

Chicago rivals Cleveland in terms of historically serving as a graveyard for quarterback careers.

Whether it has been bad quarterbacks for that franchise, or it’s a franchise bad for quarterbacks - that’s a chow line to be avoided as a signal caller if possible.

Trubisky’s second season indicates he can play the position some.

He’d have been an interesting addition for the Washington Football Team this off season had they not committed to Taylor Heinicke. They run a gameday program very similar to the Bears.

Depending on how the deal shakes out with #7, Trubisky would be an interesting add for the Steelers in my opinion. He was not ever worthy of being the #2 overall pick, but that does not mean he doesn't have talent and most importantly at this point, experience.

This and other Steelers’ boards which I have read seem fixated on Pittsburgh having to draft its next quarterback. That’s the model from 20+ years ago which is a mirage in my opinion today.

A player like Mitch could be had right now for 2 years at 7-12 million guaranteed, with performance bonuses worked in somehow. For a team which has as many pieces already in place like the Steelers, that could be worth the investment. He’s 29-21 in his career as a starter, although 0-2 in the playoffs.

Teams which have won a Super Bowl without an elite quarterback, or with a quarterback who didn’t play his best game are growing. The Steelers did it in XL, and even in their other SB seasons, Ben had some of his weaker individual years.

The Ravens with Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco, the Broncos with Manning, and the Eagles with Nick Foles also come to mind in terms of teams winning the big one with players who were not exactly at the top of the quarterback stack at the time. 3 of those wins occurred in the last 10 years.

Mariota would be my #1 option to replace Roethlisberger this next season, but his star is probably too bright, and he is likely signing on somewhere to be the starter. And the Steelers sound very content to move forward with Mason in 2021 if necessary.

However, there’s no roster guarantees for 2022 right now. Trubisky is an intriguing buy-low candidate.

Give him a year to learn the system; hand him an opportunity the following year. That would also leave the "draft a franchise guy" window open as well.

And, I’m still onboard with utilizing a multiple quarterback scheme similar to what was done Week 17 against the Browns. Have two guys getting involved, with one guy more of a running threat, but still with arm talent. A player like Kellen Mond (Rd 2-4) or Sam Ehlinger (Rd 4-7) could fit that package.

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:43 pm

god you people are unreal........ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

turbisky ??? mariota ?????....over Ben ?????...most of you shouldnt be allowed to post
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare

🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:17 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:43 pm

turbisky ??? mariota ?????....over Ben ?????...most of you shouldnt be allowed to post
I believe people are interested in low cost options for the future. I personally don't like either Trubisky or Marriota, but looking ahead to a new QB in the very near future is called reality.

Roethlisberger fell off a cliff the last 6 games or so of last season and Ben simply isn't anything resembling a top tier QB anymore.

Being that he's soon going to be 40?

Enjoy Ben's swan song upcoming year.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:30 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:17 pm

Roethlisberger fell off a cliff the last 6 games or so of last season and Ben simply isn't anything resembling a top tier QB anymore.

far from accurate
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare

🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:17 am

PennyBacker wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:10 pm
Chicago rivals Cleveland in terms of historically serving as a graveyard for quarterback careers.

Whether it has been bad quarterbacks for that franchise, or it’s a franchise bad for quarterbacks - that’s a chow line to be avoided as a signal caller if possible.

Trubisky’s second season indicates he can play the position some.

He’d have been an interesting addition for the Washington Football Team this off season had they not committed to Taylor Heinicke. They run a gameday program very similar to the Bears.

Depending on how the deal shakes out with #7, Trubisky would be an interesting add for the Steelers in my opinion. He was not ever worthy of being the #2 overall pick, but that does not mean he doesn't have talent and most importantly at this point, experience.

This and other Steelers’ boards which I have read seem fixated on Pittsburgh having to draft its next quarterback. That’s the model from 20+ years ago which is a mirage in my opinion today.

A player like Mitch could be had right now for 2 years at 7-12 million guaranteed, with performance bonuses worked in somehow. For a team which has as many pieces already in place like the Steelers, that could be worth the investment. He’s 29-21 in his career as a starter, although 0-2 in the playoffs.

Teams which have won a Super Bowl without an elite quarterback, or with a quarterback who didn’t play his best game are growing. The Steelers did it in XL, and even in their other SB seasons, Ben had some of his weaker individual years.

The Ravens with Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco, the Broncos with Manning, and the Eagles with Nick Foles also come to mind in terms of teams winning the big one with players who were not exactly at the top of the quarterback stack at the time. 3 of those wins occurred in the last 10 years.

Mariota would be my #1 option to replace Roethlisberger this next season, but his star is probably too bright, and he is likely signing on somewhere to be the starter. And the Steelers sound very content to move forward with Mason in 2021 if necessary.

However, there’s no roster guarantees for 2022 right now. Trubisky is an intriguing buy-low candidate.

Give him a year to learn the system; hand him an opportunity the following year. That would also leave the "draft a franchise guy" window open as well.

And, I’m still onboard with utilizing a multiple quarterback scheme similar to what was done Week 17 against the Browns. Have two guys getting involved, with one guy more of a running threat, but still with arm talent. A player like Kellen Mond (Rd 2-4) or Sam Ehlinger (Rd 4-7) could fit that package.
What do you mean that the Bears and Redski....er...WFT run the same gameday programs?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:18 am

It's not clear to me whether the collapse of the offense last year was because of Ben or the Oline or a combination of factors. This season will be interesting.
--Voltaire

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:07 am

El Kabong wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:18 am
It's not clear to me whether the collapse of the offense last year was because of Ben or the Oline or a combination of factors. This season will be interesting.
I blame Tomlin.., :mrgreen:
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:09 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:30 pm
K_C_ wrote:

far from accurate
:lol:

Okay.

:lol:
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

PennyBacker

Post by PennyBacker » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:09 pm

El Kabong wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:17 am
What do you mean that the Bears and Redski....er...WFT run the same gameday programs?
One not unlike the Steelers have ran at times in the past.

Find a way to get 20 points on the board, and play suffocating defense.

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:14 am

PennyBacker wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:09 pm
El Kabong wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:17 am
One not unlike the Steelers have ran at times in the past.

Find a way to get 20 points on the board, and play suffocating defense.
Ah, thanks.
--Voltaire

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:16 pm

K_C_ wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:

I believe people are interested in low cost options for the future. I personally don't like either Trubisky or Marriota, but looking ahead to a new QB in the very near future is called reality.

My only question is this: How much is on Ben, and how much is Fitchner/Tomlin failing to adjust to how defenses were adjusting to them.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:50 pm

Pabst wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:16 pm
K_C_ wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:

My only question is this: How much is on Ben, and how much is Fitchner/Tomlin failing to adjust to how defenses were adjusting to them.
Oh, it's not all Ben's fault for sure.

The running game was terrible and the o-line really only pass protected this past season. Not even sure they had any interest in run blocking.

But.....Roethlisberger doesn't move well in the pocket anymore and can't shake or shrug off defenders anymore.

His accuracy isn't what it once was and his deep ball is inconsistent.

Maybe he improves in all those areas next season. I'm not betting it.

Ben's never been a student of the game, I don't expect him to be in great shape going into next season and frankly, I think he already has one foot out the door.

Harvey Woodlawn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic