Diversity

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
User avatar
Texas Black & Gold
Posts: 850
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:32 am
Location: San Antonio, Texas

Diversity

Post by Texas Black & Gold » Wed May 20, 2020 12:05 am

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-new- ... -diversity

The tabled proposals sound interesting. Hire minorities and get higher draft picks.

https://www.steelers.com/news/nfl-passe ... ooney-rule



User avatar
El Kabong
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by El Kabong » Wed May 20, 2020 1:07 am

I am in favor of giving minorities the same opportunities as whites. I'm not sure I'm in favor of better draft picks for hiring minorities, however.

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 727
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Wed May 20, 2020 2:09 am

I'm in favor of taking draft picks away for hiring tired, multireycled retread JAG coaches because you don't have the balls to go find a good one. See Fisher, Jeff or Gase, Adam, among many other historical and current examples. Same for executives. That'll speed the process of getting new blood into the league and dismantling the Old Boy Network.

The Steelers should lose picks for hiring front office staff from North Catholic.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

User avatar
truckstoppornpatron
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:18 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Post by truckstoppornpatron » Wed May 20, 2020 2:15 am

If we're all equal, shouldn't we all have equal opportunity??? This sounds like yet another attempt to keep the white man down.

Kodiak
Posts: 15462
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Post by Kodiak » Wed May 20, 2020 2:33 am

Ice wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:09 am
I'm in favor of taking draft picks away for hiring tired, multireycled retread JAG coaches because you don't have the balls to go find a good one.
Yeah, sports aren't the only place suffering from that affliction. Screw "they've learned from their mistakes" and try to hire someone who doesn't need to fail a few times before being capable of doing the job.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Kodiak
Posts: 15462
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Post by Kodiak » Wed May 20, 2020 2:36 am

El Kabong wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:07 am
I'm not sure I'm in favor of better draft picks for hiring minorities, however.
Somehow Bill Belicheat will exploit this by hiring half a dozen Ass. DC's.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 727
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Wed May 20, 2020 2:49 am

Kodiak wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:33 am
Ice wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:09 am
I'm in favor of taking draft picks away for hiring tired, multireycled retread JAG coaches because you don't have the balls to go find a good one.
Yeah, sports aren't the only place suffering from that affliction. Screw "they've learned from their mistakes" and try to hire someone who doesn't need to fail a few times before being capable of doing the job.
Yup. If you want to go get someone like Lincoln Riley, or Byron Leftwich, whether he works out or not, at least you're adding flavor to the league, taking a chance and shaking things up. If there was a silver lining to the "hire anybody who's ever had a cup of coffee with Sean Mcvay" copycatting, it was that at least it injected some new blood into the head coaching ranks.

I'll say all this with the caveat that a cynic recently called my bluff in another discussion with the fact that Mcvay and Matt Nagy have suffered significant regressions, so obviously some wait and see needs to happen, as in most things, but I'd still argue it's better to try and fail than hire Jeff Fisher.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

User avatar
CORE-TEN
Posts: 8892
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Post by CORE-TEN » Wed May 20, 2020 3:35 pm

I'm all in favor of diversity, but giving away higher draft picks is just wrong. Use other incentives to get owners to hire more diverse/ younger/ not in the good ole boy network staff. How about a donation from the NFL to the charity of their choice?

User avatar
Professor Half Wit
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:23 pm

Post by Professor Half Wit » Wed May 20, 2020 4:25 pm

Diversity hysteria has done more than a little mischief.
"Just don't kill us."

SteelerDayTrader
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:12 pm

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Wed May 20, 2020 8:28 pm

Higher draft picks is a great idea IMO

So is not locking up position coaches

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 727
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Wed May 20, 2020 10:16 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:25 pm
Diversity hysteria has done more than a little mischief.
It's an imperfect solution to a complicated problem.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Thrillsseeker
Posts: 3845
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:42 pm

Post by Thrillsseeker » Wed May 20, 2020 10:35 pm

Its fucking retarded.

User avatar
CORE-TEN
Posts: 8892
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Post by CORE-TEN » Wed May 20, 2020 10:51 pm

Ice wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:16 pm
Professor Half Wit wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:25 pm
Diversity hysteria has done more than a little mischief.
It's an imperfect solution to a complicated problem.
But it's not a solution. It's an infected band aid.

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 727
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Thu May 21, 2020 12:19 am

Indeed, on an oozing, infected societal wound. Hence, imperfect.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic