Ravens sign Villy

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
Steeldrama

Ravens sign Villy

Post by Steeldrama » Tue May 04, 2021 2:52 pm

Ravens signed LT Alejandro Villanueva to a two-year, $14 million contract.
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Villanueva gets $8 million guaranteed in his move from divisional rival Pittsburgh to Baltimore. He'll likely replace Orlando Brown, who last month was traded to Kansas City for draft picks, until T Ronnie Stanley is healthy. Villanueva can then slide to the right side of the team's offensive line. Villanueva, 32, started every game for Pittsburgh since 2016, and was graded by Pro Football Focus as the league's 18th best pass blocking tackle in 2020. Baltimore's offensive line was graded by PFF as 2020's tenth best pass blocking unit and 14th best run blocking line.

RELATED: Ronnie Stanley, Pittsburgh Steelers
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
May 4, 2021, 10:15 AM ET
Last edited by Steeldrama on Tue May 04, 2021 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Tue May 04, 2021 2:56 pm

Villy at RT? Have fun, Ravens.

steelcountry

Post by steelcountry » Tue May 04, 2021 3:00 pm

Past the comp pick period so won't net us anything. Would have been nice if the FO took that same approach with dime a dozen Joe Haeg, who caused us to lose a 6th round comp pick for Hilton. It might seem like something very minor but it just wasn't necessary.

As for Villy, TJ Watt going to eat him up twice this year.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Tue May 04, 2021 3:29 pm

Lamar's going to be happy he has elite wheels.

He's gonna need em.
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

BethlehemSteel

Post by BethlehemSteel » Tue May 04, 2021 3:31 pm

Ravens4Real Ravens4Real is offline. Probably at the fridge getting a beer.
Veteran Poster

Re: Ravens Sign Alejandro Villaneuva to a 2-year Deal
Heyyyy a dude that’s awful at run blocking and has never played the RT position before.

What could go wrong?!
3rd post in the RSR.com thread!!
"There's going to be some joyful lifting for us if you will in terms of some of the tasks we have to do." - Mike Tomlin

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Tue May 04, 2021 4:04 pm

steelcountry wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 3:00 pm
Past the comp pick period so won't net us anything. Would have been nice if the FO took that same approach with dime a dozen Joe Haeg, who caused us to lose a 6th round comp pick for Hilton. It might seem like something very minor but it just wasn't necessary.

It is after the draft so any signings do not count against the formula.
"Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple."

- Barry Switzer

Steeldrama

Post by Steeldrama » Tue May 04, 2021 4:06 pm

I have a healthy respect for the Ravens front office but this one is a bit of a head scratcher for me....not a trading next years 4th for a potential UDFA head scratcher....but still scratching my thinning scalp nonetheless.
Buy hey not everyone has a Zach Banner waiting in the wings.
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

steelcountry

Post by steelcountry » Tue May 04, 2021 4:17 pm

jebrick wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:04 pm
steelcountry wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 3:00 pm

It is after the draft so any signings do not count against the formula.
Which is what I said.

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Tue May 04, 2021 4:22 pm

Good riddance. Hopefully he spreads bad vibes on thier team too
Gorilla Warfare

Jizz Mop

Post by Jizz Mop » Tue May 04, 2021 4:32 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:22 pm
Bad vibes? Explain.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Tue May 04, 2021 4:38 pm

Jizz Mop wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:32 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Bad vibes? Explain.

This will end well

Jizz Mop

Post by Jizz Mop » Tue May 04, 2021 4:44 pm

Steeldrama wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:06 pm
I have a healthy respect for the Ravens front office but this one is a bit of a head scratcher for me....not a trading next years 4th for a potential UDFA head scratcher....but still scratching my thinning scalp nonetheless.
Yes. We are locked and loaded at offensive tackle.

Didn’t want to retain him but thankfully our offensive tackle cupboard is well stocked.

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Tue May 04, 2021 4:48 pm

Jizz Mop wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Bad vibes? Explain.
He put himself and his bs apart from the team numerous times. Whatever your view on things is fine. When you are on a team you do what the team does. Whether you believe it or not that kinda stuff has a big effect. Usually in increasingly small details where you begin to have 53 individuals rather than a team
Gorilla Warfare

Jizz Mop

Post by Jizz Mop » Tue May 04, 2021 4:49 pm

What’s his bullshit? Trying to understand.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Tue May 04, 2021 4:56 pm

Jizz Mop wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:49 pm
What’s his bullshit? Trying to understand.
I believe the gentleposter refers to the Chicago tunnel fiasco where the rest of the team hung back and Villy walked out to place hand over heart during the anthem. STD got triggered over it. :D
"We're all in strung out shape. But stay frosty, and alert."

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Tue May 04, 2021 4:59 pm

That and numerous other things
Gorilla Warfare

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Tue May 04, 2021 5:00 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:59 pm
That and numerous other things
Wasn't there some individuality asserted by Villy about a name written on the back of the helmet?
"We're all in strung out shape. But stay frosty, and alert."

steelmann58

Post by steelmann58 » Tue May 04, 2021 5:16 pm

The bottom line the ravens added him and we don’t get any return but we added Haag that cost a 6 th rounder next season. Very curious if he would still be out there

steelmann58

Post by steelmann58 » Tue May 04, 2021 5:17 pm

I don’t want to get into this personal stuff but the man deserves Utmost respect

Ice

Post by Ice » Tue May 04, 2021 5:29 pm

Steeldrama wrote:
Don't forget Chuks and Haeg, Drama. We are loh-ho-hoaded with in-house options.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Tue May 04, 2021 5:38 pm

Ice wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:29 pm
Steeldrama wrote:
Don't forget Chuks and Haeg, Drama. We are loh-ho-hoaded with in-house options.
Not to worry...I’ve been informed that Zach fucking Banner, with his two career starts and being the greatest offensive tackle to ever report as eligible, is a stud in the making.!
We are good...
And don’t forget his social media wizardry.

rooneytunes

Post by rooneytunes » Tue May 04, 2021 6:22 pm

Good Lord

Villy DID NOT go out on his own in Chicago.

There was a discussion of what the team was going to do. Everyone on the team knew with his military past that he wouldn't want to kneel so OUT OF RESPECT for his service they agreed for him to go out first and then the whole team would join him for the anthem. So he goes out and the team is ready to come out to join him a few seconds later and before they could NFL pregame people got in the way. By the time they cleared out the anthem had started and they thought it would be disrespectful for them to walk out while it was playing. So they stayed in the tunnel and it made it look like he was the only one that came out.

THAT is what happened. None of this he came out on his own bullshit.

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Tue May 04, 2021 6:36 pm

rooneytunes wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:22 pm
Good Lord

There was a discussion of what the team was going to do. Everyone on the team knew with his military past that he wouldn't want to kneel so OUT OF RESPECT for his service they agreed for him to go out first and then the whole team would join him for the anthem. So he goes out and the team is ready to come out to join him a few seconds later and before they could NFL pregame people got in the way. By the time they cleared out the anthem had started and they thought it would be disrespectful for them to walk out while it was playing. So they stayed in the tunnel and it made it look like he was the only one that came out.

Thank you.
Attachments
20170924pdSteelers26-1568960741.jpg
20170924pdSteelers26-1568960741.jpg (177 KiB) Viewed 277 times
Alejandro-Villanueva-anthem-chicago-1568961330.jpg
Alejandro-Villanueva-anthem-chicago-1568961330.jpg (147.47 KiB) Viewed 277 times

rooneytunes

Post by rooneytunes » Tue May 04, 2021 6:48 pm

stillthere wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:36 pm
rooneytunes wrote:
Good Lord

Thank you.
Thank you as well for those pictures. As I was posting this I was thinking about these pictures and wished I had them to add.

I wish Villy well. Except when he plays us lol.

His life backstory is pretty fucking cool

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Tue May 04, 2021 7:28 pm

rooneytunes wrote:
Good Lord

Thanks RT. As John Adams said, "Facts are stubborn things." Especially for those who only care about their own agenda.

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Tue May 04, 2021 7:51 pm

rooneytunes wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:48 pm
stillthere wrote:
rooneytunes wrote:
Good Lord

Thank you.
Thank you as well for those pictures. As I was posting this I was thinking about these pictures and wished I had them to add.

I wish Villy well. Except when he plays us lol.

His life backstory is pretty fucking cool
Only reason I have them is I have had to explain what really happened more than once to people.

Jizz Mop

Post by Jizz Mop » Tue May 04, 2021 8:02 pm

rooneytunes wrote:
Good Lord

Thank you

You are now my favorite poster

Jizz Mop

Post by Jizz Mop » Tue May 04, 2021 8:03 pm

stillthere wrote:
rooneytunes wrote:
Good Lord

Thank you.
Thanks

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Tue May 04, 2021 8:26 pm

rooneytunes wrote:
Good Lord

False
Gorilla Warfare

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Tue May 04, 2021 9:22 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:48 pm
Jizz Mop wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Bad vibes? Explain.
He put himself and his bs apart from the team numerous times. Whatever your view on things is fine. When you are on a team you do what the team does. Whether you believe it or not that kinda stuff has a big effect. Usually in increasingly small details where you begin to have 53 individuals rather than a team
LOL…I kind of agree. I don’t think he was all that street smart.

Reminds me of the line from Unforgiven!

English Bob: Well sir, again I don’t wish to give offense…..

Cowboy on Train: Well maybe you don’t wish to give offense, sir, but your giving it pretty thick.

The national anthem got screwed up and the name tags got screwed up…maybe not his fault. But he always fumbled the PR opportunities to kneecap the stories before they got legs. Villy was a bit like English Bob!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic