A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
Baltostiller

Re: Chase Claypool Has the Answer….

Post by Baltostiller » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:46 pm

Kodiak. wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:39 pm
Ice wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:35 pm
Well, Heyward definitely doesn't seem to have appreciated Claypool's comments. Good lord, this thing is coming unglued...
It's interesting this is all coming out now, in Ben's last year. Maybe we've had it all wrong, and Tomlin has stuck around BECAUSE of Ben.
THAT'S IT!!! NO MORE FUCKING PING PONG TABLES IN THE LOCKER ROOM!! - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

Ice

Post by Ice » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:46 pm

Stosh-67 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:45 pm
Ice wrote:
Well, Heyward definitely doesn't seem to have appreciated Claypool's comments. Good lord, this thing is coming unglued...
What did Cam have to say?
He better have been kidding, cause when I heard that I wanted to rip the speaker out of the car...
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Ice

Post by Ice » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:47 pm

Baltostiller wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:46 pm
Kodiak. wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:39 pm
Ice wrote:
It's interesting this is all coming out now, in Ben's last year. Maybe we've had it all wrong, and Tomlin has stuck around BECAUSE of Ben.
THAT'S IT!!! NO MORE FUCKING PING PONG TABLES IN THE LOCKER ROOM!! - Michael Pettaway Tomlin
Ping pong is for closers.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Kodiak.

Post by Kodiak. » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:53 pm

Ice wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:47 pm
Ping pong is for closers.
Be the paddle, not the ball
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weighty downs...the lifeblood of ball possession

Quixotic

Post by Quixotic » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:06 pm

Stosh-67 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:36 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:22 pm
Learning to run the right routes, not rounding off routes, devoting some serious time on your own to learning how to box out defenders would help ALOT more Maple Leaf
I can not recall another big, physical WR like Chase....that can not stay on his feet as much as this kid.
I do not think he has gone more than 2 or 3 consecutive targets in which he is not falling, tripping, out of position, etc.

Horrendous footwork, with such a physically gifted body.

1/3 coaching
1/3 lack of dedication
1/3 generationally distracted to hone his craft.

and before he knows it, 1/3 of his career is gone.
Yeah. He’s no Martavis Bryant. I mean, if you correct for addictions and general nutsness.

DP39

Post by DP39 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:25 pm

Jizz Mop wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:14 pm
Rollins might be a nice choice but I’d like to see some old school rap utilized:

Kool Moe Dee

Grand Master Flash

Sugar Hill Gang

Rob Base

Could be the diff between AFCN cellar dwellers and SB champs
Wait....do any of those guys have a son in college that plays football? I'm sure come draft time Tomlin would love to "reach" for the opportunity to pad his contact list/close circle of (famous athletes and artists from his 80's and 90's years) friends. Boy, imagine what his x-mas card and retirement party invite lists will look like when he's all said and done F'n up our beloved franchise!

Post by 955876 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:29 pm

Put Motörhead on the PA system. Crank it to 10. Make these pussies run reps until they get it perfect.

This team is a fucking mess. Never in all my years have I actually hated the players on the team.

Throw in my disdain for the coaches and Dunce and well, this is a hard fucking bunch to support.

The only thing worthy of support is the damn team emblem

Practice is WORK not playtime you dumb motherfucker.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:43 pm

COR-TEN wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:37 pm
Professor Half Wit wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:30 pm
Jobu wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:12 pm
Heyward, Minkah, Shobert are critical of the way the Steelers practice. Chase has the answer…

https://triblive.com/sports/tim-benz-pr ... e-obscure/

Can’t make this shit up. :roll: :roll: :roll:

This could possibly work if the music is restricted to Henry Rollins' motivational albums of the late 80s and early 90s.
If you need music to motivate you then you have issues. Regardless of the music.
Claypool is a downfield receiver on a team with no o-line.

How often would YOU want to run 20 or 30 yard routes only to look back and see the ball has been thrown 4 yard when we needed 12?
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Steeldrama

Post by Steeldrama » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:54 pm

955876 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:29 pm
Practice is WORK not playtime you dumb motherfucker.
Sums up my reaction
Nothing more needs to be said “obviously”
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

langer

Post by langer » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:15 pm

Seems Bush isn't the biggest problem on this team, this clownish bonehead is right there as well.
"So, we have to proceed with caution, but when you’re pursuing greatness, risk-taking is a part of it. Calculated risk-taking. That’s what you’re talking about when you’re drawing up big plays schematically.”

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:21 pm

langer wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:15 pm
Seems Bush isn't the biggest problem on this team, this clownish bonehead is right there as well.
These guys are just symptoms…
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Kodiak.

Post by Kodiak. » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:23 pm

Jobu wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:21 pm
langer wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:15 pm
These guys are just symptoms…
Majority of the "success" the last 10 years is directly attributable to 4 people: Ben, Colbert, Munchak and Mann.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weighty downs...the lifeblood of ball possession

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:26 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:43 pm
COR-TEN wrote:
Professor Half Wit wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:30 pm

This could possibly work if the music is restricted to Henry Rollins' motivational albums of the late 80s and early 90s.
If you need music to motivate you then you have issues. Regardless of the music.

How often would YOU want to run 20 or 30 yard routes only to look back and see the ball has been thrown 4 yard when we needed 12?
If I'm getting paid what he is to run around a grassy field, with the possibility of setting up myself and family for a couple of generations.. . Fuck yes. I'd run up and down the field 30 times even if I don't get the ball thrown my way. And when it does, I'd better be fucking on it like white on rice.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Deebo

Post by Deebo » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:13 pm

Jobu wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:12 pm
Heyward, Minkah, Shobert are critical of the way the Steelers practice. Chase has the answer…

https://triblive.com/sports/tim-benz-pr ... e-obscure/

Can’t make this shit up. :roll: :roll: :roll:
“I think some music would help,” Claypool said Monday. “That stuff is fun. People are dancing, having fun, so I think maybe music would make practice a little more fun and a little more up-tempo.”
Well when you've been around for Mr Tik Tok himself, is that much of a suprise?

This is the same team that Facebooked live from the lockerroom

blu

Post by blu » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:28 pm

Who cares what Claypool says? The problem is Tomlin. Do you think that Claypool would say boo if Belichek or even Bruce Arians was in charge here? Similarly, would Devin Bush be fucking around? Bush would be benched & worse after just 15 min. of doing nothing. Bush would have been called every non-racist name possible & be treated like a pariah by every member of the team & staff. No one respects Mike Tomlin except the Rooney's who are even dumber than Mr. aviator shades.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:42 pm

COR-TEN wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:26 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:43 pm
COR-TEN wrote:

If I'm getting paid what he is to run around a grassy field, with the possibility of setting up myself and family for a couple of generations.. . Fuck yes. I'd run up and down the field 30 times even if I don't get the ball thrown my way. And when it does, I'd better be fucking on it like white on rice.
I feel the same way, but it's easy to say you'd stay engaged until you actually ran up and down that field over and over and over again then looking back to see the short of the sticks shit over and over and over again.

Dudes are different now. I know Claypool is taking a lot of shit for his "add music" comment, but I'll say this: Whether he adds music or not, whatever Mike Tomlin is doing during practice....it ain't working and pretty much everyone (including important veteran players) agree.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Rod & Wire Mill

Post by Rod & Wire Mill » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:14 pm

Battle of men, men in stadiums, leader of men….I think we tend to forget that many of these guys are just boys and millennials at that.

Post by 955876 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:02 pm

but it's easy to say you'd stay engaged until you actually ran up and down that field over and over and over again then looking back to see the short of the sticks shit over and over and over again.

Dudes are different now.
Certainly are.

Cry me a river bout running up and down the field a few times and not getting a ball thrown your way. Boo hoo. Still got your million bucks.

Try charging a heavily fortified hill over and over and over again while your buddies are being cut and blown to pieces.

The modern day athlete has neither perspective nor heart.

Not all of course but many.

Bunch of bitches.

langer

Post by langer » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:59 pm

"Dudes are different now."

I don't think so, just these moron WRs who are expendable when they pull shit like this Notre Dame graduate in Management Consulting.

He has the untenable combo platter of being an ND grad and a dumb WR.
"So, we have to proceed with caution, but when you’re pursuing greatness, risk-taking is a part of it. Calculated risk-taking. That’s what you’re talking about when you’re drawing up big plays schematically.”

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:00 pm

955876 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:02 pm
but it's easy to say you'd stay engaged until you actually ran up and down that field over and over and over again then looking back to see the short of the sticks shit over and over and over again.

Dudes are different now.
Certainly are.

Cry me a river bout running up and down the field a few times and not getting a ball thrown your way. Boo hoo. Still got your million bucks.

Try charging a heavily fortified hill over and over and over again while your buddies are being cut and blown to pieces.

The modern day athlete has neither perspective nor heart.

Not all of course but many.

Bunch of bitches.
There are divas from from all levels and eras of football.

The comparison to going to actual war is silly. Football is a game.

Also, Claypool was a very special player last season. He hasn't been nearly as good this year but he isn't exactly playing in the Chiefs offense.

We have an old and now very average QB, a terrible o-line and the receivers aren't exactly blowing up stat wise.

The play calling has been embarrassing. I'd be frustrated if I were Claypool too. Sure, Claypool himself has a shit ton to work on because he hasn't played well and definitely hasn't taken the next step, but.....in this antiquated and embarrassing offense, I'm not sure it would matter much if he did.

Harvey Woodlawn

Post by 955876 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:03 pm

Ummm that was actually my point. That these divas don’t recognize their extreme privilege and should just do their damn job.

So I stand behind what I said, cry me a river if your a poor wittle WR in the NFL that has to run a few sprints without getting a ball thrown your way.

No ESPN highlight for you tonight. Oh noes.

Still got your game check though. Which is my point.

Do your damn job….

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:22 pm

955876 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:03 pm
Ummm that was actually my point. That these divas don’t recognize their extreme privilege and should just do their damn job.

So I stand behind what I said, cry me a river if your a poor wittle WR in the NFL that has to run a few sprints without getting a ball thrown your way.

No ESPN highlight for you tonight. Oh noes.

Still got your game check though. Which is my point.

Do your damn job….
You see, WR's can't "do their job" when the o-line is a sieve, the QB struggles to get the ball downfield often even when he has time and the play calling is laughable.

I'm sure Claypool is trying to do his job. Could he do it better? Oh yes. Dude better take his preparation to another level, but right now, Chase Claypool isn't near the top of the problems with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

.....and while his suggestion for music at practice may seem stupid, whatever Tomlin is doing at practice sure as fuck ain't working.

Might as well raise the roof and perform an Electric Slide routine. Couldn't hurt.

Harvey Woodlawn

Post by 955876 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:29 pm

You see, WR's can't "do their job" when the o-line is a sieve, the QB struggles to get the ball downfield often even when he has time and the play calling is laughable.
I’m aware he can only control why he’s able to control.

But here is the thing, if he is running lazy routes or not always going all out that becomes a tell to the defense.

The game is only 60 minutes. He isn’t on the field the whole time.

Do your damn job. And by that I mean if your job on a play is to run a fly pattern then buckle your damn chin strap and run the best damn fly pattern you can.

I don’t care if the oline failed and Ben got creamed or dumped the ball off.

Stay engaged. Stay focused. Do your own damn job.

None of this boo hoo ima “deep threat” so not able to keep my head in the game.

He’s mentally weak.

Louis Lipps Service

Post by Louis Lipps Service » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:54 pm

blu wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:28 pm
Who cares what Claypool says? The problem is Tomlin. Do you think that Claypool would say boo if Belichek or even Bruce Arians was in charge here? Similarly, would Devin Bush be fucking around? Bush would be benched & worse after just 15 min. of doing nothing. Bush would have been called every non-racist name possible & be treated like a pariah by every member of the team & staff. No one respects Mike Tomlin except the Rooney's who are even dumber than Mr. aviator shades.
This. So much this. Like, we should hug. Or maybe chest bump or something. I dunno.

Do we keep blaming the steady stream of boneheads that keep pulling this stuff....or blame the common denominator to all of them? Which seems more productive? You can blame both, sure. But I don't understand how people don't understand that when you give a 20 years millions of dollars and also let them do whatever they want....they'll do exactly that.

There is no doubt in my mind that Claypool, JuJu, DJ, etc could be valuable contributors on winning teams with real leadership and coaching.

Blame the inmates all you want. But until the warden stops them, it'll never change.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:55 pm

955876 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:29 pm

But here is the thing, if he is running lazy routes or not always going all out that becomes a tell to the defense.

Do your damn job. And by that I mean if your job on a play is to run a fly pattern then buckle your damn chin strap and run the best damn fly pattern you can.

He’s mentally weak.
He wasn't mentally weak his first year when he looked to be a sure fire star.

Dude has struggled this year along with the whole team. Especially the offense. Let's maybe give the guy a chance to redeem himself before trotting out the "mentally weak" card. He's been in the league a whopping 2 years and had a GREAT rookie year. Not good, GREAT.

I'm going to bet that if we make the correct changes that need to be made on offense, Claypool will make the folks who want to bury him eat their words.

Just like Diontae Johnson did.

Harvey Woodlawn

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:56 pm

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:54 pm
Blame the inmates all you want. But until the warden stops them, it'll never change.
Yepper.

Harvey Woodlawn

Post by 955876 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:04 am

K_C_ wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:55 pm
955876 wrote:

He’s mentally weak.

Dude has struggled this year along with the whole team. Especially the offense. Let's maybe give the guy a chance to redeem himself before trotting out the "mentally weak" card. He's been in the league a whopping 2 years and had a GREAT rookie year. Not good, GREAT.

I'm going to bet that if we make the correct changes that need to be made on offense, Claypool will make the folks who want to bury him eat their words.

Hey I hope he develops. It’s in our best interest.
The “mentally weak” from me is coming from some of the shit he’s done and said.

Just my take. A player at this level blaming the lack of music playing at practice ie work strikes me as a weak minded individual.

The lack of focus he has shown on the field supports that as well.

Mentally focused players also don’t go talking shit to the opponent that just kicked your ass. Ya well you’ll get clapped next week.

The point of the playoffs is to have a next week. His shit talking made him look like a world class fool.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:23 am

955876 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:04 am
K_C_ wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:55 pm
955876 wrote:

He’s mentally weak.

Hey I hope he develops. It’s in our best interest.
The “mentally weak” from me is coming from some of the shit he’s done and said.

Just my take. A player at this level blaming the lack of music playing at practice ie work strikes me as a weak minded individual.

The lack of focus he has shown on the field supports that as well.

Mentally focused players also don’t go talking shit to the opponent that just kicked your ass. Ya well you’ll get clapped next week.

The point of the playoffs is to have a next week. His shit talking made him look like a world class fool.
Claypool did that as a rookie. I was much more troubled that JuJu, young but the veteran in the WR room, was Claypool's bright and shining example of how to be a professional.

That issue points directly at the head coach and his assistants.

In the past you had respected vets on this team like Cotchatron, Terrance Mathis and others who might not have been fantastic players, but they knew how to prepare and act like professionals.

We don't have that anymore.

Harvey Woodlawn

Post by 955876 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:54 am

That issue points directly at the head coach and his assistants.

In the past you had respected vets on this team like Cotchatron, Terrance Mathis and others who might not have been fantastic players, but they knew how to prepare and act like professionals.

We don't have that anymore.
Agreed.

Given that the 2 yard pass is a staple of this offense we might as well bring Ward back.

langer

Post by langer » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:11 am

When Najee went to ask Iron Mike Lunkhead for some counseling, he blew him off.

Tomlin needs a sports psychologist. He won't get one.

You read books by Stram, Walsh, Dr Z...there is an attitude that the shit talking buffoon doesn't share at all with those guys. As Lee Flowers said, he's a Paper Champion.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic