Some guesses

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
SteelerDayTrader

Some guesses

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:16 pm

As the post FA pre draft roster rounds into shape ......some thoughts

QB - my gut ....who has endured many Steeler drafts tells me the Steelers will draft Trask in the 4th if he is there. However. Being that Ben is in fact signed for 2 more years and Haskins in the house....perhaps they will forgo QB ?

RB - I would not be surprised if Connor is re-signed at some point but I think its a given the Steelers will attempt to draft a bell cow type back at this point. I highly doubt Harris will fall to 24. I suspect its likely the Steelers will panic after missing Harris in the 1st and reach for a good RB in the 2nd that wouldve been there in the third. Lol.

TE - Wholly mediocre at best Batman !! Look at the Steelers current TE roster. Lololz. They have like 14 TEs none of which are any good. Thats some kind of cosmic outlier right there. Lol. Any other team couldnt find that many bad TEs if they tried. Being that this draft sucks at TE and the need all the draft picks they can get and at the same time have a boatload of mediocre TEs currently....I fully expect them to draft a likely wouldve been UDFA like Luke Farrell in 6 or 7. Lol

WR - I think JuJu is gone. Good player and I wish him well. I wish he wouldve performed just a LITTLE better and avoided some of the bs but it is what it is. I hope the Steelers add a legit chain mover at WR. Someone who can excell over the middle particularly since TE is so bad. I like Shi Smith in the draft as well as a few others. We will see. Claypool DJ Washington McCloud and a great draft pick along with one of the practice squad guys at the 6th doesnt seem too bad.

OL Banner Dotson....i like.....alot....everyone else truly sucks goat dick.....the Steelers need to hit on at least 2 OL draft picks IMO.....which of course means they wont. Lol

DL - I hope the Steelers throw a little money at Alualu. Hes mostly been solid. Im not entirely sure what to make about Buggs and Davis getting into a sideline fight but part of me kinda likes it. I suspect the Steelers will draft a practice squad DL type late. There are rumors Davis could be a good NT. I hope those are fortified with more snaps this year. Tuitt has largely been a disappointment IMO. If the Steelers draft a developmental type late I hope it is someone who at the very least you could imagine playing DE in Tuitt's spot

ILB - Vince Williams is great. Bush is still wait and see imo and Spillane is an ok backup. UG III I wanna still believe has what it takes. I hope the Steelers dont waste a late draft pick here on a try hard type who simply doesnt have the tools to make an impact at ILB for the Steelers

OLB - Bud and Ola both gone I expect a draft pick here.

SS - Edmunds and Brooks. What can I say ?? Alot of room to upgrade on this team. And again much like ILB being that this position is so key to the Steelers I really hope the Steelers dont waste a late pick here on a low talent try hard type

FS - Lets all keep praying Minkah doesnt get injured and has a big contract year. Im not really sold on re-signing him next year the way many are given his slack year this past year. We will see

CB - Haden Nelson Sutton Pierre and someone else. I hope someone can step up and replace Hilton's production. Not a bad group on paper.

Where does all that leave us in the draft ?? For me I would really like to see a trade down in the 1st or 2nd ....but....lets assume that doesnt happen

That leaves the Steelers with 1 2 3 4 4 6 7 7

IMO OL and RB are huge needs that can be filled adequately earlier. I see TE as a huge need as well but zero talent deserving early pick status....although I wouldnt put it past the Steelers to massively overdraft someone there. However lets just assume the best of a typical Steeler draft and say that at least 1 OL and a RB will be drafted in rds 1 2 or 3

What other positions get a look in one of those 1st 3 picks ? Well...if I know the Steelers (and I do) it wont be another OL and its unlikely it will be 3 offensive players so lets put OLB as most likely although if a huge talent falls at SS ILB DL and possibly CB you begin to wonder about possibilities ? I doubt the Steelers look to draft over Bush at this point and I dont think they draft a SILB in the 1st 3.

That leaves OLB SS CB DL. IMO its gonna be one of those.

So 1 2 3 are RB OL most definitely. And a D side pick em with OLB SS CB and DL leading the pack.

4 4 who knows ? but lately this area of the draft has often been a real disappointment to me. QB picks most of all. However lets hope for the best and the Steelers grab another OL here at least

Where does that leave us ? Hopefully

1 2 3 4 = In no real order RB OL OL and a D side pick at OLB SS CB and maybe DL

That would leave another 4 to fill one of our many needs and then the long drop down to 6 7 7

Pray someone drafts Trask before us in the 4th rd. Lol.

Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare

🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍