Ravens Trade Brown for Chiefs' 1, 3, 4

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
Professor Half Wit

Ravens Trade Brown for Chiefs' 1, 3, 4

Post by Professor Half Wit » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:14 pm

Jeez, is Orlando Brown really that good?

Ugh....

Seems to me the Ravens have done very well for themselves by this.

“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:17 pm

:shock:

That’s bonkers!
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:20 pm

Ravens also sent away their 2nd round pick this year and 6th rounder for next year.

Orlando Brown
2nd round pick
6th round pick

For
1st rounder
3rd rounder
4th rounder
5th next year

It does seem like a lot for an unproven OT in a draft that is deep at that position.
Redskins Draft:
Marvin Harrison, Jr., WR, Ohio State
Patrick Paul OT Houston
Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas
TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State
Trevin Wallace LB Kentucky
Bucky Irving RB Oregon
Jordan Travis QB FSU

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:20 pm

Ravens about to get Lamar at least one elite weapon on the outside.

Zero doubt about it.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:25 pm

Jamison Hensley
@jamisonhensley
By trading Orlando Brown to Chiefs, Ravens is expected to replace him at right tackle with Alejandro Villanueva.

Deal likely won't become official until after draft, but Villanueva visited Ravens on Thursday.

So, Ravens add some picks and won't have much dropoff with Villanueva
^ I lol'd at that last line. Villy has had issues with power rushers, and they're going to stick him at RT? Alrighty....

Post by 955876 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:50 pm

Dunce would have flipped him for a 4th & 7th and then spent the rest of the day celebrating with Jibbs.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

steelmann58

Post by steelmann58 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:25 pm

Expect AV sign a Contract with the Ravens now.

DP39

Post by DP39 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:30 pm

Steelperch wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:20 pm
Ravens also sent away their 2nd round pick this year and 6th rounder for next year.

Orlando Brown
2nd round pick
6th round pick

For
1st rounder
3rd rounder
4th rounder
5th next year

It does seem like a lot for an unproven OT in a draft that is deep at that position.
A month ago, in the SF Board Draft, I (the Colts) traded my 2nd and 4th round picks to the Ravens in exchange for Orlando Brown Jr. and the Ravens 6th round pick. The Colts got their franchise LT, replacing Castonzo.

I thought it was a pretty good deal for a proven, pro bowl level player. What the Chiefs gave up definitely seems like a lot, though.

I'm guessing we would've probably just released him outright....on account of him not wanting to be here 'n all. :roll:

Scunge

Post by Scunge » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:09 pm

Silly me, I just woke up, came to Steeler Fury and saw this thread, but wow, I at first thought they traded away Hollywood Brown?

Big Al going to the Ravens, if true, great, I always thought he was a clear notch below being a top Pro Bowl tackle and the past couple years have seen him be less effective as a pass protector and last season fell way off as a run blocker.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:16 pm

Scunge wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:09 pm
Silly me, I just woke up, came to Steeler Fury and saw this thread, but wow, I at first thought they traded away Hollywood Brown?
My initial thought also... :lol:
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Post by 955876 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:23 pm

I'm guessing we would've probably just released him outright....on account of him not wanting to be here 'n all. :roll:
Most likely. But only after Deuce personally flew to wherever he was to toss his salad on the way out the door after shitting on the franchise ala Mr. Big Chest.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:44 pm

DP39 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:30 pm
I think Brown is still on a rookie deal as opposed to Nelson who was making a pretty penny in a cap crunch. Not saying what you said is not true but also who has been interested in Nelson? I have not heard much of a peep from that camp since he was released. I imagine he will see more interest after the draft but that is not a guarantee.

tbsteel

Post by tbsteel » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:17 am

After all the pick swapping, the value the Ravens got back from Brown equates to a mid second.

Seems like a fair deal for each side once the Chiefs lock up Brown on a long-term deal. Chiefs get a franchise LT and have two second round picks. Ravens have two 1s and two 3s.

I fully expect the Ravens to trade down from one of their first rounders back into the second and for additional picks. This is a pretty deep draft and I suspect they'll rack up.
Tiny hands, smaller heart.

Havoc

Post by Havoc » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:26 am

K_C_ wrote:

Zero doubt about it.
What does Lamar do with weapons exactly? He's the NFL version of Allen Iverson.
Throw. The. Football. On. First. Down.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:34 am

Havoc wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:26 am
K_C_ wrote:

Zero doubt about it.
Well, he won a league MVP without much in the way of elite weapons, so I guess we’ll find out.

I wouldn’t bet against the dude.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Havoc

Post by Havoc » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:20 am

K_C_ wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:34 am
Havoc wrote:
K_C_ wrote:

Zero doubt about it.
Well, he won a league MVP without much in the way of elite weapons, so I guess we’ll find out.

I would.

Bet on the QB who makes the headlines with his arm.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:08 am

Havoc wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:20 am
K_C_ wrote:
Havoc wrote:

I would.

This is silly. Dude has a career QB rating of 102.3

68 TD’s to 18 INT’s. Has 19 career rushing TD’s.

The guy isn’t Mitch Trubisky or anything.

Jackson has plenty of room for improvement, but he hasn’t exactly been a joke throwing the ball.

After the mid part of last season I believe the stats I saw on our own legendary QB were 10 TD passes and 8 INT’s.

They’ll get Jackson another top receiver next week and I’ll continue to hope that receiver is a bust because if they get Lamar a big time player on the outside, his critics will likely be a lot quieter.

A lot.

Harvey Woodlawn

ironzabo

Post by ironzabo » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:36 am

Lamar Jackson and Justin Layne should get together and go bowling - they BOTH suck = alot.

And they are most definitely running in the same "posse" per say. Jackson will never amount to shite in the NFL - book it. Lamar could damn well easily be out of the league in 3 years. He is a straight up thug and if he wasn't playing in Baltimore in straight thug capital of the world he would have been much more exposed already.

His playoff record speaks for itself....and then some :lol:

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:45 am

ironzabo wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:36 am
Lamar Jackson and Justin Layne should get together and go bowling - they BOTH suck = alot.

And they are most definitely running in the same "posse" per say. Jackson will never amount to shite in the NFL - book it. Lamar could damn well easily be out of the league in 3 years. He is a straight up thug and if he wasn't playing in Baltimore in straight thug capital of the world he would have been much more exposed already.

His playoff record speaks for itself....and then some :lol:
Right now, as Steeler fans, the last thing anybody should be doing is crowing about playoff records.

It’s been a LONG ass time since the Steelers were a threat to do anything in the postseason and if Lamar Jackson sucks, then he’d most likely whip our asses when it matters most.

Ask Baker Mayfield, Tim Tebow, Blake Bortles and you may even want to check with A.J. McCarron who the Steelers needed a Burfict meltdown miracle to escape.

Harvey Woodlawn

Havoc

Post by Havoc » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:55 am

K_C_ wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:08 am
Havoc wrote:
K_C_ wrote:

I would.

Jackson has plenty of room for improvement, but he hasn’t exactly been a joke throwing the ball.

After the mid part of last season I believe the stats I saw on our own legendary QB were 10 TD passes and 8 INT’s.

They’ll get Jackson another top receiver next week and I’ll continue to hope that receiver is a bust because if they get Lamar a big time player on the outside, his critics will likely be a lot quieter.

A lot.
He won a regular season award for his ability to run.

Post season is about the arm.

Wheels burn out. Lamar probably peaked in 2019.

zeke5123

Post by zeke5123 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:32 pm

Havoc wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:55 am
K_C_ wrote:
Havoc wrote:

I would.

A lot.

Two things:

1. The wheels made the passing game for LJ easy. By putting so much horizontal pressure on teams LJ got relatively easy reads and open players. When he didn’t get these reads (eg when trailing) he performed like a meh back up. As the wheels slow down (which they are slowing every year) the passing game will continue to get harder for LJ — there aren’t many run first QBs who developed into really good passers (Vick is the only one who kind of did it).

2. KC is pimping LJ which basically proves LJ is sure to suck.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:35 pm

Havoc wrote:
K_C_ wrote:
Havoc wrote:

I would.

A lot.

In 2019 Lamar Jackson threw 36 TD passes and had 6 picks.

JACKSON'S FIRST FUCKING YEAR AS A STARTER.

The dude that won the award "for his ability to run".

:lol:

Just for shits and giggles, could you tell me how many times, in his long ass career, Ben Roethlisberger threw 36 TD passes in a single season?

Bueller?

Harvey Woodlawn

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:43 pm

zeke5123 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:32 pm
KC is pimping LJ which basically proves LJ is sure to suck.
Jackson won a playoff game last year.

What did the Steelers do?

They got owned by the great Baker Mayfield.

In Heinz Field.

Our own QB threw 4 picks.

Right now, anybody with a working brain (you're excluded, obviously) would worry about getting their own house in order, before slamming dudes that actually won playoff games.

Harvey Woodlawn

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:43 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:43 pm
zeke5123 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:32 pm
KC is pimping LJ which basically proves LJ is sure to suck.
Jackson won a playoff game last year.

What did the Steelers do?

They got owned by the great Baker Mayfield.

In Heinz Field.

Our own QB threw 4 picks.

Right now, anybody with a working brain (you're excluded, obviously) would worry about getting their own house in order, before slamming dudes that actually won playoff games.
Matters of fact are always capable of contrary conditions without contradiction.

People claiming Ben's play did not actually fall off, it's all the fault of Randy + o line + basement dweller RBs are assuming Ben will be better next year because he has been better in the past. That is not an inference based on any rational justification. It is an inference based on hope. (Ben being better in the past in no way requires he will be better in the future.)

I tend to hope and believe he will be better because Randy + o line + RBs were a trifecta of burning garbage in a dumpster rolling down a slope toward a cliff. The dumpster was also often pushed by WR dropsies.

But Ben sure did not look like the old Ben, all that burning garbage around him notwithstanding.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Thrillsseeker

Post by Thrillsseeker » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:49 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:35 pm
Havoc wrote:
K_C_ wrote:

A lot.

Just for shits and giggles, could you tell me how many times, in his long ass career, Ben Roethlisberger threw 36 TD passes in a single season?

Bueller?

Reminds me of a spoiled brat stuck on his fantasy football statistics. Comparing LJ’s TD’s to what Ben has given us. (Insertjerkoffmotion)

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:10 pm

Thrillsseeker wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:49 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Havoc wrote:

Bueller?

Reminds me of a spoiled brat stuck on his fantasy football statistics. Comparing LJ’s TD’s to what Ben has given us. (Insertjerkoffmotion)
Aw, are you a little butthurt?

I see you didn't answer my query as to how many times, during his illustrious career, has Ben Roethlisberger thrown 36 TD passes in a single season.

Wanna take a wild guess?

Surely the dude who can't throw a football AT ALL according to some imbeciles here, couldn't have done something throwing the football a guaranteed first ballot Hall of Famer has never done, right?

Why not answer the question?

Harvey Woodlawn

Havoc

Post by Havoc » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:20 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Havoc wrote:
K_C_ wrote:

A lot.

Bueller?

You brought up Mitch Trubisky. Mitch Trubisky had more passing yards than Lamar Jackson in Lamar's MVP season when Lamar was 22nd in the bottom half of the league.

Lamar's game at his peak was much more about his wheels than his arm.

After Lamar moves to #1 in career rushing yards for a QB, that will make the top 4 career rushing yards leaders at the QB position with a total of zero rings.

The top 4 total passing yards leaders all have at least 1 ring.

1 more post season win and Lamar be tied with Tony Romo in that department.

Lamar = Russell Westbrook. Too quick and too much ability not to have the ball in their hands, not good enough in the areas you really need for the team to get a ring.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:52 pm

Havoc wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:20 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Havoc wrote:

Bueller?

You brought up Mitch Trubisky. Mitch Trubisky had more passing yards than Lamar Jackson in Lamar's MVP season when Lamar was 22nd in the bottom half of the league.

After Lamar moves to #1 in career rushing yards for a QB, that will make the top 4 career rushing yards leaders at the QB position with a total of zero rings.

Lamar = Russell Westbrook. Too quick and too much ability not to have the ball in their hands, not good enough in the areas you really need for the team to get a ring.
Passing yards mean dick. How many picks did Trubisky throw?

How many TD's was Trubisky responsible for in 2019 both in the air and on the ground?

Here, I'll help. Trubisky threw 17 TD passes in 2019. Lamar threw 36.

Trubisky threw 10 INT's. Lamar threw 6.

I don't even need to post the rushing stats for both, do I?

But yeah, Trubisky sure had a lot of empty, worthless passing yards.

This is getting silly.

Instead of giving Jackson a shit ton of credit for being unbelievably efficient in 2019, we're going to boast that Mitch Fucking Trubisky had more passing yards.

Yeah, I'm done with this argument.

Harvey Woodlawn

Havoc

Post by Havoc » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:45 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:52 pm
Havoc wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:20 pm
K_C_ wrote:

Bueller?

Passing yards mean dick. How many picks did Trubisky throw?

How many TD's was Trubisky responsible for in 2019 both in the air and on the ground?

Here, I'll help. Trubisky threw 17 TD passes in 2019. Lamar threw 36.

Trubisky threw 10 INT's. Lamar threw 6.

I don't even need to post the rushing stats for both, do I?

But yeah, Trubisky sure had a lot of empty, worthless passing yards.

This is getting silly.

Instead of giving Jackson a shit ton of credit for being unbelievably efficient in 2019, we're going to boast that Mitch Fucking Trubisky had more passing yards.

Yeah, I'm done with this argument.
Take away Lamar's legs. Does he have an MVP arm? No he does not. That + He has arguably the greatest legs of any QB in nfl history = my point.

Keep pumping up our division opponents though.

I am willing to bet you $100 Lamar never gets a ring as a starting QB.

Those wheels already have a slow leak. Contrast with a young QB with elite arm talent who can give a franchise 15 good to great seasons including great seasons into their late 30's and even into their 40's.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:37 pm

Havoc wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:45 pm
Take away Lamar's legs. Does he have an MVP arm? No he does not. That was the point.

Keep pumping up our division opponents though.

I am willing to bet you $100 Lamar never gets a ring as a starting QB.

Those wheels already have a slow leak. Contrast with a young QB with elite arm talent who can give a franchise 15 good to great seasons including great seasons into their late 30's and even into their 40's.
For not having an MVP arm 36/6 seems, oh I don’t know, pretty decent.

But Mitch Trubisky had more passing yards.

:roll:

As for “pumping up” our divisional opponents, well...2 of our division rivals won playoff games. The Browns played the Chiefs far tougher than most expected.

While in contrast, the Steelers looked like a middle school football team for much of the second half of the season.

Jackson has already won an MVP without an elite weapon on the outside. They’ll make another attempt to get him that weapon next week. Mayfield’s Browns are loaded with talent and he improved quite a bit. Had he not improved, I doubt he’d be Cleveland’s QB this year.

We’ll see what the Bengals do but Burrow may very well end up the best QB in the division. Sooner than most think.

I wouldn’t make a bet that Jackson will win a ring because getting past Mahomes is going to be difficult for all AFC teams for the next decade plus.

This upcoming season will reveal plenty and I’m not sure how good that will work out for the Steelers.

Harvey Woodlawn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic