Ravens sign Villy

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
zeke5123

Re: Ravens sign Villy

Post by zeke5123 » Wed May 05, 2021 4:39 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:22 pm
You guys leave out alot of facts

The Steelers decided to stay inside during the anthem. Despite the fact the entire NFL was honoring BLM that weekend.

They did that in order to avoid any disunity or problems (most likely for AV himself !!)

Then AV cries to Tomlin about his BS that being that he likely has fucked a flag at some point he just cant live with missing out on making a public show of support just one fucking time

So the Steelers acquiesce and let Selfish Al have his way.

How big of a selfish jackass do you gotta be to put an entire team through all you selfish bullshit ???

Trust me. Most of players on the Steelers probably had some thoughts on all of the above including I suspect some positive feelings about BLM and protesting . But they kept it to themselves.

THEN Selfish Al goes rogue YET again and bitches about honoring a kid who was murdered and refuses to be a solid teammate again.

AND as I stated earlier he expected the entire team to wear millitary insignia when the NFL was going through the motions with that bs AND everyone did.

Do you really think 53 guys all love the millitary ??

Screw Selfish Al. Screw his "service". If you wanna jerk off and have a flag orgy do it on your own

When you are part of a team be a solid teammate

You really are a moron

Treat888

Post by Treat888 » Wed May 05, 2021 4:44 pm

zeke5123 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:39 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:

The Steelers decided to stay inside during the anthem. Despite the fact the entire NFL was honoring BLM that weekend.

They did that in order to avoid any disunity or problems (most likely for AV himself !!)

Then AV cries to Tomlin about his BS that being that he likely has fucked a flag at some point he just cant live with missing out on making a public show of support just one fucking time

How big of a selfish jackass do you gotta be to put an entire team through all you selfish bullshit ???

Trust me. Most of players on the Steelers probably had some thoughts on all of the above including I suspect some positive feelings about BLM and protesting . But they kept it to themselves.

THEN Selfish Al goes rogue YET again and bitches about honoring a kid who was murdered and refuses to be a solid teammate again.

AND as I stated earlier he expected the entire team to wear millitary insignia when the NFL was going through the motions with that bs AND everyone did.

Screw Selfish Al. Screw his "service". If you wanna jerk off and have a flag orgy do it on your own

You really are a moron
You are far, far too kind.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Wed May 05, 2021 5:35 pm

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/05/aleja ... ce-a-year/
Wherein The loved and respected Big Al says he signed w Ravens so he could play PIT 2x per year and that Kevin Zeitler is an upgrade from Decastro.
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3× 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Wed May 05, 2021 5:42 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:35 pm
Wherein The loved and respected Big Al says he signed w Ravens so he could play PIT 2x per year and that Kevin Zeitler is an upgrade from Decastro.
As a “commuting buddy”?
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Wed May 05, 2021 5:44 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:35 pm
Nice. Maybe he is an asshole. I still think the principle of charity is the best operating principle.

Also, Decastro HAD to be injured last year. I suspect he'll be better in 2021/22.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Wed May 05, 2021 5:50 pm

Maybe AV should’ve had one of his managers interns write a nice, sweet farewell letter to the city and fans that he could put his name on... :lol:
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Greeksteel

Post by Greeksteel » Wed May 05, 2021 6:25 pm

Brian Batko
@BrianBatko
·
28m
Al Villanueva did a 23-minute Zoom with Ravens media today. A lot was said, but this was interesting: "[Running the ball] is obviously better for the offensive line. I'm assuming it's not as fun for the wide receivers because they're not getting all the catches and making the TikToks."

Thrillsseeker

Post by Thrillsseeker » Wed May 05, 2021 6:42 pm

So....anyone want to buy a singed Villy helmet?

😂😂😂

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Wed May 05, 2021 7:15 pm

Greeksteel wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:25 pm
Brian Batko
@BrianBatko
·
28m
Al Villanueva did a 23-minute Zoom with Ravens media today. A lot was said, but this was interesting: "[Running the ball] is obviously better for the offensive line. I'm assuming it's not as fun for the wide receivers because they're not getting all the catches and making the TikToks."
Since I suspect you’re thinking of this as Villy properly calling out juju… Let me say that what A V is doing today is completely uncalled for, ridiculous, and proving my point about the kind of character he is.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Wed May 05, 2021 7:20 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:15 pm
Greeksteel wrote:
Brian Batko
@BrianBatko
·
28m
Since I suspect you’re thinking of this as Villy properly calling out juju… Let me say that what A V is doing today is completely uncalled for, ridiculous, and proving my point about the kind of character he is.
Is there any WR with a more team first attitude on the field than JuJu, whatever one thinks of what he does off of it?
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Ice

Post by Ice » Wed May 05, 2021 7:22 pm

Juju and all of the WRs could have had some more catches if he could have sustained a block at LT. We might have had some more yards rushing last few seasons if he could, you know, run block for shit. Way to be classy to your teammates on the team that pulled your ass out of nowhere and turned you into the semblance of an NFL OT that you are today. What a turd.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Ice

Post by Ice » Wed May 05, 2021 7:23 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:20 pm
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Greeksteel wrote:
Is there any WR with a more team first attitude on the field than JuJu, whatever one thinks of what he does off of it?
This.

Greeksteel

Post by Greeksteel » Wed May 05, 2021 7:28 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Greeksteel wrote:
Brian Batko
@BrianBatko
·
28m
No actually i dislike Villy as well, but hes right about this one and i think its safe to assume there other teammates of Jujus who dont approve of him and his self centered social media bs. I also agree with about this being unneccessary on Villys part and looks bad on him but hes right about juju and i suspected all along there are more than just a few of jujus teammates who dont approve the way he conducts himself.

Ice

Post by Ice » Wed May 05, 2021 7:32 pm

The fact that the Steelers decided to spend their money on Juju and not him certainly wouldn't enter into the thought process of a me-first asshole taking shots at former teammates on the way out the door, so it definitely means JuJu’s teammates dislike him. Yup, no obvious ulterior motivation here at all.

anpsteel

Post by anpsteel » Wed May 05, 2021 7:34 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:31 pm
Pabst wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:28 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:

^ This is 100% objectively false.
Its completely accurate you brickhead. Why the fuck do you think the Steelers bent over backwards for Selfish Al to begin with ??
I have come to the conclusion that you don't understand english.

To suggest that a person who served their country (not even his birth country) at tremendous personal risk, is selfish, is absolutely absurd and ignores reality.

He risked everything. He has every right, and honestly, the duty, to commemorate and honor his fellow soldiers. Standing for the flag and wearing the name plate were not in any way connected to an opinion on BLM for Villanaueva. Those actions are part of his personal duty and commitment.

That commitment and those values far supersede any marginally valid social protest or sports league/team ideal.

Suggesting anything else is flat out inaccurate and ridiculous.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Wed May 05, 2021 7:46 pm

Serving in the armed forces at great personal risk doesn’t not exempt you in any way form being an A Hole, trust me.

I also think you can respect the service and think a get is personally misguided. A wide range of opinions on this subject is not o be expected.

Ice

Post by Ice » Wed May 05, 2021 7:54 pm

Greeksteel wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:28 pm
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Greeksteel wrote:
No actually i dislike Villy as well, but hes right about this one and i think its safe to assume there other teammates of Jujus who dont approve of him and his self centered social media bs. I also agree with about this being unneccessary on Villys part and looks bad on him but hes right about juju and i suspected all along there are more than just a few of jujus teammates who dont approve the way he conducts himself.
Given the current Steelers employment status of the two, the only things safe to assume are that more people in the organization were tired of Villy's BS than were tired of JuJu’s, and from his comments and tone, that he might be a tiny bit butthurt over it.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Wed May 05, 2021 7:57 pm

So I guess that the Steelers locker room isn’t exactly a “band of brothers”, sitting in a circle, while holding hands and singing Cumbaya? :o

Ice

Post by Ice » Wed May 05, 2021 8:21 pm

Or somebody's not happy about being booted from the circle... honestly, AV, Lev, AB... we got the best years of their careers, they got to be petty on the way out. As a Steeler fan, I think we got the better end of the bargain. Hell, didn't even waste draft capital on AV.

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Wed May 05, 2021 9:55 pm

Jobu wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:57 pm
So I guess that the Steelers locker room isn’t exactly a “band of brothers”, sitting in a circle, while holding hands and singing Cumbaya? :o
Yes. And that is probably the whole problem. No Tom Brady or Jordan type that is an asshole/bully type that backs it up with victories and work ethic.

Everyone seems to toe the line when Brady is around or he will laser death stare you.

We do not get that from Ben and we don’t get it from anyone on defense.

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Wed May 05, 2021 11:46 pm

Villy is a fuckwad. Fuck him. Instead of him being critical of his old teammates and their social media habits, he should turn that lens on himself and reflect on his dogshit play the last few years, often almost getting his QB murdered.
“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

Ice

Post by Ice » Wed May 05, 2021 11:51 pm

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:55 pm
Jobu wrote:
Yes. And that is probably the whole problem. No Tom Brady or Jordan type that is an asshole/bully type that backs it up with victories and work ethic.

Everyone seems to toe the line when Brady is around or he will laser death stare you.

Some perspective: while we're worried about the culture of our team because of what some barely above replacement level JAG has to say about Juju and Decastro after we didn't even bother to try to re-sign him, first ballot HOFer and reigning MVP Aaron Rogers is literally imploding the Packers franchise. Could be just a tiny bit worse, folks.

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Thu May 06, 2021 12:40 am

SteelerDayTrader wrote:

The Steelers agreed that they were going to stay in the tunnel where they could see the flag, and then in the tunnel, out of view of the cameras, players could do what they were going to do. Unfortunately, they could not see the flag from the tunnel like they thought they were going to be able to. So Villy stepped out of the tunnel until he could see the flag, and he thought the rest of the team was going to step out with him. There were two parts to the plan: 1) stay in the tunnel and 2) be able to see the flag. The problem started when they couldn't see the flag from the tunnel. Villy stepped out of the tunnel thinking that 2, seeing the flag, outweighed 1, staying in the tunnel, thought the rest of the team thought the same and would follow him out. They didn't. They stayed in the tunnel. Simple misunderstanding.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

R_S

Post by R_S » Thu May 06, 2021 12:47 am

So maybe listen to the audio before buying the headline clickbait bullshit from the media. Lots of out of context, tongue in cheek(the DeCastro comment) I'm still shocked how even after the most dishonest and manipulative 4 years in the history of media, we are still gobbling up the headlines and "quotes" without knowing the context. I MEAN HELLO!

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Thu May 06, 2021 12:50 am

Thank Christ this fucking asshole is elsewhere.

Never liked him and happy as hell he's a Raven.

Watt is going to literally ass fuck this piece of shit next season.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Thu May 06, 2021 12:50 am

R_S wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:47 am
the most dishonest and manipulative 4 years in the history of media
If this means what I think it does... :roll:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Thu May 06, 2021 12:52 am

Ice wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:51 pm
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:55 pm
Jobu wrote:

Some perspective: while we're worried about the culture of our team because of what some barely above replacement level JAG has to say about Juju and Decastro after we didn't even bother to try to re-sign him, first ballot HOFer and reigning MVP Aaron Rogers is literally imploding the Packers franchise. Could be just a tiny bit worse, folks.
Aaron Rodgers has every right to implode the Packers franchise.

When he had that team on the cusp of possibly winning another ring, instead of getting him help they drafted his successor.

Rodgers should get that GM fired and THEN leave, just so they don't forget it.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

R_S

Post by R_S » Thu May 06, 2021 1:02 am

Cause drafting a qb to sit behind a hall of famer at the end of his career never happened before in Green Bay.... Probably a dumb move but the pundits saying GB didnt do enough to help poor Aaron out. Fuck. #1 scoring offense in the league last year. He has plenty of talent around him.

His fiance must want out of GB.

Rogers in a clown. It usually true when your own family doesnt talk to you.

He maybe should have put together a scoring drive in the NFCCG with one of those three opportunities he had in the 4th quarter.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Thu May 06, 2021 1:30 am

R_S wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:02 am
Cause drafting a qb to sit behind a hall of famer at the end of his career never happened before in Green Bay.... Probably a dumb move but the pundits saying GB didnt do enough to help poor Aaron out. Fuck. #1 scoring offense in the league last year. He has plenty of talent around him.

Rogers in a clown. It usually true when your own family doesnt talk to you.

He maybe should have put together a scoring drive in the NFCCG with one of those three opportunities he had in the 4th quarter.
We'll see if Jordan Love ends up a first ballot Hall of Famer, because for that pick to work out.....he needs to be exactly that.

The move to draft Rodgers while Favre was still playing well worked out....because Rodgers became one of the greatest ever.

Possibly the most talented guy ever to play the position..

Rodgers, unlike Ben, isn't at the end. He's playing his best football.

So for this imbecile to spend a first rounder on a fucking QB?

Like I said, it's greatness or bust in Green Bay when it comes to Jordan Love.

There is no argument here to be made.

Rodgers can do what he wants. That's what happens when you're one of the greatest of all time.

Whether you like him as a person or not.. I'll guarantee you he couldn't give a flying fuck what you or anybody else thinks.

He calls the shots.

Oh and one other thing? Obviously you or I aren't privy to the Rodgers family drama but I've seen interviews with his parents and his brother where I can promise you.....this isn't at all about them not speaking to Rodgers. It's 100% the other way around.

Harvey Woodlawn

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Thu May 06, 2021 2:13 am

R_S wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:02 am

She is from Boulder, CO I think. So Denver would be close to her family.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic