Confirms What We All Saw Last Season

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
User avatar
Professor Half Wit
Posts: 2387
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:23 pm

Re: Confirms What We All Saw Last Season

Post by Professor Half Wit » Mon May 17, 2021 2:19 pm

COR-TEN wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 2:14 pm
Professor Half Wit wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:31 am
Kodiak wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 5:36 am


No. As usual, you're reading comprehension sucks. I literally said the coaches suck because they had no plan B.
Yours wasn't so good above, either. :P
Kodiak thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. No matter who is in the room. He thinks he's genius with no need for humility.
Cutting people down at the knees always makes you taller. Insults like "ignorant," "dumb," and "stupid," does exactly that.
Hey, it's the off season. There's always a few chippy practices. :D

Kodiak is an eristic bastard. It's all in good fun, tho.


"We're all in strung out shape. But stay frosty, and alert."

stinger8
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:15 am

Post by stinger8 » Mon May 17, 2021 2:32 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 5:28 am
K_C_ wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:00 am
It was more than just no running game. Folks don’t want to hear it, but Ben’s arm was beyond inconsistent.

Even when he looked like shit, Ben sometimes looked to have plenty of arm strength.
I mean, you've been declaring Ben is done for 5+ years. Broken fucking record. Eventually you'll be correct, but I think almost everyone on this board knows you to be an absolute moron. At least you're consistent, in that regard, across multiple topics.

Ben absolutely still has a live arm. That surgery added years, potentially, to his career. But we don't know if he can regain the touch and accuracy that makes NFL QB's such rare animals.

Let's see what a full non-covid offseason brings. But with Tomlin and whatever clown is OC he's basically throwing left-handed.



So you already setting up the excuses, would this be akin to the only way he can fail is if the season is rigged?

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18717
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Mon May 17, 2021 4:09 pm

stinger8 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 2:32 pm
Kodiak wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 5:28 am
K_C_ wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:00 am
It was more than just no running game. Folks don’t want to hear it, but Ben’s arm was beyond inconsistent.

Even when he looked like shit, Ben sometimes looked to have plenty of arm strength.
I mean, you've been declaring Ben is done for 5+ years. Broken fucking record. Eventually you'll be correct, but I think almost everyone on this board knows you to be an absolute moron. At least you're consistent, in that regard, across multiple topics.

Ben absolutely still has a live arm. That surgery added years, potentially, to his career. But we don't know if he can regain the touch and accuracy that makes NFL QB's such rare animals.

Let's see what a full non-covid offseason brings. But with Tomlin and whatever clown is OC he's basically throwing left-handed.



So you already setting up the excuses, would this be akin to the only way he can fail is if the season is rigged?
BINGO.
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

User avatar
El Kabong
Posts: 3381
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by El Kabong » Mon May 17, 2021 10:10 pm

tunch wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:15 am
El Kabong wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:08 am
I mean, what's the alternative? Okay, the Steelers were a very average team all last season. But somehow the most overrated man in sports and his assistant coaches pulled off an 11-0 start using smoke and mirrors to use Kodiak's term. Isn't that a good thing? Wouldn't that be a credit to the coaches? Then their smoke and mirrors got figured out and there was nothing left to be done. Would you rather they went 8-8?

And no, a favorable schedule and lucky breaks alone aren't enough to get a team to 11-0.
My thesis is simple: This team was never any good, played the easiest schedule in the league, and won some close games. Then they regressed to the mean and got results like the 9-7 team they always were.

Your alternative is that the coaching was brilliant for eleven weeks but then they were figured out and OOPSY DAISY we have one of the most embarrassing collapses in NFL history but what can you do. They were figured out!

I know a good football team when I see one and it wasn't the 2020 Steelers. Your alternative sucks, but I assume your alternative lifestyle has you well accustomed to sucking.
You're...implying I'm gay because I suggested a scenario where the coaches might actually deserve credit last year? Did covid rot your brain or something?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

User avatar
El Kabong
Posts: 3381
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by El Kabong » Mon May 17, 2021 10:12 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 5:36 am
El Kabong wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:03 am
You're not giving the coaches CREDIT, are you?
No. As usual, you're reading comprehension sucks. I literally said the coaches suck because they had no plan B.

How fucking ignorant are you really? Honest question.
Or COULDN'T have a Plan B based on personnel. We don't really know what the answer is.

Not very. Honest answer.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18717
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Mon May 17, 2021 10:15 pm

El Kabong wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:10 pm
tunch wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:15 am
El Kabong wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:08 am
I mean, what's the alternative? Okay, the Steelers were a very average team all last season. But somehow the most overrated man in sports and his assistant coaches pulled off an 11-0 start using smoke and mirrors to use Kodiak's term. Isn't that a good thing? Wouldn't that be a credit to the coaches? Then their smoke and mirrors got figured out and there was nothing left to be done. Would you rather they went 8-8?

And no, a favorable schedule and lucky breaks alone aren't enough to get a team to 11-0.
My thesis is simple: This team was never any good, played the easiest schedule in the league, and won some close games. Then they regressed to the mean and got results like the 9-7 team they always were.

Your alternative is that the coaching was brilliant for eleven weeks but then they were figured out and OOPSY DAISY we have one of the most embarrassing collapses in NFL history but what can you do. They were figured out!

I know a good football team when I see one and it wasn't the 2020 Steelers. Your alternative sucks, but I assume your alternative lifestyle has you well accustomed to sucking.
You're...implying I'm gay because I suggested a scenario where the coaches might actually deserve credit last year? Did covid rot your brain or something?
Soooo....if you're crediting the coaches for 11-0, who gets the criticism for the epic, embarrassing and disastrous collapse?
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

tunch
Posts: 1150
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:35 am

Post by tunch » Mon May 17, 2021 11:46 pm

El Kabong wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:10 pm
You're...implying I'm gay because I suggested a scenario where the coaches might actually deserve credit last year? Did covid rot your brain or something?
You gargle Mike Tomlin's balls, which many say are very small and non-functional.

Sad!

Kodiak
Posts: 18580
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Post by Kodiak » Tue May 18, 2021 8:19 am

El Kabong wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:12 pm
[Or COULDN'T have a Plan B based on personnel. We don't really know what the answer is.
LMFAO. Bull...fucking...shit. That's their goddamn job.

Tomlin has a HOF GM. You honestly believe his hands are tied because of a lack of personnel? Goodness, you're almost dumb enough to work in government.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Kodiak
Posts: 18580
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Post by Kodiak » Tue May 18, 2021 8:22 am

stinger8 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 2:32 pm
So you already setting up the excuses, would this be akin to the only way he can fail is if the season is rigged?
No excuses. It's widely agreed his OC's have sucked, as has his HC. I think it's entirely reasonable to say let's see what a guy who was an MVP candidate for 11 weeks has after a full offseason.

He had major reconstructive elbow surgery, and basically no offseason. I think it's more than fair to see what he has this year before forcing him to retire. Don't throw in with the cumdumpster diving moron.

Seriously, Any time you're on the same page with the village idiot...well, that seems self-explanatory.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18717
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Tue May 18, 2021 9:50 am

Kodiak wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:22 am
stinger8 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 2:32 pm
So you already setting up the excuses, would this be akin to the only way he can fail is if the season is rigged?
No excuses. It's widely agreed his OC's have sucked, as has his HC. I think it's entirely reasonable to say let's see what a guy who was an MVP candidate for 11 weeks has after a full offseason.

He had major reconstructive elbow surgery, and basically no offseason. I think it's more than fair to see what he has this year before forcing him to retire. Don't throw in with the cumdumpster diving moron.

Seriously, Any time you're on the same page with the village idiot...well, that seems self-explanatory.
Uh oh, just because you got owned in another forum, you’re going to throw a tantrum here?

OMG this is hilarious!!

:lol:
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

Steeldrama
Posts: 606
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Steeldrama » Tue May 18, 2021 10:33 am

tunch wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:46 pm
El Kabong wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:10 pm
You're...implying I'm gay because I suggested a scenario where the coaches might actually deserve credit last year? Did covid rot your brain or something?
You gargle Mike Tomlin's balls, which many say are very small and non-functional.

Sad!
Image
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

Jobu
Posts: 11880
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Jobu » Tue May 18, 2021 11:19 am

Steeldrama wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 10:33 am
tunch wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:46 pm
El Kabong wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:10 pm
You're...implying I'm gay because I suggested a scenario where the coaches might actually deserve credit last year? Did covid rot your brain or something?
You gargle Mike Tomlin's balls, which many say are very small and non-functional.

Sad!
Image
Ummm...has anyone ever seen Chef and Shades in a room together? :shock:
Proud Bennonite since 2004 ;)

stinger8
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:15 am

Post by stinger8 » Tue May 18, 2021 2:32 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:22 am
stinger8 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 2:32 pm
So you already setting up the excuses, would this be akin to the only way he can fail is if the season is rigged?
No excuses. It's widely agreed his OC's have sucked, as has his HC. I think it's entirely reasonable to say let's see what a guy who was an MVP candidate for 11 weeks has after a full offseason.

He had major reconstructive elbow surgery, and basically no offseason. I think it's more than fair to see what he has this year before forcing him to retire. Don't throw in with the cumdumpster diving moron.

Seriously, Any time you're on the same page with the village idiot...well, that seems self-explanatory.
I think the ad hominem strategy being employed towards many people (by you and others) is indicative of the strength of your argument. What time is the service at the Benonite temple this week?

As an aside if you want laud the messiah for the 11-0 start then you have to hold him accountable for the disappointing finish, being an MVP and all.

Lastly I would have preferred a rebuild strategy get his money off the books this year but since a different strategy was chosen lets see what happens. He got the first 2 picks in the draft to add to his weapon arsenal so fingers crossed.

User avatar
El Kabong
Posts: 3381
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by El Kabong » Tue May 18, 2021 11:37 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:15 pm
El Kabong wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:10 pm
tunch wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:15 am


My thesis is simple: This team was never any good, played the easiest schedule in the league, and won some close games. Then they regressed to the mean and got results like the 9-7 team they always were.

Your alternative is that the coaching was brilliant for eleven weeks but then they were figured out and OOPSY DAISY we have one of the most embarrassing collapses in NFL history but what can you do. They were figured out!

I know a good football team when I see one and it wasn't the 2020 Steelers. Your alternative sucks, but I assume your alternative lifestyle has you well accustomed to sucking.
You're...implying I'm gay because I suggested a scenario where the coaches might actually deserve credit last year? Did covid rot your brain or something?
Soooo....if you're crediting the coaches for 11-0, who gets the criticism for the epic, embarrassing and disastrous collapse?
There is the possibility that there were some injuries perhaps to Ben or on the Oline. The premise is that the team only had average talent, the coaches found a way to win 11 times through smoke and mirrors, got found out by the league and then had no recourse due to average talent and possibly injuries.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

User avatar
El Kabong
Posts: 3381
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by El Kabong » Tue May 18, 2021 11:39 pm

tunch wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:46 pm
El Kabong wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:10 pm
You're...implying I'm gay because I suggested a scenario where the coaches might actually deserve credit last year? Did covid rot your brain or something?
You gargle Mike Tomlin's balls, which many say are very small and non-functional.

Sad!
No, I just consider the possibility that there might be a reason the offense fell off a cliff after 10 games. What's the alternative? Well, the coaches could have kept rolling the offense they rolled with for 10 games but for no reason at all they decided to exclusively go with short passes. This seems implausible to me.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

User avatar
El Kabong
Posts: 3381
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by El Kabong » Tue May 18, 2021 11:44 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:19 am
El Kabong wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:12 pm
[Or COULDN'T have a Plan B based on personnel. We don't really know what the answer is.
LMFAO. Bull...fucking...shit. That's their goddamn job.

Tomlin has a HOF GM. You honestly believe his hands are tied because of a lack of personnel? Goodness, you're almost dumb enough to work in government.
I think I've been nice on my side of these discussions, but after your most recent replies you and tunch both can go fuck yourselves. Or each other. I don't care.

I am considering that the offense looked decent until game 11, then fell off a cliff, and average talent and injuries might be the reason. How do you feel about the play of Pouncey late in the season? Is that part of the wealth of talent the Steelers had last year?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

User avatar
Stallworth16
Posts: 3960
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:22 pm

Post by Stallworth16 » Wed May 19, 2021 4:07 am

I hate to say this, but the model for how to be a successful QB near the age of 40 is Tom Brady, who I don’t particularly like, but must acknowledge his success.

In 2020, Brady used play action 7 times a game and highly effective on those plays.
I still a believer in Big Ben, but of course he should throw in some play action.

User avatar
Stallworth16
Posts: 3960
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:22 pm

Post by Stallworth16 » Wed May 19, 2021 4:09 am

Off Topic. But I just saw that 30 year old Kelvin Benjamin signed with Giants as a Tight End not WR. Been out of the league since 2018.

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Wed May 19, 2021 11:09 am

Stallworth16 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 4:09 am
Off Topic. But I just saw that 30 year old Kelvin Benjamin signed with Giants as a Tight End not WR. Been out of the league since 2018.
And apparently on the Jerome Bettis off-season plan since.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 22325
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by bradshaw2ben » Wed May 19, 2021 1:10 pm

Ice wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 11:09 am
Stallworth16 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 4:09 am
Off Topic. But I just saw that 30 year old Kelvin Benjamin signed with Giants as a Tight End not WR. Been out of the league since 2018.
And apparently on the Jerome Bettis off-season plan since.
He's in the best shape of his life?

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Wed May 19, 2021 1:47 pm

Exactly. Round is a shape.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Jobu
Posts: 11880
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Jobu » Wed May 19, 2021 2:39 pm

Stallworth16 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 4:09 am
Off Topic. But I just saw that 30 year old Kelvin Benjamin signed with Giants as a Tight End not WR. Been out of the league since 2018.
Devon Bush should be weighing in any minute now...
Proud Bennonite since 2004 ;)

Kodiak
Posts: 18580
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Post by Kodiak » Fri May 21, 2021 7:29 am

Stallworth16 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 4:07 am
In 2020, Brady used play action 7 times a game and highly effective on those plays.
I still a believer in Big Ben, but of course he should throw in some play action.
That is very interesting. But it's already been reported that Matt Canada's offense loves the shotgun.

FYI, 7 out of some 60+ plays is like 10%. That's near the bottom of the league.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

tunch
Posts: 1150
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:35 am

Post by tunch » Fri May 21, 2021 8:20 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 7:29 am

That is very interesting. But it's already been reported that Matt Canada's offense loves the shotgun.

FYI, 7 out of some 60+ plays is like 10%. That's near the bottom of the league.
The Bucs ran play actions 43% of the snaps in the Super Bowl. I watched almost every Bucs game last year. That offense evolved a lot over the season (because Bruce and Byron were trying to get Brady killed).

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs-su ... -gen-stats


I hope Canada runs a lot of pistol and a lot of play action out of the pistol. It can be done.

zeke5123
Posts: 3051
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by zeke5123 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:59 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:22 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 6:24 pm
Then Ben played like shit plenty to finish the season, outside of one good half against the Colts.
No one disputes that. There were certainly plenty of flaws and warts on display the first 11 weeks, but they did a good job with smoke and mirrors.

Then they got figured out, and with no running game and shit OL there was no Plan B. And two of those weeks the receivers dropped half a dozen passes. Certainly Ben had issues and contributed to that mess. But no QB is going to play at a consistently high level in that scenario.
In the Ravens game 6 drops might be generous. Easily could count 10 drops; maybe more if you were less forgiving.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic