Quote from CBS Sports' Adam Schein

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18717
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Quote from CBS Sports' Adam Schein

Post by K_C_ » Sat May 22, 2021 10:17 pm

“I’m telling you right now, the Bengals are going to surprise some people. They can beat Minnesota, they can beat Jacksonville, they can beat Chicago depending upon the quarterback situation, you have to see who the quarterback is in green bay, they could certainly beat the Lions and Jets to start the season. I’m going to say it again. Cincinnati can win more games than the Pittsburgh Steelers because they have a better quarterback. This is great news for the Cincinnati Bengals and the NFL.”

If Roethlisberger isn't busting his ass to prove the sports media wrong.........well, we'll see if he is, because this is the narrative these days.

I've been saying you''d be hard pressed to find ANY NFL analyst who has Ben above Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield. Now, this guy has him behind Joe Burrow, who missed a bunch of his rookie season.

This is going to be one seriously interesting year for the Pittsburgh Steelers.


"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

SteelerDayTrader
Posts: 2535
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:12 pm

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Sat May 22, 2021 11:06 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 10:17 pm


I've been saying you''d be hard pressed to find ANY NFL analyst who has Ben above Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield. Now, this guy has him behind Joe Burrow, who missed a bunch of his rookie season.
Most of those guys are media personalities who get paid for clicks.........damn few really know football.......

LJ has issues......Baker has issues.....Burrow has started his injury count and he's a Bengal......
Those 3 arent horrible......but if they HAD to win a game there isnt a GM in the NFL who would start those 3 over Ben
Gorilla Warfare

User avatar
El Kabong
Posts: 3381
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by El Kabong » Sat May 22, 2021 11:26 pm

I don't care if "the media" would rank LJ over Ben, "the media" has been overrating LJ. We shall see, but I'm not in the mood to be quaking in my boots over the coming season.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18717
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Sun May 23, 2021 12:15 am

El Kabong wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 11:26 pm
I don't care if "the media" would rank LJ over Ben, "the media" has been overrating LJ. We shall see, but I'm not in the mood to be quaking in my boots over the coming season.
Weird you singled out LJ.

Baker is routinely considered better than Roethlisberger now.

Burrow looks to be next.

LJ finally has an undisputed elite WR....and Bateman's presence will make Hollywood more dangerous.

Like I said, this is going to be a very, very interesting season.

We'll see if Ben comes out and shows the doubters or if this truly is the final go 'round.
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18717
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Sun May 23, 2021 12:19 am

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 11:06 pm
but if they HAD to win a game there isnt a GM in the NFL who would start those 3 over Ben
I would have bought what you're saying going into last season.

Now....I think you'd probably be surprised who NFL execs would choose.

Shit didn't end well for Ben. At all. He wasn't good often over the second half of the season and he's ancient.

I know, I know...you're going to come screaming back that Ben was great and is still great and....whatever.

Things are far less clear after the debacle that was the second half of last year.
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

R_S
Posts: 6301
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:55 am

Post by R_S » Sun May 23, 2021 1:54 am

I suffered through this idiots show on Mad Dog Sports a few times. He is a reactionist buffoon. Actually, he just said Jameis Winston is a dark horse candidate for NFL MVP in 2021

steelmann58
Posts: 1402
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:38 pm

Post by steelmann58 » Sun May 23, 2021 4:02 am

Don’t listen to the media think Ben going to be magical.

User avatar
anpsteel
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:47 pm

Post by anpsteel » Sun May 23, 2021 7:08 am

K_C_ wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:15 am
El Kabong wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 11:26 pm
I don't care if "the media" would rank LJ over Ben, "the media" has been overrating LJ. We shall see, but I'm not in the mood to be quaking in my boots over the coming season.
Weird you singled out LJ.

Baker is routinely considered better than Roethlisberger now.

Burrow looks to be next.

LJ finally has an undisputed elite WR....and Bateman's presence will make Hollywood more dangerous.

Like I said, this is going to be a very, very interesting season.

We'll see if Ben comes out and shows the doubters or if this truly is the final go 'round.
I am fully expecting Ben to suck.

Like seriously.


Maybe... maybe the knee played into his performance the 2nd half of the season, but I'm not putting a whole lot of stock in that argument.

Most of what I saw, was poor decision making, declining accuracy and velocity.

I hope I am wrong, but I'm anticipating a shitshow of a season.

To be wrong, will require significant improvement in the play calling and play design. Obviously much better run blocking and ... running. lol

They'll need to take the ball out of Ben's hands, a lot more.

And also, he'll need to actually connect on those deep pass interference attempts to Claypool.

Jobu
Posts: 11880
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Jobu » Sun May 23, 2021 10:10 am

Listen the guy is 39 and very possibly could be done, but what I don’t see or hear most of these so called “experts” talk about was the fact that the guy had his throwing elbow completely rebuilt.
Then throw in the fact that he had no preseason, no offseason team activities, and a restricted training camp. He was working with a new TE1 and basically 2 new WRs. He had the worst RB group in the league and his O line got old and deficient overnight. Plus, one of the dullest and most uncreative OC I’ve ever seen, and works for an organization that seemed to get the short end of the stick of every COVID decision the league made.
Certainly the end is near, but how about we let the 21 season play out and see where the chips may fall? Because frankly, any possible success that the Steelers may have, is Ben or bust.
Proud Bennonite since 2004 ;)

User avatar
RemoAZ
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:56 am

Post by RemoAZ » Sun May 23, 2021 1:38 pm

Jobu wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:10 am
Listen the guy is 39 and very possibly could be done, but what I don’t see or hear most of these so called “experts” talk about was the fact that the guy had his throwing elbow completely rebuilt.
Then throw in the fact that he had no preseason, no offseason team activities, and a restricted training camp. He was working with a new TE1 and basically 2 new WRs. He had the worst RB group in the league and his O line got old and deficient overnight. Plus, one of the dullest and most uncreative OC I’ve ever seen, and works for an organization that seemed to get the short end of the stick of every COVID decision the league made.
Certainly the end is near, but how about we let the 21 season play out and see where the chips may fall? Because frankly, any possible success that the Steelers may have, is Ben or bust.
Good post. I agree with all that and so far, the only part that might not be upgraded is the oline. I have hope that Colbert has a plan to add a vet starting caliber tackle but they've allowed the pass blocking to be shit many times in front of Ben. Colbert isn't stupid though. He has to realize the difference now is Ben can't move or take hits like he used to. I'd feel much better about this season with a vet starting at LT and the other three guys fighting it out for the right and swing spots.
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

User avatar
COR-TEN
Posts: 10848
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Post by COR-TEN » Sun May 23, 2021 2:06 pm

Jobu wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:10 am
Listen the guy is 39 and very possibly could be done, but what I don’t see or hear most of these so called “experts” talk about was the fact that the guy had his throwing elbow completely rebuilt.
Then throw in the fact that he had no preseason, no offseason team activities, and a restricted training camp. He was working with a new TE1 and basically 2 new WRs. He had the worst RB group in the league and his O line got old and deficient overnight. Plus, one of the dullest and most uncreative OC I’ve ever seen, and works for an organization that seemed to get the short end of the stick of every COVID decision the league made.
Certainly the end is near, but how about we let the 21 season play out and see where the chips may fall? Because frankly, any possible success that the Steelers may have, is Ben or bust.
Sounds about right to me.

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Sun May 23, 2021 2:09 pm

Jobu wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:10 am
Listen the guy is 39 and very possibly could be done, but what I don’t see or hear most of these so called “experts” talk about was the fact that the guy had his throwing elbow completely rebuilt.
Then throw in the fact that he had no preseason, no offseason team activities, and a restricted training camp. He was working with a new TE1 and basically 2 new WRs. He had the worst RB group in the league and his O line got old and deficient overnight. Plus, one of the dullest and most uncreative OC I’ve ever seen, and works for an organization that seemed to get the short end of the stick of every COVID decision the league made.
Certainly the end is near, but how about we let the 21 season play out and see where the chips may fall? Because frankly, any possible success that the Steelers may have, is Ben or bust.
Spot on, Jobu.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Rod & Wire Mill
Posts: 578
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:43 pm

Post by Rod & Wire Mill » Sun May 23, 2021 4:17 pm

Analyst = Anal-Cyst

Thrillsseeker
Posts: 4311
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:42 pm

Post by Thrillsseeker » Sun May 23, 2021 5:33 pm

Ice wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 2:09 pm
Jobu wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:10 am
Listen the guy is 39 and very possibly could be done, but what I don’t see or hear most of these so called “experts” talk about was the fact that the guy had his throwing elbow completely rebuilt.
Then throw in the fact that he had no preseason, no offseason team activities, and a restricted training camp. He was working with a new TE1 and basically 2 new WRs. He had the worst RB group in the league and his O line got old and deficient overnight. Plus, one of the dullest and most uncreative OC I’ve ever seen, and works for an organization that seemed to get the short end of the stick of every COVID decision the league made.
Certainly the end is near, but how about we let the 21 season play out and see where the chips may fall? Because frankly, any possible success that the Steelers may have, is Ben or bust.
Spot on, Jobu.
This for sure!!!

Rod & Wire Mill wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 4:17 pm
Analyst = Anal-Cyst
Absolutely this too!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

SteelerDayTrader
Posts: 2535
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:12 pm

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Sun May 23, 2021 5:45 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:15 am


Baker is routinely considered better than Roethlisberger now.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Gorilla Warfare

User avatar
Pabst
Posts: 2476
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Post by Pabst » Sun May 23, 2021 6:46 pm

FWIW, here is the same author at this time last year: https://www.nfl.com/news/bold-nfl-predi ... s-collapse

1) Patriots will collapse to a top-five pick in the 2021 NFL Draft
2) Raiders RB Josh Jacobs will win the rushing title
3) Jets QB Sam Darnold will become a star
4) Coach of the Year Mike McCarthy's Cowboys will be the NFC's No. 1 seed
5) Seahawks will miss the playoffs
6) Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes will throw 51 touchdown passes
7) Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster will dominate once again
8) Lions QB Matthew Stafford will lead the NFL is passing yards
9) Chargers S Derwin James will win Defensive Player of the Year

User avatar
El Kabong
Posts: 3381
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by El Kabong » Sun May 23, 2021 9:04 pm

Jobu wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:10 am
Listen the guy is 39 and very possibly could be done, but what I don’t see or hear most of these so called “experts” talk about was the fact that the guy had his throwing elbow completely rebuilt.
Then throw in the fact that he had no preseason, no offseason team activities, and a restricted training camp. He was working with a new TE1 and basically 2 new WRs. He had the worst RB group in the league and his O line got old and deficient overnight. Plus, one of the dullest and most uncreative OC I’ve ever seen, and works for an organization that seemed to get the short end of the stick of every COVID decision the league made.
Certainly the end is near, but how about we let the 21 season play out and see where the chips may fall? Because frankly, any possible success that the Steelers may have, is Ben or bust.
Agree. Also, it's not unusual for a guy to struggle his first season back after a surgery and then rebound to have a better second season back after surgery. None of us knows what's going to happen. Ben could be great, Ben could suck but there is reason for hope, and no one has any basis for saying they know FOR SURE that Ben is going to suck this year.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

Havoc
Posts: 5558
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Havoc » Sun May 23, 2021 9:16 pm

RemoAZ wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 1:38 pm
Jobu wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:10 am
Listen the guy is 39 and very possibly could be done, but what I don’t see or hear most of these so called “experts” talk about was the fact that the guy had his throwing elbow completely rebuilt.
Then throw in the fact that he had no preseason, no offseason team activities, and a restricted training camp. He was working with a new TE1 and basically 2 new WRs. He had the worst RB group in the league and his O line got old and deficient overnight. Plus, one of the dullest and most uncreative OC I’ve ever seen, and works for an organization that seemed to get the short end of the stick of every COVID decision the league made.
Certainly the end is near, but how about we let the 21 season play out and see where the chips may fall? Because frankly, any possible success that the Steelers may have, is Ben or bust.
Good post. I agree with all that and so far, the only part that might not be upgraded is the oline. I have hope that Colbert has a plan to add a vet starting caliber tackle but they've allowed the pass blocking to be shit many times in front of Ben. Colbert isn't stupid though. He has to realize the difference now is Ben can't move or take hits like he used to. I'd feel much better about this season with a vet starting at LT and the other three guys fighting it out for the right and swing spots.
Top 3 keys...

If the OL sucks, the season will suck, nothing else will matter.

The level of play we get from Highsmith.

Ben's arm of course.

As was stated in this thread and by myself multiple times in the past, often in sports after a major injury it's not until the 2nd season back from injury we get to see what the player is now going to be.
Throw. The. Football. On. First. Down.

Jobu
Posts: 11880
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Jobu » Sun May 23, 2021 9:35 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 5:45 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:15 am


Baker is routinely considered better than Roethlisberger now.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Yeah, I gotta kick outta that one too. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Proud Bennonite since 2004 ;)

Thrillsseeker
Posts: 4311
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:42 pm

Post by Thrillsseeker » Sun May 23, 2021 10:27 pm

Jobu wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 9:35 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 5:45 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:15 am


Baker is routinely considered better than Roethlisberger now.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Yeah, I gotta kick outta that one too. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Comedy gold right there.

User avatar
RemoAZ
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:56 am

Post by RemoAZ » Sun May 23, 2021 10:52 pm

Havoc wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 9:16 pm
RemoAZ wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 1:38 pm
Jobu wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:10 am
Listen the guy is 39 and very possibly could be done, but what I don’t see or hear most of these so called “experts” talk about was the fact that the guy had his throwing elbow completely rebuilt.
Then throw in the fact that he had no preseason, no offseason team activities, and a restricted training camp. He was working with a new TE1 and basically 2 new WRs. He had the worst RB group in the league and his O line got old and deficient overnight. Plus, one of the dullest and most uncreative OC I’ve ever seen, and works for an organization that seemed to get the short end of the stick of every COVID decision the league made.
Certainly the end is near, but how about we let the 21 season play out and see where the chips may fall? Because frankly, any possible success that the Steelers may have, is Ben or bust.
Good post. I agree with all that and so far, the only part that might not be upgraded is the oline. I have hope that Colbert has a plan to add a vet starting caliber tackle but they've allowed the pass blocking to be shit many times in front of Ben. Colbert isn't stupid though. He has to realize the difference now is Ben can't move or take hits like he used to. I'd feel much better about this season with a vet starting at LT and the other three guys fighting it out for the right and swing spots.
Top 3 keys...

If the OL sucks, the season will suck, nothing else will matter.

The level of play we get from Highsmith.

Ben's arm of course.

As was stated in this thread and by myself multiple times in the past, often in sports after a major injury it's not until the 2nd season back from injury we get to see what the player is now going to be.
Ben in the 2nd year back from surgery plus hopefully better offensive design and play calling make me believe Ben has a very good chance of being better this year. The fact that they paid him so much money, drafted a RB in the 1st round and did basically nothing to address the LT position seems a puzzling combination to me. Maybe they have some inside info on a June 1st cut or two.
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18717
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Sun May 23, 2021 10:57 pm

Jobu wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 9:35 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 5:45 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:15 am


Baker is routinely considered better than Roethlisberger now.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Yeah, I gotta kick outta that one too. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm guessing you guys don't watch NFL Network, Fox or ESPN, huh?

:lol:
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18717
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Sun May 23, 2021 11:00 pm

Thrillsseeker wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:27 pm
Jobu wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 9:35 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 5:45 pm


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Yeah, I gotta kick outta that one too. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Comedy gold right there.
Ben threw 4 picks in a home ASS BEATING by the Browns in the postseason.

How many times did Baker turn it over?

:roll:

Going into last season, I had Mayfield failing miserably and Cleveland looking for a QB in the draft.

They aren't, he improved a shitload and they beat the living shit out of the Steelers, IN PITTSBURGH, in the posteason.

Ben looked like shit down the stretch. Mayfield looked good.

I mean....is this fucking Bizzaro World or something?

I understand we hate the Browns, but they have the better, younger roster and Mayfield is improving while Roethlisberger most likely is in his final year as Steelers QB.

This is getting silly.
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18717
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Mon May 24, 2021 12:11 am

Pabst wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 6:46 pm
FWIW, here is the same author at this time last year: https://www.nfl.com/news/bold-nfl-predi ... s-collapse

1) Patriots will collapse to a top-five pick in the 2021 NFL Draft
2) Raiders RB Josh Jacobs will win the rushing title
3) Jets QB Sam Darnold will become a star
4) Coach of the Year Mike McCarthy's Cowboys will be the NFC's No. 1 seed
5) Seahawks will miss the playoffs
6) Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes will throw 51 touchdown passes
7) Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster will dominate once again
8) Lions QB Matthew Stafford will lead the NFL is passing yards
9) Chargers S Derwin James will win Defensive Player of the Year
That seals it!

We're gonna have a great year!
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

stairway 2 seven
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by stairway 2 seven » Mon May 24, 2021 2:56 pm

This team has weapons everywhere now. If the defense holds up and If Ben works in the off-season and comes back and plays more under center than this team is capable of making it to the bowl and winning it all.

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18717
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Mon May 24, 2021 3:51 pm

stairway 2 seven wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 2:56 pm
This team has weapons everywhere now. If the defense holds up and If Ben works in the off-season and comes back and plays more under center than this team is capable of making it to the bowl and winning it all.
The tackles on this team will dictate if those weapons will even be accessible, let alone successful.

Also let’s get a look at Muth on the field at the NFL level before we consider him a weapon.
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

zeke5123
Posts: 3051
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by zeke5123 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:56 pm

This is such a dumb post. Who cares what "everyone" thinks. Fact of the matter is that Baker hasn't done shit in his NFL career, Burrows was a disappointment before suffering a significant injury, and LJ is a kind of QB that is not long for the NFL (i.e., kind of guy that once he loses a step he becomes virtually unplayable).

Fact of the matter is Ben was having a very good season until two bad games and an extreme case of the drops. People forget that through 11 weeks he was in the running for NFL MVP. Then the drops happened which seemed to result in even more timid play calling which (coupled with a couple of bad games) resulted in the current narrative.

Is Ben done? Could be. Dude is old. Is claiming that Burrows is better than him intelligent? No, it isn't.

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18717
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Mon May 24, 2021 4:11 pm

zeke5123 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 3:56 pm
Is Ben done? Could be. Dude is old. Is claiming that Burrows is better than him intelligent? No, it isn't.
We won’t know if what Schein said was dumb or highly intelligent until this upcoming season plays out.

The point of the post is that Roethlisberger is getting SHIT ON in the sports media constantly since he fell off drastically the second half of the season (drops were far from Ben’s only issue) and I’m interested in seeing if Ben shows up ready to make these doubters pay, or if he proves them right.

It isn’t exactly rocket science.
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

Rod & Wire Mill
Posts: 578
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:43 pm

Post by Rod & Wire Mill » Mon May 24, 2021 6:05 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 4:11 pm
zeke5123 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 3:56 pm
Is Ben done? Could be. Dude is old. Is claiming that Burrows is better than him intelligent? No, it isn't.
We won’t know if what Schein said was dumb or highly intelligent until this upcoming season plays out.

The point of the post is that Roethlisberger is getting SHIT ON in the sports media constantly since he fell off drastically the second half of the season (drops were far from Ben’s only issue) and I’m interested in seeing if Ben shows up ready to make these doubters pay, or if he proves them right.

It isn’t exactly rocket science.
He’s been getting nothing but shit since Milledgeville, any begrudged respect usually in the form of whataboutist faint praise.

zeke5123
Posts: 3051
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by zeke5123 » Mon May 24, 2021 6:36 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 4:11 pm
zeke5123 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 3:56 pm
Is Ben done? Could be. Dude is old. Is claiming that Burrows is better than him intelligent? No, it isn't.
We won’t know if what Schein said was dumb or highly intelligent until this upcoming season plays out.

The point of the post is that Roethlisberger is getting SHIT ON in the sports media constantly since he fell off drastically the second half of the season (drops were far from Ben’s only issue) and I’m interested in seeing if Ben shows up ready to make these doubters pay, or if he proves them right.

It isn’t exactly rocket science.
Your first sentence is really funny because it illustrates why you are so bad at player analysis. You think results based analysis is the appropriate way to go about evaluating players. That is, if you played Mega Millions and won, you'd claim it was "highly intelligent."

The truth is that No 1 overall QBs bust -- a lot. Thus, there is a material chance Burrows busts. Add on top of that a "meh" rookie season coupled with a serious injury to his knee and well I think if you were a betting man "bust" is looking more and more likely with Burrows. Doesn't mean he can't or won't turn it around.

But if I was betting between a very aging HOF QB compared with an underwhelming injured second year QB, I know which one I am taking. Could factually be wrong but the thought process is of course correct.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic