Effin’ Ben...

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
User avatar
Ice
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Re: Effin’ Ben...

Post by Ice » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:23 pm

I would say Skip Bayless-esque in the ability to ignore all facets of reality that don't conform his single, preconceived thesis.


Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

User avatar
COR-TEN
Posts: 10848
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Post by COR-TEN » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:19 pm

I'm not adding much to this thread, but I have to say it's entertaining.

Thank "gawd" for Steeler Fury.

stinger8
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:15 am

Post by stinger8 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:11 pm

Thrillsseeker wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:13 pm
Ice wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:12 pm
So, in saying that "Ben was terrible down the stretch," while we played "an easy schedule," you're dismissing the fact that for most of those games Hassendorfer was starting at OC, the line was basically a flaming shambles, the multi-drop games, that's when the COVID scheduling really took its toll and that's when the defensive injuries became pretty much insurmountable? Ben wasn't at his best down the stretch, but there were other, big factors influencing that which you are ignoring.

He sounds like a tv analyst with his Brady ballwashing. Not to mention he’s annoying as fuck just like them too. Muting the tv is comparable to ignore button here.
I have a feeling at the Benonite temple, during the Benabling part of the service you are the guy passing the basket. You know brown jacket, wide lapels, white vinyl shoes with a buckle, white shit in the corner of your mouth making weird guttural noises. Cults are a hell of a drug :lol: :lol:

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18717
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:51 am

Ice wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:12 pm
So, in saying that "Ben was terrible down the stretch," while we played "an easy schedule," you're dismissing the fact that for most of those games Hassendorfer was starting at OC, the line was basically a flaming shambles, the multi-drop games, that's when the COVID scheduling really took its toll and that's when the defensive injuries became pretty much insurmountable? Ben wasn't at his best down the stretch, but there were other, big factors influencing that which you are ignoring.
You’re an excuse machine. Hell, Mason Rudolph and Duck Hodges have the Steelers at 10-6 and in the playoffs if JuJu doesn’t fumble away a win VS Baltimore and James Conner doesn’t fumble away a game VS San Fran when the Steelers had the lead and the ball late. This after Donte Moncrief personally looked like he tried to throw the season during the games he played.

Smith-Schuster barely played, Moncrief turned likely wins into losses, the o-line sucked and so did the running game.

The only advantage those back up’s had was the defense played great close to the entire season.

Injuries ended last year’s defensive effectiveness late.

See, I can throw out a shit ton of excuses too.

The reality was Rudolph looked okay early then was pretty terrible after the Thomas hit. Duck Hodges snuck up on the NFL….for about 3 weeks, then his lack of an arm proved glaring when defenses adjusted.

Last year, the second half of the season, Ben wasn’t the only problem but he damn sure was a problem.

If he plays like that again for a 6 or 7 game stretch in 2021, the Steelers will likely be looking at a top 10 draft pick.

I look forward to your response, Shannon Sharpe.
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:11 pm

Long as you're admitting that "doughy" and "takes Wednesdays off" were probably pretty far down the list of reasons for the Steelers late season issues last year, I'm good, dude.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18717
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:40 pm

Ice wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:11 pm
Long as you're admitting that "doughy" and "takes Wednesdays off" were probably pretty far down the list of reasons for the Steelers late season issues last year, I'm good, dude.
I think both "doughy" and "takes Wednesdays off" are long running huge problems.

One of Ben's best attributes through I would say the first half of his career was his ability to not only take hits and keep going, but his ability to be surprisingly nimble and avoid hits. To run away from them. The last few years, Ben looks like he's moving in fucking quicksand. His movement in the pocket last season was even more troubling than his accuracy problems. This was talked about ad nauseam here throughout last season. The dude looked OLD as fuck back there too often trying to move around.

Now...maybe that had to do with Ben missing a year but if I remember correctly, there wasn't any surgery done to Ben's legs. Just his elbow. Dude better have been working his ass off this past off season to improve his movement.

We'll find out soon enough if he has.

The taking Wednesday's off issue sends the wrong message to the team. Veterans having days off sure didn't look like it benefitted the Steelers as last season wore on. Pouncey was utterly embarrassing when it mattered most. Guys like Roethlisberger and Heyward were just about as bad in that Cleveland game.

I get days where veterans do light practicing, but they should be out there with their teammates. You might disagree and that's fine but I'd sure like some evidence as to how having those days off helped last year.
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:51 pm

Reducing wear and tear on surgically repaired elbow that at points had him grimacing in pain during games, maybe? The Wednesdays off, "you should be there with your teammates" thing is such a tired, HS football trope that it's barely worth bringing up. Seriously, these are grown men making millions of dollars. If that's your huge problem, don't know what to tell you. If his teammates needed motivation, I would think that him playing through that pain on Sunday to get a win would be a damn sight more inspiring than tossing a few balls around in a Wednesday practice, but I of course bow to your intimate and superior first hand knowledge of the Steelers practice schedule and inner workings of their game prep routine. It's been a fun thread, though.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Jobu
Posts: 11880
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Jobu » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:13 pm

Yeah…I’m pretty sure Ben and the other vets are there on Wednesdays, going through position group meetings and film study. And they are there on practice field, standing on the sidelines while Mason Rudolph leads the rest of the team through a light walk through.
But what the hell do I know, I’m just a dumb hick Benonite! :lol:
Proud Bennonite since 2004 ;)

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18717
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:33 pm

Ice wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:51 pm
Reducing wear and tear on surgically repaired elbow that at points had him grimacing in pain during games, maybe? The Wednesdays off, "you should be there with your teammates" thing is such a tired, HS football trope that it's barely worth bringing up. Seriously, these are grown men making millions of dollars. If that's your huge problem, don't know what to tell you. If his teammates needed motivation, I would think that him playing through that pain on Sunday to get a win would be a damn sight more inspiring than tossing a few balls around in a Wednesday practice, but I of course bow to your intimate and superior first hand knowledge of the Steelers practice schedule and inner workings of their game prep routine. It's been a fun thread, though.
Yeah, thanks for providing the evidence that the Wednesdays off helped later in the season keep everybody fresh.

Pouncey especially seemed spry and ready for that playoff run and with the ball laying there in the end zone, Ben looked raring to go grab that loose pigskin, right?

:lol:

As soon as I asked for proof the Wednesday's off helped, I knew.......this thread was probably over. Quite the finish to the season by those rested veterans.
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18717
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:34 pm

Jobu wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:13 pm
Yeah…I’m pretty sure Ben and the other vets are there on Wednesdays, going through position group meetings and film study. And they are there on practice field, standing on the sidelines while Mason Rudolph leads the rest of the team through a light walk through.
But what the hell do I know, I’m just a dumb hick Benonite! :lol:
Like I said above, those rested vets sure showed us naysayers down the stretch, huh?

:lol:
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

Thrillsseeker
Posts: 4311
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:42 pm

Post by Thrillsseeker » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:04 pm

KC and Stinger must be fun at parties.

The Two Karens should get together and discuss their tampon issues over coffee bitching and whining over our shit franchise and our shit QB that sucks and has done jack shit for us and should of been forced out years ago.

Fuck you two spoiled bitches. Go have your coffee chats and fuck off. Spoiled punk ass Bitches.

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18717
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:14 pm

Thrillsseeker wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:04 pm
KC and Stinger must be fun at parties.

The Two Karens should get together and discuss their tampon issues over coffee bitching and whining over our shit franchise and our shit QB that sucks and has done jack shit for us and should of been forced out years ago.

Fuck you two spoiled bitches. Go have your coffee chats and fuck off. Spoiled punk ass Bitches.
You're one angry cocksucker, aren't ya?

:lol:

I guess this cocksucker also can't provide any evidence that the Wednesday's off helped.

So he's mad.

:lol:
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

Thrillsseeker
Posts: 4311
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:42 pm

Post by Thrillsseeker » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:21 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:14 pm
Thrillsseeker wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:04 pm
KC and Stinger must be fun at parties.

The Two Karens should get together and discuss their tampon issues over coffee bitching and whining over our shit franchise and our shit QB that sucks and has done jack shit for us and should of been forced out years ago.

Fuck you two spoiled bitches. Go have your coffee chats and fuck off. Spoiled punk ass Bitches.
You're one angry cocksucker, aren't ya?

:lol:

I guess this cocksucker also can't provide any evidence that the Wednesday's off helped.

So he's mad.

:lol:

Always. Except when I imagine kicking your lifeless body multiple times. During that I feel happy with a permagrin like joker. Giggling and all so thanks for the moments.

Your schtick is tiring and pathetic. Carry on spoiled punk bitch.

Jobu
Posts: 11880
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Jobu » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:44 pm

Interesting…
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.c ... atform=amp

Kinda debunks a lot of fanboy theories, but I’m sure it’ll be twisted to fit the narrative. :lol:
Proud Bennonite since 2004 ;)

SteelerDayTrader
Posts: 2535
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:12 pm

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:54 pm

Lol.....Bennonite is the correct and only comical spelling....lol
Gorilla Warfare

Jobu
Posts: 11880
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Jobu » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:32 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:54 pm
Lol.....Bennonite is the correct and only comical spelling....lol
My bad… :lol:
Proud Bennonite since 2004 ;)

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18717
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:29 pm

Thrillsseeker wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:21 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:14 pm
Thrillsseeker wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:04 pm
KC and Stinger must be fun at parties.

The Two Karens should get together and discuss their tampon issues over coffee bitching and whining over our shit franchise and our shit QB that sucks and has done jack shit for us and should of been forced out years ago.

Fuck you two spoiled bitches. Go have your coffee chats and fuck off. Spoiled punk ass Bitches.
You're one angry cocksucker, aren't ya?

:lol:

I guess this cocksucker also can't provide any evidence that the Wednesday's off helped.

So he's mad.

:lol:

Always. Except when I imagine kicking your lifeless body multiple times. During that I feel happy with a permagrin like joker. Giggling and all so thanks for the moments.

Your schtick is tiring and pathetic. Carry on spoiled punk bitch.
You're only grinning like a joker when you've got a cock in your mouth.

...and you know it.

:lol:

But continue crying whenever any criticism of Roethlisberger is given. THAT isn't tiring and pathetic. No way.

:lol:
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

Thrillsseeker
Posts: 4311
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:42 pm

Post by Thrillsseeker » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:40 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:29 pm
Thrillsseeker wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:21 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:14 pm


You're one angry cocksucker, aren't ya?

:lol:

I guess this cocksucker also can't provide any evidence that the Wednesday's off helped.

So he's mad.

:lol:

Always. Except when I imagine kicking your lifeless body multiple times. During that I feel happy with a permagrin like joker. Giggling and all so thanks for the moments.

Your schtick is tiring and pathetic. Carry on spoiled punk bitch.
You're only grinning like a joker when you've got a cock in your mouth.

...and you know it.

:lol:

But continue crying whenever any criticism of Roethlisberger is given. THAT isn't tiring and pathetic. No way.

:lol:

LoL. Shut up pussy. People are over you and your tired schtick.

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:07 am

Jobu wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:32 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:54 pm
Lol.....Bennonite is the correct and only comical spelling....lol
My bad… :lol:
Hard to argue with the Mennonite Bennonite.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18717
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:42 am

Thrillsseeker wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:40 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:29 pm
Thrillsseeker wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:21 pm



Always. Except when I imagine kicking your lifeless body multiple times. During that I feel happy with a permagrin like joker. Giggling and all so thanks for the moments.

Your schtick is tiring and pathetic. Carry on spoiled punk bitch.
You're only grinning like a joker when you've got a cock in your mouth.

...and you know it.

:lol:

But continue crying whenever any criticism of Roethlisberger is given. THAT isn't tiring and pathetic. No way.

:lol:

LoL. Shut up pussy. People are over you and your tired schtick.
I don't think I will shut up, cock smoker.

:lol:

I love watching you cry whenever anybody criticizes Ben.

Like the little bitch girl you know you are deep down.

:lol:

You get so angry! I'll bet you stomp your feet.
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

stinger8
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:15 am

Post by stinger8 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:43 pm

Thrillsseeker wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:21 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:14 pm
Thrillsseeker wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:04 pm
KC and Stinger must be fun at parties.

The Two Karens should get together and discuss their tampon issues over coffee bitching and whining over our shit franchise and our shit QB that sucks and has done jack shit for us and should of been forced out years ago.

Fuck you two spoiled bitches. Go have your coffee chats and fuck off. Spoiled punk ass Bitches.
You're one angry cocksucker, aren't ya?

:lol:

I guess this cocksucker also can't provide any evidence that the Wednesday's off helped.

So he's mad.

:lol:

Always. Except when I imagine kicking your lifeless body multiple times. During that I feel happy with a permagrin like joker. Giggling and all so thanks for the moments.

Your schtick is tiring and pathetic. Carry on spoiled punk bitch.
WOW you are one really tough internet poster, threatening violence and all. "Kicking your lifeless body" while giggling sure makes you look like a sagacious and erudite individual.

Dude you have lost your argument no facts just threats. You have shown everyone here what a colossal fuckin mouth breathing knuckle dragging douchbag you are.

Maybe you should start calling yourself KILLseeker being so tough and savage.

B2B et tu??

User avatar
Professor Half Wit
Posts: 2387
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:23 pm

Post by Professor Half Wit » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:03 pm

stinger8 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:43 pm
Thrillsseeker wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:21 pm

Always. Except when I imagine kicking your lifeless body multiple times. During that I feel happy with a permagrin like joker. Giggling and all so thanks for the moments.

Your schtick is tiring and pathetic. Carry on spoiled punk bitch.
WOW you are one really tough internet poster, threatening violence and all. "Kicking your lifeless body" while giggling sure makes you look like a sagacious and erudite individual.

Dude you have lost your argument no facts just threats. You have shown everyone here what a colossal fuckin mouth breathing knuckle dragging douchbag you are.

Maybe you should start calling yourself KILLseeker being so tough and savage.

B2B et tu??
Nah. Pretty obvious this sort of outburst is primarily due to a near total absence of repartee, the virtue necessary for success in pleasant discourse.

Offseason baaaayybyyyy...
"We're all in strung out shape. But stay frosty, and alert."

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:56 pm

In other Steeler practice habit news, apparently Eddie Faulkner actually had to tell Najee Harris to leave the facility after he stayed hours after practice during minicamp, so, you know, it all evens out.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

stinger8
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:15 am

Post by stinger8 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:39 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:03 pm
stinger8 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:43 pm
Thrillsseeker wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:21 pm

Always. Except when I imagine kicking your lifeless body multiple times. During that I feel happy with a permagrin like joker. Giggling and all so thanks for the moments.

Your schtick is tiring and pathetic. Carry on spoiled punk bitch.
WOW you are one really tough internet poster, threatening violence and all. "Kicking your lifeless body" while giggling sure makes you look like a sagacious and erudite individual.

Dude you have lost your argument no facts just threats. You have shown everyone here what a colossal fuckin mouth breathing knuckle dragging douchbag you are.

Maybe you should start calling yourself KILLseeker being so tough and savage.

B2B et tu??
Nah. Pretty obvious this sort of outburst is primarily due to a near total absence of repartee, the virtue necessary for success in pleasant discourse.

Offseason baaaayybyyyy...
This crossed a line, this is abhorrent. Why is the USA so violent?? Kicking a dead person and feeling happy with a permagrin??? NOTHING at all related to being the off season. Disgusting pre season in season or off season. Grow some balls and call this shit out :roll:

User avatar
Pabst
Posts: 2476
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Post by Pabst » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:24 am

Ice wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:56 pm
In other Steeler practice habit news, apparently Eddie Faulkner actually had to tell Najee Harris to leave the facility after he stayed hours after practice during minicamp, so, you know, it all evens out.
Based on everything I've seen/read, Najee seems like a really awesome dude.

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:40 am

Can't wait to see how he looks in camp/preseason and on into the regular season, but that attitude has got to be infectious, and seems genuine, as well. Already loving the player.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

SteelerDayTrader
Posts: 2535
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:12 pm

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:56 am

The Steelers have had some pretty poisonous players the last few years

I think Najee and others are going to turn that around shortly
Gorilla Warfare

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:47 am

Be interesting, and kinda cool, if instead of having to worry which vets are going to be bad influences on the rookies, we see a rook injecting some positivity into the younger vets. I could see it happening.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Kodiak
Posts: 18580
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Post by Kodiak » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:18 pm

Not many NFL QB's had an OC who never played college ball. There are currently 2 such OC's in the entire NFL.

Only one QB has had two OC's who never played college ball...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:28 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:18 pm
Not many NFL QB's had an OC who never played college ball. There are currently 2 such OC's in the entire NFL.

Only one QB has had two OC's who never played college ball...
Now, how many QBs have had two OCs who never played college ball, one of whom was way into wife-swapping?
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic