Julio Jones to the Titans

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
Orangesteel

Julio Jones to the Titans

Post by Orangesteel » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:38 pm

Well at least we can stop hearing about how he was expected to be traded to like 25 different teams.

That’s a great offense that just got a lot better.

“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:39 pm

Oh and Cowher to the Chiefs.
“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:03 pm

Julio, AJ, Derrick Henry...Holy Shit! :shock:
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:06 pm

They better hope and pray that Dupree is the answer because the rest of that defense is not good.

Also, according to Spotrac, they now need to clear around $17m in cap space.

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:16 pm

Holy shit. I totally forgot dupree was a titan. Out of sight out of mind. . .

But yeah.
Julio, AJ, Derrick Henry...Holy Shit! :shock:
LOL
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:46 pm

But then there's Ryan Tannehill.
"Jack Lambert is mean and relentless wherever he goes, on and off the field! I do remember many times he would chase me in practice, but no way would I let him catch me" - Franco Harris

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:26 am

I think Tannehill is a good fit for that team. He’s not the greatest quarterback in the NFL but he’s pretty good when things are going OK. And that team is going to be better than average.

I expect that defense to be OK maybe not great but OK. Vrable will have them well coached at minimum.

I would put the Chiefs at the top followed by the Titans in the AFC preliminarily at least.
Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

meanjustinbarlow

Post by meanjustinbarlow » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:27 am

Julio has been banged up A LOT lately.

I am not so sure this is some kind of a move that makes Tennessee a juggernaut. I think it gives them some explosive games when Brown and Julio are on the field together but I put the over under on that at 5 games.

Meanwhile their defense is pretty dependent on Dupree and he has never shown he can be a #1.

One more year of tread on Henry and Im going to say this is a middle of the road team in 2021.

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:38 am

Pabst wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:06 pm
They better hope and pray that Dupree is the answer because the rest of that defense is not good.

Also, according to Spotrac, they now need to clear around $17m in cap space.
Be interesting to see if needing to clear that cap pops free anybody worth a look in what seems like it's going to be a buyer's market for cheap FAs.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Scunge

Post by Scunge » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:55 am

All teams play with the cap and restructure, last season they freed up nearly $8 million by restructuring Kevin Byard and this season they can easily restructure Tannehill and free up enough to be comfortable. Tannehill just signed that deal last year? So, he is due to have his first restructure.

Count me as one unimpressed with the deal, never been that huge a fan of Julio Jones. I want my #1 stud WR to score touchdowns and plenty of them, like lead the NFL or be among the leaders. 10 years, 60 TDs, averaging 6 TDs a year? 3 seasons of 3 TDs or less? Meh.

Dome games, long time partnership with a top QB, featured in offense and that is the best you can do?

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:18 pm

Scunge wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:55 am
All teams play with the cap and restructure, last season they freed up nearly $8 million by restructuring Kevin Byard and this season they can easily restructure Tannehill and free up enough to be comfortable. Tannehill just signed that deal last year? So, he is due to have his first restructure.

Count me as one unimpressed with the deal, never been that huge a fan of Julio Jones. I want my #1 stud WR to score touchdowns and plenty of them, like lead the NFL or be among the leaders. 10 years, 60 TDs, averaging 6 TDs a year? 3 seasons of 3 TDs or less? Meh.

Dome games, long time partnership with a top QB, featured in offense and that is the best you can do?
Looks like Tannehill just restructured today.

StillMadAtSlobber

Post by StillMadAtSlobber » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:16 pm

I think part of this move is to help Henry by getting someone else out of the box.
Mike Tomlin: Bringing mediocrity to the 'Burgh for over a decade.

punum123

Post by punum123 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:39 am

Bud will not have TJ - curios to see how well he does...or does not.

PennyBacker

Post by PennyBacker » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:02 pm

Scunge wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:55 am

From another perspective though, if a quarterback can't throw a physical monster like Jones open from inside the 20, then that’s on the passer.

The catch zone where defensive backs can’t physically compete with an athlete like Jones should be good for at least 5 scores a season. A quarterback worth his salt should be practicing with such an athlete so as to exploit opportunities on demand in the red zone. Because there's no defense for a perfect pass.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic