Camp

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
FC

Camp

Post by FC » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:29 pm

Things I look for heading into camp. I am still a Stoner and I will forget things.

1. Offensive tackle(S)

Green Dotson Turner are the starting interior

Most people believe Chuks and Banner have the starting tackle jobs locked down...I don't. I will be shocked if both are starters to open the season.

I have a sneaky feeling Dan Moore Jr wins a job. Name to watch for is Aviante Collins.

I expect the Steelers offensive line has a far different philosophy with blocking schemes with two new OL coaches.

2.2nd back

Who knows...What I do know is Harris is a stud. And if the offensive line doesn't improve from last season it wont matter,

3. Will this offense implode or explode.

The performance of the offensive line will dictate the success or lack of success from the offense. The Steelers have a ton of talent at receiver and a HOF QB. Canada and Ben could have some issues. If the Steelers get good OL play they are a playoff team.

4.ROLB

I like the Ingram signing. Highsmith needs to take the next step. The talent of the room is a lot better with the Ingram signing.

5. Nickel Back and SS.

The Steelers defense on paper looks pretty good. It could be great. Steelers need Edmunds to make plays and they must find the 3rd and 4th corner

I know the experts think the Steelers are done....If they hit on this draft like I think they may have...The Steelers are in the middle of a reload on the fly with a possible elite front 7 and 2 Pro Bowl Db's.

I expect

Harris
Patty Fier
Green
Moore
Johnson
Roche
Harvin

Make the team and contribute far more than expected by some.

Rod & Wire Mill

Post by Rod & Wire Mill » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:34 pm

Harvin may provide a great lift. I just can’t understand why a good punter never seems to be a high priority.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:36 pm

I too am eager to see what’s in store with the OL, particularly at OT. If they can get average play out of the OTs, they’re going to win a lot of games.

I just need Canada to get this offense the occasional easy play—scheme someone open, get a favorable matchup in the run game, a walk in TD once in a while. Add some easy plays from time to time and the Steelers offense will be great.
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3× 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

beerbrother

Post by beerbrother » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:42 pm

I am still a Stoner and I will forget things.
Have an appointment with a neurologist next week.
May need to use this line if I screw up on a memory test.
"Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity"

beerbrother

Post by beerbrother » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:44 pm

Think the oline could be better than last year. Keeping an optimistic point of view.
"Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity"

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:30 pm

Looking forward to seeing ROLB shake out now, and definitely somewhere between nervous and excited about the youth movement at DB and OL. Psyched to see Najee take some live snaps, how's the arm on Ben... lots of new faces, gonna be one of the more interesting camp/preseasons in a while.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:27 am

Hoping Moore can be this year's Dotson. Collins looks like an athlete that needed time to add size and strength. He's had that time so it will be interesting to see what he can become. We certainly need some good luck on the oline this season. That's the key.
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

blu

Post by blu » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:00 pm

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who had a smile seeing a post from our resident football/Steeler guru, FC. FC's posts were what attracted me to Stillers (that & the many times hysterical content) & what drew me to continue here at Steeler Fury. There are other posters who definitely have excellent football/Steelers acumen & it's not necessary to mention them as you guys know who are but its always nice to go with the one who brung you.
FC, perhaps, you can be convinced to re-start your weekly game analysis. It's good to hear it on the broadcast but when its on the screen - I can easily re-read it a second or third time.

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:25 pm

blu wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:00 pm
I'm sure that I'm not the only one who had a smile seeing a post from our resident football/Steeler guru, FC. FC's posts were what attracted me to Stillers (that & the many times hysterical content) & what drew me to continue here at Steeler Fury. There are other posters who definitely have excellent football/Steelers acumen & it's not necessary to mention them as you guys know who are but its always nice to go with the one who brung you.
FC, perhaps, you can be convinced to re-start your weekly game analysis. It's good to hear it on the broadcast but when its on the screen - I can easily re-read it a second or third time.
I second this. FC's pre game analysis was always excellent.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Steeldrama

Post by Steeldrama » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:03 pm

Always good to see an FC post

I’m most interested to see if Ben and Canada can revive the offense

I’d like to see a veteran back like AP brought in to back up my guy Najee.

On defense I’m worried about the secondary.
If Pierre is indeed a player I’d like to see Haden play some of the mike Hilton role.

Sign Malik Hooker
Another ball hawk back there couldn’t hurt
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:14 pm

They signed an OT named Chaz Green today, whoever that is.
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:35 pm

RemoAZ wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:14 pm
Former 3rd round pick who has bounced around the league. He's RT depth at best.

Havoc

Post by Havoc » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:13 pm

IMO Colbert has done enough work to give us a tangible chance to turn it around this season. We'll see how it plays out.

Really looking forward to seeing our remade OL. Much of what happens this seasons depends on it.

Also, looking forward to seeing what we get from Highsmith/Ingram. If we get impact play from that position, the defense could be formidable.
Last edited by Havoc on Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Throw. The. Football. On. First. Down.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:14 pm

@Steeldrama i agree about the desire to bring in another RB, but I’d rather a young guy with some juice than a vet, even Adrian Peterson.
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3× 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:25 pm

If we don’t bring in a solid RB to add to the stable I have serious doubts about this season getting a Lombardi
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare

🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

DonnieBrasco

Post by DonnieBrasco » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:45 pm

RemoAZ wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:14 pm
With a first name like that, he likely enjoys drinking Monsters and punching holes in walls

FC

Post by FC » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:41 am

Thanks for the kind words.

I think I may start another thread about the 53 man roster

Roeth2Rudolph

Post by Roeth2Rudolph » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:53 am

In my mind, the success of this offense hinges on two things. Kendrick Green being the player Colbert feels he's capable of being, and Clank Johnson consistently catching the football. Those two things happen and we're going places.

R_S

Post by R_S » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:08 am

blu wrote:
Good Lord man. I've read this story multiple times over the years. Every time FC makes an appearance there are about 3-4 posters guaranteed to show up and slip their tongues up his ass. This is no slight to FC. Actually a compliment in a way.

Scunge

Post by Scunge » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:58 am

Regardless of whether or not this is Ben's last season, I am super excited because this is really the beginning of the next era of Steeler football.

This team has youth everywhere, real competition for starting spots, and 3-4 years from now we may have a championship level team and might look back and circle those 2019-2020-2021 drafts as a big reason why.

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:48 pm

R_S wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:08 am
blu wrote:
Good Lord man. I've read this story multiple times over the years. Every time FC makes an appearance there are about 3-4 posters guaranteed to show up and slip their tongues up his ass. This is no slight to FC. Actually a compliment in a way.
And an opportunity for you to demean the poster. The guy was complimenting FC and you decided to insult him. Nice.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Ice

Post by Ice » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:52 pm

How bout we call this the 2021 Camp Thread and keep it to camp information and reactions only? Just a thought.

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:55 pm

Ice wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:52 pm
How bout we call this the 2021 Camp Thread and keep it to camp information and reactions only? Just a thought.
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare

🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

stinger8

Post by stinger8 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:03 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:25 pm
If we don’t bring in a solid RB to add to the stable I have serious doubts about this season getting a Lombardi
So a solid back up running back is what is holding us back from a SUPER BOWL LOLZ

blu

Post by blu » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:26 pm

R_S wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:08 am
blu wrote:
R_S, one thing for sure, no one has ever looked forward to any of your posts like we did on Stillers & do on Steeler Fury for FC's. How does it feel to be a Steeler Fury troll? You don't need to reach your tongue in anybody's ass as you most probably bend over & suck on your own dick at every opportunity.

Roeth2Rudolph

Post by Roeth2Rudolph » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:17 pm

blu wrote:
I'm sure that I'm not the only one who had a smile seeing a post from our resident football/Steeler guru, FC. FC's posts were what attracted me to Stillers (that & the many times hysterical content) & what drew me to continue here at Steeler Fury. There are other posters who definitely have excellent football/Steelers acumen & it's not necessary to mention them as you guys know who are
Thank ya blu, thank ya... We aim to please here.

R_S

Post by R_S » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:04 am

stinger8 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:03 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:25 pm
So a solid back up running back is what is holding us back from a SUPER BOWL LOLZ
Well there is a precedent for this. Who was it, Ben Tate off the couch? Tomlin will run the wheels of Najeh and there is a high probability he will miss some games. Pray its not week 17 and beyond.

Ice

Post by Ice » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:03 am

Yeah, I don't think that take is off base. The depth behind Harris is trash. Basically the same worst RB room in the league from last year minus Conner. Definitely needs an upgrade, and the way you know Tomlin and Co. are going to deploy Harris, it could very well bite us late-season if it's not addressed.

Sure there are multiple other variables, but that's a no-brainer.

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:13 pm

Antoine Brooks Jr. intercepted Ben Roethlisberger from the slot today, and afterward, Roethlisberger went over to Brooks to compliment the second-year DB.

"He's filling Mike Hilton's shoes, who's been a rock on that defense ...For him to make that play, .. I was happy for him"
— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) July 22, 2021
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:54 pm

Ice wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:03 am
and the way you know Tomlin and Co. are going to deploy Harris, it could very well bite us late-season if it's not addressed.
And you have to consider the "rookie wall". Plus, that infamous "380 touches" or whatever redline gets a lot closer with an extra game.

Could totally see Najeh run into the ground by midseason.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic