Worst Super Bowl Party

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
shellwagnerblount

Worst Super Bowl Party

Post by shellwagnerblount » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:27 am

As the season starts for STeeler fans tomorrow, I thought it would be fun to remininsce before we are all at each other's throats over the backup tackles etc..lol.

My worst experience was watching the STeelers lose to Green Bay. I had invited a few friends who I THOUGHT were actual football fans (turns out they talked a good game but weren't much interested when the kickoff started the festivities. They talked about everything BUT football for 3 hours. A bunch of kids under 5 years ended up in my basement with their mom's (long story..let's just say they had an event planned and my wife came to their rescue when the venue suddenly wasn't available). That made it crowded, noisy and the focus became where did little Natasha leave her shoes and not why is Aaron Rodgers carving my team up! I didn't watch a highlight , no kidding, for 3 years. and I"VE NEVER watched the whole game in its entirety again, I cannot do it. IT's not the game but the memory of my idiocy in selecting PRECISELY the wrong fellow watchers for the most important game in football. And I believe I jinxed them....sigh.

I remember living in that din of noise, watching the Steelers lose and realizing that I would never EVER watch a game of importance to me with a crowd who didn't really care again. I watched almost every single STeelers SB game alone, with the exception of STeelers/Cowboys X111 but everyone in the room was rooting for SOMEONE on the field, unlike this game in question. The fact that I was the lone Steeler fan made the win all the sweeter. But I respected those guys, most of whom knew far more about the game than I did at that point...lol