Mike Tomlins a fuckin dope

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
swissvale72

Mike Tomlins a fuckin dope

Post by swissvale72 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:06 am

But we knew that, right!! Fourth fuckin down and a yard to go, nine minutes left; down two scores against a team that you haven't exactly been able to stop, and you punt the fuckin ball???

Mike Tomlin = gameday dumbfuck

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:08 am

It was less than half a yard to go on fourth down, Swiss.

Makes it even worse.

I literally could not believe my eyes when the offense walked off the field.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:10 am

swissvale72 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:06 am
But we knew that, right!! Fourth fuckin down and a yard to go, nine minutes left; down two scores against a team that you haven't exactly been able to stop, and you punt the fuckin ball???

Yup. Can't defend that decision. Game was an overall disaster, but that was terrible.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:12 am

Why should we be surprised. He did the same in a win or go home situation last season.
And they just extended this clown…
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:15 am

swissvale72 wrote:

He’s a giant bitch and we will never win another ring with this dipshit at the helm.
“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

zeke5123

Post by zeke5123 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:18 am

Analytically it is awful. The math tells you to go for it without thinking.

In the context of the game it was even worse since the D was decimated and the odds of them getting two quick stops were almost nil.

In the context of the season…your O is young and struggling. Way to show zero confidence.

I don’t mean to overstate it but that was a fireable offense. He had months to rethink his Cleveland decision and somehow made a worse one. He should be relieved of duties.

langer

Post by langer » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:28 am

It's worth considering that he's doing this on purpose, for reasons other than "tryinta win a game out ther eman."

Very weird that it's almost his calling card.
"So, we have to proceed with caution, but when you’re pursuing greatness, risk-taking is a part of it. Calculated risk-taking. That’s what you’re talking about when you’re drawing up big plays schematically.”

shellwagnerblount

Post by shellwagnerblount » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:30 am

K_C_ wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:08 am
It was less than half a yard to go on fourth down, Swiss.

Makes it even worse.

I literally could not believe my eyes when the offense walked off the field.
As some of you know, I was a long time Tomlin supporter. Loved the hire and what he was able to do with young guys and his motivational abilities a la Cowher.

So it hurts a little to say that last year's loss was a killshot to my hopes that he would improve on his inadequacies that even the mainstream press will list if pressed on the issue. Except for certain PG reporters...lol..

That call today brought back the playoff game immediately and I choked on my sandwich as "the offense walked off the field". It's emblematic of a guy whose catch phrase about NOT living in his fears has proven a total falsehood.

That being said, I look at this team as in rebuild mode. Maybe we'll get lucky and Cool Shades will leave with Big Ben?? It's our only hope. WE know he s here for as long as he wants with his never had a losing season commemorative wreath on his office front door...lol

I like a lot of the young guys we have. But we need a better HC and sad to say. better QB to lead them further down the road. Ben looks the part of the old warrior on his last legs.. hope that impression isn't what the rest of this year bodes for him and the Steelers.

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:47 am

He surrendered the game on that play. Is it apathy? There doesn't seem to be any desperate will to win anymore. .500 is the goal and that seems to be acceptable throughout the organization. Greatness, superbowls...those things aren't even talked about anymore. Tomlin is a huge personality and great talker but only an average coach that leads an organization with a great history and very average last decade and counting.
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

Jizz Mop

Post by Jizz Mop » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:59 am

The decision to not go for it was:

Gutless
Stupid
Typical

Down 5 starters on D? And you punt it back to them? Down two scores?

Brilliant.

How ppl still, fucking still support this dumbass is astounding.

Roeth2Rudolph

Post by Roeth2Rudolph » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:01 am

swissvale72 wrote:
But we knew that, right!!
Yeah, some of us longer than others. :lol:

Post by 955876 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:15 am

Jobu wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:12 am
Why should we be surprised. He did the same in a win or go home situation last season.
And they just extended this clown…
I new as soon as Muth was a cunt hair short that ole Jibba Jabba was bringing out his punt unit.

Had zero doubt in my mind and wasn’t surprised one bit.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:20 am

Same shit in the Cleveland playoff game. There's actually living, breathing human beings walking the earth that think he's a great head coach. Amazing.
"Jack Lambert is mean and relentless wherever he goes, on and off the field! I do remember many times he would chase me in practice, but no way would I let him catch me" - Franco Harris

Post by 955876 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:20 am

zeke5123 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:18 am

In the context of the game it was even worse since the D was decimated and the odds of them getting two quick stops were almost nil.

In the context of the season…your O is young and struggling. Way to show zero confidence.

I don’t mean to overstate it but that was a fireable offense. He had months to rethink his Cleveland decision and somehow made a worse one. He should be relieved of duties.
And is too dumb to realize by punting, he is guaranteed to need his defense to make two stops vs potentially one if they convert the 4th down and go on to score.

Notice how there are almost literally no more Tomlin supporters on this board?

As much as us asshats disagree on shit??

You have to be a special kind of ducking stupid to put this place in unanimous agreement.

That is quite the feat.

BouldernBun

Post by BouldernBun » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:24 am

You know it is only week 2 but I am sitting here watching KC/Balt...saw some TB hi lights earlier.. Watched LAC and The Cowpukes.. Ben could not make any of those teams. Tomlin is even worse than McCarthy (and I hate him) imho, A great defense will take you a long ways but it is hard to overcome Coach and an age hobbled future HOFer who is not going to have a pre retirement SB victory ala Denver and Manning , bless Bens heart. There is a steep dropoff after the few elite TEAMS (not that LAC or Daldung are elite) ,the few elite coaches, and the rest of the heap. We are rest of the heap. Still, looking forward to a healthy defense providing us with some memorable games this season despite The Pope, our core of the future (what we have so far) working towards a SB in years to come and flashes of days gone by from #7 until the O Line gets him killed. Not throwing in the towel but the more things stay the same, the more they stay the same :shock:

What IS this teams fascination with Ebron?

StillerDownSouth

Post by StillerDownSouth » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:28 am

All we can hope for at this point is a 4-5 win season, a top 5 pick and for Tomlin and Ben both to be gone. Good news is it seems young QB’s can come in and play well fairly quickly. I’m so tired of watching this POS offense.

Jizz Mop

Post by Jizz Mop » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:28 am

955876 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:20 am
zeke5123 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:18 am

And is too dumb to realize by punting, he is guaranteed to need his defense to make two stops vs potentially one if they convert the 4th down and go on to score.

Notice how there are almost literally no more Tomlin supporters on this board?

As much as us asshats disagree on shit??

You have to be a special kind of ducking stupid to put this place in unanimous agreement.

That is quite the feat.
Tomlin’s approval rating at an all-time low here at Fury

Took a while for some….but I would love to hear from whoever still believes this dipshit is a good HC

Don’t be shy…state your case

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:40 am

Let's not forget that Tomlin was outcoached by the Browns' special teams coordinator in last year's playoff game. Stepanski was in COVID protocol watching in quarantine from his mancave. And the shit stain Art II gives Cool Shades an extension.
Last edited by JackLambert58 on Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Jack Lambert is mean and relentless wherever he goes, on and off the field! I do remember many times he would chase me in practice, but no way would I let him catch me" - Franco Harris

Steeler Owl

Post by Steeler Owl » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:41 am

There were posters in other threads who heartily approved of the punt call.

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:42 am

Steeler Owl wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:41 am
Rubes

Post by 955876 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:47 am

StillerDownSouth wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:28 am
All we can hope for at this point is a 4-5 win season, a top 5 pick and for Tomlin and Ben both to be gone. Good news is it seems young QB’s can come in and play well fairly quickly. I’m so tired of watching this POS offense.
The bad news is Dunce is too much of a fucking pussy to ever fire Jibbs which means his stank is going to ooze all over the young QB.

BouldernBun

Post by BouldernBun » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:50 am

Steeler Owl wrote:
It actually worked out but to me it is the mindset. Predictable. Is there a coach that took more timeouts into the the locker room with him 1920-2021 stat. Predictable. What is even stranger is that when he tries to be unpredictable, it is predictable.

tunch

Post by tunch » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:00 am

BouldernBun wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:50 am
Steeler Owl wrote:
It actually worked out but to me it is the mindset. Predictable. Is there a coach that took more timeouts into the the locker room with him 1920-2021 stat. Predictable. What is even stranger is that when he tries to be unpredictable, it is predictable.
Yeah, it worked out great.

All it cost was two and a half minutes, two yards, a timeout, and any realistic chance at winning the game.

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:01 am

We LITERALLY call him "Puntlin".....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

BouldernBun

Post by BouldernBun » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:06 am

tunch wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:00 am
BouldernBun wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:50 am
Steeler Owl wrote:
Yeah, it worked out great.

All it cost was two and a half minutes, two yards, a timeout, and any realistic chance at winning the game.
:lol: :lol: Well there is that

Steeler Owl

Post by Steeler Owl » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:13 am

Thats like saying when Cowher went for the FG against NE in the AFC championship game it worked out because the Steelers made the FG.

Dont forget also the Raiders made a first down after the punt--there goes another minute--and then SCORED on their second possession after the Steelers got 3.

By punting Dumblin almost guaranteed the Raiders two possessions meaning two D stops by a unit missing five starters and had not been stopping Oakland all day.

I know nothing about analytics but I guarantee analytics dictate going for it in that situation.

BouldernBun

Post by BouldernBun » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:16 am

Scoop, there it is.

BouldernBun

Post by BouldernBun » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:19 am

I got my mind right boss ;)

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:41 am

Ben on Tomlin not going for it on 4th and 1

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/statu ... 7201381381
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:42 am

Steeler Owl wrote:
50% of the population has a vagina.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic