FA the Steelers could sign to upgrade both lines!

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
alancac98

FA the Steelers could sign to upgrade both lines!

Post by alancac98 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:55 am

Any interest in any of these guys and what would it take/cost to get them suited up!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/6-potentia ... 16912.html

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:30 am

alancac98 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:55 am
Any interest in any of these guys and what would it take/cost to get them suited up!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/6-potentia ... 16912.html
Yet they sit on their hands and do nothing. Pathetic.
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

Scunge

Post by Scunge » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:04 am

None of those guys on that list are any damn good!

We have options, I think Banner when he gets back on the active roster, I think he rotates with Chuks at RT for a couple games until he is fully up to speed and then takes over the RT job for the rest of the season.

The NT position is probably the position with the least amount of snaps on defense. If Tuitt comes back he will team with Cam in those DT looks and Isaiah Buggs and Carlos Davis can play at NT for the time being. Buggs is close in style to Alualu and Davis is more of a Hargrave athletic type. Loudermilk and Wormley round out a very deep position group. No help is needed.

steelmann58

Post by steelmann58 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:30 am

They need a vet tackle

Scunge

Post by Scunge » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:39 am

Well, I think the way the Steelers look at the situation they promote Banner to RT and they have Chuks as the backup to both spots, he will have started 19 games at that point, and people keep forgetting that Joe Haeg started 38 games his first 5 years in the NFL.

So if your starters are Moore and Banner, and you have the 3rd and 4th tackles with a combined 57 games of experience, why sign a vet tackle?

Not saying I agree with what they have done but that seems to be their rationale. I am okay with it honestly, why not see what we have in Moore and Banner? That way we know whether we have to invest high picks in the next draft. But you sign a vet, start him as a stop gap and don’t find out about Moore or Banner and then wish you had used the past 17 game season to find out. This is a rebuilding year, I don’t care what they claim.

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:11 pm

I just watched some running plays on BTSC.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2 ... n-moore-jr

This O line is bad. Nobody can really run block, and they look lazy as hell. Not holding blocks for more than a couple of seconds, guys whiffing, running downfield blocking a safety when the play was dead at the LOS. Green has a good motor, but he's getting pushed aside and not taking the right angles - as are others. Turner, so far, looks like he's on skates and watches plays unfold. Dotson had a bad game, and so did okafor. They came out flat, and looked like backups against starters in a preseason game.

Ugh.

I hope Buggs and C Davis can do something in the bengals game, along with Johnson at OLB. Because this offense is going to struggle to put 20 on the board.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

ToddHaleysNineIron

Post by ToddHaleysNineIron » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:19 pm

on the behindthesteelcurtain link...

the first play, kendrick green misses his block, from the endzone camera it's clear... from the sideline camera it makes it look like he's going after the other guy. That wasn't the case. If Green hits this block, Najee probably makes first contact with a head of steam 4 yards past the LOS.. he's tough to bring down so who knows what that turns into.
SteelerDayTrader, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:47 pm

The Steelers need to simplify their blocking scheme. Maybe a full on zone scheme in both the run and pass game. A guy crosses your face, you block him. Stop all this pulling and trapping…too many moving parts.
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:05 am

Jobu wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:47 pm
The Steelers need to simplify their blocking scheme. Maybe a full on zone scheme in both the run and pass game. A guy crosses your face, you block him. Stop all this pulling and trapping…too many moving parts.
I endorse this suggestion.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic