Re: MNF - Go Colts

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:19 pm

Pabst wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:04 pm
JFC people......

Baltimore's wins have come via:
- An OT win vs the worst defense in the NFL
- A last second NFL record FG over the 0-5 Lions
- An OT win over the 1-4 Colts (who missed 2 FGs and and extra point)
- A win over a mediocre Denver team who's QB was knocked out in the first half

Yay for them on their 4-1 record, but that's hardly an impressive resume.
It will even out…it always does. Hopefully it won’t be next year. LaMar has been putting the ball on the ground a ton. Lady Luck has been smiling on them for sure. Thanks for the recap to put their poser record in perspective. This type of luck will either swing the other way this season or they might just ride it to a ring.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:21 pm

Steelperch wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:38 pm
Ravens D is ass. They should be 1-4 right now if not for three games with totally flukey 4th quarters where something extraordinary had to happen for them to win, including the opponents turtling away a win.
This stuff seems to happen for them a lot.
So I ask, when do we stop calling it luck and admit that they make the “flukey” stuff happen? Harbaugh, doche bag that he is, always has his team playing with an edge. They don’t sit back and wait for things to happen, they make them happen. Did you see the way their defense was attacking the LOS on the Colts drive that ended with the blocked FG? They have winning schemes on both sides of the football…they dictate the action constantly.
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:23 pm

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:19 pm
Pabst wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:04 pm
JFC people......

Baltimore's wins have come via:
- An OT win vs the worst defense in the NFL
- A last second NFL record FG over the 0-5 Lions
- An OT win over the 1-4 Colts (who missed 2 FGs and and extra point)
- A win over a mediocre Denver team who's QB was knocked out in the first half

Yay for them on their 4-1 record, but that's hardly an impressive resume.
It will even out…it always does. Hopefully it won’t be next year. LaMar has been putting the ball on the ground a ton. Lady Luck has been smiling on them for sure. Thanks for the recap to put their poser record in perspective. This type of luck will either swing the other way this season or they might just ride it to a ring.
"Worst 4-1 team ever"
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3× 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:43 pm

Jobu wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:21 pm
Steelperch wrote:
Ravens D is ass. They should be 1-4 right now if not for three games with totally flukey 4th quarters where something extraordinary had to happen for them to win, including the opponents turtling away a win.
So I ask, when do we stop calling it luck and admit that they make the “flukey” stuff happen? Harbaugh, doche bag that he is, always has his team playing with an edge. They don’t sit back and wait for things to happen, they make them happen. Did you see the way their defense was attacking the LOS on the Colts drive that ended with the blocked FG? They have winning schemes on both sides of the football…they dictate the action constantly.

Won't speak for anyone else, but I'm not calling it luck. I'm saying if you need to kick/scrape and make extremely aggressive playcalls to barely escape the dregs of the NFL, then perhaps your team is not as good as your record would indicate.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:01 pm

Pabst wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:43 pm
Jobu wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:21 pm
Steelperch wrote:

Won't speak for anyone else, but I'm not calling it luck. I'm saying if you need to kick/scrape and make extremely aggressive playcalls to barely escape the dregs of the NFL, then perhaps your team is not as good as your record would indicate.
Fair enough…
Probably explains their playoff failures the past several years. Their style allows them to pile up regular season wins and get in the tournament. Once there, playing with that edge isn’t enough. You need to be good also…especially at the QB position.
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

DP39

Post by DP39 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:10 pm

What a crazy game last night. Perch, B2B and some others are right. The Ravens should/could easily be 1-4. I've seen all of their games, including all of last night's game.

Frank Reich coached -- and the Colts played, a great game against the paper tiger Ravens for over three quarters, then they have three DBs go down (along with their kicker) and then made the mistake of puckering around the 6-7 minutes left mark. I could tell it was an immediate mistake when they ran the ball into a stacked D twice in a row and Hairbaugh started using his timeouts.

On O, the Colts blinked for a second and stopped doing what got them to that point...and turtled. My guess: it was due solely to the injuries they had on D and STs.

The refs blew several major calls -- the backwards lateral was a bad one, and the rest was history.

That Ravens comeback had a feeling of that '93 “The Comeback" playoff game where the QB, Frank Reich, was on the winning side of the ball.

The NFL and its media wants so desperately for Lamar to be the face; it's so obvious. Lamar completes a simple/normal pass that a JV player makes and it's "a great throw" every single time. Lamar fucks up to the level of a third stringer and nothing is said -- until he does it over and over, then it's..."Lamar is great, but he has a few small things he could do better." It's too funny.

That dude with even just 4.6 speed (and less wiggle) is told to hold a clipboard, become a DB/WR or some shit.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:13 pm

Jobu wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:01 pm
Fair enough…
Probably explains their playoff failures the past several years. Their style allows them to pile up regular season wins and get in the tournament. Once there, playing with that edge isn’t enough. You need to be good also…especially at the QB position.
Agree.

But if I may put it a bit differently: Harbaugh takes a ton of calculated risks. Lets use going for it on 4th down as an example - Going for it on 4th and 2 from your own 40 may have a 70% chance of success (I'm making this number up). That's a good risk to take, but.....you are still going to fail 30% of the time, be it from a dropped pass, good defensive play, etc. Teams like Indianapolis and Detroit aren't likely to capitalize if you don't get a first down, but a team like Buffalo sure as shit will. To echo your point, a perfect example of this was the 2019/20 playoff game vs the Titans.

All I'm saying is that something that works well vs. a bad team isn't necessarily repeatable against a good team.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:15 pm

Pabst wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:13 pm
Jobu wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:01 pm
Fair enough…
Agree.

But if I may put it a bit differently: Harbaugh takes a ton of calculated risks. Lets use going for it on 4th down as an example - Going for it on 4th and 2 from your own 40 may have a 70% chance of success (I'm making this number up). That's a good risk to take, but.....you are still going to fail 30% of the time, be it from a dropped pass, good defensive play, etc. Teams like Indianapolis and Detroit aren't likely to capitalize if you don't get a first down, but a team like Buffalo sure as shit will. To echo your point, a perfect example of this was the 2019/20 playoff game vs the Titans.

All I'm saying is that something that works well vs. a bad team isn't necessarily repeatable against a good team.
Agreed.

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:20 pm

drmalba wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:41 pm
fractalsteel wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:48 pm
drmalba wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:41 am

I can see what you mean. We definitely had no need of a guy who can singlehandedly put up 500 scrimmage yards in a single game.
If the Steelers had drafted Jackson what makes you think that Tomlin could maximize his generational kind of talent? We all know he couldn't and most likely Jackson would be a gimmick guy and after three years we would all be complaining about him being a bust.
Simple. a) I don't think Tomlin is the clueless moron everyone says he is here, and b) I don't think its *entirely* his job or responsibility to do that.
Do I think in this fantasy Jasckson would have sat until at least last season? Probably yes. But at some point his sheer athletic ability would be too compelling to ignore. For sure I think our current OC might be a lot more comfortable calling his RPOs with someone like Lamar back there.

Now if your point is that the Steelers as an organization are too conservative by nature to do what Baltimore did, and design their entire offense around one guy's skillset, that is a more reasonable debate.
But I do not believe Tomlin himself would be any obstacle there. He's just a convenient punching bag here for a bunch of folks with pre-programmed agendas.
First off, don't lump me in the 'everyone' crowd here that thinks Tomlin is dumb. I think he is very smart but he is arrogant and stubborn and slow to change, glacially slow.

Has Tomlin really changed in his coaching approach the last 15 years?

You don't think it is part of his job to take a Jackson kind of talent and work with others to maximize it? Plenty of younger HC's in the NFL now that design their offenses and let the coordinators call the plays.

Aside from thinking he is arrogant and stubborn the only other belief I have of him going forward is that he is never going to win another SB with the Steelers.
If Tomlin is the coach for the next 5-10 years it is going to be much like it has been the last 10 years.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:46 pm

jeemie wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:29 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:04 pm
jeemie wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:44 pm

Two things may be true simultaneously.

The Steelers are mediocre.

Lamar Jackson chokes in the playoffs and will continue to choke in the playoffs.
I’m talking about the Steelers the last decade.

Lamar has struggled but they moved on last season.

Ben didn’t and was far worse when it mattered.
It doesn’t matter what you’re talking about.

What I said was true until Lamar shows it’s not.
He got the playoff monkey off his back.

Dude isn't winless.

He struggled for sure, but prevailed.

Dude wasn't 1-and--done like the Steelers.

He didn't throw 5 picks and watch a live football laying in the end zone.

Dude definitely needs to play better in the postseason and I wouldn't count on him struggling forever.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Roeth2Rudolph

Post by Roeth2Rudolph » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:49 pm

Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:49 am
Roeth2Rudolph wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:22 am
Orangesteel wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:01 am
I’m fine with Lamar having games like this. You know, and I know, the dude will not win a ring in Baltimore. Sure he might make it tough for us to win the division every year, but he puts up numbers like this every once in a while they are going to have to pay him 300MM dollars.

They will be sacked with that for a long time. He’s skilled but he’s way to inconsistent and very haphazard with the ball.

You know it and I know it.
Jackson is a fuckin retard nearly as stupid as Tomlin. The NFL has made it possible, through rule changes, for qb's as stupid as this to play winning football in the league today. Imagine this guy trying to play ball in the 90s lol
I think the same thing. I also can't see how any defense doesn't drill him. He has no fear running the football, like the other when he tried stiff arming a defensive player. It almost looks like the defense purposely doesn't try hitting him hard while he's running.
Yeah I don't envy the guys trying not to get penalized for hitting qbs like him. It's more like they're penilized.

Stillchest

Post by Stillchest » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:59 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:46 pm
jeemie wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:29 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:04 pm

I’m talking about the Steelers the last decade.

Lamar has struggled but they moved on last season.

Ben didn’t and was far worse when it mattered.
It doesn’t matter what you’re talking about.

What I said was true until Lamar shows it’s not.
He got the playoff monkey off his back.

Dude isn't winless.

He struggled for sure, but prevailed.

Dude wasn't 1-and--done like the Steelers.

He didn't throw 5 picks and watch a live football laying in the end zone.

Dude definitely needs to play better in the postseason and I wouldn't count on him struggling forever.
I know you’re a huge Lamar fan.

That’s your prerogative.

But…must you make your point about Lamar, while trashing on the Steelers, a team you’re supposedly a fan of?

I don’t think anyone was even referencing the Steelers in this topic.

Very weird?!

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:15 pm

Stillchest wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:59 pm

That’s your prerogative.

But…must you make your point about Lamar, while trashing on the Steelers, a team you’re supposedly a fan of?

Very weird?!
Nothing weird at all about it.

You ever see the Seinfeld episode where the hot chick is sitting with Jerry and she tells him they should break up? When he asks her why, she says; “I saw your act. I can’t date someone if I don’t respect what they do”.

Jerry responds; “You’re a cashier!”

Again, I find it hilarious Jeemie, who predicted Lamar would fail miserably, is slamming Lamar for “choking in the playoffs”. The Ravens won a game last postseason while the Steelers and their future Hall of Famer QB put up possibly the most embarrassing playoff performance in Steelers history.

I love the Steelers but I’m a realist. Lamar is a great player. Already. I loathe him and the Ravens, but the guy is a fantastic talent. He’s done nothing but won since he became their starting QB.

Slamming him as some choker after what happened in Heinz field last January is fucking laughable.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

drmalba

Post by drmalba » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:16 pm

fractalsteel wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:20 pm
drmalba wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:41 pm
fractalsteel wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:48 pm

If the Steelers had drafted Jackson what makes you think that Tomlin could maximize his generational kind of talent? We all know he couldn't and most likely Jackson would be a gimmick guy and after three years we would all be complaining about him being a bust.
Simple. a) I don't think Tomlin is the clueless moron everyone says he is here, and b) I don't think its *entirely* his job or responsibility to do that.
Do I think in this fantasy Jasckson would have sat until at least last season? Probably yes. But at some point his sheer athletic ability would be too compelling to ignore. For sure I think our current OC might be a lot more comfortable calling his RPOs with someone like Lamar back there.

Now if your point is that the Steelers as an organization are too conservative by nature to do what Baltimore did, and design their entire offense around one guy's skillset, that is a more reasonable debate.
But I do not believe Tomlin himself would be any obstacle there. He's just a convenient punching bag here for a bunch of folks with pre-programmed agendas.
First off, don't lump me in the 'everyone' crowd here that thinks Tomlin is dumb. I think he is very smart but he is arrogant and stubborn and slow to change, glacially slow.

Has Tomlin really changed in his coaching approach the last 15 years?

You don't think it is part of his job to take a Jackson kind of talent and work with others to maximize it? Plenty of younger HC's in the NFL now that design their offenses and let the coordinators call the plays.

Aside from thinking he is arrogant and stubborn the only other belief I have of him going forward is that he is never going to win another SB with the Steelers.
If Tomlin is the coach for the next 5-10 years it is going to be much like it has been the last 10 years.
My intent was not to lump you in with any group in particular, but you elaborated your position so it's now clear for me and everyone else.
And I do think Tomlin has some responsibility, but he's a defensive coach with a largely defensive background outside of his playing career. I don't think he helps design offenses, or has that level of involvement beyond maybe philosophy or occasionally asking for specific calls in certain game situations, and general high-level gameplanning type stuff. As a player coach, he's not necessarily out there advising Ben and others on their throwing mechanics. I know on defense he's much more hands on with things.
Put another way, when we had Munchak in there I bet he was a LOT more specific and involved on the offensive side than Tomlin was. That's my belief anyways, and also why I'm traditionally less concerned with the head coach and whatever arrogance he may or may not possess, and more concerned with the coordinators and the job they are doing, at least on the offense.

Stillchest

Post by Stillchest » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:19 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:15 pm
Stillchest wrote:

That’s your prerogative.

Very weird?!

You ever see the Seinfeld episode where the hot chick is sitting with Jerry and she tells him they should break up? When he asks her why, she says; “I saw your act. I can’t date someone if I don’t respect what they do”.

Again, I find it hilarious Jeemie, who predicted Lamar would fail miserably, is slamming Lamar for “choking in the playoffs”. The Ravens won a game last postseason while the Steelers and their future Hall of Famer QB put up possibly the most embarrassing playoff performance in Steelers history.

I love the Steelers but I’m a realist. Lamar is a great player. Already. I loathe him and the Ravens, but the guy is a fantastic talent. He’s done nothing but won since he became their starting QB.

Slamming him as some choker after what happened in Heinz field last January is fucking laughable.
Seinfield is overrated….similar to Lamar, imo.

The announcers were polishing his knob after every 5 yard pass last night….referring to him as “Superman.”

You’d think Superman would have his team playing in the SB every season.

Also, there is no reason to trash Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers to make a point.

Ben has been constantly trashed in the media from day one. After Georgia it got worse. He has played is ass off for the Steelers and brought them and the fans countless wins. Two championships, and exciting moments.

You’re ready to move forward. Fine. However, this is Ben’s last ride and I think he’s earned it, regardless of the outcome.

We’re going to miss him next season because I don’t trust the brainless organization to draft and develop another franchise QB….they’re too obtuse and archaic.

Ben will likely be the last franchise QB many of us will see, in a Steelers uniform, the remainder of our lifetime.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:24 pm

Ben will likely be the last franchise QB many of us will see, in a Steelers uniform, the remainder of our lifetime.
Sad, but likely true.

Jizz Mop

Post by Jizz Mop » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:28 pm

Jobu wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:24 pm
Sad, but likely true.
Someone cue Debbie Downer and a tarot card reader.

How in the fuck would any of us know this to be true?

I’m gonna hold out hope that Colbert and Co or whoever is in that role will find us another. Yes they’re hard to come by….but not impossible.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:52 pm

Jizz Mop wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:28 pm
Jobu wrote:
Sad, but likely true.

I’m gonna hold out hope that Colbert and Co or whoever is in that role will find us another. Yes they’re hard to come by….but not impossible.
Not impossible, but very unlikely. I’m sure you know that.

Ice

Post by Ice » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:01 pm

Well, it should only be a max of, say, 25 years. That puts me at about 63... should be happily retired and ready to enjoy my golden years with 15 years or so of a brand new franchise QB... unless the team causes me to drink myself into an early grave before then.

Come to think of it, R2D2 should have moved on by then, too.

Gotta accentuate the positives, folks.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:08 pm

Stillchest wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:19 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Stillchest wrote:

That’s your prerogative.

Very weird?!

The announcers were polishing his knob after every 5 yard pass last night….referring to him as “Superman.”

Also, there is no reason to trash Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers to make a point.

Ben has been constantly trashed in the media from day one. After Georgia it got worse. He has played is ass off for the Steelers and brought them and the fans countless wins. Two championships, and exciting moments.

You’re ready to move forward. Fine. However, this is Ben’s last ride and I think he’s earned it, regardless of the outcome.

We’re going to miss him next season because I don’t trust the brainless organization to draft and develop another franchise QB….they’re too obtuse and archaic.

Again, I couldn't give a flying fuck if you believe I'm "trashing" Ben, because I....wait for it.....described exactly what took place in the playoffs last season.

:lol:

I love Ben. He's one of my all time favorite Steelers. Of course we're going to miss him and it's true he might be the last franchise QB I'll ever see winning at a high level in the black and gold. Telling, again....wait for it....exactly took place in the playoffs last season, might upset some butt hurt Sunshine Pumper fans who can't handle the truth. If you, or they don't like it, GREAT.

As for Lamar, I'm not sure if he'll ever win a Super Bowl. There are definitely some holes in his game, but he's exciting as fuck to watch and is already one helluva player. Will he end up a Hall of Famer like Ben? The jury is still out, but dude already has one MVP and there is ZERO DOUBT he'll be in the conversation again this year, if he continues playing at a high level and the Ravens keep winning.

Oh and Seinfeld was incredible. Full stop.

Harvey Woodlawn

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:09 pm

Jobu wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:52 pm
Jizz Mop wrote:
Jobu wrote:

Sad, but likely true.

I wouldn't even go that far. Half the teams in the league currently employ a franchise QB (or one that was a franchise QB at one point, like Ben).

Yes, getting someone like Ben or Mahomes or Brady is unlikely. But getting a QB like a Matt Ryan or Dak Prescott or Ryan Tannehill? Not all that uncommon. Or maybe you are all significantly older than I am.

Hell, the Cowboys went from Troy Aikman to Tony Romo to Dak Prescott within 16 years. Are the latter 2 all time greats? No....but Romo and Dak are good enough to keep you in contention. Let's not pretend you have to choose between Josh Allen and Duck Hodges. There are alot of players in between.

Stillchest

Post by Stillchest » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:18 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:08 pm
Stillchest wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:19 pm
K_C_ wrote:

Again, I couldn't give a flying fuck if you believe I'm "trashing" Ben, because I....wait for it.....described exactly what took place in the playoffs last season.

I love Ben. He's one of my all time favorite Steelers. Of course we're going to miss him and it's true he might be the last franchise QB I'll ever see winning at a high level in the black and gold. Telling, again....wait for it....exactly took place in the playoffs last season, might upset some butt hurt Sunshine Pumper fans who can't handle the truth. If you, or they don't like it, GREAT.

As for Lamar, I'm not sure if he'll ever win a Super Bowl. There are definitely some holes in his game, but he's exciting as fuck to watch and is already one helluva player. Will he end up a Hall of Famer like Ben? The jury is still out, but dude already has one MVP and there is ZERO DOUBT he'll be in the conversation again this year, if he continues playing at a high level and the Ravens keep winning.

Oh and Seinfeld was incredible. Full stop.
This is all opinion based.

Also, I didn’t see the Steelers playoff loss last season get mentioned by anyone else in this thread of topic.

Sorry if I missed it.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:21 pm

Stillchest wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:18 pm

Also, I didn’t see the Steelers playoff loss last season get mentioned by anyone else in this thread of topic.

Sorry if I missed it.
Happy to help. I mentioned it.. For a reason.

After a Steelers fan here thought Lamar Jackson's performance in the playoffs was bad.

In a Ravens win.

See my Seinfeld reference for further help.

Harvey Woodlawn

Stillchest

Post by Stillchest » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:06 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:21 pm
Stillchest wrote:

Sorry if I missed it.

After a Steelers fan here thought Lamar Jackson's performance in the playoffs was bad.

In a Ravens win.

Ah…ok. Thank you.

So, you threw shade at the Steelers and referenced their most recent playoff disaster, in an attempt to defend Lamar’s lack of playoff success.

You’re definitely jaded by the lack of Steelers playoff success in recent years.

At least, you’re consistent, KC. 😂

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:18 pm

Stillchest wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:06 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Stillchest wrote:

Sorry if I missed it.

In a Ravens win.

Ah…ok. Thank you.

So, you threw shade at the Steelers and referenced their most recent playoff disaster, in an attempt to defend Lamar’s lack of playoff success.

You’re definitely jaded by the lack of Steelers playoff success in recent years.

Hey, if you're enjoying the Steelers looking like utter shit in the postseason or can't tell the truth about what your eyes are seeing, knock yourself out.

Whatever helps you cope with the embarrassment you witnessed last January. Whatever makes you feel better about 3 playoff wins in the last 10 years.

If you feel good about that and are still bullish on our chances, I'd love to know what drugs you're doing.

...because they are most definitely working.

Harvey Woodlawn

Stillchest

Post by Stillchest » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:29 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:18 pm
Stillchest wrote:
K_C_ wrote:

In a Ravens win.

Ah…ok. Thank you.

Hey, if you're enjoying the Steelers looking like utter shit in the postseason or can't tell the truth about what your eyes are seeing, knock yourself out.

Whatever helps you cope with the embarrassment you witnessed last January. Whatever makes you feel better about 3 playoff wins in the last 10 years.

If you feel good about that and are still bullish on our chances, I'd love to know what drugs you're doing.

Well, that’s just it.

I’m a realist.

I don’t revel in delusion, and I acknowledge the Steelers have been playoff failures in recent years. For a number of reasons, one of which only ART II can resolve but likely never will.

I realize only one team can win the SB each season, while appreciating the players efforts each season at providing some good entertainment.

All in all, we’ve been very fortunate as fans. Even though we find a lot to bitch about, we really have little in comparison to most fan bases.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:49 pm

Pabst wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:09 pm
Jobu wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:52 pm
Jizz Mop wrote:

I wouldn't even go that far. Half the teams in the league currently employ a franchise QB (or one that was a franchise QB at one point, like Ben).

Yes, getting someone like Ben or Mahomes or Brady is unlikely. But getting a QB like a Matt Ryan or Dak Prescott or Ryan Tannehill? Not all that uncommon. Or maybe you are all significantly older than I am.

Hell, the Cowboys went from Troy Aikman to Tony Romo to Dak Prescott within 16 years. Are the latter 2 all time greats? No....but Romo and Dak are good enough to keep you in contention. Let's not pretend you have to choose between Josh Allen and Duck Hodges. There are alot of players in between.
Getting a guy like Matt Ryan or Ryan Tannehill would be death for Steelers fans, who only care about championships. What are there, like 2-3 guys right now under the age of 30 that I'd bet on in to win a championship someday? Maybe 2 more if they either got really lucky or upped their game late in their development. I think it's damn hard to get one of those difference-makers while still building and keeping your other talent together. There's a lot of flash in the league now, but I've yet to see it translate into much postseason winning.
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3× 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:40 am

Jobu wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:53 pm
Consider that the Rats retooled their entire offense to fit Jackson’s skill set, would the Steelers be willing to do the same thing in that boat? Since they haven’t changed their offense since the 90s and their tendency to want to put a star QB “in his place” to maintain an outdated identity …I’m gonna go with NO!
I wouldn't want the Steelers to do this. I don't believe Lamar's skill set is one that will ever win a super bowl. To draft Lamar and design an entire offense around him just ensures the Ravens won't ever win a super bowl with him at QB. As others have said, I think it does a good job of ringing up a lot of regular season wins and stats and puts Lamar in the MVP conversation, but it's not something I want the Steelers to do.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:42 am

K_C_ wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:18 pm
Stillchest wrote:
K_C_ wrote:

In a Ravens win.

Ah…ok. Thank you.

The difference is that I don't believe that Lamar's skill set will ever allow him to win a super bowl so his playoff struggles will continue. The Steelers, on the other hand, can improve and can have more playoff success in the future.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:44 am

El Kabong wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:42 am
The difference is that I don't believe that Lamar's skill set will ever allow him to win a super bowl so his playoff struggles will continue. The Steelers, on the other hand, can improve and can have more playoff success in the future.
The Steelers have a better chance at future success in the playoffs with some unknown QB we haven’t drafted yet or with 39 year old Ben Roethlisberger who is almost certainly in his last season?

Better opportunity for success with the unknown QB or the guy who is likely in his last season over a young former league MVP who will likely be in the MVP conversation this year?

Are you shitting me?

Harvey Woodlawn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic