Gruden is a bitch

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
Thrillsseeker

Re: Gruden is a bitch

Post by Thrillsseeker » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:16 pm

Steelperch wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:22 am
STD has been banned from the board for starting a thread using a slur towards females.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thrillsseeker

Post by Thrillsseeker » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:24 pm

955876 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:15 pm
I'm also a Disabled Vet who loves his country.
Thank you for your service & sacrifice.
I second this. Can’t thank you enough.

Deebo

Post by Deebo » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:24 pm

stillthere wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:00 am
Texas Black & Gold wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:39 pm
Does this mean Gruden wont be in the Hall of Fame? Just asking for a friend. ;)
They took his name off the Buccaneers wall of fame or circle of honor or whatever it is they call it in the last 2 days I think.
There's part of me that's surprised they did this and another part that isn't...

Texas Black & Gold

Post by Texas Black & Gold » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:39 pm

Deebo wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:24 pm
stillthere wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:39 pm
Does this mean Gruden wont be in the Hall of Fame? Just asking for a friend. ;)
They took his name off the Buccaneers wall of fame or circle of honor or whatever it is they call it in the last 2 days I think.
There's part of me that's surprised they did this and another part that isn't...
I wonder why Warren Sapp is still on the circle of honor? Isn't physically abusing a wife at least as bad as offensive language? :roll:
Secure NHALS early and then go deep into the PLAYOFFS. :D :D :D

DP39

Post by DP39 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:54 pm

Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:39 pm
Deebo wrote:
stillthere wrote:

I wonder why Warren Sapp is still on the circle of honor? Isn't physically abusing a wife at least as bad as offensive language? :roll:
Not in todays new, strange world. :oops:

franco32

Post by franco32 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:21 pm

LMAO Warren Sapp is a POS human being many times over, and yes, he pleaded guilty to knocking around his girlfriend. But, he's still in the Ring of Honor. :lol:

That right there is exactly why the cancel culture is a complete and utter abomination.

franco32

Post by franco32 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:32 pm

The worst part of Cancel Culture is that it is impossible to play by the "new rules". Even if you bend the knee and conform to whatever crowd sourced morality is being spewed on social media (which you shouldn't), your entire history is still judged by the new rules. Your past self is on trial by today's new standards.

I would wager a MILLION DOLLARS that at least 99% of this board has been involved in comments and jokes in their lifetime worth of "cancellation", especially if they played sports. Think about being put on trial for PRIVATE comments you may have made. How about comments you heard and said nothing about? Silence is violence right? Even today in middle school, high school, and college sports here in Woke NYC, you hear kids bashing each other using words like fa**ot. Let's say someone is filming them with the 100 phones that are on the sideline, and that video surfaces in 5-10 years. Should their life be over?

No one is condoning Gruden, but unearthing private emails to destroy someone is a recipe for a society that will implode.

Texas Black & Gold

Post by Texas Black & Gold » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:48 pm

I am lucky cell phones, social media, computers etc. did not exist the first 30-40 years of my life. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Secure NHALS early and then go deep into the PLAYOFFS. :D :D :D

Jizz Mop

Post by Jizz Mop » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:50 pm

NFL is sending a message that words are worse/hold more weight than actions…

And by actions I mean:

Domestic violence

Violence against others

Potential and probable cheating

The list is longer but I’ll stop there

Bizarre world we live in

And for the record, I’m not condoning Gruden’s emails

Just like to see some consistency in terms of punishment in the NFL and society as a whole

alancac98

Post by alancac98 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:18 pm

Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:48 pm
I am lucky cell phones, social media, computers etc. did not exist the first 30-40 years of my life. :oops: :oops: :oops:
No shit!!! The things that spewed out of my mouth while playing sports is quite embarrassing now that I'm much older and wiser - but it sure was fun as hell!!!

Charles Demarr

Post by Charles Demarr » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:28 pm

franco32 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:32 pm
The worst part of Cancel Culture is that it is impossible to play by the "new rules". Even if you bend the knee and conform to whatever crowd sourced morality is being spewed on social media (which you shouldn't), your entire history is still judged by the new rules. Your past self is on trial by today's new standards.

I would wager a MILLION DOLLARS that at least 99% of this board has been involved in comments and jokes in their lifetime worth of "cancellation", especially if they played sports. Think about being put on trial for PRIVATE comments you may have made. How about comments you heard and said nothing about? Silence is violence right? Even today in middle school, high school, and college sports here in Woke NYC, you hear kids bashing each other using words like fa**ot. Let's say someone is filming them with the 100 phones that are on the sideline, and that video surfaces in 5-10 years. Should their life be over?

No one is condoning Gruden, but unearthing private emails to destroy someone is a recipe for a society that will implode.

Roeth2Rudolph

Post by Roeth2Rudolph » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:23 pm

Some are more equal than others my friends, some are much more equal.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:05 pm

Charles Demarr wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:28 pm
franco32 wrote:

You realize the guy clapping is moral nihilist, right? :D
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

DP39

Post by DP39 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:51 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:05 pm
Charles Demarr wrote:
franco32 wrote:

Softball.....Maybe he's just a Joker that way? :P

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:01 pm

Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:05 pm
Charles Demarr wrote:
franco32 wrote:

I am withholding judgement until we can review his email and twitter history.

gojira5150

Post by gojira5150 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:13 pm

Thrillsseeker wrote:
955876 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:15 pm
I'm also a Disabled Vet who loves his country.
Thank you for your service & sacrifice.
I second this. Can’t thank you enough.
Much appreciated :)
Obliteration Is Imminent

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:21 am

franco32 wrote:

Isn't some country (China I want to say) doing a thing with facial recognition and you get voted on positive or negative and it affects where you can travel or live or some shit. I am not sure since I keep my blinders on for the most part. Maybe that is some fake news yadda yadda shit but I seem to remember that at some point in the last 2 years.

Sorry if that statement delves too deeply into the political spectrum.

Thrillsseeker

Post by Thrillsseeker » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:34 pm

Jizz Mop wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:50 pm
NFL is sending a message that words are worse/hold more weight than actions…

And by actions I mean:

Domestic violence

Violence against others

Potential and probable cheating

The list is longer but I’ll stop there

Bizarre world we live in

And for the record, I’m not condoning Gruden’s emails

Just like to see some consistency in terms of punishment in the NFL and society as a whole
There’s plenty of consistency. Consistently skewed punishment for anything related to public outrage stemming from the NFL. Cheating, domestic violence etc hold nothing to some public outrage. In the farce that is today’s woke society it’ll get even better!
(InsertJerkoffMotionHere)

Ice

Post by Ice » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:45 pm

I'm still waiting to see what, exactly, this DEA probe (that produced the Gruden stuff) is looking for (and apparently finding) in the WTF organization. Coked up execs? Already cheerleaders being treated like employees at the Bada Bing. Rampant institutional PED use? All of the above? There's a shitstorm of Katrina-plus proportions brewing above that team.

Additionally, RIP Sean Taylor, truly one of that team's all time greats, whose jersey retirement celebration is being used as the clown distracting the fairgoers from the bloody rollercoaster crash.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Stlcrtn1974

Post by Stlcrtn1974 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:24 pm

franco32 wrote:

You are way off with the 99%, more like 100%

What did you call knocking on someone's door and then running away?

What did you call throwing the football up in the air with 5 or 6 of your buddies, with one catching and the other ones chasing and tackling?

Fixing something, but not fixing it the way your supposed to?

Your buddy won't share any beers, chew, smokes, Nintendo games?

How did you elementary school teachers have you sit during story time?

Yea, we were kids or young adults when we used those answers above and they are not acceptable now. I didn't say any of them to hurt anyone and neither did you.People need to get the fuck over things and move on, quit living in the past.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:31 pm

Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:24 pm
franco32 wrote:

What did you call throwing the football up in the air with 5 or 6 of your buddies, with one catching and the other ones chasing and tackling?

Yea, we were kids or young adults when we used those answers above and they are not acceptable now. I didn't say any of them to hurt anyone and neither did you.People need to get the fuck over things and move on, quit living in the past.
Getting people fired is not a just means for a just end. But can you answer me this: how did those things which you refer to become widely unacceptable to say and, in some cases, even think? Did public pressure of ostracism have anything to do with it? You cannot change culture and sensibilities by means of arguments. You do it by means of habit. Am I wrong?
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Stlcrtn1974

Post by Stlcrtn1974 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:43 pm

Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:31 pm
Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
franco32 wrote:

Getting people fired is not a just means for a just end. But can you answer me this: how did those things which you refer to become widely unacceptable to say and, in some cases, even think? Did public pressure of ostracism have anything to do with it? You cannot change culture and sensibilities by means of arguments. You do it by means of habit. Am I wrong?
I really don't know how everyone back then called it what they did, but it changed and is no longer acceptable, which is good. It doesn't mean we were evil and now need to be pariah's, it's just how it was. Canceling doesn't make it disappear, and if you ask me, is a very dangerous game to play

Texas Steel

Post by Texas Steel » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:22 pm

Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:48 pm
You and me both. I did shit as a kid that I'm ashamed of and am glad there is no record of it. Today's surveillance state makes that impossible. Your phones, TVs, Alexas, Siris... everything's listening in on you.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:03 pm

Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:43 pm
Stlcrtn1974 wrote:

I really don't know how everyone back then called it what they did, but it changed and is no longer acceptable, which is good. It doesn't mean we were evil and now need to be pariah's, it's just how it was. Canceling doesn't make it disappear, and if you ask me, is a very dangerous game to play
No, no, I agree. I am not advocating that people lose their jobs if they said the wrong thing 10 years ago. What I am saying is, sensibilities are not changed by op-eds and arguments. They are change by social sanctions, social punishments. We are saying canceling someone by forcing them losing their job is too far. But if attitudes are going to change for the better, isn't some kind of social cancelation or threat of it necessary? This is an open question. I am not insisting this line of thinking is right.

Stlcrtn1974

Post by Stlcrtn1974 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:55 am

Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:03 pm
Stlcrtn1974 wrote:

No, no, I agree. I am not advocating that people lose their jobs if they said the wrong thing 10 years ago. What I am saying is, sensibilities are not changed by op-eds and arguments. They are change by social sanctions, social punishments. We are saying canceling someone by forcing them losing their job is too far. But if attitudes are going to change for the better, isn't some kind of social cancelation or threat of it necessary? This is an open question. I am not insisting this line of thinking is right.
I love history. I think learning from history is the best way to build a better society. Tearing down monuments does not erase what happened. Columbus day will be gone soon, is that right? Slavery was a rich man's way to have, well slave labor. It was 100% wrong, but let's not pretend that the white rich assholes were the only one's involved in it.

Unfortunately there is never going to be a common ground. You can't force your views on them and they can't force their views on you.

I don't agree with abortion, but who the fuck am I to tell another person what to do.
I don't agree with gay marriage, but if they are happy who cares.
I believe in covid vaccinations and if someone doesn't, oh well I'll still be your friend.
I like gambling, drinking, whores but I also love my wife, working and saving money, and exercising.

There is one thing we all here can agree on, and that is the Pittsburgh Steelers are our favorite football team. 😉

Post by 955876 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:34 pm

Good post.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Suwanee88

Post by Suwanee88 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:49 am

I am not condoning Gruden’s actions at all as I agree with the firing.

I don’t understand how someone like Joy Behar can talk shit about Nassib and not receive any disciplinary action.

A lot of double standard bullshit out there in this new culture.

zeke5123

Post by zeke5123 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:06 pm

Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
franco32 wrote:

Will and Grace?

A bit tongue in cheek but the gay movement won people over not by saying “agree with us or lose your job.” They won by showing they were normal people who had a different preference in the bedroom. That is, they channeled Shylock and asked “do we not bleed?” Are not “all men created equal.” That is, by being seen they proved they were otherwise normal; not a scary Other.

What is happening now is no longer about winning hearts and minds but enforcing orthodoxy. There is a certain set of Americans who have never appreciated being told to do something. Probably too much borderer familial history. I think you’ll see a difference between the early gay movement and the modern LGBTA+ movement because of the difference in tactics.

Ice

Post by Ice » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:42 pm

Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:55 am
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:03 pm
Stlcrtn1974 wrote:

I love history. I think learning from history is the best way to build a better society. Tearing down monuments does not erase what happened. Columbus day will be gone soon, is that right? Slavery was a rich man's way to have, well slave labor. It was 100% wrong, but let's not pretend that the white rich assholes were the only one's involved in it.

Unfortunately there is never going to be a common ground. You can't force your views on them and they can't force their views on you.

I don't agree with abortion, but who the fuck am I to tell another person what to do.
I don't agree with gay marriage, but if they are happy who cares.
I believe in covid vaccinations and if someone doesn't, oh well I'll still be your friend.
I like gambling, drinking, whores but I also love my wife, working and saving money, and exercising.

There is one thing we all here can agree on, and that is the Pittsburgh Steelers are our favorite football team. 😉
💯
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:49 pm

Suwanee88 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:49 am
I am not condoning Gruden’s actions at all as I agree with the firing.

I don’t understand how someone like Joy Behar can talk shit about Nassib and not receive any disciplinary action.

A lot of double standard bullshit out there in this new culture.
Insane how Joy Behar stil has a job on TV

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic