Tackling fundamentals

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
Jizz Mop

Tackling fundamentals

Post by Jizz Mop » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:13 am

That was an incredibly bad display of what tackling is supposed to look like last night.

I don’t think I’ve been more upset and disappointed watching guys hit Seahawks, not wrap up…etc

And then there’s horrible pursuit angles, getting lost in the wash and even taking the wrong line of attack (Bush many times).

This is extremely basic stuff that our defense lacks and unfortunately displays from time to time. Last night it was horrifically bad.

I can’t believe that professional football players, who have been taught how to hit and wrap up since they were in PeeWee through high school and beyond are unable to do the basics on defense.

And the scary thing? I don’t know if it’ll be fixed.

I saw so many missed tackles, over pursuits…guys getting trucked backwards…..fucking brutal.

Thank God for Low Watt….he had himself a nice game along w Norwood, Highsmith and Cam.

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:16 am

We do what we do.
"Jack Lambert is mean and relentless wherever he goes, on and off the field! I do remember many times he would chase me in practice, but no way would I let him catch me" - Franco Harris

langer

Post by langer » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:49 am

“We just played Steeler D.  I’ve got an expectation that our defensive unit is going to be in every football game like that. I’m just being blatantly honest with you.”
"So, we have to proceed with caution, but when you’re pursuing greatness, risk-taking is a part of it. Calculated risk-taking. That’s what you’re talking about when you’re drawing up big plays schematically.”

Steeler Owl

Post by Steeler Owl » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:18 pm

Oh no! They're back. More genius from Dumbin's Big Book of Quotes. Any connection to reality tenuous at best.

Coach has called the officiating at the end of regulation "embarrassing" but his team's tackling was far more embarrassing. Seemed like the Seahawks had 150+ YA Contact.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic