All you dumbasses who ran Ben outta town……

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
Jobu

Re: All you dumbasses who ran Ben outta town……

Post by Jobu » Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:34 pm

Ice wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:49 am
Any and all who said Ben's final season was suboptimal, I give you Tom Brady's final season.
Father Time…still undefeated.

“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

DP39

Post by DP39 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:37 pm

Ice wrote:
Any and all who said Ben's final season was suboptimal, I give you Tom Brady's final season.
We finally get to see what Tom Brady looks like with an average-to-below-average O line in front of him -- something he's had the luxury of never having to deal with during his entire career.

Who's laughing now, TOM? :lol:

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:59 pm

DP39 wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:37 pm
Ice wrote:
We finally get to see what Tom Brady looks like with an average-to-below-average O line in front of him -- something he's had the luxury of never having to deal with during his entire career.

I think Father Time might be getting in the way as well. Maybe Brady is clearly far and away the best QB ever to play pro ball bc he always had stellar lines.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Havoc

Post by Havoc » Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:43 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:59 pm
DP39 wrote:
Ice wrote:

I think Father Time might be getting in the way as well. Maybe Brady is clearly far and away the best QB ever to play pro ball bc he always had stellar lines.
Heard some discussion about Tampa Bays offensive struggles on the radio this morning. They were saying Brady doesn't have that third down back he's used to having that he can dump the ball off to on 3rd downs for a three or four yard gain and a first down. They also said he is throwing the football 30 yards downfield which is not his game sans maybe when he had Randy Moss and yeah I know he threw downfield more with Arians than he did most of his time with the patriots.

Brady's style of play made it easier for his OL much of his career. That was a factor.

I quit counting Brady out a several years ago. If he has the tools that he wants around him I'm not going to doubt that yet again he can figure it out. I do remember some slow starts for his Patriots offense but he and the staff there always figured it out.

Maybe on Father Time. Enter another bowl of avocado ice cream.
Throw. The. Football. On. First. Down.

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:19 pm

Weekly STD thread appreciation post.
Redskins Draft:
Marvin Harrison, Jr., WR, Ohio State
Patrick Paul OT Houston
Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas
TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State
Trevin Wallace LB Kentucky
Bucky Irving RB Oregon
Jordan Travis QB FSU

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:24 pm

Steelperch wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:19 pm

Weekly STD thread appreciation post.
😆

🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare

🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:06 am

Redskins Draft:
Patrick Paul OT Houston
Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State
Bucky Irving RB Oregon
Jordan Travis QB FSU

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:07 am

Steelperch wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:06 am
Lolololz
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare

🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:38 am

Havoc wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:43 pm
Professor Half Wit wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:59 pm
DP39 wrote:

Heard some discussion about Tampa Bays offensive struggles on the radio this morning. They were saying Brady doesn't have that third down back he's used to having that he can dump the ball off to on 3rd downs for a three or four yard gain and a first down. They also said he is throwing the football 30 yards downfield which is not his game sans maybe when he had Randy Moss and yeah I know he threw downfield more with Arians than he did most of his time with the patriots.

Brady's style of play made it easier for his OL much of his career. That was a factor.

I quit counting Brady out a several years ago. If he has the tools that he wants around him I'm not going to doubt that yet again he can figure it out. I do remember some slow starts for his Patriots offense but he and the staff there always figured it out.

Maybe on Father Time. Enter another bowl of avocado ice cream.
Father time and let’s not forget that hell hath no fury like a woman’s scorn! Pretty sure that is at play for some games too!

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:29 pm

Forget Tom Brady...Aaron Rodgers, Matt Stafford, Russell Wilson, Ryan Tannehill, and Matt Ryan have all fallen off a cliff this season and they're all younger than Ben.

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:59 pm

Kenny quit after one hard hit against the Ravens and Mitch just threw his 3rd pick. Seems like time to add a gorilla to this thread.

Redskins Draft:
Patrick Paul OT Houston
Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State
Bucky Irving RB Oregon
Jordan Travis QB FSU

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:01 pm

🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare

🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:03 am

Steelperch wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:59 pm
Kenny quit after one hard hit against the Ravens and Mitch just threw his 3rd pick. Seems like time to add a gorilla to this thread.

If by Kenny "quit" you mean Kenny had to leave the game due to a concussion, sure.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:37 am

El Kabong wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:03 am
Steelperch wrote:

If by Kenny "quit" you mean Kenny had to leave the game due to a concussion, sure.
Ngata broke Ben’s nose. He didn’t “self report concussion symptoms”. He put his helmet back on and won the fucking game. But hey, Kenny tap out will probably be more lucid at 70.
Redskins Draft:
Patrick Paul OT Houston
Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State
Bucky Irving RB Oregon
Jordan Travis QB FSU

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:13 am

Steelperch wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:37 am
El Kabong wrote:
Steelperch wrote:

Ngata broke Ben’s nose. He didn’t “self report concussion symptoms”. He put his helmet back on and won the fucking game. But hey, Kenny tap out will probably be more lucid at 70.
Oh, come on. Ben didn't have a concussion, and you know very well the new emphasis on concussions now that weren't in place in the past. A poster posted an excerpt from an article about delayed concussion symptoms. So you're going on record with saying that you know FOR A FACT that Kenny didn't have concussion symptoms?

This is where we're at now? Kenny isn't tough enough because he didn't play through concussion symptoms?

Freakin' Kenny Derangment Syndrome on this board.
--Voltaire

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:15 am

El Kabong wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:13 am
Steelperch wrote:
El Kabong wrote:

Oh, come on. Ben didn't have a concussion, and you know very well the new emphasis on concussions now that weren't in place in the past. A poster posted an excerpt from an article about delayed concussion symptoms. So you're going on record with saying that you know FOR A FACT that Kenny didn't have concussion symptoms?

This is where we're at now? Kenny isn't tough enough because he didn't play through concussion symptoms?

Kenny self reported. I’m old enough to remember Steelers players like Hines Ward actively trying to hide concussions so they could get back in the game. Kenny derangement syndrome? You mean he’s not performing at Duck Hodges rookie year level as a 1st round pick? Just a couple notches below the level of Mr Irrelevant from this year’s draft?
Redskins Draft:
Patrick Paul OT Houston
Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State
Bucky Irving RB Oregon
Jordan Travis QB FSU

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:27 am

Steelperch wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:15 am
El Kabong wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:13 am
Steelperch wrote:

Kenny self reported. I’m old enough to remember Steelers players like Hines Ward actively trying to hide concussions so they could get back in the game. Kenny derangement syndrome? You mean he’s not performing at Duck Hodges rookie year level as a 1st round pick? Just a couple notches below the level of Mr Irrelevant from this year’s draft?
https://forumsnew.sportsandshit.com/vie ... lf#p710276
bradshaw2ben wrote: Ben actually self reported concussion symptoms once and was pulled from a game
Wow what a pussy Ben was.

You know very well the emphasis on CTE and concussions now. It's Kenny Derangement Syndrome because Kenny haters have now descended to presuming to know that Kenny wasn't actually affected by concussion symptoms and are trying to call him a pussy. You have NO IDEA what Kenny's symptoms were and NO BASIS for saying he wasn't entirely justified in self reporting.
--Voltaire

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:41 am

It’s Kenny realists, not Kenny haters.

I’m sure our 1st round pick having roughly the same rookie year statistically as Duck Hodges is nothing to worry about. Worse rookie year than Mr Irrelevant Brock Purdy and worse first 10 starts than Mason Rudolph are probably also meaningless. Hail to Pitt!
Redskins Draft:
Patrick Paul OT Houston
Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State
Bucky Irving RB Oregon
Jordan Travis QB FSU

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:56 am

Steelperch wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:41 am

I’m sure our 1st round pick having roughly the same rookie year statistically as Duck Hodges is nothing to worry about. Worse rookie year than Mr Irrelevant Brock Purdy and worse first 10 starts than Mason Rudolph are probably also meaningless. Hail to Pitt!
Questioning Kenny's manhood for not playing through a concussion has what to do with that exactly?
--Voltaire

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:05 am

El Kabong wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:56 am
Steelperch wrote:

Questioning Kenny's manhood for not playing through a concussion has what to do with that exactly?
Some players have burning desire to compete and win. They cut their finger off to go back in a game like Ronnie Lott, or play a Super Bowl with a broken leg like Jack Youngblood or sandbag baseline concussion testing like Peyton Manning, or lie about getting a concussion and say it is a neck injury like Hines Ward did. Those guys do anything to play and win and are the guys who win Super Bowls and become legends of the sport. Other guys are like Kenny Pickett. Hey, I’ll buy insurance from the guy in 10 years. Just won’t be telling my grandkids about his Super Bowl glory days.
Redskins Draft:
Patrick Paul OT Houston
Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State
Bucky Irving RB Oregon
Jordan Travis QB FSU

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:22 am

Steelperch wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:05 am
El Kabong wrote:
Steelperch wrote:

Some players have burning desire to compete and win. They cut their finger off to go back in a game like Ronnie Lott, or play a Super Bowl with a broken leg like Jack Youngblood or sandbag baseline concussion testing like Peyton Manning, or lie about getting a concussion and say it is a neck injury like Hines Ward did. Those guys do anything to play and win and are the guys who win Super Bowls and become legends of the sport. Other guys are like Kenny Pickett. Hey, I’ll buy insurance from the guy in 10 years. Just won’t be telling my grandkids about his Super Bowl glory days.
🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare

🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:26 am

Steelperch wrote:
El Kabong wrote:
Steelperch wrote:

You don't know what Kenny's symptoms were. How do you know staying in the game was even a possibility for him? And if he did stay in the game, how good do you think his performance would have been, playing QB with a concussion? How does that help the team? You are making a lot of assumptions here.
--Voltaire

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:16 pm

Steelperch wrote:
El Kabong wrote:
Steelperch wrote:

:lol:

I'll just leave this right here.........

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ben- ... e-a-brain/
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:43 pm

Are we praising athletes for lying about concussions so that they can contribute to winning a football game?

That strikes me as pretty silly.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:20 am

Steelperch wrote:
El Kabong wrote:
Steelperch wrote:

That was 2010 and the NFL still wasn’t taking concussions seriously.
“Yeah we suck, be there is a chance we could suck slightly more if we try to correct the problem.” - Art Deuce (summarized by SteelPerch)

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:21 am

K_C_ wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:16 pm
Steelperch wrote:
El Kabong wrote:

:lol:

I'll just leave this right here.........

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ben- ... e-a-brain/
Lol.

I swear when I made my post I hadn’t looked at this one.
“Yeah we suck, be there is a chance we could suck slightly more if we try to correct the problem.” - Art Deuce (summarized by SteelPerch)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic