Mase the Face

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
Dan Smith--BYU

Re: Mase the Face

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:11 pm

I don't think someone like Trubinsky is destined for minimum wage work especially if he has saved money, but possibly the CFL or the Vienna Vikings.

Unless Bernie Kosar is his financial advisor.

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Nietzsche

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:12 pm

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:11 pm
I don't think someone like Trubinsky is destined for minimum wage work especially if he has saved money, but possibly the CFL or the Vienna Vikings.

Check out Trubisky's wife. She is, IMHO, seriously fucking hot.

He also lives in my town, Boca Raton.

I wish the guy luck in the future, but he isn't an NFL QB.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:14 pm

Mase the Face??? :shock:
Jeez…that’s awful
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:30 pm

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:59 pm
Actually throws the best and most accurate long ball since TB12.

Agree with KC he will get himself killed holding too long in the pocket.
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

Post by 955876 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:33 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:12 pm
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:

The money he has and her ass is a pretty nice combo.

I’m sure his off-season will be rough….

He’s livin well regardless what is happening on the field.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Texas Black & Gold

Post by Texas Black & Gold » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:39 pm

That was a clear hit to the head on the Washington QB.

But no flag. SMH
Secure NHALS early and then go deep into the PLAYOFFS. :D :D :D

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:45 pm

Obviously wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:23 am
Everyone needs to come to grips with this including the fuckin' Steelers brain trust:

Mason Rudolph >>>>> Kenny Pickett
Well, I guess we should thank the capology guy (Khan) for reaching out to Mason and asking him to come back to the Burgh.
It would also seem that 31 other teams' GMs, coaches, and scouts all failed on the assignment of assessing talent to procure for their teams to succeed.

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:58 pm

cyberlaz wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:58 pm
He faced a crappy Seattle defense and how many starters did Baltimore play in game where it meant nothing? The weather sucked and the Ravens knew the game meant absolutely nothing to them. I don't think they played their A game.
How many players are the Steelers missing down the middle of D? We are on our 4th - 9thish string LBs and we are on our 5th - 9thish string Safeties. I guess it only counts when the Ravens players are not in the lineup. Baltimore could have played more players but decided they would rather get swept by Pittsburgh. I am glad the Steelers obliged Baltimore and I hope we get 1 more against them in the 2nd or 3rd round while taking all 3 games and send that crybaby fuck Harbaugh home to whine to the league about how unfair it is to play Pittsburgh when it is nighttime.

What was it that Jaylen Warren said about the Seattle game?
We didn't come here to play their football game we came to play our game.

If the team can keep that concept in focus this team will do just fine.

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:59 pm

DP39 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:59 pm
False.

The Ravens D had exactly 10 players play a 50% or > snap count. 5 of those 10 were depth (2nd/3rd stringers) -- not "mostly". Also, the Ravens had 19 D players register a D snap yesterday, only 9 of them where regular D starters -- again, 9 out of 19 is definitely not mostly.

Not being discussed here, but the Ravens O had exactly ten players play a 50% or > snap count. Only two of those ten were starters, LG Simpson and RT Moses; that's it.

We most definitely played MOSTLY against backups (2nd/3rd stringers) yesterday.

That being said, I'll still take the win. :D
Now do their snap counts for the last month and we can get a better idea of how much they normally rotate depth. Your sample size is not large enough.

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:02 pm

955876 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:39 pm

Rudolph is playing some good ball. Obvious he’s kept his head in things despite being 3rd string. That shows character.

How Jibbs didn’t see this is beyond me.

Well, no it’s not.
Him being the 3rd string has everything to do with what his paycheck stated against what Mitch's paycheck stated.

USS Steelerworks

Post by USS Steelerworks » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:07 pm

This does not need to be complicated. Cut Trubisky and then pay Rudolph the same salary you were paying Mitch on a 2-3 year deal (ie $10 million per). There doesn’t need to be an open QB competition in training camp. Make Mason the starter out of the gate and have Kenny earn the position back. Pickett has had everything handed to him on a silver platter since college. It’s time he earn something based on performance. As for #3 QB - sign another team’s retread ala Dwayne Haskins or draft someone in the 6th or 7th round. If all goes to shit next year draft another 1st round QB in 2025.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:13 pm

USS Steelerworks wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:07 pm
This does not need to be complicated. Cut Trubisky and then pay Rudolph the same salary you were paying Mitch on a 2-3 year deal (ie $10 million per). There doesn’t need to be an open QB competition in training camp. Make Mason the starter out of the gate and have Kenny earn the position back. Pickett has had everything handed to him on a silver platter since college. It’s time he earn something based on performance. As for #3 QB - sign another team’s retread ala Dwayne Haskins or draft someone in the 6th or 7th round. If all goes to shit next year draft another 1st round QB in 2025.
Mason just led the Steelers to the playoffs.

He ain't taking the same money Mitch Trubisky was taking and if he does, Mason's a fucking idiot.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

franco>madden

Post by franco>madden » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:15 pm

955876 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:33 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:12 pm
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:

The money he has and her ass is a pretty nice combo.

I’m sure his off-season will be rough….

He’s livin well regardless what is happening on the field.

All of yinz discussing wives without visual evidence on this esteemed website is a fireable offense, or should be :lol:
(Mrs. Mitch is 2nd from the left for those keeping score) ...

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:23 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:13 pm
USS Steelerworks wrote:

He ain't taking the same money Mitch Trubisky was taking and if he does, Mason's a fucking idiot.
You guys are all off your rockers. Rudolph was out of the league if he didn’t take the vet minimum offer from the Steelers. Nobody wanted him. He’s won 3 games and thrown 3 TD passes. Nobody is breaking the bank for him, nobody is giving him a starter job and nobody is making him the highest paid backup in the league. If some team is dumb enough to do that, let him walk and take the 4th round comp pick. None of our 3 QBs are worth building the team around. Nobody outside of Pittsburgh thinks they’re worth a shit either.

Gardner Minshew is more accomplished than Mason Rudolph. He just signed a 4 year deal for $2.7 million total. And you mofos think Mason is worth 4 times that much because he didn’t blow a few games. :lol:

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:28 pm

Steelperch wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:23 pm
K_C_ wrote:
USS Steelerworks wrote:

You guys are all off your rockers. Rudolph was out of the league if he didn’t take the vet minimum offer from the Steelers. Nobody wanted him. He’s won 3 games and thrown 3 TD passes. Nobody is breaking the bank for him, nobody is giving him a starter job and nobody is making him the highest paid backup in the league. If some team is dumb enough to do that, let him walk and take the 4th round comp pick. None of our 3 QBs are worth building the team around. Nobody outside of Pittsburgh thinks they’re worth a shit either.

Gardner Minshew is more accomplished than Mason Rudolph. He just signed a 4 year deal for $2.7 million total. And you mofos think Mason is worth 4 times that much because he didn’t blow a few games. :lol:
Gonna be interesting to see what kind of deal Mason gets but I'll bet right now it's gonna be bigger than the one Trubisky signed.

You game?

Harvey Woodlawn

tbsteel

Post by tbsteel » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:33 pm

Tiny hands, smaller heart.

franco>madden

Post by franco>madden » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:39 pm

tbsteel wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:33 pm

1, definitely 8-)

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:46 pm

2 is Trubisky's wife.

That's not a great photo of her.

Harvey Woodlawn

franco>madden

Post by franco>madden » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:48 pm

Still haven't seen any serious competition overtaking former Rams player and current CBS announcer Adam Archuleta's legal spouse ...

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:49 pm

franco>madden wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:39 pm
tbsteel wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:33 pm

1, definitely 8-)
Hell…just spin the wheel :D (Although any of the 4 would likely kill me. What a way to go! :o )
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

USS Steelerworks

Post by USS Steelerworks » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:59 pm

How much Mason signs for in the offseason depends on how the postseason goes and his performance in it. One and done with an average or above average performance and he ain’t getting more than the Steelers gave Trubisky. Hell probably less.

Long playoff run ala Nick Foles then anything is possible.

Remember every team in the NFL had a chance to sign Mason for above the veteran minimum and not a single team offered him a contract other than Pittsburgh. After 3 games is he really going to get offered over $10 million per season by the other 31 teams? After playing Ravens backups and two below average defenses? At most only 5 of those teams will be in the market for a new starting QB (NE, Denver, Minnesota, Atlanta, Carolina) . And that’s assuming a market that includes Cousins, Wilson and maybe Fitzpatrick and 1st or 2nd round draftees in Williams, Maye, Nix and Daniels.

Point being - Mason’s best chance to be a starting QB in 2024 barring an extended playoff run that changes the equation is in Pittsburgh. Anywhere else he is guaranteed to be a backup in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar teammates and coaches starting over learning a whole new system. His best chance for NFL success is going to be with the Steelers on a make it or break it 2-3 year contract.

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:17 am

USS Steelerworks wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:59 pm
Point being - Mason’s best chance to be a starting QB in 2024 barring an extended playoff run that changes the equation is in Pittsburgh. Anywhere else he is guaranteed to be a backup in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar teammates and coaches starting over learning a whole new system. His best chance for NFL success is going to be with the Steelers on a make it or break it 2-3 year contract.
I agree his best chance to start is Pittsburgh.
I also think that staying here and becoming a long-term backup to Kenny or a new pick is a good career move. I said it the last 2 years. Chase Daniels and Clipboard Jesus did it right financially.
There are not enough Frank Reich-type guys in the NFL today. I guess Chad Henne did it for a while. Trubisky had the opportunity but he cannot be trusted to win a game or 3 when the starter goes down. I would take Mike Tomzak today over Mitch if it was one game for all the marbles.

R_S

Post by R_S » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:28 am

4, 1, 2. 3.

7.9, 7.5, 6, 4

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:38 am

Steelperch wrote:
K_C_ wrote:
USS Steelerworks wrote:

You are crazy Perch. A transformational QB like Rudolph is going to get the exclusive franchise tag. \s
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:42 am

stillthere wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:17 am
USS Steelerworks wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:59 pm
I agree his best chance to start is Pittsburgh.
I also think that staying here and becoming a long-term backup to Kenny or a new pick is a good career move. I said it the last 2 years. Chase Daniels and Clipboard Jesus did it right financially.
There are not enough Frank Reich-type guys in the NFL today. I guess Chad Henne did it for a while. Trubisky had the opportunity but he cannot be trusted to win a game or 3 when the starter goes down. I would take Mike Tomzak today over Mitch if it was one game for all the marbles.
his only chance to start is at Pittsburgh. Give the Qb openings in the league next year and the QBs that will be drafted plus the 20 plus UFA Qbs on the market, who is signing Rudolph to start or to even compete besides the Steelers? We have to hope they do not bid against themselves.
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

tbsteel

Post by tbsteel » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:43 am

Steelperch wrote:
K_C_ wrote:
USS Steelerworks wrote:

Some people here just live week-to-week. It's like a hot take culture.

Unless Mason throws for 300+ yards and multiple TDs each week on our way to winning the Super Bowl, he isn't getting tagged (lol worthy to even consider it), and he's not getting starter money. If he plays his cards right and doesn't fall apart in the playoffs, he may get decent backup money somewhere.
Tiny hands, smaller heart.

Rod & Wire Mill

Post by Rod & Wire Mill » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:46 am

stillthere wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:59 pm
DP39 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:59 pm
False.

The Ravens D had exactly 10 players play a 50% or > snap count. 5 of those 10 were depth (2nd/3rd stringers) -- not "mostly". Also, the Ravens had 19 D players register a D snap yesterday, only 9 of them where regular D starters -- again, 9 out of 19 is definitely not mostly.

Not being discussed here, but the Ravens O had exactly ten players play a 50% or > snap count. Only two of those ten were starters, LG Simpson and RT Moses; that's it.

We most definitely played MOSTLY against backups (2nd/3rd stringers) yesterday.

That being said, I'll still take the win. :D
Now do their snap counts for the last month and we can get a better idea of how much they normally rotate depth. Your sample size is not large enough.
That’s the problem with pretty much all statistics in football. How predictive are they for any given game against any given opponent?

Rod & Wire Mill

Post by Rod & Wire Mill » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:50 am

Steelperch wrote:
K_C_ wrote:
USS Steelerworks wrote:

Which of the cornucopia of quarterbacks do you think we should have taken whenever? Remind us once again.

DumlinBumlinStumlin

Post by DumlinBumlinStumlin » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:08 am

Mason_Almighty wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:05 pm
We need to sign Mason long term, cut Trubisky, trade Pickett, draft a guy.
how is the real estate market Mr Rudolph?
Tomlin PC 1/2/19 -"Change is a part of it, I don't run away from that. My staff doesn't run away from that. I'm acknowledging that change is a part of what we're doing."

Obviously

Post by Obviously » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:58 am

stillthere wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:45 pm
Obviously wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:23 am
Everyone needs to come to grips with this including the fuckin' Steelers brain trust:

Mason Rudolph >>>>> Kenny Pickett
Well, I guess we should thank the capology guy (Khan) for reaching out to Mason and asking him to come back to the Burgh.
It would also seem that 31 other teams' GMs, coaches, and scouts all failed on the assignment of assessing talent to procure for their teams to succeed.
Sure, but the original point stands.
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#FireTomlin
#Obviously

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic