Post by Smashmouth21 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:25 am

Duplicate post.

DumlinBumlinStumlin

Post by DumlinBumlinStumlin » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:21 am

CoolShades wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:02 am
Smashmouth21 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:45 am
Tomlin gets a flawed team into the playoffs again, this time with a third string QB, no TJ Watt and a beat up defense, and the Jacuzzi Pee Club throws its No Super Bowl Parade, shocker!
Geez, Mrs. Tomlin. We know you love him and all, but really? You are going to defend this clown? He’s a HOF coach! NHALS!

When was the last time he won a playoff game?

Just curious. When you wash his nut sack, what kind of soap do you use?
Was just about to say. I think Smashmouth is a Tomlin relative.
Tomlin PC 1/2/19 -"Change is a part of it, I don't run away from that. My staff doesn't run away from that. I'm acknowledging that change is a part of what we're doing."

CKSteeler

Post by CKSteeler » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:25 am

I've never heard Smashmouth respond to any post that notes that Mike Tomlin has a big hand in building these flawed rosters.

He also won't address how this is a pattern for Mike Tomlin. There hasn't been anything to crow about for a long time. The one year in the last 7 he got himself a top seed, he got embarrassed by Blake Bortles. I know, he'll blame Ben for that one. Like he blames Ben for the playoff futility of the past decade.

Well, Ben is now gone. So now it's just some bullshit about how the Steelers are a flawed team while ignoring Mike Tomlin's role in assembling it...

The Bills are a beatable team. This Steelers team, as constructed and with the injuries, could have competed.

The problem is they did not compete. It was a real game for like 5 minutes when the Steelers drew within 7 and then proceeded to let the Bills march down to extend their lead back to 14 with utter ease.

drmalba

Post by drmalba » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:25 am

Smashmouth21 wrote:
Tomlin gets a flawed team into the playoffs again, this time with a third string QB, no TJ Watt and a beat up defense, and the Jacuzzi Pee Club throws its No Super Bowl Parade, shocker!
I generally like MT and all this is true but he absolutely has to answer to the lack of playoff success. The streak is getting uncomfortably long in the tooth.
Last edited by drmalba on Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

StillerDownSouth

Post by StillerDownSouth » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:25 am

Pretty damning comments from Tomlin's boy here:

https://x.com/MikeDeFabo/status/1747072 ... 03471?s=20

Najee says they need more discipline and more in house rules, wonder who sets the rules?

Smashmouth21

Post by Smashmouth21 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:27 am

drmalba wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:25 am
Smashmouth21 wrote:
I generally like MT and all this is true but he absolutely has to answer to the lack of playoff success. The streak is getting uncomfortably long in the tooth.
I don’t disagree at all. But context matters.

CKSteeler

Post by CKSteeler » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:28 am

What the fuck does Mike Tomlin has to answer for the lack of playoff success even mean? He's going to get rewarded with a raise.

The only way to hold the guy accountable is to fire him. That's the only way he "answers" for anything.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:34 am

StillerDownSouth wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:49 am
Tomlin has been rotten garbage in the playoffs, 3-9 record in last 12 games, and probably should be 2-10 if not for Burfict.
Ben/the Steelers likely winning that game even if Burfict doesn't commit the PI. Steelers had :22 left from the Bengals 47 and AB wouldn't have been hurt. Boswell has never missed a kick in the postseason. If the Steelers get 10 yards without the clock running out, Boswell hits the game-winner.

Smashmouth21

Post by Smashmouth21 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:37 am

CKSteeler wrote:
I've never heard Smashmouth respond to any post that notes that Mike Tomlin has a big hand in building these flawed rosters.

He also won't address how this is a pattern for Mike Tomlin. There hasn't been anything to crow about for a long time. The one year in the last 7 he got himself a top seed, he got embarrassed by Blake Bortles. I know, he'll blame Ben for that one. Like he blames Ben for the playoff futility of the past decade.

Well, Ben is now gone. So now it's just some bullshit about how the Steelers are a flawed team while ignoring Mike Tomlin's role in assembling it...

The Bills are a beatable team. This Steelers team, as constructed and with the injuries, could have competed.

The problem is they did not compete. It was a real game for like 5 minutes when the Steelers drew within 7 and then proceeded to let the Bills march down to extend their lead back to 14 with utter ease.
CK, you’re a joker. I’m glad you got your voice back after hiding for a month. Do Lemmings hibernate?? This team was a double digit underdog before the Steelers turned the ball over repeatedly. But gloss right over that…

Where’s that 30 drubbing you promised, Miss Cleo? ::crickets::

Mike Tomlin is not a perfect coach. But he is a damn good one. He drives me nuts sometimes but, lately, his teams overachieve. Fact.

I’m not going to look it up but I’m sure one of you will let me know if I’m wrong. What has the Steelers win total been each year since Ben’s arm fell off as compared to the actual record? I’m willing to venture better than your revisionist memory.

Greeksteel

Post by Greeksteel » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:37 am

Steelperch wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:36 am
He’s a defensive genius who gives up 40 points per game in the playoffs. How can that be replaced?
:lol:

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:38 am

Smashmouth21 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:08 am
Jizz Mop wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:59 am
W&M_Steeler wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:52 am

We shouldn't be so harsh on Dino, he's just here sticking up for his dad.
Not far fetched at this point

How anyone can defend this guy is insane
Jizzer you and your ilk are the funniest goalpost moving Club goers ever. First it was miss the playoffs. Wrong. Then Steelers will get blown out (forget that they were double digit underdogs). Wrong. Now it’s going to be well they lost. Duh.

This isn’t the Cowboys getting out played at home versus the Packers. It’s Mason Rudolph for goodness sake. Tomlin overachieved just to get here. And you all act like this was a Killer B choke job. Be real.
What-- you don't think the Steelers got blown out because they only lost by 14?

CKSteeler

Post by CKSteeler » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:40 am

Smashmouth21 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:37 am
CKSteeler wrote:

CK, you’re a joker. I’m glad you got your voice back after hiding for a month. Do Lemmings hibernate?? This team was a double digit underdog before the Steelers turned the ball over repeatedly. But gloss right over that…

Mike Tomlin is not a perfect coach. But he is a damn good one. He drives me nuts sometimes but, lately, his teams overachieve. Fact.

I’m not going to look it up but I’m sure one of you will let me know if I’m wrong. What has the Steelers win total been each year since Ben’s arm fell off as compared to the actual record? I’m willing to venture better than your revisionist memory.
In the real world, the Steelers did just get their asses kicked. That's how everyone else who watched that game feels.

But you do you, Smashmouth!

CoolShades

Post by CoolShades » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:41 am

StillerDownSouth wrote:

Najee says they need more discipline and more in house rules, wonder who sets the rules?
And idiot Brooke Pryor nodding her head like a muppet, waiting to jump in with her idiotic follow-up question.
Mike Tomlin and NHALS - The embodiment of the soft bigotry of lowered expectations.

Smashmouth21

Post by Smashmouth21 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:42 am

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:38 am
Smashmouth21 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:08 am
Jizz Mop wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:59 am

Not far fetched at this point

How anyone can defend this guy is insane
Jizzer you and your ilk are the funniest goalpost moving Club goers ever. First it was miss the playoffs. Wrong. Then Steelers will get blown out (forget that they were double digit underdogs). Wrong. Now it’s going to be well they lost. Duh.

This isn’t the Cowboys getting out played at home versus the Packers. It’s Mason Rudolph for goodness sake. Tomlin overachieved just to get here. And you all act like this was a Killer B choke job. Be real.
What-- you don't think the Steelers got blown out because they only lost by 14?
Not when you’re ten point dogs, no.

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:44 am

StillerDownSouth wrote:

Wow he's trying so hard to not say it's Mike Tomlin but it's pretty clear who he's being critical of. It can only be one person.
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

CKSteeler

Post by CKSteeler » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:46 am

I also might add that I wasn't aware I went anywhere. I've posted every week over the last month.

Unlike Smashmouth who actually did vanish during the two game skid.

And losing by 14 isn't a blowout now. Just like finishing 9-8 is overachieving.

Smashmouth21

Post by Smashmouth21 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:46 am

CKSteeler wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:40 am
Smashmouth21 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:37 am
CKSteeler wrote:

In the real world, the Steelers did just get their asses kicked. That's how everyone else who watched that game feels.

But you do you, Smashmouth!
That’s what I thought. All bravado. Zero substance.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:47 am

Dude you've got some low standards. Just because they "only" lost by 4 more points than bettors predicted doesn't change the fact that bettors predicted a blowout loss and the Steelers lost by more than that.

CKSteeler

Post by CKSteeler » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:47 am

All bravado? The Steelers. Got. Their. Asses. Kicked.

Get that through your head.

drmalba

Post by drmalba » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:52 am

CKSteeler wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:28 am
What the fuck does Mike Tomlin has to answer for the lack of playoff success even mean? He's going to get rewarded with a raise.

The only way to hold the guy accountable is to fire him. That's the only way he "answers" for anything.
None of you geniuses here know what is going to happen with Tomlin next year with a new FO.
There's plenty of noise he may walk away.
The "answer" could be that he just gets no extension, a Belichick like mutual parting of the ways, or he gets 2 more years added to take a shot at Noll's all time wins record.

Smashmouth21

Post by Smashmouth21 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:54 am

CKSteeler wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:47 am

Oh, I got it. That’s why I’m not upset like those who deluded themselves into thinking this was a realistic victory or the Lemmings who were wrongly praying for a 30 point blowout. Context matters Cleo.

DumlinBumlinStumlin

Post by DumlinBumlinStumlin » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:56 am

drmalba wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:52 am
CKSteeler wrote:

None of you geniuses here know what is going to happen with Tomlin next year with a new FO.
The "answer" could be that he just gets no extension, a Belichick like mutual parting of the ways, or he gets 2 more years added to take a shot at Noll's all time wins record.
That would be a disservice to Emperor Noll. Tomlin couldn’t shine Chuck’s shoes!!

Now I can see the mutual parting, but Art doesn’t want to pay out the lame duck yr. Eat the cash Art
Tomlin PC 1/2/19 -"Change is a part of it, I don't run away from that. My staff doesn't run away from that. I'm acknowledging that change is a part of what we're doing."

CKSteeler

Post by CKSteeler » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:02 am

Smashmouth21 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:54 am
CKSteeler wrote:

Oh, I got it. That’s why I’m not upset like those who deluded themselves into thinking this was a realistic victory or the Lemmings who were wrongly praying for a 30 point blowout. Context matters Cleo.
You see, there was a time when the Steelers were capable of pulling off upsets. Like in 2005 on the way to a Super Bowl.

Now, anytime they play a legit team, you're right. It's basically just waiting for the end to come. And you refuse to acknowledge Mike Tomlin's role in any of hat. He is ALWAYS a victim of circumstances in your warped mind.

Smashmouth21

Post by Smashmouth21 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:04 am

CKSteeler wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:02 am
Smashmouth21 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:54 am
CKSteeler wrote:

You see, there was a time when the Steelers were capable of pulling off upsets. Like in 2005 on the way to a Super Bowl.

Now, anytime they play a legit team, you're right. It's basically just waiting for the end to come. And you refuse to acknowledge Mike Tomlin's role in any of hat. He is ALWAYS a victim of circumstances in your warped mind.
So you’re adding pretend shrink to your pretend soothsayer abilities. You’re a make believe super hero!!!

R_S

Post by R_S » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:09 am

zeke5123 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:24 am
1. Chance to get back in the game, with some momentum. Two hand offs to Harris. They go nowhere. Have to kick a FG. Needed a TD.

2. Play of the season on fourth down. Has Harris in instead of Warren.

In both situations, Tomlin went with the sub par back instead of one of the best backs in the league. Fuck Mike Tomlin. Useless piece of shit.
Warren was banged up the play before. Be fair. We don't know how much. Be fair

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:50 am

AirRescueFF wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:47 am
Since 2017, the Steelers have been outscored in the first quarter in playoffs games 0-66.
that’s the “easing in” policy

Baltostiller

Post by Baltostiller » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:04 am

Gonzo wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:50 am
AirRescueFF wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:47 am
Since 2017, the Steelers have been outscored in the first quarter in playoffs games 0-66.
that’s the “easing in” policy
Thank you! Someone who gets it. Please fire Tomlin now!

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:20 am

drmalba wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

Catch Noll?.
See other thread....
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22777

zeke5123

Post by zeke5123 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:31 am

R_S wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:09 am
zeke5123 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:24 am
1. Chance to get back in the game, with some momentum. Two hand offs to Harris. They go nowhere. Have to kick a FG. Needed a TD.

2. Play of the season on fourth down. Has Harris in instead of Warren.

In both situations, Tomlin went with the sub par back instead of one of the best backs in the league. Fuck Mike Tomlin. Useless piece of shit.
Warren was banged up the play before. Be fair. We don't know how much. Be fair
I’ll be fair. Warren should be getting 60-65% of the touches.

drmalba

Post by drmalba » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:31 am

Stosh-67 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:20 am
drmalba wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

Catch Noll?.
See other thread....
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22777
Regular season wins.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic