Re: Go get Russell Wilson

Post by Steelperch » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:48 pm

Pabst wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:37 pm
Steelperch wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:29 pm
Pabst wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:15 pm

Penix also threw for 430 yards in that game.

JJ McCarthy, meanwhile, had a grand total of *3* 300 yard games in his career. Those came against defenses ranked 91st (2022 TCU), 120th (2022 Indiana), and 105th (2023 Purdue).
This is such a dumb argument. Penix was in his 6th year, McCarthy was in his 3rd. Penix numbers in his 3rd year weren’t good. He was a 56% passer who threw for 1600 yards vs roughly 72% and 3000 for McCarthy. Kenny Pickett was really good when he was a full grown adult, 5th year player going up against kids right out of high school too.
Whats a dumb argument? You seem to be responding to something I never said.

For the record I'm not a fan of either QB, but if someone is making a pro JJ argument then I think it's fair to point out he never once carried his team via his arm.

Comparing career 300 yard games from a 3rd year QB vs a 6th year QB is what I was referring to as a bad argument. I don’t think Penix is a prospect with a shot at being a high level starter for a long time. McCarthy maybe has a chance. The hearts and smarts part of the equation plus the youth for him seem to be in his favor. Much better chance of a young guy with a history of being a winner blooming into something than a guy it took 6 years to make a mark like Penix. Plus I hate Penix accuracy under pressure and his throwing motion.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:01 pm

Steelperch wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:48 pm
Comparing career 300 yard games from a 3rd year QB vs a 6th year QB is what I was referring to as a bad argument. I don’t think Penix is a prospect with a shot at being a high level starter for a long time. McCarthy maybe has a chance. The hearts and smarts part of the equation plus the youth for him seem to be in his favor. Much better chance of a young guy with a history of being a winner blooming into something than a guy it took 6 years to make a mark like Penix. Plus I hate Penix accuracy under pressure and his throwing motion.
Fair enough, but Penix had more 300+ yard games during his JR season at Indiana (the short COVID year) than JJ had in his career (that includes nearly 500 vs Ohio State).

I was responding to a post dogging Penix's lack of production against top defenses. If someone is going to make that comment, it's fair to point out that the same criticism applies to McCarthy in spades.

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:18 pm

Steelperch wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:42 pm
stillthere wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:40 pm
My only 2 cents without reading beyond the first page is the only reason to sign him would be that you could get him for league minimum while Denver pays his salary.

Personally, I think he is done. Can he play football? Yes. Will he lead the Steelers to a Lombardi? Extremely doubtful.
The goal is NHALS, NHALS is the goal. Russ makes that damn near a lock. If he accidentally wins a playoff game or two it’s a bonus. I just would be way more entertained with Wilson at QB over Kenny Pickett.
I agree. It will be a cruel twist of fate if I have to root for Wilson next season. I cannot stand that guy.

But his throw against the Bills last season was probably top-3 TD pass last year, and he also threw a total bomb late in the season against I think the Chargers that maybe 3 other dudes in the league could throw.

He’s a shell of his former self, defensive coaches know how to neutralize him because he thinks as a Hobbit he can be a pocket passer. He cannot. He gets sacked a shitload because he’s short and cannot see the field. Imagine trying to throw over the middle at that size if the pass has to go over DeForest Buckner or Arik Armstead.

But for his physical shortcomings the dude has put together an amazing career. Probably HoF bound. But he’s nothing like 2012 - 2019 Wilson.
“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

franco>madden

Post by franco>madden » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:40 pm

More Russ Wilson-to-the-Stillers vs. Pickett/Rudolph speculation from the Post-Gazette via NYPost ...

(Wilson) is on the Steelers’ radar, The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Thursday, “and are tentatively planning to meet” with Wilson before free agency begins ... Wilson also “has interest in joining the Steelers,” per the report."
https://nypost.com/2024/03/07/sports/fi ... cy-report/

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:50 pm

that is the dilemma - the steelers aren’t going to do a rebuild … NhALS is the mission and will be for a while. so making picks for the future and hoping for a top line QB in this draft or next is a pipe dream. so pick your poison / Lil Kenny, russel wilson or some later pick QB this year.

for me i would take the last choice, because ..:: maybe we strike gold or maybe we suck and actually get a nice pick next year and put an end to this stupid pursuit of mediocrity …. and with lil kenny or russel and this current team philosophy we aren’t winning shit. we are stuck in the wasteland of stable revenue and gettin’ paid

an organization tip to bottom just trying to get paid

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:54 pm

Steelperch wrote:
stillthere wrote:
My only 2 cents without reading beyond the first page is the only reason to sign him would be that you could get him for league minimum while Denver pays his salary.

Personally, I think he is done. Can he play football? Yes. Will he lead the Steelers to a Lombardi? Extremely doubtful.
The goal is NHALS, NHALS is the goal. Russ makes that damn near a lock. If he accidentally wins a playoff game or two it’s a bonus. I just would be way more entertained with Wilson at QB over Kenny Pickett.
We got the NHALS with a washed Ben and Rudolph then with Pickett and Trubisky and with Pickett, Trubisky and Rudolph.

It’d be real interesting to see Wilson fighting for his first NHALS award.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:03 pm

But, if you sign Wilson:

1. He is the de facto starter and what you get is inevitably better than the quarterback play we’ve seen for the last 24 months.

2. Pickett gets to “compete at camp” but we know that he won’t be the starter.

3. Draft another QB to be third stringer or sign another has been or shitty 3rd stringer off the streetz. Nobody cares at that point.

4. Mason walks and gets his chance elsewhere.

All that means you draft the LEGIT next guy in 2025, you get to see if Wilson can have a redemption song, and Pickett realizes rather quickly his ceiling in this league is a mid-tier backup.

Boom. Done.

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:13 pm

Orangesteel wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:03 pm
But, if you sign Wilson:

1. He is the de facto starter and what you get is inevitably better than the quarterback play we’ve seen for the last 24 months.

3. Draft another QB to be third stringer or sign another has been or shitty 3rd stringer off the streetz. Nobody cares at that point.

All that means you draft the LEGIT next guy in 2025, you get to see if Wilson can have a redemption song, and Pickett realizes rather quickly his ceiling in this league is a mid-tier backup.

Boom. Done.
We all want them to be great, but that just isn’t in the cards for this bunch right now. This makes them a bit more relevant, a couple steps better, and 100 times more interesting. Wilson adds an element of experience, talent and drama. If we’re gonna have a shit show, let’s make it a shit circus. I’ve got my popcorn 🍿 ready!

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:15 pm

Pabst wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:01 pm
Steelperch wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:48 pm
Fair enough, but Penix had more 300+ yard games during his JR season at Indiana (the short COVID year) than JJ had in his career (that includes nearly 500 vs Ohio State).

I was responding to a post dogging Penix's lack of production against top defenses. If someone is going to make that comment, it's fair to point out that the same criticism applies to McCarthy in spades.
It’s cool, I’m not trying to get deep down that rabbit hole of an argument about a couple QB prospects we have almost no chance of the Steelers drafting. I think the Wilson thing for a year or two then position the team to move up for a legit QB in the draft after that is in the cards.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:16 pm

gojira5150 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:31 pm
jebrick wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:13 pm
Steelperch wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:31 pm

The bar is so low, anything is an upgrade. Washed Russell Wilson would at least be interesting to watch.
^^This^^ is exactly it. I do not think they Bring in Wilson. Tannehill is still going to be signed to mentor Kenny and the next QB the Steelers draft in 2025
I've seen this posted here, WHO will the Steelers draft next year (2025) to play QB when they will be drafting 18-23. Who?1? Who will supposedly fall into their lap that will be better than Penix right now.
Ewers
Carson Beck
Will Howard
Cam Ward
TJ Finley
Taylen Green
Noah Fifita

They can't all go in the top 15. Go and get the one who falls within range.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:18 pm

Orangesteel wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:18 pm
Steelperch wrote:
stillthere wrote:

I agree. It will be a cruel twist of fate if I have to root for Wilson next season. I cannot stand that guy.

But his throw against the Bills last season was probably top-3 TD pass last year, and he also threw a total bomb late in the season against I think the Chargers that maybe 3 other dudes in the league could throw.

He’s a shell of his former self, defensive coaches know how to neutralize him because he thinks as a Hobbit he can be a pocket passer. He cannot. He gets sacked a shitload because he’s short and cannot see the field. Imagine trying to throw over the middle at that size if the pass has to go over DeForest Buckner or Arik Armstead.

But for his physical shortcomings the dude has put together an amazing career. Probably HoF bound. But he’s nothing like 2012 - 2019 Wilson.
I don’t get it.

If Wilson made all these great throws and got his Mojo back, why would the Broncos cut a guy loose they have a ridiculous amount of money owed too?

Obviously Sean Payton hated Wilson. Not sure that’s even debatable and from everything I’ve read, his teammates weren’t exactly sad to see Russ cut.

Personally, I’m not even sure Wilson is washed. I think he got his money, got a ring, got a hot successful wife and now…..what was that line from “Office Space?”

“It’s not that I’m lazy. It’s that I just don’t care.”

That’s the vibe I get from Wilson and I think the coaching staff and more importantly, Wilson’s teammates saw exactly that.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Ice

Post by Ice » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:50 pm

True, but the Broncos don't have the Winged God of Leaders of Men as their HC, so, you know, there's that.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

CoolShades

Post by CoolShades » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:00 am

K_C_ wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:18 pm

I don’t get it.

If Wilson made all these great throws and got his Mojo back, why would the Broncos cut a guy loose they have a ridiculous amount of money owed too?

Obviously Sean Payton hated Wilson. Not sure that’s even debatable and from everything I’ve read, his teammates weren’t exactly sad to see Russ cut.

Personally, I’m not even sure Wilson is washed. I think he got his money, got a ring, got a hot successful wife and now…..what was that line from “Office Space?”

That’s the vibe I get from Wilson and I think the coaching staff and more importantly, Wilson’s teammates saw exactly that.
I don’t get this either.

The Pickett hate is so bizarre to me. And it’s totally misplaced.

The problem isn’t Pickett. The problem is and has been Tomlin. It’s amazing how no one is even talking about this dickhead and how he has mismanaged everything he’s touched any longer. Now, everyone is debating the QB. We are slurping on a locker room cancer like Russell Wilson, based on a “report” by Dulac, a guy with a clear agenda. He hates Pickett. The Pittsburgh media all wanted Canada gone, and once that scalp was claimed, blood was in the water. The sharks were looking for a new target. And they are too weak (or too woke) to go after Mediocre Mike. So, they’ve turned their sites to Pickett - it’s a full court press on slamming him. They don’t care if it’s Wilson, Fields, or whoever. It doesn’t matter. But they will never go after Saint Mike, the Patron Saint of NHALS. Nothing is ever that fuckin’ guy’s fault or responsibility.

Tomlin, the master of NHALS, will keep his job longer than the Pope.

Fuck this guy. The damage he’s done to the franchise may be permanent.
Mike Tomlin and NHALS - The embodiment of the soft bigotry of lowered expectations.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:46 am

CoolShades wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:00 am
K_C_ wrote:

I don’t get it.

I don’t get this either.

The problem isn’t Pickett. The problem is and has been Tomlin. It’s amazing how no one is even talking about this dickhead and how he has mismanaged everything he’s touched any longer. Now, everyone is debating the QB. We are slurping on a locker room cancer like Russell Wilson, based on a “report” by Dulac, a guy with a clear agenda. He hates Pickett. The Pittsburgh media all wanted Canada gone, and once that scalp was claimed, blood was in the water. The sharks were looking for a new target. And they are too weak (or too woke) to go after Mediocre Mike. So, they’ve turned their sites to Pickett - it’s a full court press on slamming him. They don’t care if it’s Wilson, Fields, or whoever. It doesn’t matter. But they will never go after Saint Mike, the Patron Saint of NHALS. Nothing is ever that fuckin’ guy’s fault or responsibility.

Yeah…you’re right. Nobody bitches about Tomlin.
Holy fucking shit! :roll:
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

steelmann58

Post by steelmann58 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:09 am

Wilson will love Tomlin

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:22 am

K_C_ wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:18 pm
Steelperch wrote:

I don’t get it.

Not all these great throws. He made two great throws. That’s all.

But he’s far better than Kenny has been. So as someone that is hoping to watch competitive football next season I’m kinda just like “fuck it, fine” bring him in.

In other words, we’ve seen the absolute worst the last two seasons and achieved NHALS. Pickett blows. So bring in Wilson for a year or two and look to get the REAL heir apparent in the 2025 draft.

If it means doing so with a new HC so be it.

Post by 955876 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:30 am

You won’t catch me defending Jibbs at all. However, the Pickett hate isn’t bizarre at all and is totally warranted.

The guy was the 1st QB off the board and yet plays the game literally living in his fears. Making matters worse is the fact he has a mediocre arm at best which only magnifies his problems.

I’m sure Jibba Jabber hasn’t helped the situation so to that point I concur.

However, a rusty as fuck Mason Rudolph (who’s been exposed to Jibbs even longer) came off the bench and shit all over anything lil Ken has been able to do.

In the same offense. With the same plays. With the same players. With the same pretender HC roaming the sideline.

So ya, the hate is far from misplaced.

I’ll be happy to give PR Pickett some credit if/when he actually starts putting up numbers that are better than the not only league worst, but the HISTORICALLY bad numbers he’s been putting on tape.

He’s been awful. And boring as fuck to watch as well…
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

CoolShades

Post by CoolShades » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:18 am

955876 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:30 am
You won’t catch me defending Jibbs at all. However, the Pickett hate isn’t bizarre at all and is totally warranted.

The guy was the 1st QB off the board and yet plays the game literally living in his fears. Making matters worse is the fact he has a mediocre arm at best which only magnifies his problems.

However, a rusty as fuck Mason Rudolph (who’s been exposed to Jibbs even longer) came off the bench and shit all over anything lil Ken has been able to do.

In the same offense. With the same plays. With the same players. With the same pretender HC roaming the sideline.

I’ll be happy to give PR Pickett some credit if/when he actually starts putting up numbers that are better than the not only league worst, but the HISTORICALLY bad numbers he’s been putting on tape.

I’m not defending Kenny’s play. I just think to get in a twist over Pickett is missing the point. This team has been the picture of mediocrity for well over a decade now. And the reason is always someone other than Tomlin.

For a couple of glorious weeks last season, that arrogant buffoon was finally getting some blowback. And then Rudolph came in, played no one, won 3 games, and everyone forgot what a shit coaching job Cool Shades did again, because the Steelers achieved NHALS. Rudolph shit the bed against Buffalo, the Steelers lose another playoff game, and the entire offseason has been a circle jerk of QB talk. Mason should be the starter... Kenny sucks... sign Wilson... draft x.

It doesn’t fucking matter. It will never matter until Jibbs is gone. But now, no one is even talking about him. He’s been completely ignored since the season ended. The entire city, media and fan base has just accepted that he’s getting another extension.
Not since the Steelers hit NHALS. And that’s my point. I haven’t heard a talking head calling for his head since the Steelers got the 7th seed. Now it’s all about “what a great job Tomlin did”.

Even the fanbase has quieted down with Tomlin noise.

The Steelers are in Tomlin Hell.
Mike Tomlin and NHALS - The embodiment of the soft bigotry of lowered expectations.

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:37 am

955876 wrote:

The guy was the 1st QB off the board and yet plays the game literally living in his fears.
Which is exactly the way the HC wants him to play. Remember Ben looking like shit for 3 and a half quarters of every damn game his last couple years until he ditched the playbook and did whatever the fuck he wanted? When Rudolph came in, and I still can't believe we're talking about this turd, Tomlin was in desperation mode and I wouldn't be surprised if Rudolph was as well, chucking it down field auditioning for another job. I have no doubt Pickett has been fucked in the head by the fraud in charge and his horrible OC. Can he be salvaged? I doubt it but does it really matter? Until Tomlin is gone we're banished to never had a losing season. That's all he'll get with Wilson as well and we'll continue to draft in the latter half of the first round making the likelihood we ever get a stud QB next to nil. Even if they draft someone with more natural talent later in the draft, do you have any hope Tomlin will even try to develop him let alone can?
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:54 am

After reading this, how can it not be a lock he's the QB next year? This is the most perfect Tomlin QB there could ever be.

Warren Sharp
@SharpFootball
some wild marks from Russell Wilson last year

he threw 27% of his passes behind the line of scrimmage

#1 highest out of 509 QBs since 2005

he threw 62% of his passes within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage

#2 highest out of 509 QBs since 2005

Sean Payton had no confidence in Wilson's intermediate passing

the 2023 Broncos had the least amount of intermediate passing of any offense since 2005

Wilson threw just 26% of his passes between 5-15 yards downfield

#1 lowest out of 509 QBs since 2005

it was nothing but record breaking rates of underneath passes and the occasional moon ball downfield

*509 QBs in sample with a min 300 att in a season
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:18 am

I like the potential Russell Wilson signing for much of the same reason I liked Tommy Maddox. Maddox helped break the franchise’s love affair with Kordell Stewart after it was apparent Kordell was never going to evolve into a top level NFL passer. Russell Wilson will signify the end of the lil Ken era and bring us closer to going all in on a young franchise QB in a year or two. I’m here for that. Let little Ken throw a fit. It’ll go 2 yards and be behind its target anyway.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:03 pm

Steelperch wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:18 am
I like the potential Russell Wilson signing for much of the same reason I liked Tommy Maddox. Maddox helped break the franchise’s love affair with Kordell Stewart after it was apparent Kordell was never going to evolve into a top level NFL passer. Russell Wilson will signify the end of the lil Ken era and bring us closer to going all in on a young franchise QB in a year or two. I’m here for that. Let little Ken throw a fit. It’ll go 2 yards and be behind its target anyway.
I’m in!
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

anpsteel

Post by anpsteel » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm

Steelperch wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:13 pm
Orangesteel wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:03 pm
But, if you sign Wilson:

Boom. Done.
We all want them to be great, but that just isn’t in the cards for this bunch right now. This makes them a bit more relevant, a couple steps better, and 100 times more interesting. Wilson adds an element of experience, talent and drama. If we’re gonna have a shit show, let’s make it a shit circus. I’ve got my popcorn 🍿 ready!
The beauty of this situation, is the massive mismanagement that will become apparent.

Imagine, Mason moving on, and having a top 10 QB season.

The Steelers signing Wilson, and he has a russell wilson season. Meaning, in general he isn't good, but... that isn't good, is better than Pickett.

Pickett gets to play in a few games due to injury, and shows that he just doesn't have it.

It's a shame that in most organizations, that might very well get the person in charge, fires for gross mismanagement, but Tomlin is probably safe.

DP39

Post by DP39 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:44 pm

CoolShades wrote:
K_C_ wrote:

I don’t get it.

I don’t get this either.

I get it. After originally starting out as one of MT's biggest supporters, I've since been trying to expose Mediocre Mike for close to a decade --- it's gotten somewhat tiresome. After doing it on here for years, a handful of his blind followers continued to bitch about it, and even decided I was sort of racist. :roll: I still know that Tomlin is THE problem (and Art II is THE enabler), but I know I can't change it, so I just don't get into the weeds about it as much anymore -- doesn't mean that I have changed my mind on him one bit! I know the weak, woke-ass media isn't going to call him out, so I don't waste my time with it (or reading/watching them) much -- they haven't earned my valuable time.

As for Pickett, I could care less about him, where he went to school, etc... I literally have NO dog in that fight. But, so far, my eyes have shown me he'll probably never be above average, even on his best day, (playing for Mediocre Mike, at least), so I'm indifferent there. I'm basically in the same boat as Perch. At this point, I just want to be more entertained if I have to keep watching MT continuously drag this franchise through the gutters of mediocrity. Better QB play may offer me more entertainment, at least, and Russ Wilson offers little downside that I can see. Yes, I still want Tomlin gone more than anyone, but I also know I personally can't make that happen -- so why not be more entertained by the train-wreck that is Mediocre Mike.

As I've said on here for years...."Mike Tomlin IS the blind leading THE blind." Like me, some folks just have better vision and can spot that truth from much farther away than others -- especially those with shortsightedness due to the blinders they wear.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:07 pm

DP39 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:44 pm
CoolShades wrote:
K_C_ wrote:

I don’t get it.

I don’t get this either.

I get it. After originally starting out as one of MT's biggest supporters, I've since been trying to expose Mediocre Mike for close to a decade --- it's gotten somewhat tiresome. After doing it on here for years, a handful of his blind followers continued to bitch about it, and even decided I was sort of racist. :roll: I still know that Tomlin is THE problem (and Art II is THE enabler), but I know I can't change it, so I just don't get into the weeds about it as much anymore -- doesn't mean that I have changed my mind on him one bit! I know the weak, woke-ass media isn't going to call him out, so I don't waste my time with it (or reading/watching them) much -- they haven't earned my valuable time.

As for Pickett, I could care less about him, where he went to school, etc... I literally have NO dog in that fight. But, so far, my eyes have shown me he'll probably never be above average, even on his best day, (playing for Mediocre Mike, at least), so I'm indifferent there. I'm basically in the same boat as Perch. At this point, I just want to be more entertained if I have to keep watching MT continuously drag this franchise through the gutters of mediocrity. Better QB play may offer me more entertainment, at least, and Russ Wilson offers little downside that I can see. Yes, I still want Tomlin gone more than anyone, but I also know I personally can't make that happen -- so why not be more entertained by the train-wreck that is Mediocre Mike.

As I've said on here for years...."Mike Tomlin IS the blind leading THE blind." Like me, some folks just have better vision and can spot that truth from much farther away than others -- especially those with shortsightedness due to the blinders they wear.
Well said!

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:48 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:16 pm
gojira5150 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:31 pm
jebrick wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:13 pm

^^This^^ is exactly it. I do not think they Bring in Wilson. Tannehill is still going to be signed to mentor Kenny and the next QB the Steelers draft in 2025
I've seen this posted here, WHO will the Steelers draft next year (2025) to play QB when they will be drafting 18-23. Who?1? Who will supposedly fall into their lap that will be better than Penix right now.
Ewers
Carson Beck
Will Howard
Cam Ward
TJ Finley
Taylen Green
Noah Fifita

They can't all go in the top 15. Go and get the one who falls within range.
I would pound the table for Beck
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

Steeldrama

Post by Steeldrama » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:13 pm

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Russell Wilson had an “exploratory meeting” with the Giants.
Wilson was spotted at the Newark Airport on his way to meet in person with Mike Tomlin and the Steelers. It’s an interesting development, and one that shows the Giants are ready and willing to safeguard against another disastrous season from Daniel Jones. As much as Wilson struggled in Denver over the past two years, he would be a marked upgrade over Jones. Wilson in 2023 was 21st in drop back success rate; Jones was 35th, just below Deshaun Watson and Aidan O’Connell.
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

Thrillsseeker

Post by Thrillsseeker » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:19 pm

CoolShades wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:18 am
955876 wrote:

I’m not defending Kenny’s play. I just think to get in a twist over Pickett is missing the point. This team has been the picture of mediocrity for well over a decade now. And the reason is always someone other than Tomlin.

For a couple of glorious weeks last season, that arrogant buffoon was finally getting some blowback. And then Rudolph came in, played no one, won 3 games, and everyone forgot what a shit coaching job Cool Shades did again, because the Steelers achieved NHALS. Rudolph shit the bed against Buffalo, the Steelers lose another playoff game, and the entire offseason has been a circle jerk of QB talk. Mason should be the starter... Kenny sucks... sign Wilson... draft x.

It doesn’t fucking matter. It will never matter until Jibbs is gone. But now, no one is even talking about him. He’s been completely ignored since the season ended. The entire city, media and fan base has just accepted that he’s getting another extension.
Not since the Steelers hit NHALS. And that’s my point. I haven’t heard a talking head calling for his head since the Steelers got the 7th seed. Now it’s all about “what a great job Tomlin did”.

Even the fanbase has quieted down with Tomlin noise.

The Steelers are in Tomlin Hell.
You’re not wrong. It’s maddening.

Mick

Post by Mick » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:20 pm

Ewers is awful,

Beck, Howard, Finley, Ward, and Green are overagers,

And Fifita lists himself at 5’11” 194.

Are there any legitimate prospects next year?

gojira5150

Post by gojira5150 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:05 pm

Mick wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:20 pm
Ewers is awful,

Beck, Howard, Finley, Ward, and Green are overagers,

And Fifita lists himself at 5’11” 194.

Are there any legitimate prospects next year?
NO!! If Penix is there at 20, they'd be dumb not to take him. Have him sit a year behind Wilson to learn (I think Penix could start right away like Stroud). Penix can then take over the following year. Jordan Love sat 3 years and look how that turned out for the Packers.
Obliteration Is Imminent

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic