Pens vs Blues (12/2/22)

Here's the place for all matters puck. Be kind to your fellow posters, please.
Pabst

Pens vs Blues (12/2/22)

Post by Pabst » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:29 am

I'll be chirping with my Blues brethren most of tomorrow, so getting this up now

To call the Blues "streaky" would be an understatement. Here is their season thus far:
Won 3
Lost 8
Won 7
Lost 4 of 5

St Louis does one thing well: Power Play, which is currently humming at 25%

St Louis does everything else poorly. Their PK is an abysmal 68%. They are 23rd in goals scored and 27th in goals allowed. Both goaltenders have a GAA over 3 and save % under .900

Will discuss Pens and lines tomorrow

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:50 pm

Until today, I didn't know that three rivers flow into the Mississippi in and around St Louis.
The Meramec/ River des Peres/ and the Missouri.

Saw it on Aerial America this morning. Great show by the way.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:26 pm

fractalsteel wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:50 pm
Until today, I didn't know that three rivers flow into the Mississippi in and around St Louis.

I never knew that either until I lived in the area. But to be fair, the Meramac and Des Peres are pretty dang small. The Des Peres in particular is barely a creek most of the time. For comparison: it's discharge is under 100 cubic feet/second. The Mon River is over 12,000.

The Missouri River is a whole different ballgame, though.

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:55 pm

Pabst wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:26 pm
fractalsteel wrote:

I never knew that either until I lived in the area. But to be fair, the Meramac and Des Peres are pretty dang small. The Des Peres in particular is barely a creek most of the time. For comparison: it's discharge is under 100 cubic feet/second. The Mon River is over 12,000.

The Des Peres has been rerouted and parts are underground. In current times it is used for sanitation purposes.

The Missouri is the longest river in the US.
IDK if any of you have driven on I 90 through South Dakota but when you approach the Missouri(about a 1/3 of the way into the state going West) the land drops off into a river valley.
I have made that drive a half dozen times, once in a flooded state. Talk about a lot of water.
Once you cross the Missouri the landscape in SD changes dramatically. A couple more hours and you can start to see the beginning of The Badlands which is an incredible place. Be wary of rattlesnakes.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:53 pm

fractalsteel wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:55 pm
Pabst wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:

The Des Peres has been rerouted and parts are underground. In current times it is used for sanitation purposes.

IDK if any of you have driven on I 90 through South Dakota but when you approach the Missouri(about a 1/3 of the way into the state going West) the land drops off into a river valley.
I have made that drive a half dozen times, once in a flooded state. Talk about a lot of water.
Once you cross the Missouri the landscape in SD changes dramatically. A couple more hours and you can start to see the beginning of The Badlands which is an incredible place. Be wary of rattlesnakes.
Honestly didn't know that, although now that you say it that makes sense. When I've driven over the Des Peres it definitely looks like a runoff system.

I've driven as far as Sioux Falls and have spent time in Bismarck, so I've flanked both sides of the Badlands but have never been. Sounds gorgeous though. On my bucket list

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:21 am

Kap strikes again

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:36 am

Kap making the most of his resurrection. Goofa him.
“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:44 am

Kap on a pace...great to see him put a few in. Nice feed from 71.

Berube looks like he might grab a fan and beat the shit out them.

Jarry has made some nice saves but surely he would like to have that goal back.

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:48 am

Nice acting job Zucker.

Went from a 4 minute high stick to no call, which is correct but why did they call a high stick when his stick was nowhere near the head. Blind fuckers.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:54 am

I know the first wasn't technically a PP goal, but nice to see that unit put 2 on the board

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:10 am

Pabst wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:54 am
I know the first wasn't technically a PP goal, but nice to see that unit put 2 on the board
Still needs to improve. Gave up a few shortie chances.

I would like to see the Birdies come out and continue their good play. Too often they have a bad period after a dominating 20 minutes.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:29 am

OK, who had a Kasperi Kapanen hat trick on their bingo card?

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:32 am

Kap with 3
More importantly,where were the ice Bunnies collecting all the hats?

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:11 am

Cheeks Klapenen

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:53 am

That was enjoyable

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:48 pm

That whole sequence with Binnington hitting Zucker in the face, a phantom penalty, the reversal, Binnington then getting scored on by Zucker, getting pulled, skating by the Pens bench talking shit, Zucker giving him the shrug, getting a 10-minute misconduct, and Greiss catching an edge and going flying through the net was a glorious minute or three of hockey television.
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3× 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:13 pm

That was entertaining to watch that sequence go down.

Binnington tried to check Jordan Staal the other night behind his net. He got his ass run over.

DP39

Post by DP39 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:29 pm

fractalsteel wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:55 pm
Pabst wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:

I've made that drive myself several times, beautiful. I've taken the family on multiple long trips out that way; absolutely love it out there...WY, SD,ND, MT, CO and UT. Can't wait to get back.

Nice win for the Pens. Fun watch. Glad to see Kap and Rusty get off the schneid.

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:33 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:48 pm
That whole sequence with Binnington hitting Zucker in the face, a phantom penalty, the reversal, Binnington then getting scored on by Zucker, getting pulled, skating by the Pens bench talking shit, Zucker giving him the shrug, getting a 10-minute misconduct, and Greiss catching an edge and going flying through the net was a glorious minute or three of hockey television.
:lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic