Pens vs Flyers (5/4/21)

Here's the place for all matters puck. Be kind to your fellow posters, please.
DP39

Re: Pens vs Flyers (5/4/21)

Post by DP39 » Wed May 05, 2021 8:20 pm

Pabst wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:17 pm
Shot:
Frank Seravalli
@frank_seravalli
Sources say that #NYR president John Davidson and GM Jeff Gorton scurried to distance themselves from the team statement that was issued on Tuesday night, telling other executives that they did not know it was in the works until after it was released.

Chaser:
Larry Brooks
@NYP_Brooksie
BREAKING. Shocker. Rangers have fired John Davidson and Jeff Gorton, Post has learned. Chris Drury will remain with organization and will have prominent role.
Wow!

One player is out for the season, two FO guys careers are over -- and their ability to provide for their entire families, and all Wilson got was fined $5K -- about the same amount of money he made sitting the sin-bin for 14 minutes.

And it's all because Tom Wilson decided he wanted to choke out, or worse, snap a defenseless guys neck between his stick and a punch to the side of his head.

What's wrong with this picture?

I have a feeling the NHL is the one that is going to be experiencing the hangover from that shot and chaser. Then again, there's always the Jerry Jones play....there's no such thing as bad publicity! :roll:

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Wed May 05, 2021 8:48 pm

Just so everyone knows - Caps/Rangers is on NBCSN this evening

I want a repeat of 2011 Pens/Islanders tonight :lol:

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Wed May 05, 2021 9:15 pm

Even Dupuis tossed in that one.

SteelPro

Post by SteelPro » Wed May 05, 2021 9:58 pm

Hey @NYRangers, give me a one game contract for tonight’s game and I’ll take care of @tom_wilso... lol

@georgeslaraque
People who quote themselves look like dogs who lick their balls

- Deebo referring to SteelerDayTrader

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Wed May 05, 2021 11:12 pm

3 fights breakout a second in.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Wed May 05, 2021 11:17 pm

Make it 4 fights!

Wilson gets jumped as soon as he takes the ice for his first shift.

The announcers nailed it - All this gets avoided if the league suspended Wilson for this game

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Wed May 05, 2021 11:23 pm

6 now!
Running out of bodies.

And Yes Pabst, a one game suspension avoids this. Another black eye for the league.

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Wed May 05, 2021 11:26 pm

More players in the box than SOG's for both teams.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Wed May 05, 2021 11:59 pm

100 penalty minutes assessed in the 1st period.

3 players ejected, including Wilson.

I demand more blood, damnit!

BethlehemSteel

Post by BethlehemSteel » Thu May 06, 2021 12:23 am

SteelPro wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:49 pm
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:40 pm
fractalsteel wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 2:36 pm
Most NHL fans see through the leagues action concerning both incidents. Sadly, this is how the league is run and many have come to expect these head scratching decisions.
The Flyers would serve themselves well to put out a statement much like the Rangers organization did.

As far as the game last night, a much better outcome.
I will say though, the Birdies were terrible defensively in the first period. You might be saying the Flyers only had 7 SOG but they had just as many chances close in and around the Pens net and failed to get shots on net. Get those shots on net and maybe we were looking at a different game.
Too many good scoring chances for the Flyers the first 20 minutes.

I thought the Pens played much harder last night and they were a menace to the Flyers in the OZ but they never truly insulated their own goal until later in the contest.

I'm a little troubled by Rust after he was out for a good while. He returned after a long absence but he didn't seem to have that same burst he had shown earlier in the contest.

One last thing, when the Pens were on the PP and it began with the second unit(1:20 worth of ice time) I was really impressed by Kapanen and his abilities to run the point. He made great decisions with the puck and he showed off his skillful passing abilities.
The Flyers are too Cucked by Comcast's golden purse-strings and pure incompetence.
If Snider were alive, he'd make that statement....as his did dozens of times before calling out the League.
Might that change now that NBC is out as a broadcast partner?
No. Comcast owns the flyers. Comcast philly, Chicago, pacific,etc..sports channels are remaining to cover their local teams. Just no more nbcsports network as they’re different channels on the dial. Guess I’m watching less nhl as espn is delisted on setup. Lol
"If our team doesn't face enough adversity early on in a season, I create it. Nothing builds a team like adversity." ~ Mike Tomlin

BethlehemSteel

Post by BethlehemSteel » Thu May 06, 2021 12:25 am

Pabst wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:59 pm
100 penalty minutes assessed in the 1st period.

3 players ejected, including Wilson.

I demand more blood, damnit!
What did I say last night? Must see tv and I am amazed at seeing 6 tilts I. The 1st. Buchneivich just got 5 mins for crosschecking. Wilson did t return after the first. UBI. Lol
Prob sat down by coach Pete
"If our team doesn't face enough adversity early on in a season, I create it. Nothing builds a team like adversity." ~ Mike Tomlin

BethlehemSteel

Post by BethlehemSteel » Thu May 06, 2021 12:27 am

Ghost is Here. Got 2 games

Love the autocorrect.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Thu May 06, 2021 12:42 am

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:25 am
Prob sat down by coach Pete
Wilson got ejected.

BethlehemSteel

Post by BethlehemSteel » Thu May 06, 2021 1:14 am

No he didn’t

He got 10 min misconduct and they announced him out at intermission with UBI

The Washington Capitals have announced that Tom Wilson suffered an upper-body injury and won't return to Wednesday's game against the New York Rangers.
The game between the Rangers and Capitals has somehow exceeded expectations, with fights breaking out throughout the opening period. As Wilson made his first steps onto the ice, he was immediately confronted by New York's Brendan Smith and the two engaged in a hard fought fight. Wilson left the ice in the opening period after getting a 10-minute misconduct for an exchange with Kevin Rooney and the Capitals announced he wouldn't return a little while later. We'll provide an update on Wilson's status when one is provided by the team.

Louis Lipps Service

Post by Louis Lipps Service » Thu May 06, 2021 1:51 am

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:14 am
No he didn’t

The Washington Capitals have announced that Tom Wilson suffered an upper-body injury and won't return to Wednesday's game against the New York Rangers.
The game between the Rangers and Capitals has somehow exceeded expectations, with fights breaking out throughout the opening period. As Wilson made his first steps onto the ice, he was immediately confronted by New York's Brendan Smith and the two engaged in a hard fought fight. Wilson left the ice in the opening period after getting a 10-minute misconduct for an exchange with Kevin Rooney and the Capitals announced he wouldn't return a little while later. We'll provide an update on Wilson's status when one is provided by the team.
Wilson took a pretty bad slash to the wrist before leaving for that 10 misconduct penalty and was in pain walking off the ice. I wouldn’t be shocked if he actually was hurt.

Not that I’d feel the slightest bit bad about it.

That said, it’s equally possible that Wash wanted to get him out of the maelstrom and save him for the playoffs that he shouldn’t be allowed to play in.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Thu May 06, 2021 1:53 am

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:14 am
No he didn’t

Thanks, my bad.

I was making dinner and heard "misconduct" while seeing him go to the locker room. Just assumed it was for the game.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Thu May 06, 2021 3:09 pm

:lol:

NHL Player Safety
@NHLPlayerSafety
·
1h
NY Rangers’ Pavel Buchnevich will have a hearing today for High-sticking Washington’s Anthony Mantha.

Louis Lipps Service

Post by Louis Lipps Service » Thu May 06, 2021 3:28 pm

Pabst wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:09 pm
:lol:

NHL Player Safety
@NHLPlayerSafety
·
1h
NY Rangers’ Pavel Buchnevich will have a hearing today for High-sticking Washington’s Anthony Mantha.

To be a fly on that wall….

SteelWIll

Post by SteelWIll » Thu May 06, 2021 4:02 pm

hope he tells the NHL to go fuck themselves and walks out...

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Thu May 06, 2021 5:01 pm

What I really want to see is Buchnevich get a $5k fine and enjoy the schadenfreude of Caps' fans losing their minds.

SteelWIll

Post by SteelWIll » Thu May 06, 2021 6:47 pm

Rangers fined $250k for their comments---utter BS...

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Thu May 06, 2021 8:38 pm

Buchnevich is suspended for 1 game. What a joke.

If I'm the Pens/Bruins/Islanders, then I am doing everything possible to get under Wilson's skin during the playoffs. Every hockey fan outside of Washington (and the league office, apparently) wants the book thrown at him next time he fucks up. He'll be under a microscope.

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Thu May 06, 2021 8:58 pm

It is clear that the part of the NHL that handles player safety is out of whack and lacks any consistency to say the least.
Yet, the league has run the regular season fairly well considering all the problems. The division only scenario, while a bit much for a purists taste was a great idea. And they ran a great postseason last year.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic