Penguins Isles Game One

Here's the place for all matters puck. Be kind to your fellow posters, please.
Pabst

Re: Penguins Isles Game One

Post by Pabst » Sun May 16, 2021 7:53 pm

Haven't read anything in the thread and hardly saw any of the game, but wanted to pop in and lighten the mood.

The Pabst twins arrived at 4:15 this morning. The boys and mom are doing great. Everyone is sleeping right now, but I'm totally wired on coffee

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Sun May 16, 2021 7:54 pm

Pabst wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:53 pm
Haven't read anything in the thread and hardly saw any of the game, but wanted to pop in and lighten the mood.

The Pabst twins arrived at 4:15 this morning. The boys and mom are doing great. Everyone is sleeping right now, but I'm totally wired on coffee
Congrats broham!
“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Sun May 16, 2021 8:19 pm

Pens just are duds in the playoffs these days. I don’t know what it is. I’m not hitting the panic button yet but they get bounced in the first round this year the Sullivan era is over. Getting to the playoffs is not the goal, not for this franchise.

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Sun May 16, 2021 8:34 pm

Pabst wrote:

GREAT NEWS

Congrats

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Sun May 16, 2021 8:36 pm

Pabst wrote:

Congrats Pabst...and good luck! ;)
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

DP39

Post by DP39 » Sun May 16, 2021 8:41 pm

Pabst wrote:

Congrats, Pabst...and momma too!

Ice

Post by Ice » Sun May 16, 2021 8:42 pm

Pabst wrote:

Congratulations, man! Great stuff.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Sun May 16, 2021 8:46 pm

Congrats man. You've just doubled your fun!! Enjoy and best of luck!!
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon May 17, 2021 1:46 pm

With a night's sleep under my belt, I'm willing to chalk up some of the slop and slather to the extended time off, especially for Jarry, but this puts some serious pressure on next game. The Pens are the faster, better team, they just need to put together a whole game, and in addition to holding the zone, would be nice to see the PP score. There was some serious good to take out of that game, but the soft goals and scoreboard make it harder to see.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Mon May 17, 2021 3:17 pm

Just watched this.

If Jarry is going to play like that...we are sunk.
“Yeah we suck, be there is a chance we could suck slightly more if we try to correct the problem.” - Art Deuce (summarized by SteelPerch)

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Mon May 17, 2021 4:10 pm

jeemie wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 3:17 pm
Just watched this.

I have a measure of hope that the long lay-off hurt Jarry. Either that or he’s still concussed.
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3× 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Mon May 17, 2021 6:24 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:10 pm
jeemie wrote:
Just watched this.

I have a measure of hope that the long lay-off hurt Jarry. Either that or he’s still concussed.
I hope the former and not the latter.

Because that loss is all on him- at least three of those goals needed to be saved...maybe the one that snuck in just over his shoulder and head can be excused as a great shot- the other three are inexcusable.
“Yeah we suck, be there is a chance we could suck slightly more if we try to correct the problem.” - Art Deuce (summarized by SteelPerch)

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Mon May 17, 2021 6:27 pm

He made some spectacular saves then let in some stinkers. Pageau’s shot was incredible 10/10; just a dead snipe. First goal was a great shot too but Jarry didn’t play that one well.

3rd and 4th goals were bad. That game was very winnable yesterday and we fucked it away.

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Mon May 17, 2021 6:47 pm

jeemie wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:24 pm
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:10 pm
jeemie wrote:
Just watched this.

I hope the former and not the latter.

Because that loss is all on him- at least three of those goals needed to be saved...maybe the one that snuck in just over his shoulder and head can be excused as a great shot- the other three are inexcusable.
Yes, because if he is still concussed in any way and hid it from the staff then he let his team mates down. If the staff knew, especially Sully and they still put him out there then they are morons.
Goalie is the most important position in the playoffs. They have to be the most focused player on the ice. I would rather roll with a completely healthy Lagace then a concussed Jarry even if he is close to recovery.

The first goal, Jarry was simply too deep in his net. He likes to come out and challenge the shooter but didn't there. Odd.
The second goal he was out of position a bit but he did come out to challenge it more.
The Nelson goal was a leaker type. I think he saw it late because Letang might have screened him a good bit. On that goal I was surprised that Letang didn't challenge Nelson stick on stick.

The winner was the kind of goal that Crosby scores a lot. That puck was bouncing too and Palmieri got lucky. I won't really blame Jarry on that one because there are always holes and that one was just big enough to squeeze a puck through.

All that said, it drives me crazy that the Pens got away from their game when the Islanders scored their third goal. They were lucky that Kap bailed them out on a great shot.
OT became a TO fest for them, something you can't do in your zone against a team like the Islanders who look to strike on opponents mistakes.

Hopefully the bigger crowd will spark the Pens tomorrow.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic