Pens vs. Isles, Game Three

Here's the place for all matters puck. Be kind to your fellow posters, please.
Ice

Re: Pens vs. Isles, Game Three

Post by Ice » Fri May 21, 2021 9:37 pm

fractalsteel wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 7:50 pm
Trotz always rolls with the identity line to start. Sully as well for the most part with the top line. Sometimes he starts the second line, probably to get an early gauge on them or to jump start that line.
Sully has benched the second line a few times this season, the longest being nearly 6 minutes. I think the last time was against the Islanders and the second line got scored on in less than 20 seconds. A real mess of a shift and no one was ready to play hockey.

I think it would be cool if Sully came out off the bat and messed with his lines a bit. Swap Carter for Rust or Carter for Zucker. Kind of like STNG when the Borg kidnapped Picard and Riker went against all conventional wisdom and kidnapped Locutus back from the Borg.
Just to fuck with Trotz.
Does anyone remember if Tanev got any shifts with the top line last night? I remember him getting 2 in game 2.
Love to see PP lines messed with.

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Sat May 22, 2021 1:30 pm

fractalsteel wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 7:50 pm
Trotz always rolls with the identity line to start. Sully as well for the most part with the top line. Sometimes he starts the second line, probably to get an early gauge on them or to jump start that line.
Sully has benched the second line a few times this season, the longest being nearly 6 minutes. I think the last time was against the Islanders and the second line got scored on in less than 20 seconds. A real mess of a shift and no one was ready to play hockey.

I think it would be cool if Sully came out off the bat and messed with his lines a bit. Swap Carter for Rust or Carter for Zucker. Kind of like STNG when the Borg kidnapped Picard and Riker went against all conventional wisdom and kidnapped Locutus back from the Borg.
Just to fuck with Trotz.
Does anyone remember if Tanev got any shifts with the top line last night? I remember him getting 2 in game 2.
LOL at any Borg reference (I make one at least once a week).
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3× 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Sat May 22, 2021 2:53 pm

Voyager got a beating from the fans but they took the Borg angle to many great degrees which I loved.
"He is a Borg"
Worf-'The best of both worlds'

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Sat May 22, 2021 4:16 pm

fractalsteel wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 2:53 pm
Voyager got a beating from the fans but they took the Borg angle to many great degrees which I loved.
"He is a Borg"
Worf-'The best of both worlds'
I was mostly "meh" with all the star trek series' but Voyager was one I watched. Bonus Jeri Ryan. Although I have to say I knew personally one of the guest stars of the Next Generation. A borg episode(s).

AND, I GET TO WATCH SOME OF THE GAME TODAY!!!
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic