Kraken Expansion Draft

Here's the place for all matters puck. Be kind to your fellow posters, please.
DonnieBrasco

Re: Kraken Expansion Draft

Post by DonnieBrasco » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:15 pm

I can't believe Dillon fetched that much. I wonder what the market is for Petts

DonnieBrasco

Post by DonnieBrasco » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:47 pm

MAF to Chicago for nothing. LV needed to clear cap and Chi was one of the few teams who could eat it.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:32 pm

DonnieBrasco wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:47 pm
MAF to Chicago for nothing. LV needed to clear cap and Chi was one of the few teams who could eat it.
And Chicago has just surpassed Philly for the dumbest offseason award. Does Chicago think they're contenders?

This is a team that needs to sell & re-build. Their prospect pool is a barren wasteland. Their forward depth after the top 2 lines is garbage. Their D corps sucks. Toews and Kane both have expiring contracts 2 years from now and both will be 35 (also, Toews isn't worth what they're paying him).

The last thing this teams needed was a 37 year old goalie coming in on a $7m cap hit.

MWS71

Post by MWS71 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:30 pm

Chicago must be willing to retain some of Fleury's salary for a season for an extra asset.

Do it, Hextall. Bring him home.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:35 pm

Ovechkin contract is official - 5 years for $47.5 million ($9.5/yr)

Their cap situation looks horrendous. That's a lot of money with a lot of term to a bunch of guys deep into their 30s - https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/capitals

Here's a fun stat - the Caps have only 6 players on their roster younger than 30. They have exactly *4* players under the age of 29: Mantha, Wilson, Sprong, and Samsonov. By contrast, the Pens only have 6 players older than 30 (one being Ruhwedel, who doesn't really count).

DonnieBrasco

Post by DonnieBrasco » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:03 pm

MWS71 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:30 pm
Chicago must be willing to retain some of Fleury's salary for a season for an extra asset.

Do it, Hextall. Bring him home.
Uh no thanks. We already have a goalie who is good in the RS but choked in the playoffs at half the price.

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:36 pm

Pabst wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:32 pm
DonnieBrasco wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:47 pm
And Chicago has just surpassed Philly for the dumbest offseason award. Does Chicago think they're contenders?

This is a team that needs to sell & re-build. Their prospect pool is a barren wasteland. Their forward depth after the top 2 lines is garbage. Their D corps sucks. Toews and Kane both have expiring contracts 2 years from now and both will be 35 (also, Toews isn't worth what they're paying him).

The last thing this teams needed was a 37 year old goalie coming in on a $7m cap hit.
I'm in awe of the stupidity on display by certain organizations this off season. It is like they are in competition to see who can out do the last blunder.

Can we put to bed the notion that Fleury needs to come back?

Ovie really wants that goal scoring record. Needs 165 to own it. Over 5 years, at his age...we will see.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:16 pm

Chicago needs to admit that Stan Bowman sucks as a GM. He is a perfect example of right place/right time - the guy had nothing to do with the Hawks dynasty. He was given the role when all the pieces were in place.

Look at the core players on those teams: Toews, Kane, Hossa, Ladd, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, Crawford - every single one of those guys was on the roster before Bowman got the GM job. All Bowman has done is sign players to stupid contracts (looking at you, Seabrook) and trade away future stars like Panarin, Byfuglien, and Teravainen for peanuts.

DonnieBrasco

Post by DonnieBrasco » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:20 pm

MAF saying he will retire instead of reporting to the Hawks...interesting.

MWS71

Post by MWS71 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:43 pm

I’m a total sap and freely admit I want him back for mostly sentimental reasons, but I *do* think there are reasonable arguments to be made about Fleury being an average or better starter on a contender.

Still, if it was up to me I’d probably say fuck it and try to bring Kessel back too! Probably why I haven’t been hired as a GM yet... :lol: :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic