Pens vs Hurricanes (3/26/24)

Here's the place for all matters puck. Be kind to your fellow posters, please.
Pabst

Pens vs Hurricanes (3/26/24)

Post by Pabst » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:26 pm

Jake Guentzel returns and we all wish him well.

In other news, I'm hitting my peak mileage over these next 3 weeks for my next race (first weekend in May). Did 10 miles in howling winds this morning, and it'll be a 90 minute tempo run on Thursday followed by 9 miles (at pace) Saturday then 20 on Easter Sunday. Here's hoping my ankle/calf holds up because this has been my downfall over the last few years.

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:34 pm

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:42 am

When this team scores they're actually pretty good

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:44 am

With a 3 point night Sid is now 1 behind Ray Borque for 11th all time.

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:20 pm

I know, I know, I want them to tank but the move up the draft board wouldn't be that drastic and the chance to land a top pick would be slight as well.
What scares me about this organization is their stubborn thinking that this team is closer to contending than needing a rebuild.

I love it when they win and get angry when they lose but if they go on a streak to end the season I can already hear the echoes of the off season.
"We just need to tweak here and there and the core deserves one more chance."

You know what is odd?
Malkin's drought.
I hear he is washed up and not where he used to be physically.
Then I realize he hasn't missed a game since the 21-22 season. Played all 82 games last year and scored 83 points. Not bad for a 36 year old. Hasn't missed a game this year either. Usually guys that are breaking down physically start to miss games and in chunks.
The rumors I hear are that he is playing with an injury to one of his hands and has been for months.
Maybe that is part of the problem but I think he is fed up with the FO for not getting him a winger that can fit his game. He certainly thrived with Zucker last year(not even a year younger) but they haven't found him one this season.

And the lack of production from the second line and the horrid PP are the main reasons why they are going to miss the playoffs for consecutive seasons.

I would be thrilled to see Sid get some MVP talk and he is deserving but the Pens status right now makes that almost nil.

This team makes no sense too often.
Get run over by lesser teams for a week then take two Cup contenders and push them around back to back.

I almost afraid of what the off season might bring.
Dubas was given a lot to clean up and he did good getting rid of several bad contracts but in other areas he hasn't gotten it done. And if he is of the mind that this team deserves one more chance than 24-25 is going to be more of what we have seen the past two seasons.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic