Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Here's the place for all matters puck. Be kind to your fellow posters, please.
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Post by bradshaw2ben » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:07 pm

Had to have somewhere to talk about the dang goaltending in the Florida v Tampa Bay game. Total shame one of those guys had to lose. Bobrowsky made the save of the year with a backward flying angel.

Also, how can anyone who sees the NHL's #1 PP feed Stamkos over and over for one-timers not think the Penguins would be served perfectly well by doing the same thing with Malkin on the opposite side? Opponents know it's coming but they can't stop it.

Louis Lipps Service

Post by Louis Lipps Service » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:29 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:07 pm
Had to have somewhere to talk about the dang goaltending in the Florida v Tampa Bay game. Total shame one of those guys had to lose. Bobrowsky made the save of the year with a backward flying angel.

Also, how can anyone who sees the NHL's #1 PP feed Stamkos over and over for one-timers not think the Penguins would be served perfectly well by doing the same thing with Malkin on the opposite side? Opponents know it's coming but they can't stop it.
Playoffs have been outstanding, overall.

Made me feel better about the Pens not making it. It’d have likely been smoked by just about any team playing right now.

Although the Isles did their best impression of the Pens with their 3rd period collapse the other night.

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:16 pm

Canucks are not thrilled they need to now rely on Casey DeSmith.

Rangers look great and that comeback by the Canes was so entertaining.

Tough to say who I’m rooting for at this point. I’m really just going all in on wanting a Canadian team to win, so mark me down for VAN, TOR or EDM. I think if TOR makes it past BOS they have a legit chance.
“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:21 pm

Dallas is in a must win situation now. Don't want to go to Vegas down 0-2 after losing home ice.

McDavid with 5 assists in one game.

Avalanche scored 12 goals in 2 games against the team that gave up the fewest regular season goals.

Turned off the Isle/Cane game after it went 3-0. Big mistake.

I just can't see Toronto or the Rangers winning the cup this year. Something is missing with both squads.

Tomorrow night is a 2 TV 2 tablet kind of night. And a healthy amount of bourbon..

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Wed May 01, 2024 2:51 pm

Where the fuck have the puckheads gone?

The Bruins didn't show up last night. Just didn't want to play which is sad when you consider what those chumps in the seats paid to watch them flop around. No Matthews either.

It looks like the Avalanche are not going to need top end goaltending the way they are scoring.

Big game in Dallas tonight.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Wed May 01, 2024 3:34 pm

fractalsteel wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 2:51 pm
Where the fuck have the puckheads gone?
I feel seen.....

I'm only tracking box scores, so don't have much to contribute.

Also looks like Pittsburgh is going to get wall to wall rain for my trip this weekend :cry:

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Wed May 01, 2024 4:15 pm

Pabst wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 3:34 pm

I feel seen
Is that an Alanis Morissette song?

I'm following the Sully to Jersey talk but it seems to be sliding all over the place

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Wed May 01, 2024 4:54 pm

fractalsteel wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:15 pm
Pabst wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 3:34 pm

I feel seen
Is that an Alanis Morissette song?

I'm following the Sully to Jersey talk but it seems to be sliding all over the place
Could be?

Honestly Sully to Jersey would make sense....Doubt the Pens let him do it, though.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Wed May 01, 2024 7:06 pm

I've watched the condensed version of just about every playoff game so far. the net round is going to be pretty interesting, because there was some dead weight in the first round but those teams are getting shown the door.

Guentel's return to PIT is inevitable if he doesn't elevate his play with Carolina. He seems like JAG there, and I don't think he is.

Gonna take a lot to beat Colorado or Edmonton. They are rolling right now.

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Wed May 01, 2024 9:32 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:06 pm
I've watched the condensed version of just about every playoff game so far. the net round is going to be pretty interesting, because there was some dead weight in the first round but those teams are getting shown the door.

Guentel's return to PIT is inevitable if he doesn't elevate his play with Carolina. He seems like JAG there, and I don't think he is.

Jake had 25 points in 17 games for the Canes in the regular season.

Will he test the FA market? You bet and he is going to want 7-8 years at a minimum of 8 million a year. Terms the Pens would be foolish to agree to. Crosby is done in 3-4 years maybe sooner.

The Pens would be better served to find a second line center that is younger who is strong defensively, can play the PP and PK and can offer b/n 50 and 60 points. Move Malkin to wing like Mario did at the end of his career.

You ever work with Alanis Morissette?

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Thu May 02, 2024 3:56 pm

fractalsteel wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 9:32 pm
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:06 pm

Jake had 25 points in 17 games for the Canes in the regular season.

Will he test the FA market? You bet and he is going to want 7-8 years at a minimum of 8 million a year. Terms the Pens would be foolish to agree to. Crosby is done in 3-4 years maybe sooner.

The Pens would be better served to find a second line center that is younger who is strong defensively, can play the PP and PK and can offer b/n 50 and 60 points. Move Malkin to wing like Mario did at the end of his career.

You ever work with Alanis Morissette?
No, although i did remember seeing an ad for her when she was a teenager.

I hear your point about Jake... was only judging by what he was doing during the playoffs as possibly his market being a little less than super level. But I guess all things shall pass. Your idea about C2 isn't bad... especially because A. there are a limited number of players who can play with a guy like Malkin and B. Mike Sullivan seems to never want any of those guys to play with Malkin.

Steel Ubaldo

Post by Steel Ubaldo » Wed May 08, 2024 3:58 pm

Jake with 2 goals last night. Too bad Canes came up short. Shesterkin was really good again (sigh)

Trouba showing his true colors last night… that jackass is going to wind up seriously injuring someone.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic