Pens vs BJ's

Here's the place for all matters puck. Be kind to your fellow posters, please.
Legacy User

Pens vs BJ's

Post by Legacy User » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:14 pm

Farnham and Rust called up and Megna sent down

A lot of Pens fans, including myself have been calling for Rust and Farnham to get a chance over Megna/Sill or even Adams

I would be surprised if we dont notice Farnham, he's a exciting guy to watch and really gets under the skin of opposing players

Farnham is from Brown Univ, and doesnt score much and tends to rack up some penalty minutes

Rust is a goal scorer, a 3rd rd pick from Notre Dame, he's in the top 20 in the AHL with 10 goals

Lets hope these guys get a chance to show what they can do!!

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:31 pm

More chances for the future Birdies to show.

Megna is an enigma.
Last night and several games prior his speed and hustle were a welcomed addition. Then he does dumb things like taking 4 penalties last night or being caught badly out of position. I like the player and wish he would round out the very rough spots to his game.

V DUB

Post by V DUB » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:30 am

Even though we're down, I LOVE this game so far! Showing the grit Mario talked about. This is a hockey team, not the globetrotters on ice.

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:13 am

Sweet shortie by Letang. Credit to Adams for doing his part with the feed.

Van is right, this has been a great game to watch-playoff vibe the whole way through.

Legacy User

Post by Legacy User » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:58 am

Greiss was awful in the shootout, and had a bad 3rd period as well

All in all, a solid effort though, the young guys were ok, especially considering its their first action in the NHL

Letang is in top form, best hockey of his career

Hope to have Sid back Monday

Legacy User

Post by Legacy User » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:47 am

I've been such a slacker on keeping up with the games lately. Early-mid season slump. Hopefully after the Holidays i'll be able to dedicate myself to watching more. Good to see they were able to get a point out of it after being down a goal with a minute or two left. They seem to have been showing some nice perseverance late in games like this lately.

Letang has definitely been on fire since coming back. Good for him.

Legacy User

Post by Legacy User » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:50 am

Tanger was great, best player on the ice. Pens gave it their all. With their current roster we can't ask for much more. Very average game for Geno.

I hope flower stays healthy, I wouldn't want to see greiss playing an extended amount of time

V DUB

Post by V DUB » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:05 am

Kudo's to the point they salvaged...that was a hockey game. If we play with salt like that while peppering some of the 2 best players in the world, plus better goal tending in Flower, this team will be a nightmare matchup. I want that attitude every night. I don't care that it was a loss. That's winning hockey, long term. Sid & Flower on the team that showed up tonight make it legit SC contenders.

Legacy User

Post by Legacy User » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:39 pm

Not to mention all the other players out with injury right now. When we get healthy pens should be a nightmare

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic