That Team Up North vs THE Crapeyes

Mock drafts, college sports news, college football
User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 25433
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

That Team Up North vs THE Crapeyes

Post by bradshaw2ben » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:55 pm

Who ya got? Make mine Michigan. Somehow. I like their Defense.


"The Pittsburgh Steelers haven’t exactly captured the eye of the NFL-watching public this year, and for good reason. They aren’t very good or very exciting to watch."

User avatar
Pabst
Posts: 5120
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Post by Pabst » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:46 pm

OSU dominates a pillow soft schedule before imploding at the first sign of adversity. Stop me of you've heard that one before.

User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 25433
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by bradshaw2ben » Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:36 pm

Michigan has the horses in the secondary to confuse Stroud and cover their slot guys––the first might be fairly easy but the latter is rare.
"The Pittsburgh Steelers haven’t exactly captured the eye of the NFL-watching public this year, and for good reason. They aren’t very good or very exciting to watch."

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 4859
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:13 pm

Day's playcalling in the 2nd half was pretty dismal, and another year of defensive collapse was disappointing. Two seasons in a row ending in this fashion may not be a fireable offense at some schools, but he's going to have a challenge avoiding a third while breaking in a new QB next season, after which all bets would certainly be off. It's beginning to feel a little Jon Cooperish, and Brian Hartline is sitting right there on staff.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

User avatar
Pabst
Posts: 5120
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Post by Pabst » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:25 pm

Going to come right out and say it: There is absolutely no valid reason that Ohio State should make the playoff at this point.

No team should be penalized for making/playing in a conference championship game, and no team should be rewarded for failing to qualify. I don't think Georgia or Michigan are in any danger of dropping out, but if TCU or USC get bounced because they played an extra game vs a top 12 opponent while a team that was sitting at home on championship Saturday gets to walk in, that's horse shit.

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 4859
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:38 pm

If Bama was 5, and the same scenario played out, nobody would complain.

That said, as much as I'd like to see a miracle Buckeye run, particularly if a certain #11 returned to the team, I think we deserve the New Year's Six. Lot of money and politics involved, though, and a lot of games left to be played on the field.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

User avatar
Pabst
Posts: 5120
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Post by Pabst » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:33 pm

Ice wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:38 pm
I think we deserve the New Year's Six. Lot of money and politics involved, though, and a lot of games left to be played on the field.
Rumors are flying around that Ohio State has requested to *not* be invited to the Rose Bowl. Apparently OSU didn't sell their allotment of tickets last season, and the claim is that fans would be uninterested.

Fair point, I suppose, but would Buckeye fans really make the trip to another NY6 bowl? They might be shooting themselves in the foot here (assuming it's true).

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 4859
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:41 pm

Pabst wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:33 pm
Ice wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:38 pm
I think we deserve the New Year's Six. Lot of money and politics involved, though, and a lot of games left to be played on the field.
Rumors are flying around that Ohio State has requested to *not* be invited to the Rose Bowl. Apparently OSU didn't sell their allotment of tickets last season, and the claim is that fans would be uninterested.

Fair point, I suppose, but would Buckeye fans really make the trip to another NY6 bowl? They might be shooting themselves in the foot here (assuming it's true).
What I've been hearing is that they're angling for Alabama in their bowl game to make a recruiting statement after The Lame last weekend, but that's solely from pro-tOSU sources. For nostalgia from 2014 purposes and LOC purposes, Bucks fans would make that trip, and it would be a fun game, on which Drama and I might have to make some sort of friendly wager based upon our meager salaries.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

User avatar
Pabst
Posts: 5120
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Post by Pabst » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:44 pm

Ice wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:41 pm
What I've been hearing is that they're angling for Alabama in their bowl game to make a recruiting statement after The Lame last weekend, but that's solely from pro-tOSU sources. For nostalgia from 2014 purposes and LOC purposes, Bucks fans would make that trip, and it would be a fun game, on which Drama and I might have to make some sort of friendly wager based upon our meager salaries.
OK, in that context it makes much more sense.

User avatar
Pabst
Posts: 5120
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Post by Pabst » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:45 pm

Although if the Rose Bowl wound up inviting Alabama and Penn State that would be really goddamn funny

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 4859
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:15 pm

It would, and if I were them, I'd probably give it a shot.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Steeldrama
Posts: 1211
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Steeldrama » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:02 pm

Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

User avatar
jebrick
Posts: 1429
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:59 pm

Post by jebrick » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:03 am

So who is out and who is in after TCU and USC losing?
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

User avatar
DP39
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:57 pm

Post by DP39 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:15 pm

Truly a MAN amongst boys.

Go Dawgs!

Pregame, my daughter was on the field about 10' away from Peyton and Eli. Texted me...."yep, he has a giant head." :lol:

Steeldrama
Posts: 1211
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Steeldrama » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:34 pm

DP39 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:15 pm
Truly a MAN amongst boys.

Go Dawgs!

Pregame, my daughter was on the field about 10' away from Peyton and Eli. Texted me...."yep, he has a giant head." :lol:
That’s awesome lol
What a college experience your daughter is having!

Dawgs pass defense has me worried
Ringo played like ass
Seems to have concentration lapses loses track of the ball and receiver
Going to have to up his game against Marvin Harrison

Monken called arguably his best game on offense
OL and tight ends dominated

Go Dawgs!
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

User avatar
DP39
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:57 pm

Post by DP39 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:08 pm

Steeldrama wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:34 pm
DP39 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:15 pm
Truly a MAN amongst boys.

Go Dawgs!

Pregame, my daughter was on the field about 10' away from Peyton and Eli. Texted me...."yep, he has a giant head." :lol:
That’s awesome lol
What a college experience your daughter is having!

Dawgs pass defense has me worried
Ringo played like ass
Seems to have concentration lapses loses track of the ball and receiver
Going to have to up his game against Marvin Harrison

Monken called arguably his best game on offense
OL and tight ends dominated


Go Dawgs!
She had a blast at the game. Was on the sideline when we scored to TD right before the half. Said it happened right in front of her.

As for Ringo, I agree. He's had me worried for a little while now. I recently mentioned in another (top CB draft) thread that he looks like he's gained a decent amount of weight. While a lot of it looks like muscle, to me he just looks thicker (maybe too thick -- almost SS-like) than he used to. I've wondered if it would slow him down speed/agility-wise. I know he's still a raw player and just hasn't had a ton of in-game action come his way over the past two years, comparatively speaking.

I was glad to see Monken/Smart finally open up the O. I knew they could do it, but it's seemed to me that offensively Kirby has just been playing it uber-safe in most games this year (to eliminate mistakes), be happy with his D holding the other O down, ands taking the less than exciting win -- maybe even hiding/saving some of his best plays for the CFP run. It was almost like he was doing that again this game until LSU struck early and quick and he said...'that's it, open it up Todd!' :lol:

A talented OSU team (especially offensive passing) with a major chip on their shoulder has me a little concerned. Hopefully, the Dawgs get as healthy as they can and finish their business on 12/31 and 1/9/23.

Go Dawgs!

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 4859
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:18 pm

After watching that demolition of a pretty talented LSU team that's finally decently coached, I'm not as confident a Buckeye as I could be right now. Our offense isn't my worry in that game, it's UGA power running it down our throats. That said, the B1G has two bullets in the chamber in this playoff, and it'd be a nice feather in our cap for one of em not to miss. tOSU and TTUN fans I know are basically in agreement on that.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Steeldrama
Posts: 1211
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Steeldrama » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:23 pm

Ice wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:18 pm
After watching that demolition of a pretty talented LSU team that's finally decently coached, I'm not as confident a Buckeye as I could be right now. Our offense isn't my worry in that game, it's UGA power running it down our throats. That said, the B1G has two bullets in the chamber in this playoff, and it'd be a nice feather in our cap for one of em not to miss. tOSU and TTUN fans I know are basically in agreement on that.
Yep if Michigan can go for like 250 then Georgia will have zero issues just running the ball on a smallish Buckeyes front 7.

Dawgs threw only 5 passes in the 2nd half and yet jerkoff Brian Kelly bitched Georgia ran up the score.
Freakin toolbox

Jaxon Smith Njigba opting out of a playoff game
I know he’s been hurt all year but that’s a new one
Hopefully not the start of a trend

I hope TCU can find a way to upset scUM but I’m not optimistic
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 4859
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:23 pm

Yeah, I was surprised at Garrett and CO2 opting out of the Rose Bowl last year, but opting out of the playoff, player of his caliber? Gotta hope it's an outlier.

Plus side, Kevin Wilson getting hired by Tulsa hopefully gets rid of the swing pass party from the 2H of the TTUN game (and many other occasions this year and last) and lets us promote, anoint and keep Brian Hartline around for a while. I've viewed him as a HC in waiting for a couple years now, and those Cincy rumors were disconcerting.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 25433
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by bradshaw2ben » Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:51 pm

Steeldrama wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:23 pm
Ice wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:18 pm
After watching that demolition of a pretty talented LSU team that's finally decently coached, I'm not as confident a Buckeye as I could be right now. Our offense isn't my worry in that game, it's UGA power running it down our throats. That said, the B1G has two bullets in the chamber in this playoff, and it'd be a nice feather in our cap for one of em not to miss. tOSU and TTUN fans I know are basically in agreement on that.
Yep if Michigan can go for like 250 then Georgia will have zero issues just running the ball on a smallish Buckeyes front 7.

Dawgs threw only 5 passes in the 2nd half and yet jerkoff Brian Kelly bitched Georgia ran up the score.
Freakin toolbox

Jaxon Smith Njigba opting out of a playoff game
I know he’s been hurt all year but that’s a new one
Hopefully not the start of a trend

I hope TCU can find a way to upset scUM but I’m not optimistic
Quite a day!
"The Pittsburgh Steelers haven’t exactly captured the eye of the NFL-watching public this year, and for good reason. They aren’t very good or very exciting to watch."

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 4859
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:29 pm

Certainly didn't have the ending I was hoping for, but it was definitely an exciting few days of bowling. Pitt/UCLA was super entertaining, TCU and scUM was a blast, and the underdog Bucks represented in a down to the wire performance against #1. A fun national championship game, a good 100th Rose Bowl, and this ends up being the most fun to watch (regardless of outcome) bowl season I can remember.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic