The Full Monty

Mock drafts, college sports news, college football
Steeldrama

The Full Monty

Post by Steeldrama » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:16 pm

1.) Najee Harris 6’2 230 RB Alabama- Those of you who are anti-running back in round 1 will have your draft night ruined for you. I really think Tombert will sprint to the podium for whoever is left between Eitienne, my guy Najee, and maybe even Javonte Williams at 24. Ben threw the ball 68…that’s 68 fucking times in the playoff loss to the Browns. There’s no way the upcoming draft won’t be dedicated to fixing the anemic rushing attack.

2.) Dillon Radunz 6’6 302 OT North Dakota St.- The thought of Zach Banner protecting the blindside of arguably the least mobile qb in the NFL is a scary one. Since Banner has not been gifted a contract as of yet, I’m still holding out hope that if he is brought back into the fold it’s merely as a depth piece.

3.) Quinn Meinerz 6’3 320 OC Wisconsin-Whitewater- The odds are slim on the Steelers drafting one small school offensive line prospect let alone two. If this wild-man from the Wisconsin wilderness were a Badger instead of a Warhawk then I’d feel more confident he’d be on the Steelers’ radar. I really hope the Steelers sign a veteran center, one not named BJ Finney.

4.) Tommy Tremble 6’4 248 TE Notre Dame- Johns Creek, GA’s own Tommy Tremble will be another key to creating a dominating run game. Matt Canada might like that this blocking warlord lined up all over the formation for the Irish including fullback and H-back. Daddy Greg was an All-SEC safety at Georgia.

4C) Monty Rice 6’1 235 LB Georgia- “Again Drama?” Yes I’m going Full Monty. Played through 2020 season with a foot injury. Kid is a heat seeking missile when healthy. Kirby Dumb loves ‘ol Monty here the way Nick Saban loved Minkah. Coach on the field type. As much as I too love me some Monty, the second Vince Williams is a cap casualty I'm jumping all aboard the Zaven Collins and Jabril Cox bandwagons.

6) Chris Rumph 6’3 235 EDGE Duke- “I didn’t get a ha-rumph out that guy.” My first time mocking this Rumph fella. Just assumed he was too small, but I can always find room for an explosive, never say die War Daddy on my beloved Steelers.

6C) Zech McPhearson 5’11 196 CB Texas Tech- That’s not a typo. It’s not Zach. It’s Zech from Tech. Transfer from Penn St, kid was first team ALL Big 12 after tallying 4 ints and a 90 yd touchdown on a blocked field goal against now powerhouse Iowa St. Hopefully, Hilton and/or Cam Sutton is resigned making corner less of a priority.

7.) Josh Palmer 6’2 210 WR Tennessee- Grew up in Ontario so Claypool will have someone to talk snow with should Tic Toc depart. Not exactly fast, but extremely physical. Scored two touchdowns against a loaded ‘dawgs secondary and beat ‘Bama stud Patrick Surtain for a long TD, the only TD he gave up all season.

7C) Ben Mason 6’3 254 FB Michigan- My final piece to revamp the ground game. Throwback fullback from the days of yore. Will open gaping holes for my guy Najee. Tough ‘sum bitch played both ways at Ann Harbor, Mohawk and all. Special teams standout Danny Smiff will pound the table for late day 3. Derek Watt stole a paycheck last season. Don’t let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.

Thanks as always reading. Please comment on the players you like and those you don’t. I’ve made my peace with Ben’s return. I respect Colbert for going all in to win a Super Bowl. Made out of character trades for Devin Bush and Minkah to make one last run at a Super Bowl. Ben’s elbow surgery derailed that plan. I’m ready for a rebuild, but it won’t surprise me if Ben gets this team to the playoffs should Colbert not sit on his hands in free agency and nail the draft.

Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

Mick

Post by Mick » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:49 am

I’D actually be okay with RB in round 1 if he was the best player on the board, but I would just never take any player from Alabama.

cop1211

Post by cop1211 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:17 pm

Seems like a Steelers draft, I was going to post a mock but no need now because yours has 5 of the same players :D .
The only one a couldn’t see is the fullback, they signed Watt the fullback to keep Watt the OLB happy and in Pittsburgh so I don’t see them going with two fullbacks. I’d go with a DT or DE at 7b.
I’d be good with this one if it happened.
I’m thinking it’s going to be a RB in round one. Although I’m praying for a trade out of the first for an additional 2nd and 3rd.

steelmann58

Post by steelmann58 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:51 am

I really like the two ol picks and yes RBI’s will be in play

Ice

Post by Ice » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:03 am

1) Williams (hopefully in R2)
2) Harris
3) Etienne

Not a fan of picking Etienne in R1, where we'd have to get him, at all. Too much tread off the tires, injury history, average size, no 2nd gear for the NFL. Harris at least has size, and the pass catching ability is intriguing. Point taken on Bama RBs. Could be Derrick Henry, could be Eddie Lacy. Ran through gaping holes and barely touched before the 2nd level. Like Williams better than either, and better value in the 2nd.

Said it before, I'll say it again, trade down would be great. 24 is kinda no-man's land. I'll take Harris over the 2nd tier, RT or OG capable OT they'll probably sprint to the podium for, I guess.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:14 am

Ice wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:03 am
1) Williams (hopefully in R2)
2) Harris
3) Etienne

Not a fan of picking Etienne in R1, where we'd have to get him, at all. Too much tread off the tires, injury history, average size, no 2nd gear for the NFL. Harris at least has size, and the pass catching ability is intriguing. Point taken on Bama RBs. Could be Derrick Henry, could be Eddie Lacy. Ran through gaping holes and barely touched before the 2nd level. Like Williams better than either, and better value in the 2nd.

Said it before, I'll say it again, trade down would be great. 24 is kinda no-man's land. I'll take Harris over the 2nd tier, RT or OG capable OT they'll probably sprint to the podium for, I guess.
I’m not a fan of Etienne at all. I don’t think his game will translate well to the NFL. I think his role would be 3rd down back...that’s mid round worthy and those guys are a dime a dozen....
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Ice

Post by Ice » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:52 am

I can think of three or four better just off the top of my head, all mid round guys, and prepping for the Iggles, it hasn't even been a focus.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:28 pm

2-3 are solid picks for what ails the team. One can quibble with the value of any RB at 24, but Najee is a good player. Meinerz is probably going before 88, though.

Tremble is more a replacement for Derek Watt than Heath Miller. He's an H-Back who would be more of an offensive threat when not inline. Not to say that would be bad, but I wouldn't add a FB also.
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3× 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

Steelersfan

Post by Steelersfan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:21 am

Klemm at Meinerz pro day today. I think this mock 2nd thru the end is pretty close to the Steeler way. I just can't see RB in the 1st. I'm having a hard time digesting that. But it's undeniable its a HUGE need right now.

Ice

Post by Ice » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:25 pm

So, Packers didn't tag Aaron Jones. Do you, if you're the Steelers, absorb the loss of Bud and Juju, make a run at AJ, and if you get him, go Edge in the first, and fill in the rest of the holes as best you can?

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:35 pm

The EDGE class is really murky to me... it reminds me of TJ Watt's class, where you had all these hyped guys with holes in their game or lack of production commensurate with the talent and then TJ, who was a fast riser who tested off the charts. In other words, I'm not sure we know the lay of the EDGE class land yet.

That said, a 1st rounder on defense–Cover LB, EDGE, DT, CB, S–wouldn't shock me as much as some. Maybe having Highsmith is good enough for a #2 and they can work with that, but having more of a Lamarr Woodley with Deebo vs more of a Haggans type #2 sure makes a big difference. And they have zero depth there. And, god forbid, what if they can't make a deal with Watt?

CB if they lose both Sutton and Hilton would be in play, even with James Pierre in house.

Cover LB has been a significant issue for several years, and having one isn't even enough. You need 2 or 3.

If they can afford to re-sign Alualu, is it the Alualu who was an all-pro before injury or the shell of a guy about to retire after that?

A 3rd safety who can challenge Edmunds for a starting job and who can man cover big slots is another piece that you can't have enough of in the NFL, especially if they lose Hilton.

All of that is better value than a RB or WR in the 1st, simply because what's available in later rounds isn't as big a drop-off. And QB or the elite tier of LT will be picked clean. No TE or C is worth that pick. Many quality, starter-capable OTs to come beyond pick 24.

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:50 pm

EDGE class is tricky this year. I think there are 2 solid 1st round picks at EDGE (Paye, Phillips). After that there is a big bunch in the mid 2nd to 3rd round talent.

I like Jayson Oweh (Penn St) as a 3-4 olb but he will be a developmental player and not in the 1st round. Joe Tryon (Washington) looks good for a OLB. Has a nice first step. For the later rounds, Dayo Odeyingbo (Vanderbilt) would be another developmental OLB that could be had in the 3rd.
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:11 pm

jebrick wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:50 pm
EDGE class is tricky this year. I think there are 2 solid 1st round picks at EDGE (Paye, Phillips). After that there is a big bunch in the mid 2nd to 3rd round talent.

I like Jayson Oweh (Penn St) as a 3-4 olb but he will be a developmental player and not in the 1st round. Joe Tryon (Washington) looks good for a OLB. Has a nice first step. For the later rounds, Dayo Odeyingbo (Vanderbilt) would be another developmental OLB that could be had in the 3rd.
I'll bet you there are good depth and high upside EDGE available in Rd 4. Seems like a lot of guys this year.

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:15 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:11 pm
jebrick wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:50 pm

I'll bet you there are good depth and high upside EDGE available in Rd 4. Seems like a lot of guys this year.
Yeah. There is a big bunch of players that would could be OLB with some training. Odeyingbo is in that mix. But I do they they may go fast because the top is very very thin.

- Fred Sanford

Mick

Post by Mick » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:56 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:35 pm
The EDGE class is really murky to me... it reminds me of TJ Watt's class, where you had all these hyped guys with holes in their game or lack of production commensurate with the talent and then TJ, who was a fast riser who tested off the charts. In other words, I'm not sure we know the lay of the EDGE class land yet.

That said, a 1st rounder on defense–Cover LB, EDGE, DT, CB, S–wouldn't shock me as much as some. Maybe having Highsmith is good enough for a #2 and they can work with that, but having more of a Lamarr Woodley with Deebo vs more of a Haggans type #2 sure makes a big difference. And they have zero depth there. And, god forbid, what if they can't make a deal with Watt?

CB if they lose both Sutton and Hilton would be in play, even with James Pierre in house.

Cover LB has been a significant issue for several years, and having one isn't even enough. You need 2 or 3.

If they can afford to re-sign Alualu, is it the Alualu who was an all-pro before injury or the shell of a guy about to retire after that?

A 3rd safety who can challenge Edmunds for a starting job and who can man cover big slots is another piece that you can't have enough of in the NFL, especially if they lose Hilton.

All of that is better value than a RB or WR in the 1st, simply because what's available in later rounds isn't as big a drop-off. And QB or the elite tier of LT will be picked clean. No TE or C is worth that pick. Many quality, starter-capable OTs to come beyond pick 24.
I’m pretty much done with this organization spending draft picks on DBs. Our draft picks have ranged from ‘disappointing’ to ‘bust’. In FA/trades, we’ve been amazing. Basically it looks like we are about the best team in the league at scouting NFL DB talent and about the worst at scouting college DB talent. So I’m done.

It looks like the class is fairly deep at ILB, and in general it’s not a great position for rd 1 value and not a strong need. I’m happy to grab ILB value in Rd 2-3, but not In the first.

Which leaves me at ‘BPA among any offense and DL/EDGE (and please no one from Alabama or Clemson)’.

Obviously if there are no 1st round grade OCs this year, it takes that off the board as well, but that’s assumptively redundant with saying ‘BPA’.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:15 pm

I am looking to draft Trai Dahn or maybe Tre Dohwns.

Steeldrama

Post by Steeldrama » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:43 am

Speaking of edge rushers
Y’all are sleeping on Georgia’s Azeez Ojulari
Kid can play

cop1211

Post by cop1211 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:55 am

I like Patrick Johnson from Tulane in the 4th.

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:02 pm

Steeldrama wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:43 am
Speaking of edge rushers
Kid can play
but he is a 4-3 LB. I would never put him over a tackle.
cop1211 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:55 am
I like Patrick Johnson from Tulane in the 4th.
I like him as well. A bit short and will struggle with that in the NFL against OTs

- Fred Sanford

DP39

Post by DP39 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:01 pm

Steeldrama wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:43 am
Speaking of edge rushers
Kid can play
Yep. And he's a clutch player. When you need a play made he usually makes it.

Saw him play live several times last year. Always one of the best D players on the field those days.

Steeldrama

Post by Steeldrama » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:04 pm

Per Pro Football Focus, Alabama RB Najee Harris broke 22 tackles on receptions alone.
Harris might be the best RB prospect in the 2021 class. That's no secret. The rate at which he was breaking tackles on receptions compared to his peers is quite absurd, though. According to PFF, no other RB broke more than 13 tackles on their receptions, meaning Harris has nine more broken tackles on receptions than even the next-best competitor. Harris is an absolute tank at 6-foot-2 and 230-pounds, and is crazy explosive for someone his size.

SOURCE: PFF College on Twitter
Mar 13, 2021, 4:04 PM ET

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:57 pm

Yeah......hes not gonna make it to 24
Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

wrongpath39

Post by wrongpath39 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:18 pm

March Madness arrives with unbelievable upsets. Oregon Gonzaga could be really high scoring!

Was high on oral roberts beating ohio state myself cos of their high high scoring.

https://www.sportsbetting3.com/ made some sweet returns on them now tho.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic