Cleveland Rocks

Mock drafts, college sports news, college football
Steeldrama

Cleveland Rocks

Post by Steeldrama » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:59 am

1.) Najee Harris 6’2 230 RB Alabama- "You can never underestimate the value of a quality player at any position. Running back is no different." -Kevin Colbert. Hell yes the Steelers are drafting a running back in round 1 and I hope it's my guy Najee Harris. Somewhat conflicting, I also believe that a running back should be the final piece to a rebuild not the starting piece, but I doubt Tombert thinks they're rebuilding. Regardless, the “Tide” can turn quickly in today’s NFL.

2.) Quinn Meinerz 6’3 320 OC Wisconsin-WW- Somebody named Thor on rotoworld posted all the RAS scores so if you’re into that sort of thing he posted them for y’all. Meinerz here scored a nearly perfect 9.98. Good lord. I’m guessing LOC the only thing keeping this beast out of rd 1.

3.) Devine Diablo 6’3 226 S/LB Virginia Tech- I can’t sit through another season of Vince Williams trying to cover a wide receiver. I can’t. I won’t. So I like the idea of taking one of these hybrid types that offers the versatility to play multiple roles in the defense like El Diablo here. And don't discount that Virginia area code.

4.) Tommy Doyle 6’7 320 OT Miami (OH)- Those thrifty Steelers scouts take that short trip to a nearby MAC school to get this big, mean, NASTY mauler whose 9.0 RAS shocked the shit out of me. Doyle and my guy Meinerz would transform the attitude and mindset of the OL.

4C) Quincy Roche 6’3 245 EDGE Miami- From not so tropical Miami, Ohio down to Miami, Florida to get a true headhunter. Not the RAS I was hoping to see at 6.4, but this kid is a Temple Tough, old school War Daddy coming off the corner. I was a vagina hair away from mocking Zaven Collins in rd 1, but I'm guessing the Steelers like Alex Highsmith more than I do so I think so quality depth will be the way the Steelers go in Cleve-LAND this weekend.

6.) Israel Mukuamu 6’4 212 CB/S South Carolina- Back to that whole versatility thing. I’ve mocked this Cock a few times based on his 3 INT day vs Jake freakin’ Fromm, but more than just that memorable day I think this kid has the size to play safety as well. Chess piece for a creative DC (I’d say qualified applicants please expedite your resume to Steelers HQ, but looks like we’re stuck with Tomlin. Most a pity).

7.) Kene Nwangwu 6’0 210 RB Iowa St- Holy shit speed backed up by an impressive 9.89 RAS score. Stud return man as well. There I did it. Meinerz, Doyle, Najee, and Kene will transform the Steelers ground game.

7.) Andre Mintze 6’3 253 EDGE Vanderbilt- Kid ran a 4.56 with a 1.52 10 yard split. Yes please.

Thanks as always for reading. Please comment on the players you like and those you don’t. Any of you making the trek over to Cleveland for the draft? I haven’t been to downtown Cleveland in over a decade. Decent place to have the draft I guess. Perhaps Pittsburgh will get their chance to host. Anyway, a couple of my best friends are long time Browns season ticket holders are going to take their kids to the draft festivities on Saturday. I prefer to sit on my couch and watch player highlights, but I’m glad it’s a sign of things trending back to semi-normal. Enjoy the draft y’all. Go Steelers.

Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

Greeksteel

Post by Greeksteel » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:47 am

Like this one alot Drama.

Ice

Post by Ice » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:06 pm

I could get down with this one. Not sure Najee makes it past NYJ at 23, but it he does, it's track shoes time. If the OL picks worked out that way, I'd be slightly mollified even if the podium sprint was Etienne, which, to me seems more likely. Sadly, nobody from the South Side has taken Javonte Williams on a dinner date, so apparently he isn't in the running. More's the pity.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

steelmann58

Post by steelmann58 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:05 am

I like it

cop1211

Post by cop1211 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:30 am

I detest selecting a RB in the first, but I’ve resigned myself to a RB being the pick especially if Harris is available. I’m hoping Harris to the Dolphins and ETIENNE to the Jets or a Bills trade up.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic