2022 position mock

Mock drafts, college sports news, college football
cop1211

2022 position mock

Post by cop1211 » Sun May 02, 2021 6:45 pm

I do this every year, I need to learn how to save the thread to compare.

Steelers go 7-10, BR retires, Decastro leaves, and Okafor,JU-JU , V. Williams, Haden, Ebron also walk.
Steelers trade up using 2,5, and a 1st and 3rd in 2023.
1.QB
2.traded
3a.LT
3b.(Dupree)WR
4.traded (Laudermilk)
5.S (comp Feiler)
6.ILB
7.OG

Free agent signings not bottom of the barrel 1.CB (starter)2.OG (starter) 3.#2 TE 4. (#3)OLB ( depending on Roche)

If BR stays another year.
1.LT
2.CB
3a.ILB
3b(Dupree)WR
4.traded
5.RB
5b.S
6.OT
7.OG
Free Agents OG,TE #2,#3 OLB (depending on Roche)
Last edited by cop1211 on Wed May 05, 2021 12:42 am, edited 8 times in total.

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Sun May 02, 2021 8:09 pm

I think its more likely Ben signs a 2 or 3 year deal

Steelers draft a QB after rd 1 like Dustin Crum

And spend the 1st on another need position Id guess SS
Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

steelmann58

Post by steelmann58 » Mon May 03, 2021 4:16 am

Ok who are the Qb we should watch for 2022 draft

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Mon May 03, 2021 12:44 pm

One that I am intrigued with is Matt Corral from Ole Miss. He will fall due to his height (6'1) but he has all the tools to make him a good QB in the NFL.
β€œIf you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

steelmann58

Post by steelmann58 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:31 am

Sam Hubbard NC. Slovis from USC. Ridder from Cinny. My guy Carson Strong from Nevada. And like Jebrick Matt Corral shorter but moves well and strong arm just an issue with his judgment at times. The other name is Jurkovec From BC

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:29 am

Like Malik Willis, but I'm not sure he's immediately pro-ready.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:26 pm

Ice wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:29 am
From Liberty? He looks interesting in a Lamar Jackson type of way. I would agree with him not being pro ready but our the coaches pro ready to handle a non-pocket passer?

Strong seems to be the classic pocket passer. I would want to see more of him and compare him with Cole Kelly ( another pure pocket passer).
β€œIf you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:43 pm

jebrick wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:26 pm
Ice wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:29 am
From Liberty? He looks interesting in a Lamar Jackson type of way. I would agree with him not being pro ready but our the coaches pro ready to handle a non-pocket passer?

Strong seems to be the classic pocket passer. I would want to see more of him and compare him with Cole Kelly ( another pure pocket passer).
Yup, Eric Green University's own. I'm not averse to seeing this offense go in a different direction when Ben retires. Do I think they will? Probably not. Would I be interested in seeing it? Yeah, I would be. Does Strong look that much better at Nevada than Dwayne Haskins looked at tOSU? Maybe. I'm not married to pocket passer.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:29 am

Of course it depends how the draft falls

But I think I’d lean this way

1 TE.....I’d like to see more 2 TE sets with Friermuth and a real freak at TE1. I think that could really present a lot of mismatch opportunities with Najee and Ben and it would deemphasize our weak WR unit somewhat

2 RB..... I’d like to see the RB unit be a real weapon as Ben plays out his last few years.....I usually advocate going RB later.....but let’s face it. The Steelers largely suck at drafting and are particularly bad at developing the RB unit. Najee and another pounder with catch and run ability would be a mismatch against every team in the NFL

3 DE.....I think Davis is gonna be a great NT.....I’d like to be ready to move on from both Heyward and Tuitt next contract with some premium talent unless they take a very team friendly deal

4 OG....If Turner is a 1 year deal the Steelers need to find another Dotson. That could be a great IOL

5 WR......If the Steelers go more 2 TE sets a real speedster here could be great with Claypool

6 OLB.....Keep feeding the pipeline of this really key position

7 PR.......The Steelers have been particularly bad at the back end of the roster at RB WR TE at the back end of the roster for quite a while. If Najee is a great pass target and we draft a freak TE along with another legit RB we can afford to find a roster spot for a great punt returner at the expense of one of the numbers at RB TE WR. Hopefully of course the PR can be at least a decent backup somewhere on the roster. But PR is a position the Steelers haven’t really gotten much out of for a while and there are always some good options in the 7th
Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic