Mock drafts, college sports news, college football
Steeldrama

Post by Steeldrama » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:58 pm

1.) Malik Willis 6’1 215 QB Liberty- Let me first say none of us have any idea where the Steelers will be picking here in round 1. One day I feel pretty good about the team and think sure they could compete for Lombardi #7. The next day I look at that OL and say no chance in hell they even make the playoffs. Regardless, the Steelers need the Sam Howells and Spence Rattlers to play a helluva a lot better than they did Saturday so a really FUN and EXCITING player like Willis here falls in their lap. #7 succeeds #7. I like it.

2.) Sevyn Banks 6’1 200 CB Ohio St- Man the Buckeyes sure could’ve used this #7 Thursday night (knee). The boat rowers gave the Steelers’ farm team all they could handle and then some. Trading for Ahkello Witherspoon tells me all I needed to know about the state of the secondary. Joe Haden most likely moves on next year. I wonder how Ron feels about numbers for names.

3.) Lewis Cine 6’1 200 S Georgia- Good lord what a timely pass breakup in end zone by this hammer. Too many ‘Dawg defenders to mention from last night’s ugly win over Clemson, but I’ll do my best to mock all of them at some point. You’re next Nakobe Dean! Get off my roster Devin Bush!

3C) Trevor Penning 6’7 321 OT Northern Iowa- Saw that the Panthers nearly upset #7 Iowa St yesterday and I’m sure this mauler was a major reason. A serious people mover who fits this tough guy mentality Coach Klemm is supposedly preaching. 'Ol Trev here might end up an even better prospect than his former teammate Spencer Brown, my draft crush from last year. Dan Moore must be a viable starter at LT for a stud OT not to be chosen in the first round or two. I’m optimistic.

5C??) Ben Brown 6’5 315 OL Mississippi- Rebel Qb Matt Corral is the headliner of tomorrow night’s barn burner, but keep an eye on this versatile people mover who has experience at both center and guard.

7.) Ellis Brooks 6’1 241 LB Penn St- Clemson/Georgia wasn’t the only offensive debacle of the day. As bad as Clifford and those two offenses were, the Badgers and Nittany Lions defenses flashed some NFL caliber talent. Dig that Jack Sanborn kid. Nose for the football type much like this Brooks fella. Tomlin will certainly overdraft Joey Porter’s boy and the Gateway kid, Jaquan Brisker will surely be highly sought after by Mikey as well.

7.) Elijah Cooks 6’4 215 WR Nevada- Unfortunately Nevada is pretty far west of the Mighty Mississip so my guess is QB Carson Strong and the rest of the Wolfpack weapons will be ignored by Steelers’ scouts. Too bad. These upstarts are fun to watch.

Thanks as always for reading. Please feel free to discuss the players you like and those you don’t. The quest for 7 starts next Sunday. But more importantly, college football is finally here and I for one could not be happier. Go Dawgs! Roll Tide!

Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:16 pm

Drama, thanks for doing these and believe me I use what you share come early Spring.

I'm also worried about Tomlin reaching for Porter who is hot/cold at his best. I'm not sure he is an NFL player.
Now Brisker, I love that kid though he seems to get dinged a bit too much but he reminds me of Minkah in how he reads QB's and seems to read/react so well.
I wouldn't mind adding him to our roster.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic