Strong like Bull

Mock drafts, college sports news, college football
Steeldrama

Strong like Bull

Post by Steeldrama » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:03 pm

1.) Carson Strong 6’4 215 QB Nevada- I for one try NOT to live in my fears, but I really do fear the Steelers will pass on drafting a quarterback and simply hand the keys of the “Offense” over to Mason Rudolph next year. I fear they really do like him and will look to justify the 1st round grade their “scouting” department assigned to him. Me? I follow what Tompa Bay did and sign Rodgers or follow suit with the Rams and trade for a capable veteran. The Steelers COULD have an elite defense. Would be ashame to waste it on Mason freaking Rudolph.

2.) Devin Lloyd 6’3 235 LB Utah- Flake. Bust. Devin Bush is a flaky bust. Tomlin and his draft crushes OMG make it stop! I’m going to bang the table for Nakobe Dean all year, but I figure if the Steelers’ scouts dare venture out west to scout Strong, then they should stop by beautiful Salt Lake to watch Mr. Lloyd here. This Devin can do everything scUM Devin can’t.

3.) Bernhard Raimann 6’7 305 OT Central Michigan- “It’s not a tumor! It’s not a tumor at all!” Surely even Bernhard’s fellow Austrian, Arnold Swarzenneger, knows the Steelers offensive line is in fact a “tumor.” Geography dictates Steelers’ scouts stay firmly planted within driving distance in the mighty MAC so let’s hope this former Vienna Viking wide receiver can “develop” quickly.

3C) Jarrett Patterson 6’4 305 OC Notre Dame- I mocked Kendrick Green a time or two last season. I’m disappointed. Ed Bouchette, long a company man, lost his filter a bit in questioning why Green was even drafted after Green spent the summer getting his ass handed to him by the Steelers’ defensive front. Not much has changed here in October, but the great Dermontti Dawson once transitioned from guard to center so all is not lost. Yet.

5) Riley Moss 6’1 194 CB Iowa- “Straight cash, homie.” Jason Sehorn 2.0? This albino jackrabbit can play some corner having two pick 6’s against the Hoosiers earlier this year. Elite athete. HS hurdles champ. Haden looks even more washed than Ben to me. Sooo many units to upgrade on this team and not nearly enough draft capital to fill them all.

7.) Devonte Wyatt 6’3 315 DT Georgia- My Dawgs destroyed the Hawgs by way of their historically dominant defense.Coach Kirby Dumb has an embarrassment of riches over in nearby Athens (QB going to cost him a natty…again). It starts with the front 7. Five and four star studs everywhere. Jordan Davis and Jalen Carter are the headliners, but don’t sleep on 'ol Wyatt here. Sure to be a fast riser during the draft process. Team leader that just causes chaos and mayhem every game. Go Dawgs! Sic ‘em!

7.) Dante Bull 6’7 325 OT Fresno St- The more Bulldogs the better. Not just some kid for Claypool to talk snow with. Oh no. This Canuck is a mean, nasty ‘sum bitch that sets the tone for mega fun qb Jake Haener and company. Damn the offensive line is depressing. I love what Tampa did getting Brady, Gronk, AB etc to quickly win a title. Equally impressive to me is the aggressive approach their Super opponent took to rebuild their OL. Signing Thuney, Trading for Zeus II, and drafting Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith. Can’t always go with the duct tape approach, Tombert.

Thanks as always for reading. Please comment on the players you like and those you don’t. I can talk draft all day every day, but until Tomlin, Colbert, Ben, and Art2 are gone I know I’m just beating my head against the wall. Hopefully, Ben and the Steelers show some pride today and make a game of it. Thank God for the Red zone Channel. Go Steelers!

Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:26 am

I'm starting to come around on Strong a little bit. Still would rather have a more mobile, dual-threat type player, but I don't think that's the Tombert way. Sucks to be drafting ILB high again after blowing capital on Bush and Schobert, but it's where we are. Definitely agree that Haden has seen better days, and the majority of those are behind him.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:31 pm

Desmond Ridder is beginning to grow on me. That kid has moxy and toughness.

Don't know much about Ridder's his arm strength or what else he brings to the table, but that motherfucker is tough.

I haven't seen Strong yet but will definitely look to check him out.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:33 pm

Ridder's arm strength is good. He made throws outside the numbers vs ND with good zip on the ball. His accuracy is questionable.
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:18 pm

Center is a huge need but at 6’5 305 Patterson is too small

He also looks doughy

Strong is too small as well

He will get crushed behind the Steelers OL
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare

🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

steelmann58

Post by steelmann58 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:32 pm

Strong is 6'4 and about 220 right now

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:47 am

Strong has pretty good size and throws a very nice deep ball… but he has has pedestrian mobility, offers nothing running the ball, and has what I would call average to below NFL average velocity on drive throws. If you’re willing to forego a real flashy running dual threat QB, Cole Kelley is a bit less accurate on the deep ball, but has Big Ben type size, a rocket on intermediate balls, and is a really effective runner, especially in the Red Zone and near the goal line. He’s been fantastic in the RZ: I believe his offense this year has scored 22 TDs in 23 red zone trips this year, with the only FG being on a possession where an all-American WR dropped a wide open and perfect pass in his hands.

I like Des Ridder a lot; he was fantastic last Saturday. He does have some rough stretches and his accuracy when under duress can be spotty, but he’s a top 5 QB in this class for me. Strong is maybe QB7-10 for me, but it’s a deep class. I hate to say the name but Strong reminds me most of Mason Rudolph.
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3× 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:29 am

If....Ben moves on.....

I have no idea how drafting a QB that isn’t a Mahomes generational talent is a good idea

Is there even one coach you can point to and say this guy will do a good job developing talent ?

Is there even one FO guy you trust to draft well ?

Do we have any OL that don’t look terrible ?

How long have RB and TE been very deficient ?

I could go on

The bottom line is the Steelers have a lot of work to do just to show they still know how to build a team
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare

🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic