Houdini

Mock drafts, college sports news, college football
Steeldrama

Houdini

Post by Steeldrama » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:52 am

1T) Ikem Ekwonu 6’4 320 OL North Carolina St- “Again, Drama?” Yep. “Icky” will transform the Steelers rushing attack with his Feldman Freak athleticism. Left tackle will most likely kick inside. Oh the trade down. I don’t know where the Steelers end up picking, but after missing out on the Slim Reaper, the Giants traded down for Kaderious Toney getting a 2021 4th AND a 2022 1st round pick. That’s a draft strategy I can wrap my head around. So I suggest building an NFL caliber OL then use those two 2023 1sts to find that next franchise qb. That’s my plan and I’m sticking to it-ish.

2.) Charles Cross 6’5 310 OT Mississippi St- Can’t have my 2023 rookie stud qb not having blindside protection now can I? “More athletic than Evan Neal.” Yes please.

3.) Isaiah Likely 6’4 240 TE Coastal Carolina- "Not bloody Likely!" Only way Steelers’ scouts spot this Chanticleer is on a golf outing down at Myrtle Beach. Ridiculous stat line vs Arkansas St this week that included a 99 yd TD catch. LOC always an issue with me for these small school kids but I think this hybrid can be quite the chess piece for a creative offensive coordinator (qualified candidates please expedite your resume to Steelers’ HQ where it will be promptly shredded by Tombert).

3C.) Chad Muma 6’3 242 LB Wyoming- Lazy Steelers scouts might enjoy a round of golf at Myrtle, but no way in Hell they travel WEST to Laramie. That’s a long damn bus ride doncha know. Cheap bastards. Anyway, this 3 down warrior could be even better than former Cowboy Logan Wilson. Kid is the total package with tackles, sacks, interceptions. Team leader type that’ll easily kick scUM bust Devin Bush to the curb.

4T) PJ Mustipher 6’4 326 DT Penn St- What a great day of college football! Didn’t see much of this one with my Dawgs playing at the same time but looked like a cool scene up there at Iowa City. Dig that black and yellow crowd. Oh Mustipher. Tough matchup today against stud center Tyler Linderbaum, but a big, powerful, high character kid that would look good playing next to Suwanee, GA’s own Cam Heyward.

5C) Coby Bryant 6’1 198 CB Cincinnati- Presumably no relation to the late Black Mamba. Sauce Gardner the headliner of the Bearcat defense, but this Bryant kid is a name to file away with 30 career PBUs. I don’t trust the Steelers to develop corners so hopefully they address the position successfully in free agency.

7) Gabe Houy 6’6 325 OT Pitt- Upper St. Clair product a mean, nasty, hombre at RT. Man, Pitt used to turn out the linemen didn’t they? Fralic, Jimbo, Grimm, May, Stepnoski, Reuben Brown, Tom Ricketts (just kidding).

7) Bo Nix 6’3 214 QB Auburn- Backyard Bo isn’t for everyone. But I dig him. Such an escape artist. Houdini got nothin’ on this gamer. His cross-field scramble against LSU was just ridiculous. He didn’t play bad today against Georgia’s elite defense. His receivers dropped many a catchable ball. Anyway, Reminds of a Brett Favre type. A wild stallion that needs taming. And No. Tomlin not the coach to tame him, “obviously.”

Thanks as always for reading. Please comment on the players you like and those you don’t. I really hope the Steelers trade down for a future 1st round pick. Adding draft capital the key to finding a franchise qb and adding talent throughout the roster. Go Dawgs! Roll Tide??? Maybe next week lol

What a GREAT day of college football!
The State Fair in Texas
Fans storming the field in Iowa and College Station
Truly special to see that level of joy and emotion
Love college ball!

Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

Ice

Post by Ice » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:37 am

Don't forget Down. Goes. Bama. Seriously, though, what a great day of Saturday ball.

Would love a one spot jump by the Bucks tomorrow evening after the top 5 losses, with the meat of the schedule ahead.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:06 pm

As a side note, Nicholas Petit-Frere, RT OSU, looks like a monster out there. I need to watch some more of him but he is a roadgrader
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

Ice

Post by Ice » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:42 pm

I'll take me some Dawand Jones, as well. As the announcer said, dude blots out the sun. Large, athletic young man.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:52 pm

jebrick wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:06 pm
As a side note, Nicholas Petit-Frere, RT OSU, looks like a monster out there. I need to watch some more of him but he is a roadgrader
Petit-Frere 6’5” 315lbs is the current starting left tackle for OSU.
The right tackle is junior Dawand Jones…6’8” 360lbs.
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Ice

Post by Ice » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:25 pm

That offensive line is monstrous all around. Should there be an opportunity at Bama, given what we've seen with physical lines being able to push them around on D, it's worth remembering. That offense is really beginning to round into something special. Going to be hard for anybody to stop.

The real teams on the schedule are all ahead, and if the Bucks want a playoff shot, it's there for the taking with multiple top ten match ups left on the board, including likely #2 Iowa in a possible B1G title game.

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:34 pm

Jobu wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:52 pm
jebrick wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:06 pm
Petit-Frere 6’5” 315lbs is the current starting left tackle for OSU.
The right tackle is junior Dawand Jones…6’8” 360lbs.
Thank you. I just saw he looked like a giant even next to his teammates. Sign me up for him in the draft
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

Ice

Post by Ice » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:03 pm

They had an awful lot of fun discussing his massive jersey during the broadcast. Largest Nike has ever made.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:24 pm

Gardner in the 5th?

That dude will probably be a 2nd rounder before it's over.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:27 pm

Ice wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:37 am
Don't forget Down. Goes. Bama. Seriously, though, what a great day of Saturday ball.

Would love a one spot jump by the Bucks tomorrow evening after the top 5 losses, with the meat of the schedule ahead.
I'll tell ya, that young QB for Texas A&M looked GODDAMN good.

Great size. Has an absolute cannon for an arm. Stood in there and took serious shots while still delivering deep shots with lovely touch on them.

I forgot the kid'd name, but Jimbo is right......that kid is gonna get better and better.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:11 pm

Agreed, and that was just a heck of a game, man.

Steeldrama

Post by Steeldrama » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:37 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:24 pm
Gardner in the 5th?

No
Gardner’s teammate Coby Bryant in the 5th
Sauce a potential 1st rd pick

I’ve only seen maybe a half of Ohio st this season and that was their loss to the Ducks

I’ll catch more Buckeye games and their stud tackles as their schedule improves
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:50 pm

Steeldrama wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:37 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:24 pm
Gardner in the 5th?

No
Gardner’s teammate Coby Bryant in the 5th
Sauce a potential 1st rd pick

I’ve only seen maybe a half of Ohio st this season and that was their loss to the Ducks

I’ll catch more Buckeye games and their stud tackles as their schedule improves
Aw FUCK I misread that.

My bad.

Harvey Woodlawn

Charles Demarr

Post by Charles Demarr » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:55 pm

If the Steelers pick in the teens, Gardner would be on a short list of guys for me.

He is legit.

PennyBacker

Post by PennyBacker » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:08 pm

Steeldrama wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:52 am

7) Bo Nix 6’3 214 QB Auburn- Backyard Bo isn’t for everyone. But I dig him. Such an escape artist. Houdini got nothin’ on this gamer. His cross-field scramble against LSU was just ridiculous. He didn’t play bad today against Georgia’s elite defense. His receivers dropped many a catchable ball. Anyway, Reminds of a Brett Favre type. A wild stallion that needs taming. And No. Tomlin not the coach to tame him, “obviously.”
There are very few college QBs I could see myself getting excited about the Steelers drafting next off season. Nix (or Backyard Bo as you called him), if he chooses to enter, would be on that list.

cop1211

Post by cop1211 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:17 am

I'll take it but give me a CB or SS in the 3rd (a).

Edmunds just plain sucks, as does the Steelers corners.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic