Jim Harbaugh already with Violations at Michigan

Mock drafts, college sports news, college football
BethlehemSteel

Jim Harbaugh already with Violations at Michigan

Post by BethlehemSteel » Tue May 12, 2015 2:11 pm

Too funny. Minor, but there you go

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... m-harbaugh

The Michigan Wolverines have reported four secondary violations to the NCAA under new coach Jim Harbaugh, it was reported Monday.

The Detroit Free Press reported that Harbaugh and his staff had discussed a recruit who had not signed with the school, donated items to a high school scholarship fundraiser, provided links to recruiting material to a recruit via social media and allowed a recruit to sit in a premium area during a hockey game.

Schools rarely are punished significantly by the NCAA for these types of infractions and, according to the paper, Michigan said it would further educate its staff concerning NCAA regulations.

Harbaugh signed a seven-year deal worth up to $38.1 million this offseason to coach his alma mater after four seasons with the San Francisco 49ers.

"If our team doesn't face enough adversity early on in a season, I create it. Nothing builds a team like adversity." ~ Mike Tomlin

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Tue May 12, 2015 3:05 pm

Really nothing to see here...college programs self report this minor shit all the time. Happens all day, everyday.
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

smithessmokin

Post by smithessmokin » Wed May 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Jobus Rum wrote:Really nothing to see here...college programs self report this minor shit all the time. Happens all day, everyday.

We've done similar stuff here at Indiana. Just let the NCAA know and they 99% are just happy that the school is self reporting. It's really easy to screw up and not even realize you've done it.

It's amazing what is considered a premium seating area. Also pretty easy to screw up what can be done with mail outs and social media.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Wed May 13, 2015 3:53 pm

Smithy how about the news Tevin Coleman has sickle cell trait? That's a drag. Probably hurt his draft stock and eliminated the possibility of being selected in afc west.

smithessmokin

Post by smithessmokin » Wed May 13, 2015 5:13 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:Smithy how about the news Tevin Coleman has sickle cell trait? That's a drag. Probably hurt his draft stock and eliminated the possibility of being selected in afc west.

Yeah, anyone who was in the know was asked to not say anything. People were always criticizing Coach Wilson about not giving him the ball 35+ times a game and his substitution pattern with him but we all knew why he wasn't out there. They had a private tent on the sidelines this year so they could get him extra oxygen and what not.

Either way, I expect him to tear it up down in Atlanta. He's got a zone blocking system and the expert to run it with Kyle Shanahan.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Wed May 13, 2015 6:26 pm

yep. good fit.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Wed May 13, 2015 6:51 pm

smithessmokin wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:Really nothing to see here...college programs self report this minor shit all the time. Happens all day, everyday.

We've done similar stuff here at Indiana. Just let the NCAA know and they 99% are just happy that the school is self reporting. It's really easy to screw up and not even realize you've done it.

It's amazing what is considered a premium seating area. Also pretty easy to screw up what can be done with mail outs and social media.

Exactly. The wife of a good friend has worked for The Ohio State University for over 30 years...the last 25+ in the athletic department. She told us quite a many yeas ago that rarely a day passes when one of these tiny ticky tacky rules aren't violated, and reported. She said it gets to be a pain in the ass, but its something that must be done.
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Ice

Post by Ice » Wed May 13, 2015 7:52 pm

Yeah, these are nothing. Thing I feel bad for Harbaugh about (not really, if you know my allegiance) is that Meechigan got that nice bounce from his hire, and then Coach Meyer and the Buckeyes go on their historic run and his buzz is run over by a scarlet and gray steamroller. Couldn't have happened to a better school.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Wed May 13, 2015 8:38 pm

Ice wrote:Yeah, these are nothing. Thing I feel bad for Harbaugh about (not really, if you know my allegiance) is that Meechigan got that nice bounce from his hire, and then Coach Meyer and the Buckeyes go on their historic run and his buzz is run over by a scarlet and gray steamroller. Couldn't have happened to a better school.

8-)

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Fri May 15, 2015 3:57 pm

Simply discussing a recruit who has not signed on is an infraction?

Discuss publicly, I am assuming?
“Yeah we suck, be there is a chance we could suck slightly more if we try to correct the problem.” - Art Deuce (summarized by SteelPerch)

Obviously

Post by Obviously » Fri May 15, 2015 6:16 pm

Would love to know what Ohio State grad and huge Michigan fan Timmay thinks about Mr. Harbaugh.
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#FireTomlin
#Obviously

R_S

Post by R_S » Sat May 16, 2015 4:53 pm

Donating $ to a high school fundraiser seems like a pretty obvious violation.

R_S

Post by R_S » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:53 pm

Jim is 0-1 and I loved it. I expected it though. Utes are a tought team, especially in their house.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic