Reynolds

StillerInCT

Reynolds

Post by StillerInCT » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:35 pm

Not a Buccos fan, but an avid baseball fan with a soft spot for the Pirates. Would they really consider trading Brian Reynolds? I feel like they finally have something building and Reynolds would be a nice centerpiece.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:03 pm

StillerInCT wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:35 pm
Not a Buccos fan, but an avid baseball fan with a soft spot for the Pirates. Would they really consider trading Brian Reynolds? I feel like they finally have something building and Reynolds would be a nice centerpiece.
By asking this question, it is very obvious that you are not a Buccos fan. :lol:
But yes, the Pirates will trade Brian Reynolds. They will also trade KeBryan Hayes. They will trade O'Neil Cruz. They will trade any player that will bring back a haul of “prospects”. The only question is when will they trade them. The Pirates aren’t interested in building anything other than Nuttings wallet.
"Don’t care what anyone says, for every Steelers WR to get unsportsmanlike, taunting penalties or exhibit behavior seen in the last decade. It’s coached in Pittsburgh and Coach Tomlin condones it. Tell me I’m lying," -Shannon Sharpe

StillerInCT

Post by StillerInCT » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:01 pm

Jobu wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:03 pm
StillerInCT wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:35 pm
By asking this question, it is very obvious that you are not a Buccos fan. :lol:
But yes, the Pirates will trade Brian Reynolds. They will also trade KeBryan Hayes. They will trade O'Neil Cruz. They will trade any player that will bring back a haul of “prospects”. The only question is when will they trade them. The Pirates aren’t interested in building anything other than Nuttings wallet.
Yeah I kind of knew deep down the answers was most definitely yes. :lol:

It's such a shame though. A great city with fans that will support competitive teams (even if they aren't spending huge money and winning championships every year) and a beautiful ballpark. It's a wasted opportunity. I'm glad my Grandmother got to go to games in their glory days and isn't around to see this shit show.

It's such a weird model to follow also. Because the Rays and A's have proven that you can be one of the best teams in the league and still spend near the bottom of the league.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:31 pm

Jobu basically nailed it, and that's what makes Nutting so fucking terrible.

In addition to Hayes, Cruz, and Reynolds, the Bucs' also have the top prospect in the majors at 2B, plus the #2 C prospect. That's a solid foundation for a lineup over the next 4-5 years. If they'd shell out another $50-60 million to bolster the Pitching staff, they'd be golden......and they still wouldn't even be top 20 in payroll.

SteelPro

Post by SteelPro » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:31 pm

Honestly, I’m starting to get really concerned about Hayes and the lack of punch in his bat. I don’t expect or need him to be 25+ homer a year guy with the type of defense he plays. But he needs to offer more than he has and he can’t be a .250 singles hitter. The early signs are he is Jason Kendall 2.0. The Pirates largest contracts in team history were both guys that play premium positions but can’t put the ball out of the yard.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic