Reynolds

StillerInCT

Reynolds

Post by StillerInCT » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:35 pm

Not a Buccos fan, but an avid baseball fan with a soft spot for the Pirates. Would they really consider trading Brian Reynolds? I feel like they finally have something building and Reynolds would be a nice centerpiece.

"Work harder not smarter" - Mike Tomlin

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:03 pm

StillerInCT wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:35 pm
Not a Buccos fan, but an avid baseball fan with a soft spot for the Pirates. Would they really consider trading Brian Reynolds? I feel like they finally have something building and Reynolds would be a nice centerpiece.
By asking this question, it is very obvious that you are not a Buccos fan. :lol:
But yes, the Pirates will trade Brian Reynolds. They will also trade KeBryan Hayes. They will trade O'Neil Cruz. They will trade any player that will bring back a haul of “prospects”. The only question is when will they trade them. The Pirates aren’t interested in building anything other than Nuttings wallet.
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

StillerInCT

Post by StillerInCT » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:01 pm

Jobu wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:03 pm
StillerInCT wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:35 pm
By asking this question, it is very obvious that you are not a Buccos fan. :lol:
But yes, the Pirates will trade Brian Reynolds. They will also trade KeBryan Hayes. They will trade O'Neil Cruz. They will trade any player that will bring back a haul of “prospects”. The only question is when will they trade them. The Pirates aren’t interested in building anything other than Nuttings wallet.
Yeah I kind of knew deep down the answers was most definitely yes. :lol:

It's such a shame though. A great city with fans that will support competitive teams (even if they aren't spending huge money and winning championships every year) and a beautiful ballpark. It's a wasted opportunity. I'm glad my Grandmother got to go to games in their glory days and isn't around to see this shit show.

It's such a weird model to follow also. Because the Rays and A's have proven that you can be one of the best teams in the league and still spend near the bottom of the league.
"Work harder not smarter" - Mike Tomlin

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:31 pm

Jobu basically nailed it, and that's what makes Nutting so fucking terrible.

In addition to Hayes, Cruz, and Reynolds, the Bucs' also have the top prospect in the majors at 2B, plus the #2 C prospect. That's a solid foundation for a lineup over the next 4-5 years. If they'd shell out another $50-60 million to bolster the Pitching staff, they'd be golden......and they still wouldn't even be top 20 in payroll.

SteelPro

Post by SteelPro » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:31 pm

Honestly, I’m starting to get really concerned about Hayes and the lack of punch in his bat. I don’t expect or need him to be 25+ homer a year guy with the type of defense he plays. But he needs to offer more than he has and he can’t be a .250 singles hitter. The early signs are he is Jason Kendall 2.0. The Pirates largest contracts in team history were both guys that play premium positions but can’t put the ball out of the yard.
People who quote themselves look like dogs who lick their balls

- Deebo referring to SteelerDayTrader

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:48 pm

Odds on Brian Reynolds eventually ending up in pinstripes on in Beantown?
"Jack Lambert is mean and relentless wherever he goes, on and off the field! I do remember many times he would chase me in practice, but no way would I let him catch me" - Franco Harris

MJG75

Post by MJG75 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:36 pm

JackLambert58 wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:48 pm
Odds on Brian Reynolds eventually ending up in pinstripes on in Beantown?
Likely unless they sign him to a longer extension this off season. He had a slightly down year, there would never be a better time. Odds are low that The Nut will ever pony up on this kind of deal.

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:27 am

I found something out on the Pirates’ Facebook page.

I found there are a certain type of people that still exist. They are a rarer sighting than Tomlin supporters, but they exist.

Nutting supporters.
“Yeah we suck, be there is a chance we could suck slightly more if we try to correct the problem.” - Art Deuce (summarized by SteelPerch)

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:35 pm

jeemie wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:27 am

I found there are a certain type of people that still exist. They are a rarer sighting than Tomlin supporters, but they exist.

Nutting supporters.
Wow! I know the "I will love my Pirates/Steelers/Penguins regardless of <enter calamity here>" rainbow and unicorn type fans exist in droves, but I never would have thought there are actual Nutting supporters out there.
"Jack Lambert is mean and relentless wherever he goes, on and off the field! I do remember many times he would chase me in practice, but no way would I let him catch me" - Franco Harris

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:23 pm

“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:48 pm

Jobu wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:23 pm
Ahem…
https://www.mlb.com/news/bryan-reynolds ... om-pirates
If this were anyone on the Pens or Steelers I'd be pissed. In this case, can you really blame him? Pirates management has earned ZERO benefit of the doubt. Until they actually show a willingness to spend money and build a roster, I support any player that wants to get the hell out.

Sell the team, Nutting.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:58 pm

Pabst wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:48 pm
Jobu wrote:
Ahem…
If this were anyone on the Pens or Steelers I'd be pissed. In this case, can you really blame him? Pirates management has earned ZERO benefit of the doubt. Until they actually show a willingness to spend money and build a roster, I support any player that wants to get the hell out.

Sell the team, Nutting.
Yep and yep!

MJG75

Post by MJG75 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:12 pm

JackLambert58 wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:35 pm
jeemie wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:27 am

Nutting supporters.
Wow! I know the "I will love my Pirates/Steelers/Penguins regardless of <enter calamity here>" rainbow and unicorn type fans exist in droves, but I never would have thought there are actual Nutting supporters out there.
That IS hard to believe, agree. Though I still have a glimmer of hope for the Bucs (fading fast), I never thought it would happen because of anything the Nut does, but always in spite of him and any decisions made by him.

MJG75

Post by MJG75 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:13 pm

Jobu wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:58 pm
Pabst wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:48 pm
Jobu wrote:
Ahem…

Sell the team, Nutting.
Yep and yep!
It's fucked up, man. Best player wants out, and who can blame him, indeed. I have said that if they traded Reynolds for a bucket of balls, I'd finally be out. This isn't the way I saw it happening, though. I guess we'll see, but none of this is good. Should have signed the man to a decent deal and moved onward.

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:26 pm

Hey Cutch is back! Championship!

This signing convinces me Reynolds is gone.
“Yeah we suck, be there is a chance we could suck slightly more if we try to correct the problem.” - Art Deuce (summarized by SteelPerch)

MJG75

Post by MJG75 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:59 pm

jeemie wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:26 pm
Hey Cutch is back! Championship!

This signing convinces me Reynolds is gone.
Probably.

The more I think about it, the more I think Reynolds isn't indispensable for our becoming competitive, but sure would be nice to keep him, hoarding some assets would be smart. I'm happy Cutch is back, but it's definitely more "feel good" than thinking that he has enough left in the tank to make a real difference. So many factors have to go right for us to have any chance to be competitive this coming season, and most of them probably won't happen. I'll be going to a few games anyway, as I've done the past few years since 2018, but I may go to a few more to see Cutch play, so that PR BS worked on me, and will probably work for a few others.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic