So are the Pirates any good.

Quixotic

So are the Pirates any good.

Post by Quixotic » Tue May 09, 2023 9:57 pm

I’ve been afraid to watch the Pirates since about 1991, for fear of being disappointed and frustrated. So, this year, I see that they have a pretty solid record so far, and hare hanging onto first place. But I’m still not sure I want to get my hopes up.

So are they suddenly pretty good. Or is it just the same old Pirates, just overachieving for the moment?

MJG75

Post by MJG75 » Sat May 20, 2023 4:15 am

They are not as good as the team that swept through April at 20-8, nor as bad as the sad sack team they've been in May until this week. They are a helluva lot better than they've been since 2015 and I think have a decent shot at a WC if not the division. I don't think they have the pitching depth to go far in the post season but you never know. Our rotation could look different by then also. No matter what they've been mostly fun to watch and are just now back in 1st place in a weak division. I'll take it!

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:53 am

No, they suck. This will be the answer until that cocksmoker owner sells them.
"Jack Lambert is mean and relentless wherever he goes, on and off the field! I do remember many times he would chase me in practice, but no way would I let him catch me" - Franco Harris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic