Let's Go Bucs 2024!

franco>madden

Re: Let's Go Bucs 2024!

Post by franco>madden » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:32 am

Something so strange and frustrating about this franchise --- Over more than a decade there have been so many different managers, different opponents, completely different roster (several times over) --- yet nearly every year they have the same news-making winning streak before or after an even more gigantic, maddening losing streak. I guess the (sub-par) record is the record, but extra lame that every season is a Pirates rollercoaster ending far short of excellence ...

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:17 pm

franco>madden wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:32 am
Something so strange and frustrating about this franchise --- Over more than a decade there have been so many different managers, different opponents, completely different roster (several times over) --- yet nearly every year they have the same news-making winning streak before or after an even more gigantic, maddening losing streak. I guess the (sub-par) record is the record, but extra lame that every season is a Pirates rollercoaster ending far short of excellence ...
It's ownership and the lack of a commitment to win. Nutting just doesn't give a shit as long as people keep coming through the turnstiles. I'm guessing that if you go down the organization from the executives to the scouts to the managers and coaches all the way down to Single A, you'll more likely than not come across individuals who are incompetent and have no business being there. Nothing will change until, as MJG75 says, the fucker sells the team.
"Jack Lambert is mean and relentless wherever he goes, on and off the field! I do remember many times he would chase me in practice, but no way would I let him catch me" - Franco Harris

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:34 pm

Watching the Pirates just about to get swept by the Red Sox. This is just a bad team. There's nothing they're doing right. The pitching this series has been appalling. They can't hit. Not really sure how they started 9-2. Another long season, boys.
"Jack Lambert is mean and relentless wherever he goes, on and off the field! I do remember many times he would chase me in practice, but no way would I let him catch me" - Franco Harris

MJG75

Post by MJG75 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:51 pm

Yep, looking real bad right now. Ironically, this is about where I thought they'd be this season, record-wise, I just didn't think it would go like this. But a young team like this is going to have a lot of peaks and valleys. What they are also battling, along with the day's starting pitcher, is the ownership and how much they hold this team back from really busting out and being good for a change, and that's what keeps the fans cynical.

How did we get such bad ownership in our town?

MJG75

Post by MJG75 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:01 pm

Was at Saturday's game. Just look overmatched at the plate right now, particularly with runners on and in scoring position. You just can't waste bases loaded and one out and not get at least one run via a fly ball. You just can't, particularly if you are a young team trying to scratch out runs any way you can. That was terrible, two straight K's in that situation. Just really bad right now.

As a minor aside, I was pissed off that they no longer play We are Family at the 7th inning stretch after "Take me out to the Ball game". I don't go to as many games as I used to, but the 7th inning stretch is one of the joys I have left when I do go. I say until this franchise wins another World Series, that's the last one we had and we damn well better celebrate it. LOL

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:34 pm

Cheapass SOBs will keep Skenes in the minors to save money and won't mind the dumpster fire in the majors.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Nietzsche

franco>madden

Post by franco>madden » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:58 am

Finally! Pirates back to looking like a major league team tonight with Cutch and Cruz busting out of their slump and Jones tying down a good Brewers team --- Now, will we ever see this type of performance more than occasionally in a season?

MJG75

Post by MJG75 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:40 pm

franco>madden wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:58 am
Finally! Pirates back to looking like a major league team tonight with Cutch and Cruz busting out of their slump and Jones tying down a good Brewers team --- Now, will we ever see this type of performance more than occasionally in a season?
Let's sure hope so! Was nice to see. Aside from watching Jones just make some hitters look foolish, I enjoyed watching him get out of his own bases loaded jam in the 6th. Kudos for Shelty for letting him stay in and battle through it when he was nearing the end of this night and was running on fumes. Kid did the job! Also, kudos for Shelty for pulling some of the right strings, leading off with Cutch, and giving Cruz time to grind through. Let's go Bucs!

MJG75

Post by MJG75 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:36 pm

Bailey Falter has looked damn good ever since the first inning of his first start this season. He shut the door except for one mistake when he was tiring in the 8th. Cutch with a homer to lead off the game for the second night in a row has to serve as an inspiration to the rest of the ballclub. 2 in a row from the hated Brewers! Let's go, Bucs, take 'em down!

ol skool

Post by ol skool » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:24 pm

MJG75 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:36 pm
Bailey Falter has looked damn good ever since the first inning of his first start this season. He shut the door except for one mistake when he was tiring in the 8th. Cutch with a homer to lead off the game for the second night in a row has to serve as an inspiration to the rest of the ballclub. 2 in a row from the hated Brewers! Let's go, Bucs, take 'em down!
Did I reverse-curse him?

I’ll take it!

On that note, Henry Davis is a bust.

MJG75

Post by MJG75 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:53 pm

ol skool wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:24 pm
MJG75 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:36 pm
Did I reverse-curse him?

I’ll take it!

On that note, Henry Davis is a bust.
He looks like it, but I think a little too early to tell yet for sure. He may need a reset in the minors, and I think he's going to get it with Grandal nearly ready to join the major league club. Whatever they do, though, it would be good to find out if he's never going to get it, or if he just needs a little more time. Interesting take if he doesn't get it together, we essentially traded our first pick for a second pick (Bart). Bart is showing up and that means a lot. I like Henry a lot and think he can be good, but man, he's struggling right now. Making it easy for them to make the decision with Grandal. Thing is, though, he really needs major league at bats, but not at the expense of dragging down the club.

Man, Chapman sure has looked lousy of late, even though that was a hell of a pitch he got beat on. Another tough loss yesterday. Let's get right vs some teams that aren't supposed to be very good. Let's GO Bucs!

franco>madden

Post by franco>madden » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:07 am

Hey wake up all yinz Easterners! :lol: Buccos with a great game and win tonight out here on the left coast in 'the city by a body of water', as Rome used to say.

Great pitching in this series so far and Reynolds + Hayes finally wake up the bats with extra innings bombs.

This club is often so maddening but tonight was pure classic baseball entertainment. Beat em Bucs! 😎

franco>madden

Post by franco>madden » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:45 am

.... and they go right back to the living dead at the plate; losing the series at Frisco and tonight getting 2-hit by a previously 1-4 A's pitcher....

MJG75

Post by MJG75 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:28 pm

franco>madden wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:45 am
.... and they go right back to the living dead at the plate; losing the series at Frisco and tonight getting 2-hit by a previously 1-4 A's pitcher....

Making it tough to hang with them. Anything can still happen, but right now? I look at every position (including DH) and very few are doing even average, let alone better than. Most are below that standard. It's pretty tough to watch them right now, but still hanging in. Let's see if we can turn it around with the As and get back home and get a win streak going. Let's go Bucs!

MJG75

Post by MJG75 » Thu May 09, 2024 1:15 pm

Well, Skenes is scheduled to come up for Saturday's game. Should be interesting. Looks like the Park is headed for a sellout which is not surprising. Let's hope they can get the bats turned around. Is it time to replace Triolo with Gonzalez or Peguero? Let's go Bucs!

ol skool

Post by ol skool » Thu May 09, 2024 4:03 pm

MJG75 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 1:15 pm
Well, Skenes is scheduled to come up for Saturday's game. Should be interesting. Looks like the Park is headed for a sellout which is not surprising. Let's hope they can get the bats turned around. Is it time to replace Triolo with Gonzalez or Peguero? Let's go Bucs!
Looking forward to it. Cubs can hit, so it’ll be a test.

Seen enough of Triolo (for now) and Tellez (forever). Buccos should bring up Gonzalez and Lamb like yesterday. Pitching is key, but we’ll go nowhere without MUCH better offense.

ol skool

Post by ol skool » Fri May 10, 2024 7:55 pm

Also a Ye shall receive. Gonzales being called up.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun May 12, 2024 8:57 pm

Aroldis Chapman is a cunt.

Reminds me of Stan Belinda. Throws hard as fuck but every pitch is right down the middle and easy to hit.

Fuck him.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

franco>madden

Post by franco>madden » Mon May 13, 2024 1:29 am

K_C_ wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 8:57 pm
Aroldis Chapman is a cunt.

Reminds me of Stan Belinda. Throws hard as fuck but every pitch is right down the middle and easy to hit.

Fuck him.
Pretty much.

Also, as has been said before, the Pittsburgh Pirates' history will apparently be forever divided exactly along a stark, laser-straight line between:
1). many decent and some great seasons [right up until the night Chico Lind botched the easy grounder and then Sid Bream rounded third as B Bonds 7-hopped his throw to home], and ...
2). centuries of frustration and failure [ever after] 😡

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic