Congrats to KeBryan Hayes! Gold Glove Winner!

MJG75

Congrats to KeBryan Hayes! Gold Glove Winner!

Post by MJG75 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:07 pm

Since MLB held gold glove winners for 3B, this is the first winner we've had at the hot corner. Hayes' defense is superior, if you've never watched him play, you're missing out. He finally hit better this past season over the course of a mostly full season (having missed a month). Good stuff.

https://triblive.com/sports/kebryan-hay ... xcellence/

Korey39

Post by Korey39 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:54 pm

MJG75 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:07 pm
Since MLB held gold glove winners for 3B, this is the first winner we've had at the hot corner. Hayes' defense is superior, if you've never watched him play, you're missing out. He finally hit better this past season over the course of a mostly full season (having missed a month). Good stuff.

https://triblive.com/sports/kebryan-hay ... xcellence/
The range on the left side of the infield is ridiculous with him and a healthy Cruz (you deal with the occasional error with Cruz). Those two really help a pitcher out.

MJG75

Post by MJG75 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:59 pm

It sure will be interesting. Hope that Cruz can recover fully (seems to be reporting that way, but we'll see, as he'll likely play some winter ball). Now to figure out the other half of the IF diamond.

Korey39

Post by Korey39 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:49 pm

MJG75 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:59 pm
It sure will be interesting. Hope that Cruz can recover fully (seems to be reporting that way, but we'll see, as he'll likely play some winter ball). Now to figure out the other half of the IF diamond.
Hoping for rhys hoskins at 1B but wouldn't be against a Santana reunion either. 2B is where it gets interesting. I'm not out on Peguero but the last 4 weeks were ROUGH. I wish we had a real hitting coach so a lot of these young guys could be coached out of slumps but it'll be interesting to see how he looks in spring training. Termarr isn't a guranteed answer at 2B but he looks damn good down in the minors however is still probably a year away + however long into the next season for super 2. I wouldn't hate a 1Y Tim Anderson signing and sliding him to 2B but outside of him the options are thin in FA for 2B.

MJG75

Post by MJG75 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:56 pm

Hoskins wouldn't be bad at all, but I am leaning to thinking they'll resign Santana. The feelings were mutual, I believe, about his time here, the young latin players really loved him, called him the "Latin Cutch". I think that will be important, and I think he has at least another decent year left in the tank.

I guess I'm not sure what to do with Triolo either, if that was a mirage, or the real deal late in the season. He's a good super utility guy if he can slip into that role. I know 1B was mentioned, but I don't think that will be the way they'll go with him.

2B is more of a mystery. I also loved Peguero, but agree that he had a really rough stretch. Agree with you about Termarr probably being at least another year+ away. I'm still hopeful on Gonzalez, I think he hit better after being sent back down. You just never know with these young guys, but I agree they could all use some better hitting coaching.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic