We are all Blues now

This is where old posts that do not fit into any of the new forum categories are dumped.
fractalsteel

Re: We are all Blues now

Post by fractalsteel » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:13 pm

Pabst wrote:Binnington stood on his head in the 1st. That helped

Yes, he did-one of the best performances by a tender I have ever seen. The second goal was the backbreaker and the life in the building seemed to leave.

Binnington should have won the Conne Smythe award, he was the difference.
Seeing the Rat crying at the end was priceless.

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:45 pm

fractalsteel wrote:

Yes, he did-one of the best performances by a tender I have ever seen. The second goal was the backbreaker and the life in the building seemed to leave.

The gif floating around the Internet right now of his terrible line change at the end of the first period that allowed Pietrangelo to walk in and score is going to sting the Rat forever. That is a change that I make in my beer league; no friggin way do you do that at the NHL level let alone game 7 of the SCF.

Fitting it was Marchand. Dude is an ass.
“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:48 pm

Orangesteel wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:

The gif floating around the Internet right now of his terrible line change at the end of the first period that allowed Pietrangelo to walk in and score is going to sting the Rat forever. That is a change that I make in my beer league; no friggin way do you do that at the NHL level let alone game 7 of the SCF.

Fitting it was Marchand. Dude is an ass.

Not to mention there was ~10 seconds left in the period when he did it.

Biggest story of the series was STL completely shutting down Boston's top line. Bergeron had 0 points at even strength and was a -4 for the series. Pastrnak and Marchand weren't much better.

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:11 pm

Marchand had been on the ice for nearly a minute when he made the blunder. He looked like he was caught in 'no man's land' to me. I believe he was out for another shift two minutes before that his last one. Probably was tired but it was no excuse for the imitation of a highway safety cone.

Bill Buckner curse.

Donnie Brasco

Post by Donnie Brasco » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:55 pm

fractalsteel wrote:

Eh I think the Conn Smythe winner was appropriate. ROR was the most consistent guy throughout the playoffs, came through with key goals

Binnington was good no doubt, if you want to say he was player of the game for this last contest I agree. But he had too many "off nights" to be considered. The games the Blues lost, they lost really badly (some his fault, some not)

Legacy User

Post by Legacy User » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:48 pm

binnington won this cup; they were worst in hockey till he came on board and Elliot benched! . they been winning ever since! crazy turn around. seems he really only addition made !
I bet he comes back to earth along with team next season.
definitely similar to Murray coming on to underachieving pens team and winning cup as rookie.

drmalba

Post by drmalba » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:06 pm

swissvale72 wrote:
Ice wrote:Swiss and Jack58 should have a fun day amongst the sad Massholes tomorrow. Good shit, St Louise.

Yeah, it's kind of amusing!! :lol: :lol:

No triple crown this year. And with the Sox wallowing in mediocrity the smug alert has been mercifully rescinded for a few months.
Squirrelin' those nuts

Locked Previous topicNext topic