NHL Playoffs A.P(after Pens) Discussion

This is where old posts that do not fit into any of the new forum categories are dumped.
Legacy User

Re: NHL Playoffs A.P(after Pens) Discussion

Post by Legacy User » Wed May 08, 2019 3:08 am

bishop been amazing;

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Wed May 08, 2019 2:03 pm

It’s now officially anyone but Boston. World Series in October, Super Bowl in February. If they win a cup in June I’ll lose it.
“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

Donnie Brasco

Post by Donnie Brasco » Wed May 08, 2019 5:24 pm

Blues continue to have a horseshoe up their ass

Seems like it's destiny they'll win the Cup

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:16 pm

Donnie Brasco wrote:Blues continue to have a horseshoe up their ass

From your lips to God's ears. I'm with Orange. Anyone but the Bruins. I am counting on Rask to end his Tim Thomas impersonation.
"Jack Lambert is mean and relentless wherever he goes, on and off the field! I do remember many times he would chase me in practice, but no way would I let him catch me" - Franco Harris

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Wed May 08, 2019 8:45 pm

Donnie Brasco wrote:Blues continue to have a horseshoe up their ass

I'm there too. I look at that roster and shake my head they are still there. Binnington is a big reason and if he had played all year and had the same numbers he could have made a run at the Hart trophy.

I think the Canes can give the Bruins fits and I'm hoping Rask comes back to earth as well.

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Sun May 12, 2019 9:07 pm

4-0 Bruins and it could be a lot worse.
Carolina getting completely outclassed, especially that last three periods.
Canes PK sucks donkey dick.

If Brind'Amour stays with Mzarek to start the third he is a moron.

Ice

Post by Ice » Sun May 12, 2019 11:50 pm

Sharks removed the Blues horseshoe and replaced it with a boot last night.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Mon May 13, 2019 12:42 am

Ice wrote:Sharks removed the Blues horseshoe and replaced it with a boot last night.

Yup, midnight has come for the Cinderellas. A change of venue for the Canes is most welcome.

The Bruins are really playing well all across the entire lineup. Reminds me of a team back in 2016.

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Mon May 13, 2019 3:19 pm

Much like Jon Snow was brought back by the Lord of Light to retake his rightful spot on the Iron Throne, the 5 minute major penalty that was not a 5 minute major penalty has given San Jose a chance to finally sit atop the NHL.

San Jose in 6 over Boston.

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Mon May 13, 2019 7:02 pm

I see Hornqvist has shown up for the IIHF World Championships.

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon May 13, 2019 10:59 pm

Orangesteel wrote:Much like Jon Snow was brought back by the Lord of Light to retake his rightful spot on the Iron Throne, the 5 minute major penalty that was not a 5 minute major penalty has given San Jose a chance to finally sit atop the NHL.

San Jose in 6 over Boston.

The Sword That Is Not A Sword is a different fantasy series, but I like your thinking.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Donnie Brasco

Post by Donnie Brasco » Tue May 14, 2019 7:03 pm

I don’t subscribe to The Athletic, but apparently Rossi’s article today contains the following quote:

“we’ve heard that Crosby was not pleased with the Malkin trade speculation. That alone was probably reason enough for what had been a hot topic to cool considerably over the past couple of weeks.”

Louis Lipps Service

Post by Louis Lipps Service » Tue May 14, 2019 7:19 pm

Donnie Brasco wrote:I don’t subscribe to The Athletic, but apparently Rossi’s article today contains the following quote:

“we’ve heard that Crosby was not pleased with the Malkin trade speculation. That alone was probably reason enough for what had been a hot topic to cool considerably over the past couple of weeks.”

Ugh. Not that I want to trade Malkin or anything, just hate hearing when stars get to play GM or coach. I don't mind them being consulted before a major deal, it's always a good idea to get input from the guys in the trenches, and that's exactly what someone wearing the "C" should be able to provide, they just shouldn't have final say.

It's always bugged me that Sid allegedly doesn't want to play with Hornqvist and that has prevented them from playing them together.

And while I have nothing to base it on, I still believe Sid had a big part in signing JJ.

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Wed May 15, 2019 12:11 am

Old man complaint-can one of these assholes sing the anthem the way it is supposed to be sung instead of trying to make the song their own.

Legacy User

Post by Legacy User » Wed May 15, 2019 1:31 am

damn bruins rolling thru canes like hot butter! I thought canes were supposed to be faster team! disappointing.

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Wed May 15, 2019 2:52 am

Rask playing out of his mind. Fuck Boston.

Donnie Brasco

Post by Donnie Brasco » Wed May 15, 2019 2:35 pm

Orangesteel wrote:Rask playing out of his mind. Fuck Boston.

Shades of Tim Thomas

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Wed May 15, 2019 7:12 pm

When the Canes missed the gaping open net in the first few minutes last night I had this sinking feeling they were doomed.

While you can give Rask a ton of credit we should give the rest of the team their due as well.
The Bruins PK is suffocating. Watch how they attack the puck carrier immediately and choke off the passing lanes.

Cassidy is pushing all the right buttons and getting the right combo's out there. He should be getting a lot of credit.

The bottom six for the Bruins have been great throughout the playoffs.
Kampfer fills in for McAvoy in game one and scores the first goal for the Bruins.

And their top line is so good on both ends of the ice.

I said this before but this Bruins team reminds me of the Pens 2016 team.

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Thu May 16, 2019 3:48 am

LOL at the NHL. Blatant hand pass on game winner for SJS.

I still can’t believe this league sometimes...regardless of the arguments for or against replay, how in the hell do all of those striped jerseys miss that obvious hand pass? Just mind boggling. What the fuck are they looking at?

Donnie Brasco

Post by Donnie Brasco » Thu May 16, 2019 1:36 pm

Orangesteel wrote:LOL at the NHL. Blatant hand pass on game winner for SJS.

I still can’t believe this league sometimes...regardless of the arguments for or against replay, how in the hell do all of those striped jerseys miss that obvious hand pass? Just mind boggling. What the fuck are they looking at?

I agree it's silly they can review offsides plays a min before a goal is scored but can't review an illegal action 1 second before its scored

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Thu May 16, 2019 1:38 pm

Now the NHL has bailed out the Sharks twice this playoff season.

Legacy User

Post by Legacy User » Fri May 17, 2019 2:41 am

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:LOL at the NHL. Blatant hand pass on game winner for SJS.

I agree it's silly they can review offsides plays a min before a goal is scored but can't review an illegal action 1 second before its scored

true; that's annoying; offsides or not by fractions of an inch; blow up the blue line and puck or skate to cover the whole screen and waste 10 minutes looking for the foul that was 25 seconds before the goal; ridiculous; and they can't review that hand pass before an overtime goal?

fucking bruins steam rolling canes; :roll:

Donnie Brasco

Post by Donnie Brasco » Fri May 17, 2019 3:40 pm

the Pens were swept by the team that was swept by the team that was just swept by the team representing the East in the Cup Finals.

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Fri May 17, 2019 4:11 pm

Donnie Brasco wrote:the Pens were swept by the team that was swept by the team that was just swept by the team representing the East in the Cup Finals.

LOL.

I said a few weeks ago that the Pens looked like the worst team in the playoffs. That might not have been hyperbole.

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Fri May 17, 2019 4:34 pm

No Chara, no problem.

I'm hoping for two things. First the long layoff the Bruins are facing now screws with their mojo.
Secondly, I'm hoping the powers that be want old man Joe Thornton to win the cup before he fades off into the sunset.

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:04 am

The Blues looked extremely strong today on the Sharks' home ice. They said fuck the refs, we'll just do this ourselves. Man, I hope they go all the way.
"Jack Lambert is mean and relentless wherever he goes, on and off the field! I do remember many times he would chase me in practice, but no way would I let him catch me" - Franco Harris

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Mon May 20, 2019 12:50 am

JackLambert58 wrote:The Blues looked extremely strong today on the Sharks' home ice.

Yeah, that was a beating they put down.
Sharks were down to 8 forwards at one point. Players were going to the dressing room faster than the fans out of their seats heading home.
Deboer fucked up playing Karlsson today, he isn't close to being healthy. They were short-handed all game because of that move.
The Blues forecheck has been stellar recently. How they do it with the lack of speed pisses me off(Sullivan).

Binnington is the story. Seen this before.

I have no idea if the Sharks can bring it game 6.
Attrition is a strategy and in this series, it is working(Brent Burns calling you out).
I suspect the Bruins have too much to offer to against what is left.

Donnie Brasco

Post by Donnie Brasco » Mon May 20, 2019 12:09 pm

JackLambert58 wrote:The Blues looked extremely strong today on the Sharks' home ice. They said fuck the refs, we'll just do this ourselves. Man, I hope they go all the way.

E Karlsson is a shell of what he can do. Sad to see

R_S

Post by R_S » Mon May 20, 2019 4:30 pm

For the love of god, not another Boston championship.

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Tue May 21, 2019 1:45 pm

R S wrote:For the love of god, not another Boston championship.

Say what you will about the Boston teams but it's obvious the owners of those teams have a definitive commitment to winning championships where in Pittsburgh, the only owner who has that is Mario.

Locked Previous topicNext topic