SteelerFury News

This is where old posts that do not fit into any of the new forum categories are dumped.
Minkah'n History

Re: SteelerFury News

Post by Minkah'n History » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:15 am

Thanks B2B, and to everyone who makes SteelerFury the best place to talk Steelers football.

Appreciate all the hard work you do and would love to help contribute as well.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:16 pm

Scunge wrote:I felt so at odds and cranky not being able to come to SteelerFury and get my fix.

B2B, I will happily donate to the cause, and will try and make it a yearly thing. In terms of PayPal I might know a little something about why Flanker prefers not to deal with them. For me it was two-fold, how they treated me and how they treated others. PayPal has unfortunately joined, for lack of a better term, the Culture War, they are actually going after some people who do not line up with certain political beliefs, or idealogical, and terminating their service. There were a number of creators that used Patreon and had their followers use PayPal to make donations to them. Then Patreon got political, started to ban certain creators they deemed unworthy, so these creators moved on to SubscribeStar and their followers thought they could use PayPal to donate to them, but PayPal then decided to not allow people to use their service with SubscribeStar. There was outrage and even some people looking to file some sort of suit, it is getting ugly. I can sadly see a time where parallel systems of banks, payment systems are set up for people on the left and people on the right, those for democrats and those for republicans, those for liberals and those for conservatives.

On a personal level, I still use PayPal reluctantly, but the experiences I have had with them in the past year has been really troubling and I try and limit my use of them.

Well, I'm sympathetic to the above... but I've just spent time researching alternatives and my report is: Man, it's bleak!

I'm working on a Skrill/Shopify/Strip[e solution that will also work for an online store. As I said, you can also Venmo, ChasePay, GooglePay, or send a check for my business account. I'll try to accommodate as many needs as possible and hopefully make it easy. Will update ASAP.

StillerInCT

Post by StillerInCT » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:36 pm

Thanks B2B and all the others that chip in to keep this site running. It's really the only place I go to for Steelers related stuff. I've enjoyed the banter over the years with everyone here.

I'll gladly donate for your guys efforts.
"Work harder not smarter" - Mike Tomlin

StillerInCT

Post by StillerInCT » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:37 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Flanker wrote:Thanks B2B and I will donate as long as it isn't PayPal.

I actually enjoy the drama/trolling/personal attacks but I'm probably in the minority. That is a part of our long history on multiple sites and made for some great entertainment as far as message boards go. :(

Is there a problem with PayPal? What's your preference? You can venmo or chasepay. You can probably apple pay but I'd have to see how to set it up.

Venmo or Apple Pay. My PayPal account literally closed last week from inactivity.
"Work harder not smarter" - Mike Tomlin

jewelsongs

Post by jewelsongs » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:56 pm

Happy to donate with Paypal.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:10 pm

jewelsongs wrote:Happy to donate with Paypal.

Upper left hand corner:
http://steelerfurypodcast.com

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:11 pm

StillerInCT wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

I actually enjoy the drama/trolling/personal attacks but I'm probably in the minority. That is a part of our long history on multiple sites and made for some great entertainment as far as message boards go. :(

Is there a problem with PayPal? What's your preference? You can venmo or chasepay. You can probably apple pay but I'd have to see how to set it up.

Venmo or Apple Pay. My PayPal account literally closed last week from inactivity.

check your PM

those of you who have my phone number from draft texts... that's my venmo account.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:15 pm

Also, if anyone would like to sponsor the site and/or the podcast, now is an excellent time to get a deal. We're rocking between 1-3 K downloads per week with the podcast, and that's with limited marketing. We used to be in the 10-12K range, when there were fewer options. Probably could get back to that if we went daily... but I would also die. Anyway, I'm sure someone out there will find that a worthwhile audience.

fritzthecat

Post by fritzthecat » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:19 pm

I guess politics is in everything now.
But anyway it's just like a bank that can draw from or give to your bank.
What's Brave Payments

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:22 pm

fritzthecat wrote:I guess politics is in everything now.
But anyway it's just like a bank that can draw from or give to your bank.
What's Brave Payments

If you use Brave browser, it donates some of your fee to registered sites you visit.

One thing I can tell you about banks and money: none of it is clean or politics free.

jewelsongs

Post by jewelsongs » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:15 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Upper left hand corner:

Done

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:52 pm

jewelsongs wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Upper left hand corner:

Done

cheers, and thank you

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:55 pm

I just looked at the paypal donations and you guys are generous, thanks a million.

Minkah'n History

Post by Minkah'n History » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:01 am

I have PayPal how do you donate?

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:41 am

Hinestuff wrote:I have PayPal how do you donate?

go to: [url]steelerfurypodcast.com[/url]
look in the upper right corner for the button

Steelafan77

Post by Steelafan77 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:55 am

I don't have a paypal account. What's the process without a paypal account?
“I pride myself in creating discomfort for myself and others,” Tomlin said, “I’m fundamentally against comfort.” [3-24-2024]

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:30 am

Steelafan77 wrote:I don't have a paypal account. What's the process without a paypal account?

well if you just email me your credit card info and your address and full name I will sort it for you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

just kidding.

Steelafan77

Post by Steelafan77 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:37 pm

Don't you want to wait till after I hit the Lottery? :lol:
“I pride myself in creating discomfort for myself and others,” Tomlin said, “I’m fundamentally against comfort.” [3-24-2024]

Minkah'n History

Post by Minkah'n History » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:42 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Hinestuff wrote:I have PayPal how do you donate?

go to: [url]steelerfurypodcast.com[/url]
look in the upper right corner for the button

Thank you.

Legacy User

Post by Legacy User » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:05 am

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Excellent post, B2B. I use my PayPal for business only, but will set up a Venmo account and make a contribution this week.

Locked Previous topicNext topic